• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been doing work with my dex build using the washing pole with carthus rouge + heavy lloyd's talisman usage. I always end up dead in the 3v1 scenario, but I take at least one or two of them with me.

For str I always default to gundyr's halberd. Its sweeping R2 will devastate anyone trying to mob up on you and force some distance between you and the mob at the very least. BK Glaive should work wonders in the same scenario, but that's more of a quality weapon so gundyr's is probably best bet if you want more of a pure STR weapon.

Yep, I was leaning towards Gundyr's Halberd for that sweeping moveset and the charge that can punish dodge rolling chuggers.

Soulhouf

I also maxed out the Warriors of Sunlight, Rosaria's Fingers, Mound-Makers, Aldrich Faithful covenants last night too. After I beat the game, I turned those in to get my items. Still need to do the Watchdogs of Farron too, but I'm half way through that, as it's an easy farm. Blades of the Darkmoon will be a bitch and a half to do. I luckily got 2 extra Proofs last few days for helping people. I'm going to wait till NG+ before I even try farming again.

Question for those at end game/NG+ and beyond and are no longer leveling up. What level are you? Since I'm a pyro build, thinking of going to at least 120, maybe 125 to help max out Int/Faith to 40/40 and increase Attument a little bit more for more FP.

I should note that I really don't care about dueling. But I do want to keep invade/get invaded. So want to make sure i'm in same kind of range of everyone else.

NG+3 SL75 right now. I'm still debating if I should level up or not since I'm winning 90% in PvP and almost 100% when it's 1vs1.
The meta seems to be 100 or 120 depending on region/players but I like having an extremely focused min/max build.

0racle

I want to buy everything such as spells, rings etc for trophies during my initial play through.

Do any NPC vendors die/dissapear/stop selling items?

I have been focusing on aquring the vendors but not buying as of yet. I wanted to do thay end game when im rolling in souls.

I just beat the abyss watchers

laxu

I want to buy everything such as spells, rings etc for trophies during my initial play through.

Do any NPC vendors die/dissapear/stop selling items?

I have been focusing on aquring the vendors but not buying as of yet. I wanted to do thay end game when im rolling in souls.

I just beat the abyss watchers

You can't get all rings on first playthrough as some +1 and +2 versions only appear in NG+ and NG++. Out of the vendors there's only one that is possible to kill almost accidentally though you can still get whatever he is selling after finding his body, the items will just cost more.

You get some bonafide farming locations later in the game on so don't worry about souls. Just buy what you need.

laxu

Those Greirat-looking motherfuckers are the hardest enemies in the game. The final boss should have just been 100 of them. Stupid fucking pieces of shit.

They have one attack that is like a 5 hit combo or something that often staggers you. I hate those fuckers but not as much as the dogs. Probably the most annoying area in the game is that
staircase in Irithyll with dogs and invisible casters

0racle

You can't get all rings on first playthrough as some +1 and +2 versions only appear in NG+ and NG++. Out of the vendors there's only one that is possible to kill almost accidentally though you can still get whatever he is selling after finding his body, the items will just cost more.

You get some bonafide farming locations later in the game on so don't worry about souls. Just buy what you need.

you can spoil that vendor if you wish. Also im not the best player so I tend to have a better time being over levelled so I tend to allocate all souls to that.

Need some help, I've
killed all four lords of cinder as well as the optional bosses, but I can't seem to get to the Kiln of the First Flame. Any ideas why that might be?

Sillution

This damn camera during Nameless king first phase... I almost killed him in second phase by a fraction of health now im consistnatly stuck on first part of the fight cause of the camera.

What's the best way to earn Vertebrae Shackles?

1. Invade as a mound maker with red eye orb
2. Use red sign soapstone and duel
3. Set a password up with a friend. Person sign down must be using mound maker covenant. Use red sign soapstone to place purple sign down. Have your friend summon you. You kill your friend that summoned you and you will get a vertebra shackle. Then the friend that summoned you needs to re-summon you again. Rinse and repeat.

1. Invade as a mound maker
2. Use red soapstone and duel
3. Set a password up with a friend. Person placing sign down must be vertebro. Use red sign soapstone to place purple sign down. Have your friend summon you. You kill your friend (who is the host) and you will get a vertebra shackle. Then the host friend needs to use an ember to re-summon you again. Rinse and repeat.

Skip the ember part. You can summon reds without being embered

GulAtiCa

What's the best way to earn Vertebrae Shackles?

In my experience, just equip the Mound Maker cov and put down your summoning sign. Much better then grinding/farming for the items. I got it to 30 in 3 days without too much effort.

Some people will summon you to do duels, so you will get some that way if you win. Some will summon you to a gank fest, so I recommend be in areas where the host has to go through a bunch of enemies if they are ass.

But most will summon you for "help". Just take your time and only attack when you see it's the best time. Hell, even if you put down your sign and have no intention on killing the host, if the host ever dies, you win anyways.

My best strategy was to wait till they were on a edge and just push them off. lol.
I got a good 5+ for just doing the following:
I'm such an asshole. lol. I'm being a mad summon in G
rand Archives
. I co-op for most part. But once the host reaches the 1st major short-cut that drops down the big long ladder. I then get behind them with my Hornet ring on and backstab them. Usually halfs their HP and the force of it pushes them off the ledge too. So they either fall from the fall or from me then landing on them. :)
Works every time. funny too.

Footos22

In my experience, just equip the Mound Maker cov and put down your summoning sign. Much better then grinding/farming for the items. I got it to 30 in 3 days without too much effort.

Some people will summon you to do duels, so you will get some that way if you win. Some will summon you to a gank fest, so I recommend be in areas where the host has to go through a bunch of enemies if they are ass.

But most will summon you for "help". Just take your time and only attack when you see it's the best time. Hell, even if you put down your sign and have no intention on killing the host, if the host ever dies, you win anyways.

My best strategy was to wait till they were on a edge and just push them off. lol.
I got a good 5+ for just doing the following:

Works every time. funny too.

Or just invade and get 30 in about 3 hours

You can definitely see the influence of cross game development between BB and this.
When I got up to Grand Cathedral I started looking for Cthulu on the buildings.

Pejo

What's a good spear for a pure DEX build? Spears are fun and I wanna upgrade one.

Well the only two that have the sweep R2 attack that I've found are the Partizan and Y
orshka's
Spear, which I really love in a spear moveset to make up for the obvious weakness of only having pokes. That said, they both seem to have bad damage and you can't infuse/buff the second. Maybe try the Twinspears? The L1 attacks are pretty fun and with the poise system the way it is, you can stunlock a lot of things to death.

You will want to infuse sharp on these most likely too, but I'm sure you were already going to do that.

Just my 2c.

GulAtiCa

Or just invade and get 30 in about 3 hours

If your good with dealing with 2+ summons sure. Mound Maker invasions target those with highest number of people in it for max chaos.

People summoning you to help them usually meant I was their only summon, maybe a 2nd summon.

My way only took me a few hours as well. Prob no more then 4.

This damn camera during Nameless king first phase... I almost killed him in second phase by a fraction of health now im consistnatly stuck on first part of the fight cause of the camera.
Roll away like crazy whenever the lockon breaks. I have killed that boss countless times now but I still die occasionally because of the exact same reason.

Footos22

If your good with dealing with 2+ summons sure. Mound Maker invasions target those with highest number of people in it for max chaos.

People summoning you to help them usually meant I was their only summon, maybe a 2nd summon.

My way only took me a few hours as well. Prob no more then 4.

You only have to kill one on 2 v 1 so it's not so bad. Most ppl just hold their shield up at you so one quick shield break special and riposte and you can just wave to the other dude like a massive troll

GulAtiCa

I usually try a boss on my own first. Most times I'll try to beat it, even if it takes me a few tries. I don't try to hold onto any pride or so, I consider summoning when it's been a few times and I just want to move on.

I do enjoy putting my summon sign down though

You only have to kill one on 2 v 1 so it's not so bad. Most ppl just hold their shield up at you so one quick shield break special and riposte and you can just wave to the other dude like a massive troll
Actually, it depends. The game will tell you how many you have to kill when you get summoned/invaded. Most times for me when invading, it would tell me I had to kill 2 or 3. Usually it's the # of summons already there. So killing the host or 3 summons can be tough to do repeatedly. I've certainly done it with vs 2.

Nekrono

Honestly co-op trivializes every boss fight. I enjoy helping other people out from time to time but I would never consider summoning for a boss.

Same here, I've helped a couple of times with some bosses, some times to know the fight before I jump in but I've never summoned someone to help me, NG+ I might though.

gaugebozo

Sorry to the host last night who had me and the other two summons all wipe in the first 30 seconds of NK. How were we to know he was going to
fire blast
twice in a row? Shit.

gaugebozo

Oh, and to the host who persevered when the first two summons went down, and I had no flasks for the second half of the fight. I'm glad I went down after tanking to get almost his last quarter of health. You deserved that last hit bro. *toast gesture*

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
This whole area of I
rithyll
D
ungeon
and P
rofaned
C
aptial
is just great. We Demon's Souls now.

Pejo

Sorry to the host last night who had me and the other two summons all wipe in the first 30 seconds of NK. How were we to know he was going to
fire blast
twice in a row? Shit.

That's probably the most bullshit move I've run into in the game that isn't infinite
sky arrows
. I put my summon sign down a lot for that boss and I still get hit by it almost every time. Can't seem to outrange it.

pa22word

That's probably the most bullshit move I've run into in the game that isn't infinite
sky arrows
. I put my summon sign down a lot for that boss and I still get hit by it almost every time. Can't seem to outrange it.

It still shocks me people get hit with this.

When he shoots up just run away from him. I got hit and killed with it once, said to myself "oh it's an AOE fireblast", and never got hit with it again. I've beaten the boss probably 30+ times now and it still blows my mind everytime a host gets blasted with it.

The arrows are pretty easy to dodge too. Just run in loops around the pillars and remember that the arrows only damage when they fall, not when they are on the ground. The only BS part of that move is when he decides to throw multiple homing blasts at you during it, which after you get hit with it one time it should be enough to make you remember to swing your camera behind you and pointed at him at all times when you're running from the arrows.

Agram

Holy shit I already have 7 Shackles :O I had no idea I'm good at PVP
What are great PVP weapons? Everyone seems to be using Long Sword or something similar. I'm using Black Knight Sword but it may be too slow for 1v1.

Tingle

When he shoots up just run away from him. I got hit and killed with it once, said to myself "oh it's an AOE fireblast", and never got hit with it again. I've beaten the boss probably 30+ times now and it still blows my mind everytime a host gets blasted with it.

Also if you just stand back a bit and don't wail on his legs, he never does the attack. I always hate hosts who don't get that attacking the legs is deliberately very futile.

Slurmer

Banned
Holy shit I already have 7 Shackles :O I had no idea I'm good at PVP
What are great PVP weapons? Everyone seems to be using Long Sword or something similar. I'm using Black Knight Sword but it may be too slow for 1v1.

If you're a mound maker the easiest way to succeed in PVP is to win the host's trust by initially helping them, then turning on them when their back is turned or they're swarmed by enemies.
:)

pa22word

so what are the rumors/speculation about what story elements the DLC will cover?

Londor seems to be the guess thus far, though it may be one of those "so obvious it won't happen" type of bait and switch style things.

Also if you just stand back a bit and don't wail on his legs, he never does the attack. I always hate hosts who don't get that attacking the legs is deliberately very futile.

Yep. Just keep hitting his head and he goes down very quick. All of NK's moves during that phase are heavily teligraphed, so just go two handed and the boss will melt in like a min to you.

TitusTroy

yup, the key is to run forward as soon as he flies up in the sky...don't run behind him...run forward away from him and you won't get touched by the fire

pa22word

OCELOOOTTEE

lIujCU6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom