• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

edbrat

who have I just pissed off?
beat capra demon, headed down path it opened up just outside fight location, up curved stairs, into tunnel with water flowing, it was behind a grille and it didn't offer me possibility to talk so I swung, and clearly its someone who sells stuff. How bad is this GAF I am a pyro am I boned?

remz

edbrat said:
beat capra demon, headed down path it opened up just outside fight location, up curved stairs, into tunnel with water flowing, it was behind a grille and it didn't offer me possibility to talk so I swung, and clearly its someone who sells stuff. How bad is this GAF I am a pyro am I boned?
he sells poo and poison remedies

Anyone else had this issue? Sometimes when I press block it causes me to do a roll instead. It's not frequent enough to be a major pain but it did cause me to roll off a cliff once. Lol.

Gregorn

I didn't see the problem with Lost Izalith, the dinos died really easily and don't respawn, the stone fire dragons aren't a problem at all and the boss
dies in one hit.
It's also the shortest area in the game...I think.

edbrat

remz said:
he sells poo and poison remedies

so how bad is this on the scale of DS screw ups, relatively minor hopefully please please please let it be not too bad please please!

just as I was feeling cheesy about beating the capra demon as well, brings me crashing back down to earth godamnnit.

cheap boss
bed of chaos is such a cheap boss, even more annoying in NG+. going for the jump and getting knocked off at the last second everytime sucks.

CatPee

edbrat said:
so how bad is this on the scale of DS screw ups, relatively minor hopefully please please please let it be not too bad please please!

just as I was feeling cheesy about beating the capra demon as well, brings me crashing back down to earth godamnnit.

Not too terribly bad. She was basically just a source for expensive-ass curse cures that can be found for half-off from the dude up in the first bell tower and moss, which you can farm in Darkroot Garden.

Xanathus

Dr. Acid Avatar said:
Anyone else had this issue? Sometimes when I press block it causes me to do a roll instead. It's not frequent enough to be a major pain but it did cause me to roll off a cliff once. Lol.
If you hit a button while you're blocking, the moment you stop blocking it will start executing the actions you hit.

Doomshine

Dr. Acid Avatar said:
I don't know about that, but I've had moments when I wanted to swing and it happened like 1-2 seconds after I pressed the button, nearly got me killed a few times.

Aselith

Well, I just went to fight Quelaag on my pyromancer expecting to eat her alive with my spells. I was in for quite the motherfucking shock.

edbrat said:
It's unfortunate as she sells a curse remedy which would make life easier for you if you got cursed in the depths, plus poison/toxic remedies, poison arrows....

Basically, blighttown is going to be much more difficult for you now.

I would recommend farming the trees in darkroot garden to get some purple moss.

NBtoaster

I shouldn't have been surprised that a giant fire spider that spits lava is immune to fire.

Luckily theres an easy black phantom npc in the swamp that can be summoned to take it's focus off pyromancers.

Man

Shuhei Yoshida finished the game. Respect.
He 'delegated' the work lol.

yosp Shuhei Yoshida twitter
finally finished Dark Souls, got 2 people to beat the last boss. I was just watching the battle from a far (so I won't ruin it) :)

Noaloha

I just exited the Painted World back into the relevant room in Anor Londo and.. wow, okay. This should be interesting. Kinda scared to take a single step.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Painted world is also amazing. Incredibly atmospheric.

Now stuck at the infamous Anor Londo archers. Tried running up to one to engage in melee then backing off, but he doesn't fall off, just follows me down, so we end up fighting on the buttress. Killed him, ran up to the top and got shot by the left archer :(

edbrat

DigitalDevil said:
It's unfortunate as she sells a curse remedy which would make life easier for you if you got cursed in the depths, plus poison/toxic remedies, poison arrows....

Basically, blighttown is going to be much more difficult for you now.

I would recommend farming the trees in darkroot garden to get some purple moss.

I really really cannot believe it, having gotten through Demons Souls and this far into Dark Souls without ever aggroing an important NPC and thinking how careless people were who did this, I have now done it TWICE IN ONE FUCKING MORNING!!!!! I found Domhnall of Zena in the Depths, started chatting and somehow, somehow flicked attack so now he's pissed off with me. This is such a nightmare, will have a cup of tea to calm down. So how boned am I now? I am a pyro, level in the mid-20s. I cannot believe it.

anddo0

zeitgeist said:
Has anyone else noticed recent glitchy-freezy issues when playing this game with an enabled online connection?

My game freezes if I am online but it is fine if I play offline.

I feel your pain. I thought it was my connection, guess not. The pauses aren't brief either, they last a good ten seconds.

edbrat said:
I really really cannot believe it, having gotten through Demons Souls and this far into Dark Souls without ever aggroing an important NPC and thinking how careless people were who did this, I have now done it TWICE IN ONE FUCKING MORNING!!!!! I found Domhnall of Zena in the Depths, started chatting and somehow, somehow flicked attack so now he's pissed off with me. This is such a nightmare, will have a cup of tea to calm down. So how boned am I now? I am a pyro, level in the mid-20s. I cannot believe it.

Save up souls and have Oswald of Carim pardon your sins. It is pricey, however. You aren't too fucked, but you won't be able to buy unique boss armor from him unless you get your sins pardoned.

It costs 2000 souls per soul level.

NBtoaster

edbrat said:

You can absolve youself!

Go to the first bell tower, you can pay a guy in there to remove npc agro. Cost depends on your level.

beaten :(

bj00rn_

Banned
Hmm.. Took down the
red dragon on the bridge
with one arrow from a tower behind it.. Didn't expect that.. Got 10,000 souls, but what kind of loot did I miss..?

bj00rn_ said:
Hmm.. Took down the
red dragon on the bridge
with one arrow from a tower behind it.. Didn't expect that.. Got 10,000 souls, but what kind of loot did I miss..?

None granted you picked up the Drake Sword earlier.

evilromero said:
I think I'm ready for Blighttown. I have my Drake Sword +2 and my Knight Shield +5. But that place scares the hell out of me.

Blighttown isn't too difficult. I recommend returning to the Undead Asylum and picking up the Rusty Iron Ring.

Augemitbutter said:
cheap boss
bed of chaos is such a cheap boss, even more annoying in NG+. going for the jump and getting knocked off at the last second everytime sucks.

I agree it is the most sadistically designed boss in the whole game. But felt pretty damn awesome once I owned it.

mrklaw said:
Painted world is also amazing. Incredibly atmospheric.

Now stuck at the infamous Anor Londo archers. Tried running up to one to engage in melee then backing off, but he doesn't fall off, just follows me down, so we end up fighting on the buttress. Killed him, ran up to the top and got shot by the left archer :(

if its any consolation, the bonfire is RIGHT around the corner from there. also, eventually when you get to the other side you can open the left gate so you NEVER have to do that run again. you seem to know what to do tho...go get the right archer, get him to switch to melee, go run and DONT block, go down the bridge....stop and he SHOULD fall off. then just run and dont worry about the left guy.

Kyoufu said:
Yeah, you can get it down to single digits if you really want to.

I kept shooting fire arrows (maybe 20 or so) and every time I did it my framerate would get less and less, until eventually my game just froze. HD fires take no prisoners.

I've just beaten Hydra, where should I go next? I have found entrances to Blight Town and Anor Londo but they looked scary. I haven't been back to the Asylum and have not completed all of Dark Forest because Ents keep raping me.

Finally got through the Great Hollow and reached Lake Ashe. I didn't pick up all the loot in the Great Hollow, but I did get the Cloranthy Ring. Got rid of the Hydra.

edbrat

NBtoaster said:
You can absolve youself!

Go to the first bell tower, you can pay a guy in there to remove npc agro. Cost depends on your level.

beaten :(

thanks for the comments, sooo I am thinking I will keep going for a while and wait till I open up one of the good farming spots before absolving myself
perhaps that locked door next to the hidden bonfire behind a wall you can smash in Darkroot
. So frustrating!

zerokoolpsx said:
Finally got through the Great Hollow and reached Lake Ashe. I didn't pick up all the loot in the Great Hollow, but I did get the Cloranthy Ring. Got rid of the Hydra.

did you take out the gold crystal golem and meet the sorceress? she has some interesting spells..

GeekyDad

I keep having D&D flashbacks while playing this game. For some reason, the way they designed the world and the monsters, the game just has that "play your own way" feel to it the way D&D did back in the 70s. Been a veeeeeeeery long time since an RPG has had this sort of vibe for me. The whole covenant, sin thing too is very reminiscent of that whole world. Even though the co-op is mechanically the same as Demon's Souls, the subtle changes have really toned down the Rambo-phantom activity. What a great way to follow up Demon's Souls. It has its frustrations for sure, but with all the creative juice poured into this thing, it's easy to overlook its flaws.

Anilusion

Just killed Quelaag
and rang the second bell. I kept running down the path and there was a guy asking if I was a new servant or something. I said no and he wouldn't let me pass so I killed him.
Does this matter at all?

Doc Evils

Augemitbutter said:
cheap boss

Finished him today too. pretty easy once you figure out how to kill it.

Anilusion said:
Just killed Quelaag
and rang the second bell. I kept running down the path and there was a guy asking if I was a new servant or something. I said no and he wouldn't let me pass so I killed him.
Does this matter at all?
Can you still talk to the "thing" on the wall?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Backfoggen said:
What the fuck kinda boss name is "Ceaseless Discharge", lmao.

Not as good a name as Demonic Foliage, but then again I think Demonic Foliage may be my favourite monster name ever :D

Trevelyon

Nooooo! Fuck, I messed up
Siegmeyer's quest line
guess I didn't save him with enough health left because he croaked, how will I face
Sieglinde
now? Does she disappear from the game entirely, or will she eternally wander this lonely world for her dear ol'
Dad
?

This is terribly depressing. May we meet again.... my friend... one day..... in NG+.... I won't fail you again.

447px-Manlytears3_copy.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom