• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakkuei

Dear "sunbros" who sit at the sidelines and watch me fight instead of doing your job.

Fuck You.
There's a bug where phantoms can't enter fog gates. Happens quite often.

I finally tried out some of the covenants, but Aldrich (and Sunbros for Boss Coop) is the only one that works well for me. I'm SL around 60/70 and get summoned every 10-15 seconds, it's crazy. I sometimes struggle to remove the covenant emblem fast enough to leave an area before being summoned again :D
I wish there were similar covenants for other areas that work that easy.
Yeah, Aldrich works amazingly well while Watchdogs doesn't, go figure. FROM works in mysterious ways.

Sarcasm

Yeah, I think there's a bottleneck happening somehow because after getting a proof of concord I could try and farm and not get anything for another hour continuously. Once I would quit the game and get back in, I would almost immediately get one.

When you say quit, do you mean completely to desktop or to menu?

Soodanim

Part way through NG+ I've decided to play offline while I go through each area for the first time. That way I can try and find all of the things I never saw first time, and I really like to see all of the NPC summons without getting distracted by human signs and invasions.

That said, I'm enjoying PvP whereas I didn't so much in past games. I dropped a sign in the woods and it was 3 friendly vs what ended up being 2 foes and a mad one. We all even sat down to wait for the fresh mad one to join us. That is absolutely genius work from From, and I'm definitely going to spend a lot more time online once I'm through with the offline stuff.

I also got myself the Wolf sword and I realise I should have trusted my gut first time round. I adore how much fun it is in 1 and it's still great in 3. I wish i could still flip off high edges and finish the attack though, I tried that and it went into the fall animation. But between hyper armour and the poise damage it feels powerful.

I got Wolf ring+1 but never got the original. Am I screwed? And does it even work?

I feel like this game needed a couple more areas at the end. Felt like it finished very abruptly.

Like going through
Irythyll
felt somewhat equivalent to Sen's Fortress progression wise. But then after that and surrounding areas your suddenly at
Lothric Castle
and then the final boss.

It's like the game is missing the third act.

JTCx

I finally tried out some of the covenants, but Aldrich (and Sunbros for Boss Coop) is the only one that works well for me. I'm SL around 60/70 and get summoned every 10-15 seconds, it's crazy. I sometimes struggle to remove the covenant emblem fast enough to leave an area before being summoned again :D
I wish there were similar covenants for other areas that work that easy.

Whats the secret? This stupid covenant doesnt work for me...i just need 1 more dreg! I cant even get those deacons to even drop 1.

SL80 for reference

About to got to NG+ finally (100+hrs in lololol), I want to try main pyro/mage next run though as I always just play sword and shield type style. Any tips for the respec I should know about?

Any recommended staff or chime thing I should upgrade before hand?

Cheers.

mulac

Phew, nearly done - i'm making my way through
ArchDragon Peak
at the moment which is actually quite fun.

Although I dont know what to do with all these Titanite Chunks and Twinkling as I'm perfectly happy with my weapons - playing a STR build and still rocking my trust Black Knight +5 Sword and +10 Butchers Knife as required.

Maybe a DEX build for NG+...

Oh and fuck those rolling turtle stone things. Fuck them hard.

Once this is done its on to NG+ and the journey to platinum really begins.

Incase anyone is interested I put this high on par to Bloodborne and once this Plat is done I think i'll give DS2: SOTFS a proper try (have already beaten DS1).

Soodanim

ArchDragon Peak

Although I dont know what to do with all these Titanite Chunks and Twinkling as I'm perfectly happy with my weapons - playing a STR build and still rocking my trust Black Knight +5 Sword and +10 Butchers Knife as required.

Incase anyone is interested I put this high on par to Bloodborne and once this Plat is done I think i'll give DS2: SOTFS a proper try (have already beaten DS1).
For what it's worth now that 3 is here it's shown us that 2 didn't mean that much overall. Have you played it before? Framerate aside I felt 1 was smoother to control and play than 2, and 3 is smoother than 1 so you may be in for a difficult adjustment.

Septimius

ArchDragon Peak

Kick them. There's always a ledge they'll roll off of.

Footos22

Finished it. well NG anyway.

47 hours, I maxed out 4 covenants, Aldrich, sunbros, moundmakers and rosarias and found pretty much everything. farron and darkmoon grinding to come and just some spells im missing but will do that before I hop into ng+

couple of npc quests I messed up on but I already got the rings from them so im not bothered.

oh and I killed sorcerer bloke early so I can get that sweet morion blade.

Will wait till after uc4. Im gonna be playing DS3 for a very long time. its my favourite dark souls. Not quite bloodborne good, but its up there.

This was my first playthrough. He was just there, acting like he did something bad to me.
Same thing happened to me. Because he sells
Seigward's armour
, that is what prompted me to look for him and I did end up successfully completing his questline. I guess you need to find
Seigward
earlier in
the Cathedral
to trigger Patches being there too?

daninthemix

Hosted a pretty cool impromptu fight club outside Pontiff's bonfire.

Oversaw probably a dozen 1v1 fights before a purple decided to attack me. Everyone was waiting for their turn. A good bunch.

I'm what you would call a Soulsborne noob. Just recently got back into BB and bought DS3.

I was feeling really good about myself having just beat
The Abyss Watchers
, but the area after that
The Catacombs
is kicking my ass!

Some of the mobs in this game are so much harder than the bosses.

Cyborg

Two questions about Greirat and Sirri

1. Sent Greirat out for his second savage but he still isnt back, defeated the
Giant and Dancer
but he still isnt back. Where is his
body
exactly?

2. Completed Sirri's quest all the way, defeated
the real NPC Kindrick or something like that, her grand dad
Is her quest finished now and can I offer the pale tongue now safetly?

Arjen

So regarding c
athedral of the deep, what's the point of raising those 2 other bridges? You can use one as a shortcut from rosarias fingers, but I don't get what the other 2 do. Feels like the area worked different before and they cut out a bunch of stuff and left those other 2 bridges in

DPB

Another thing that makes me sad as hell for DS3:

No PvE covenant like the Pilgrims of the Dark.

The Way of Blue doesn't do anything other than summon Blue Sentinels/Darkmoon now either. In DS2 you get a few rewards for killing invaders, now you get nothing.

pa22word

Dropped my Lothric Knight Greatsword for the Dragonslayer Spear for PVP and I've been winning every match so far. Paired with Leo Ring + Knight Slayer's Ring + Carthus Milkring + Lightning Clutch and it's such a devastating build (36/36 STR/DEX at the moment at +5). The reach is deceptively good, plus that weapon art is GODLY!

How have you been doing against 2HGSW, pray tell? With my BK GSW build I level the DSS every time I face it. I wonder if it's just people obsessed with Orn or if it's actually a decent weapon.

To be honest, I have a dex build that's about to enter high level play, thus why I wonder :p

MeanArrow

Neo Member
Whats the secret? This stupid covenant doesnt work for me...i just need 1 more dreg! I cant even get those deacons to even drop 1.

SL80 for reference

Weird :/ I'm SL 66 right now, maybe I'm already at the upper level compared to most players? I usually just stand by the bonfire where you get to join the covenant, but even if I'm running through the Archers area on the roofs, it's no problem at all. I cant think of anything specific besides my SL, sry.

Two questions about Greirat and Sirri

1. Sent Greirat out for his second savage but he still isnt back, defeated the
Giant and Dancer
but he still isnt back. Where is his
body
exactly?

2. Completed Sirri's quest all the way, defeated
the real NPC Kindrick or something like that, her grand dad
Is her quest finished now and can I offer the pale tongue now safetly?

1. He's probably in the Irithyl Sewers, where the white/gray spider-like creatures are. The area beneath the room with the Silver/Black Knights.

2. That questline is officially done when you
loot her body
at her grandfathers grave in Firelink Shrine. This requires you to beat a late-game boss though. You can "safely" offer a pale tongue after that.

Dark Souls III Xbox One version

I just started it up for the first time and good lord...the terrible issue from SOTFS is still in? I am talking about the Retrieving of latest calibrations. It's again taking ages, in freaking DS3 too, really From, really?!!!!

And just now after like 5 minutes...it failed...it just failed the calibrations, this shit is just unbelieveable.

With SOTFS you could speed up the process by installing a game/demo and then start the game. Not working for this one though......sigh.

N
ameless King
suuuuucks.

First phase is boring and easy (then every now and then you get blasted with fire and die) which makes practicing phase 2 super tedious.

At least the boss is right next to the bonfire.

Cyborg

1. He's probably in the Irithyl Sewers, where the white/gray spider-like creatures are. The area beneath the room with the Silver/Black Knights.

2. That questline is officially done when you
loot her body
at her grandfathers grave in Firelink Shrine. This requires you to beat a late-game boss though. You can "safely" offer a pale tongue after that.

Which boss is that?

Sarcasm

So regarding c
athedral of the deep, what's the point of raising those 2 other bridges? You can use one as a shortcut from rosarias fingers, but I don't get what the other 2 do. Feels like the area worked different before and they cut out a bunch of stuff and left those other 2 bridges in

My assumption is nothing or dlc.

So regarding c

I used them to trap the giants so I could access the items/paths behind & underneath them. I assumed that was their purpose.

Arjen

Dark Souls III Xbox One version

I just started it up for the first time and good lord...the terrible issue from SOTFS is still in? I am talking about the Retrieving of latest calibrations. It's again taking ages, in freaking DS3 too, really From, really?!!!!

And just now after like 5 minutes...it failed...it just failed the calibrations, this shit is just unbelieveable.

With SOTFS you could speed up the process by installing a game/demo and then start the game. Not working for this one though......sigh.

I have the same issue, what works for me:
Download a game.
Close Darks Souls 3
Sign out and sign back in.
Should work immediately or after one failed attempt.
It's a fucking chore to do, but I've got in working consistsently this way.
If it doesn't work, close the game and try again, sometimes it takes a couple tries.

Dmax3901

Champion Gundyr
can just fuck right off. What a cunt, seriously. Spin kicked me off the edge just as I decided to use an ember to try and beat him.

Cyborg

If you want Greirait to survive the second DO NOT speak to Siegward in the kitchen before Greirat has return from his second trip.

I fcked this section up.

RedSwirl

*sigh* Fuck.

I was able to solo every motherfucker in Dark Souls III.

Except NK.

The dragon isn't even the problem, even with that damn camera. I could stick and move and poke my way through the Pontiff, Armour, L Bros., Champion, you name it, but I just can't do it perfectly for the amount of time NK demands.

That dude is Dark Souls war of attrition boss design taken to its logical conclusion. It's fitting he's the difficulty climax of presumably the final Dark Souls.

Anyway, I'm out. I'll probably grind till I can afford all the good spells, but it'll be on the back-burner till the DLC drops.

I have the same issue, what works for me:
Download a game.
Close Darks Souls 3
Sign out and sign back in.
Should work immediately or after one failed attempt.
It's a fucking chore to do, but I've got in working consistsently this way.
If it doesn't work, close the game and try again, sometimes it takes a couple tries.

It worked for the first time for me now. I started installing Dead Space, started DS3. It failed the calibrations, i chose the option to try again and it worked. This is pretty damn ridiculous though, absolutely ridiculous.

But thanks for the advice, so just to be clear:

I start a download of a game, i close DS3 completely. With sign out you mean competely sign out of XBL? And then i log in, start DS3 again and it should be fine?

I heard PS4 doesn't have this, well damn. So both Scholar and 3 on Xbox One have it, sjeesh.

By the way, coming right from Scholar to this sure takes some getting used to. Not necesarily the faster gameplay, but the framerate. As soon as i started walking from the beginning area i noticed a weird slowdown, as if he was walking in slow motion and all of a sudden it was good again. Is that frame pacing?

Ferr986

If you want Greirait to survive the second DO NOT speak to Siegward in the kitchen before Greirat has return from his second trip.

I fcked this section up.

??
I always talk with Siegward then send Greirat to the 2nd expedition and it works.

The trigger for failing is not entering the dungeon, because then Siegward moves and Greirat is fucked.

Kazuhira

I'm not enjoying marcus's playthrough as much as i thought i would tbh,maybe i prefer when he knows all the details and secrets.
Kinda more interested about Kai's,let's hope she doesn't skip this one too.

Arjen

It worked for the first time for me now. I started installing Dead Space, started DS3. It failed the calibrations, i chose the option to try again and it worked. This is pretty damn ridiculous though, absolutely ridiculous.

But thanks for the advice, so just to be clear:

I start a download of a game, i close DS3 completely. With sign out you mean competely sign out of XBL? And then i log in, start DS3 again and it should be fine?

I heard PS4 doesn't have this, well damn. So both Scholar and 3 on Xbox One have it, sjeesh.

By the way, coming right from Scholar to this sure takes some getting used to. Not necesarily the faster gameplay, but the framerate. As soon as i started walking from the beginning area i noticed a weird slowdown, as if he was walking in slow motion and all of a sudden it was good again. Is that frame pacing?

With sign out I mean, the game prompts you to pick a profile, choose sign out there, and it will prompt you to pick a profile to sign in. Not sure if it does anything but that seems to work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom