• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost23

Without knowing, I've said no to a lot of the covenants that have talked to me. Is it not possible to join them after I said no?

Labadal

Few questions:

Killed the guy that gives you Estus Flasks. Will this bite me in the *** later in the game?

I'm a Pyromancer, is there a way to get 16 fireballs?

I'm using a Longsword and plan on upgrading it. Can I rely on a Longsword for the entire game?

I reached what I think is the first blacksmith in the game. Where should I go from there? Darkroot Gardens?

Thanks in advance!

Yo Gotti

Banned
Labadal said:
Few questions:

Killed the guy that gives you Estus Flasks. Will this bite me in the *** later in the game?

I'm a Pyromancer, is there a way to get 16 fireballs?

I'm using a Longsword and plan on upgrading it. Can I rely on a Longsword for the entire game?

I reached what I think is the first blacksmith in the game. Where should I go from there? Darkroot Gardens?

Thanks in advance!

1. No.

2. Yes, you'll have to buy the spell from a second pyromancy vendor.

3. You could, but you probably won't want to once you find better weapons. Longsword is a very solid weapon choice though.

4. Exploring Darkroot would be very worthwhile, I'd make sure to run through that place a few times before continuing with the story, it'll make progressing a lot easier.

Platinum trophy GET!

Took 110h32m24s to get it.

Really glad to have it, but very sad I still didn't get a Sack, a Symbol of Avarice/the Covetous nor the Spiked Shield :(

pottuvoi

Banned
lawblob said:
This library level is BULLSHIT. There are a million dudes to kill!!!!
Indeed, currently trying to get trough it as well.
Happily discovered that the
Channelers can be easily poisoned
so it helps a little..

Labadal

Yo Gotti said:
1. No.

2. Yes, you'll have to buy the spell from a second pyromancy vendor.

3. You could, but you probably won't want to once you find better weapons. Longsword is a very solid weapon choice though.

4. Exploring Darkroot would be very worthwhile, I'd make sure to run through that place a few times before continuing with the story, it'll make progressing a lot easier.

Thanks!

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Ken said:
I looked in the book of sinners and found some obvious hackers so he might have been one.

8ad18ece.jpg

That is so cheap... can't believe they didn t protect against this lameness!

Currently in the Duke's Archives, need some guidance:

Escaped the tower, freed Big Hat and got to the second bonfire on the terrace. Where am I supposed to go? I think I've explored every floor by rotating the stairs. Big Hat mentioned destroying Seath's crystal in a forest. Am I supposed to leave this area and go somewhere else? Thanks.

Jesus the catacombs. I can't tell if I'm supposed to be here or not. I've got a SL of about 50 from helping people beat Quelaag a ton and I have a Divine Zweihander, so the boss dropped in 3 hits. Problem is, I beat him and kept going hoping to find a shortcut or a bonfire or something. Instead I found
my least favorite NPC from Demon's Souls and that one lady (Rhea maybe?)

Problem was I accidentally hit her (story of this game good lord) while I was attacking those two hollows. At my soul level, is the catacombs a reliable place to jolly cooperate? I think I'm too high of a level for Quelaag now, but I need to pay for absolution since I'm rolling a faith build.

Tips to getting over 100k souls for absolution?

test_account

XP-39C²
If you're in human form and quit back to menu (or just quit directly from the XMB), will you lose your human form the next time you start the game then?

Okay so I was pretty tired last night, and I didn't actually mean to finish the game. Now I'm in NG+, which is cool and all, but I assume that in order to finish the weapon trophies I'm going to have to actually go and get ALL the embers again? I had a big stockpile of souls and ores to just go churn through the achievements... :(

Also, question about the Chaos Covenant:
do I have to follow Soliares actions and summon him for each boss in "order", to save him at the shortcut? Or is it enough to race there as soon as I have the Lord Vessel and kill the maggots?

Yo Gotti

Banned
PeterVenkman said:
Jesus the catacombs. I can't tell if I'm supposed to be here or not. I've got a SL of about 50 from helping people beat Quelaag a ton and I have a Divine Zweihander, so the boss dropped in 3 hits. Problem is, I beat him and kept going hoping to find a shortcut or a bonfire or something. Instead I found

Problem was I accidentally hit her (story of this game good lord) while I was attacking those two hollows. At my soul level, is the catacombs a reliable place to jolly cooperate? I think I'm too high of a level for Quelaag now, but I need to pay for absolution since I'm rolling a faith build.

You've left the catacombs and are now in the Tomb of the Giants. Run away, now.

PeterVenkman said:

Just do like 5-7 forest runs it should take under 15 minutes.

So many NPC aggro stories! Are you guys this twitchy in real life? "Yeah just the chips and I'll take a pack of Malbor--POW!! Oh my god! I'm so sorry, I don't know why I just did that, sorry sorry oh god!" ;)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Infinite_Daremo said:
I get invaded constantly and get one shotted nowdays. Its obvious theyre cheaters too. Online is fooked.

I'm only playing offline... pvp was exploitable by cheesers even before they became outright cheaters. But as any competitive game will always demonstrate: if a cheater can, they will.

Wastes of oxygen. You have to assume someone who gets their kicks from something like that is either a child or a miserable sack of shit irl.

Insaniac

Sir Garbageman said:
Currently in the Duke's Archives, need some guidance:

Escaped the tower, freed Big Hat and got to the second bonfire on the terrace. Where am I supposed to go? I think I've explored every floor by rotating the stairs. Big Hat mentioned destroying Seath's crystal in a forest. Am I supposed to leave this area and go somewhere else? Thanks.

there's a room at the bottom of a ladder where there were several chests, in there is a lever to lower some hidden stairs. go there

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I may be playing this game wrong =(. Warrior... Long Sword and shield... Get creamed every few seconds. Just passed by the dragon in a bridge and got to the original bonfire. If I go up a tower there's a Knight there that just shits over me, and on the other side there's a boar that well.. also shits over me. FML.

Oracle Dragon said:
Just do like 5-7 forest runs it should take under 15 minutes.

So many NPC aggro stories! Are you guys this twitchy in real life? "Yeah just the chips and I'll take a pack of Malbor--POW!! Oh my god! I'm so sorry, I don't know why I just did that, sorry sorry oh god!" ;)

It isn't even the bad reflexes, I talked to her and went to go protect her from those two hollows. I had this brilliant idea to cast firestorm or whatever that big AoE pyromancy skill is and lo and behold who got roasted?

I'll go open up that forest door though thanks for the advice.

Sir Garbageman said:
Behind the 20K door in the forest. Enemies are easy even if you dont abuse the AI pathfinding. You can wrack up 7K every 2 minutes right by a bonfire.

Forest seems to be the consensus thanks.

Yo Gotti said:
You've left the catacombs and are now in the Tomb of the Giants. Run away, now.

I have made a huge mistake.

Relix said:
I may be playing this game wrong =(. Warrior... Long Sword and shield... Get creamed every few seconds. Just passed by the dragon in a bridge and got to the original bonfire. If I go up a tower there's a Knight there that just shits over me, and on the other side there's a boar that well.. also shits over me. FML.

make the boar run into the fires for a pretty easy kill but before that lure anyone you can 1 by 1 and take them out. Including the archers so you can move around freely. you will pick up a knight shield soon that will make things a bit easier for that area.

Dever

Banned
Just killed Nito without any Estus flasks. I used Humanities to heal, so the fight was got more and more intense every time I healed because the stakes were higher. Felt pretty boss

Relix said:

They are basically mini-bosses.
You can kill the bore by the stairs by attacking it when it starts to leave or you can make it run into a fire between you & it & it will die eventually.

V_Arnold

Alright...what to do with the Lordvessel? And where? I cant seem to be able to use it anywhere. I do not know how to reach the Duke's Archives, cleared Catacombs, only remaining area that I have not visited is Drake's Valley's sides and New Londo Ruins.

Help! :(

Defuser

Man,Dark Gwynodolin is such a bitch but his moves are predictable and took him down. Now I'm just clearing up some of my sidequests and some weapons before I go to NG+.

FuzzyNorman said:
Without knowing, I've said no to a lot of the covenants that have talked to me. Is it not possible to join them after I said no?

I want to know too.
Just joined the first covenant, the one with the guy that sells miracles.
When the next covenant comes up, if I join it, will I be automatically kicked out of the original one?

Is there a safe & guaranteed way to join every covenant in the game without reprisal from among the other covenants?

Defuser

V_Arnold said:
Alright...what to do with the Lordvessel? And where? I cant seem to be able to use it anywhere. I do not know how to reach the Duke's Archives, cleared Catacombs, only remaining area that I have not visited is Drake's Valley's sides and New Londo Ruins.

Help! :(
Talk to Framp which he will bring you to the firelink altar which you will place it and unlock some areas. Duke archives is in anor londo. Tomb of Giants is after Catacombs, Demon ruins and Izalith is after Quelagg's domain and of course new Londo ruins.

V_Arnold

Defuser said:
Talk to Framp which he will bring you to the firelink altar which you will place it and unlock some areas. Duke archives is in anor londo. Tomb of Giants is after Catacombs, Demon ruins and Izalith is after Quelagg's domain and of course new Londo ruins.

Hm..but Framp is asleep! :(

Raxus

See You Next Wednesday said:
I want to know too.
Just joined the first covenant, the one with the guy that sells miracles.
When the next covenant comes up, if I join it, will I be automatically kicked out of the original one?

Is there a safe & guaranteed way to join every covenant in the game without reprisal from among the other covenants?
Yes you can join other covenants and as far as I know you won't be penalized. Just remember if you ever 'sin' to a covenant you can always go to the first bell tower and talk to the guy there to clear your name (warning, it is fairly expensive).

test_account

XP-39C²
See You Next Wednesday said:
Nope. You're fine.
Thanks! :) I think that i have to use this "trick" then. I'm at the first boss in
Anor Londo, and i noticed that it will be a lot more easy to beat the first boss (or bosses, since it is two) if i summon that sun knight, since then one of the bosses will consentrate on him instead of on me.
I still havnt made it though, and i'm running low on humanity, but if i can just quit before i die, at least i get to try many times without wasting humanity =)

Also, any tip on what weapon that works great with high Intelligence? My Soul Arrows work good enough so far, but i'm wondering if maybe a hand weapon might be great as well.

Dorrin

Had my first PvP and Coop experience.

I decided to keep going with my pyro rather then my sorc, both were SL 23. I made it into the sewers, fell into a hole full of giant frogs, that was nerve racking but I made it through without getting cursed. I picked up a nice Ring of the Evil Eye down there, was making my way back to light the bonfire there when I was invaded. Turned out he wasn't some twinked PvP guy so match was even, I was able to get off a backstab and followed up with a combustion for the win.

I then took on the
Gaping Dragon
and was able to summon in two people to help me, went well. I guess I'm on to Blight Town now.

hteng

Banned
Dorrin said:
Had my first PvP and Coop experience.

I decided to keep going with my pyro rather then my sorc, both were SL 23. I made it into the sewers, fell into a hole full of giant frogs, that was nerve racking but I made it through without getting cursed. I picked up a nice Ring of the Evil Eye down there, was making my way back to light the bonfire there when I was invaded. Turned out he wasn't some twinked PvP guy so match was even, I was able to get off a backstab and followed up with a combustion for the win.

I then took on the
Gaping Dragon
and was able to summon in two people to help me, went well. I guess I'm on to Blight Town now.

that's an NPC that invaded you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom