• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
johntown said:
Divine is the only way to get rid of them all. If you stay in the little area you first fall down and wait for Nito you will never have to fight the big ones. Once he passes you head to the left.

Hot...I was thinking about that on my drive into work today and wondering if I could just sit at the entry zone and fight him there.

Thanks for the advice man. :)

Booshka

Septimius said:
I am soo sad :<
I wish I knew about this before I beat Ornstein and Smough. I would've beat Ornstein last to get his armor. Smough's body and helmet with the antiquated skirt and some gloves make up the best armor under 50% weight I can wear, but I look SOOOO UUUUGLYYYY

Seen how Twinkling Tatinite can't be farmed other than from lizards, and the counter goes up in NG+, I will wait with farming them, meaning I'll have to endure looking like a proper dunce. Gah :(
You can exploit the Snuggly trade for Twinkling titanite if you want.

BomberMouse said:
Lots of work + Blightown = I haven't touched this game in weeks.

Last time I played I beat
Queelag
, is the only way back to climb? the water wheel thing is useless? I remember getting some items but nothing more, I don't have the Master Key.

Repost for new page.

johntown

Banned
bigdaddygamebot said:
Hot...I was thinking about that on my drive into work today and wondering if I could just sit at the entry zone and fight him there.

Thanks for the advice man. :)
Be careful of his blade in the ground attack though. When I did that he did that attack several times before he made it to me.

BomberMouse said:
Repost for new page.

You have to climb up PAST the water wheel.

ProTip - climb any ladder that has torches attached to it.

johntown said:
Be careful of his blade in the ground attack though. When I did that he did that attack several times before he made it to me.

Yeah... : / He damn near spams it sometimes.

I noticed he lets out a shriek though before he does it. He's killed me so many times with it now, I have the timing down and can just roll away from it, although sprinting is less risky.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
BomberMouse said:
Lots of work + Blightown = I haven't touched this game in weeks.

Last time I played I beat
Queelag
, is the only way back to climb? the water wheel thing is useless? I remember getting some items but nothing more, I don't have the Master Key.

You don't need the Master Key to get out of Blighttown by way of the waterwheel, only to get in.
Ride the waterwheel up and climb the ladders. On either the penultimate or final platform there will be a key that opens the door to Valley of Drakes. Head through the tunnel, unlock the door, cross the small bridge and head up to New Londo. It's the fastest way out.

Macattk15

My god. I just 60k souls and 67 humanity in the Depths on NG+ because some amp'ed up by the Chaneller rat hit me from behind as I was trying to get to my corpse.

Feels bad.

Macattk15 said:
My god. I just 60k souls and 67 humanity in the Depths on NG+ because some amp'ed up by the Chaneller rat hit me from behind as I was trying to get to my corpse.

Feels bad.

You accidentally'd 60K souls and 67 humanity!

I haven't hit NG+ yet...but farming that much stuff on NG+ shouldn't be that hard...should it?

johntown

Banned
Macattk15 said:

Feels bad.
The souls aren't the big deal but I feel you on the humanity.

johntown said:
The souls aren't the big deal but I feel you on the humanity.

I read somewhere that after 30 humanity there's no reason to have more than that as your item finding rate doesn't improve.

is it the same for chaos weapons and chaos pyromancies?

I've been restricting myself at 30 humanity while holding onto around 50 of the sprites in my inventory and farming more when I drop below 40.

Is there reason to have a humanity score greater than 30?

Booshka

bigdaddygamebot said:
I read somewhere that after 30 humanity there's no reason to have more than that as your item finding rate doesn't improve.

I've been restricting myself at 30 humanity while holding onto around 50 of the sprites in my inventory and farming more when I drop below 40.

I was told that Chaos damage bonus stops at 10 Humanity

MoxManiac

bigdaddygamebot said:

Chaos caps at 10. No reason that I can think of to have more than 30.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Finally unlocked the gates to Blighttown :)

At this point in the game, is there/are there any unique/cool weapons or items I should have? I think I'm rocking standard fair, drake sword, boar helm, knight armor, grass shield, pyro glove +1 and regular ol' fireball.

As far as rings, all I have is the vampire one and Havel's ring. Which is awesome.

scy

bigdaddygamebot said:

Just to note, the Chaos Pyromanices don't scale with Humanity at all.

Booshka

John Harker said:

At this point in the game, is there/are there any unique/cool weapons or items I should have? I think I'm rocking standard fair, drake sword, boar helm, knight armor, grass shield, pyro glove +1 and regular ol' fireball.

As far as rings, all I have is the vampire one and Havel's ring. Which is awesome.
There is an Iaito at the start of Blighttown that is awesome as a Lightning Katana.

John Harker said:

Go through the door where you fought Havel, and
kill that Hydra. Go back to your bonfire, then go back to where it was. Waaay in the back of the lake on the left is a special golem. Kill it to meet a secret NPC who will sell you some very useful spells (she relocates to the beach; make sure the golems are dead before you summon her) and give you a catalyst. You can also return to where you rescued her to get an armor set with by far the best legging you'll have by this point.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I just discovered the most confusing bloodstain I have ever seen. In
the Painted World
right at the spawn point was a bloodstain. Upon touching it the phantom appeared, stood perfectly still for several seconds, then suddenly teleported through the bridge to his death.

As someone who enjoys working in the medium of bizarre bloodstains, I must tip my hat to this maestro of the form. I must also find out how they did it.

johntown

Banned
bigdaddygamebot said:

Yeah the reason I said that was generally humanity is harder to come by the souls. He will be able to get the souls back quick in NG+ but the humanity will take a little longer.

scy

bigdaddygamebot said:
One says it does in the description.

"Chaos Storm" or whatever...it's the one you get for hitting rank 2 in the chaos covenant

And it doesn't scale. None of them do, despite what they say.

Dresden

Avelyn is a hoot to use. Lightning is probably the best option but I had red slabs lying around unused, so +10 fire it was!

Too bad that bolts are so expensive. :(

4 kings are down. Just used iron flesh, 2 handed my weapon and threw a couple of crystal shields at him. now off to Dukes archive. 50 hours in and the end is in sight....

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Thagomizer said:
Go through the door where you fought Havel, and
kill that Hydra. Go back to your bonfire, then go back to where it was. Waaay in the back of the lake on the left is a special golem. Kill it to meet a secret NPC who will sell you some very useful spells (she relocates to the beach; make sure the golems are dead before you summon her) and give you a catalyst. You can also return to where you rescued her to get an armor set with by far the best legging you'll have by this point.

Ohh that sounds like fun. Tricks to beat the hydra? I'm only SL 21. I tried that area briefly but two water blasts and i'm a goner...

sixghost

deathkiller said:
I got one on one run toward trying to kill the 4 Kings. I remember reading something about they only dropping if you haven't killed the 4 Kings thought.
I can confirm 100% that this is wrong. I went back to New Londo to find the Very Large Ember that I missed a while after killing the 4 Kings, and got a Slab off a Dark Wraith.

scy

John Harker said:
Ohh that sounds like fun. Tricks to beat the hydra? I'm only SL 21. I tried that area briefly but two water blasts and i'm a goner...

Get closer. Much closer. Once you're around the shoreline, it switches to lunging at you. Just block it and then chop off their heads. Do watch your step though; the shore goes out for a bit but the immediate area around the Hydra is a fatal fall.

Dresden said:
Avelyn is a hoot to use. Lightning is probably the best option but I had red slabs lying around unused, so +10 fire it was!

Too bad that bolts are so expensive. :(

I suck so much at the drop to get that :/ Had to resort to being lame and save/quitting it.

Dresden

scy said:
I suck so much at the drop to get that :/ Had to resort to being lame and save/quitting it.
Died like twice so I youtube'd it, and it turned out that all you had to do is just jog for the drop as soon as you turn the wheel without stopping, lol.

John Harker said:

Get as close to it as you can without falling off the underwater cliff. It'll stop doing the water cannon and try to bite you, but this is easily blocked and does very little damage even if it hits. Just wait for it to lunge, give a head a whack, repeat. Also, make sure you go after the same head each time; do enough damage to it and you'll cut it off.

johntown

Banned
sleepykyo said:
Pyromancy is still the only magic that doesn't require intelligence or faith. Hugs Iron Flesh.
That may be but because of that PVP can be hugely unbalanced by someone who only upgrades their Pyromancy but not their SL.

scy

Dresden said:
Died like twice so I youtube'd it, and it turned out that all you had to do is just jog for the drop as soon as you turn the wheel without stopping, lol.

You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

Air Zombie Meat said:
Re the hydra: I'd also recommend bringing a bow and some arrows just for the last couple of heads. They can end up in some tricky positions to hit.

One one of my attempts, The last one was the head that comes in sideways and ends up just at the edge of the cliff. I blocked, ran up to do some stabbin', and walked right off the cliff to my death. Was not my proudest moment.

x3r0123

Urban Scholar said:
Antiquated skirt is so badass man. Yeah, you read that and I stand behind this statement.

yeah if you max it, you get 99 curse resist
painted guardian's leggings are another thing though. Those gives 259 poison resistance when maxed

Urban Scholar said:
Antiquated skirt is so badass man. Yeah, you read that and I stand behind this statement.

I wonder if they intentionally set it up so that one of the best leg pieces look so ridiculous when paired with other armor.

My guy is rockin' Hard Leather Armor, Elite Knight's helm, leather gloves... and a white wedding dress.
Kinda ruins the whole image, really.

scy

Once I found the Antiquated Skirt and the stats on it, I've yet to not make a female character.

Even if I never actually see her face paired with the dress :/

Speevy

Banned
It would be cool if From would periodically update the game so that enemies randomly drop new weapons and armor.

Like "new" in the sense that they would create it for the game, free of charge and let players discover it.

Dresden

Urban Scholar said:
Have you seen those stats?!
It looks so dumb though, my characters can't wear it despite the godly stats. :lol

I just rock Logan's gear on my sorceror now, Sage Robe +5, Big Hat +5 (thank you based glitch), Logan's Catalyst. The skirt doesn't look too bad under the robe, actually, but I still prefer having Black Leather Boots instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom