• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

x3r0123 said:
5 times in a row?
5 times in the same fight. Not in a combo or anything.

I finally beat her by equipping my drake sword and swinging haphazardly. I ran myself out of flasks but she finally appeared and I took her down with 3 soul spears. (._. )

Ken

FuzzyNorman said:
^^^^
Where do you free Logan?

Sen's Fortress.

8bf6bfb6.png

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Stumbling onto Sif's home with no flasks and little health, shitting your pants, then showing puppy who his master is flawlessly...

...feels good, man. 8]

mudkyp

So I took a few days off and came back to finish up the last fourth of the game. While I understand some of the complaints for the latter half, I've found it pretty fun. However, I have Demon Ruins left and I hear that's the worst offender so I'm reserving final judgement.

Despite how bad the final area is, 60+ hours for a first playthrough that is some of the highest quality gaming around makes for an easy game of year pick.

Ken said:
Sen's Fortress.

8bf6bfb6.png

That picture is awesome, Sunbro helped me out quite a bit :)

As for Logan
- The room that he is in
is locked - I'm not supposed to get a key for this right? I just return after killing Seath and kill him in Seath's first room and then return here for the treasure in Logan's prison cell?

FuzzyNorman said:
^^^^
Where do you free Logan?

You know that sleeping lizard everyone always asks about and tries to talk to? (Just before you step out onto the first ramp with the boulders, you'll see him below you, on your right, leaning on the wall sleeping.

He needs a wake up call.
Preferably the kind that starts and ends with a boulder.

we.are.the.armada said:

As for Logan
- The room that he is in
is locked - I'm not supposed to get a key for this right? I just return after killing Seath and kill him in Seath's first room and then return here for the treasure in Logan's prison cell?

Nah.

You need a key... you get it in the area before you leave the archive to the garden to go out to the crystal caverns.

You go back and unlock him and he'll take up residence in the side room and sell you homing crystal soul mass, crystal soul spear, and something else I'm forgetting. Crystal magic weapon, maybe. Anyway, you buy all his spells, then kill seath... after you do both, he's in seath's tower near naked and killing him gets you his hat and dragon breath. His other stuff is left in a chest where he was sitting.

Ken

we.are.the.armada said:

As for Logan
- The room that he is in

You can unlock his cell with a master key or go down the tower with the merchant and kill the snake magician guarding the key at the bottom.

sixghost

dreamer3kx said:
Only a couple hours in, humanity, should I use these in certain situations or what, not sure what to do there, thanks.
If it's your first playthrough, just save them and use them when you are having trouble on bosses. You can use it to turn human and summon NPCs/Players, or to kindle the bonfire to give you 10 flasks. On subsequent runthroughs when you are more comfortable, you can start to stockpile humanity to increase your drop rate.

Booshka

Finally got my Endurance high enough so I can carry my Black Knight Great Axe and the Full Elite Knight Armor set with <50% equip load. I was using the Lightning Iaito+5 in the meantime, and I like it, but it doesn't match the BK Great Axe. I upgraded the Elite Knight Armor a bunch so now it is on par or better than most of my other gear, is lighter, and I just love the way it looks.

I got invaded and was lucky enough to pull off the two handed R2 attack on the guy, the attack drags the Axe against the ground and then flicks it up very quickly, sends them flying and does nearly 700 damage. Fog ring abusers also get owned by the 1 Handed R1 sweep attack as well, so good.

I'm almost done with NG++, got two titanite slabs, two red titanite slabs, and almost finished with the weapon achievements. Running through Lost Izalith was a lot better this time, I took the advice of just booking it to the bonfire and letting them kill each other off, more fun that way too.

MoxManiac

sixghost said:
If it's your first playthrough, just save them and use them when you are having trouble on bosses. You can use it to turn human and summon NPCs/Players, or to kindle the bonfire to give you 10 flasks. On subsequent runthroughs when you are more comfortable, you can start to stockpile humanity to increase your drop rate.

Nah he doesn;t have to wait until another runthrough, you can farm humanity pretty easily later in the game. I'm running around with 87 humanity items :3

psykomyko

So I am now at the boss fight at Anor Londo
I am guessing it's S&O right?
Heard it was a tough fight, so i'll get back on it later tonight.

But those freaking Silver Knight Archers....Only took me a few tries, but man that was frustrating.

Booshka

UrbanRats said:
Where can i farm Titanite Chunks?
The Darkwraiths in New Londo Ruins drop them, but the rate is pretty low, in the last area of the game, there are Black Knights that have a 100% drop rate on Chunks, regular Titanite, Blue, Red, White, that is the best place to farm, just don't beat the final boss.

UrbanRats

Booshka said:
The Darkwraiths in New Londo Ruins drop them, but the rate is pretty low, in the last area of the game, there are Black Knights that have a 100% drop rate on Chunks, regular Titanite, Blue, Red, White, that is the best place to farm, just don't beat the final boss.
Many thanks to you. :)

Ken

Aeana said:
Crappy character photo time!

I'm curious: is it possible to make it through whole areas, bonfire to bonfire, just using spells? I want to start a sorcerer and put all my points into whatever stat it is that spells scale with (intelligence?)and try to not put too many points towards weapons.

purg3

slept with Malkin
UrbanRats said:
Where can i farm Titanite Chunks?

Pretty sure you can farm the dark knight right in the beginning of Kiln, 100% drop rate. Stock up on homeward bones to make it quicker.

Aeana

Ken said:
I'm curious: is it possible to make it through whole areas, bonfire to bonfire, just using spells? I want to start a sorcerer and put all my points into whatever stat it is that spells scale with (intelligence?)and try to not put too many points towards weapons.
I use spells almost exclusively unless I'm fighting weak stuff like the pink zombie guys. It is very effective. Soul arrow scales very well with intelligence, and once you have more than 30 charges (which you can do pretty much instantly if you visit the blacksmith in New Londo Ruins), you're good to go.

EDIT: Addendum to this: you will want to put some points into attunement, at least 19 to get 5 spell slots.

Dresden

Ken said:
Yeah, I went through pretty much the whole game just blasting. Very rarely will you have to melee.

tokkun

SnakeXs said:
Stumbling onto Sif's home with no flasks and little health, shitting your pants, then showing puppy who his master is flawlessly...

...feels good, man. 8]

How do you stumble on to it? It's a giant glowing door that you can see from halfway across the map.

mudkyp

Aeana said:
I use spells almost exclusively unless I'm fighting weak stuff like the pink zombie guys. It is very effective. Soul arrow scales very well with intelligence, and once you have more than 30 charges (which you can do pretty much instantly if you visit the blacksmith in New Londo Ruins), you're good to go.

Personally for me, Soul Arrow became lacking towards the latter half of the game, but at that point you have Greater Soul Arrow and Homing Soulmass to more than make up for it :D

For me though, I have a Lightning Iaito +5 to compliment my spell slinging because its fun to just to get close and show these monsters what I'm made of.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I've come to the conclusion that pyromancies are amazing against bosses. Ever since I've upgraded my glove to +10 and got the greater combustion and greater fireball spells, the bosses I've fought since then have offered little resistance. Throw in the occasional Iron Flesh, and you are pretty much unstoppable.

Aeana

mudkyp said:
Personally for me, Soul Arrow became lacking towards the latter half of the game, but at that point you have Greater Soul Arrow and Homing Soulmass to more than make up for it :D

For me though, I have a Lightning Iaito +5 to compliment my spell slinging because its fun to just to get close and show these monsters what I'm made of.
Well, yes. It's starting to show a little bit of weakness for me, but now I've got 40 charges of great soul arrow, 10 homing soulmass, and 4 soul spears to back up my 60 charges of soul arrow (recently taken down from 90).

Dresden

purg3 said:
I've come to the conclusion that pyromancies are amazing against bosses. Ever since I've upgraded my glove to +10 and got the greater combustion and greater fireball spells, the bosses I've fought since then have offered little resistance. Throw in the occasional Iron Flesh, and you are pretty much unstoppable.
My sorceror killed
Sif
in two casts yesterday, it was fun. Magic in general is powerful in PVE, as expected.

mudkyp

Aeana said:
Well, yes. It's starting to show a little bit of weakness for me, but now I've got 40 charges of great soul arrow, 10 homing soulmass, and 4 soul spears to back up my 60 charges of soul arrow (recently taken down from 90).

:O at the 90 Soul Arrows. I probably have that many as well but you don't realize it until someone points it out. As a sorcerer I find it personally offensive that they make it so hard to get the
White Dragon's Breath spell
. It solves so many spell targeting issues!

Kalnos

Banned
Uh, I got invaded by someone of a seemingly much higher level in Anor Londo, is there not a level restriction on the Darkmoon covenant?
KuGsj.gif

I'm only level 15. ;/

purg3

slept with Malkin
Dresden said:
My sorceror killed
Sif
in two casts yesterday, it was fun. Magic in general is powerful in PVE, as expected.

Nice, I took out O&S on my second try, without using any melee weapons. Torched their asses, so awesome.

Now I just need to farm souls to get my glove up. Need more damage output lol.

Aeana

mudkyp said:
:O at the 90 Soul Arrows. I probably have that many as well but you don't realize it until someone points it out. As a sorcerer I find it personally offensive that they make it so hard to get the
White Dragon's Breath spell
. It solves so many spell targeting issues!
Hard? How do you get it?

stolin

InternHertz said:
And NG+ done! (107h10m56s)

Now onto NG++ to get the last two boss weapons and HOPEFULLY one Sack, one Symbol of the Covetous (Avarice?) and the Spiked Shield.
One is not that rare but only 2 chances in one run, one is super rare, the other is a 100% drop but the damn phantom keeps rolling to his death and upon reloading his bloodstain with the object clipped through the floor -_-
If someone feels like donating one of those (S.Level 128), send me a PM!

In my NG+ (SL100), I just got the Lordvessel. Everything was pretty smooth until O&S... Big jump in difficulty with my strategies.

Can you explain what "last two boss weapons" and why you need a Sack ? I thought only Sif was needed on NG++ ?

Beside for personal collection why the "Symbol of Avarice" & Spike Shield ? Are those requirements for the Trophy ?

mudkyp

Aeana said:
Hard? How do you get it?

You have to buy every single spell from Logan and then defeat
Seath
and then you have
fight a hollow version of Logan where you first encountered Seath
to get the spell. You also need an Int of 50 to add insult to injury.

Maybe hard is the wrong word. Tedious seems more appropriate :p

Dresden

toasty_T said:
How many points do I need to pump into attunement to get another spell slot?
Attunement Slots
0-9 0
10-11 1
12-13 2
14-15 3
16-18 4
19-22 5
23-27 6
28-33 7
34-40 8
41-49 9
50-99 10

Ken

Does the ninja ring reduce stamina consumption for rolls or does it just make your rolls faster and doesn't change how much stamina it would normally consume?

x3r0123

Ken said:
Does the ninja ring reduce stamina consumption for rolls or does it just make your rolls faster and doesn't change how much stamina it would normally consume?

consumes just as much stamina. However, you will roll alot of faster. Imagine a roll with equip load of <25%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom