• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septimius

mrklaw said:
Boss was tough, had to whittle her down. Any idea why there is a bonfire just behind her lair? Doesn't seem necessary as there is one just a little further on in Demons Ruins

The bonfire next to her is a firekeeper bonfire. Besides, it's behind a hidden wall and an NPC that only allows you in if you say yes to becoming a servant, so I can totally see the necessity of the second bonfire.

2AdEPT

NervousXtian said:
Your PS360 has gone sentient. I'd destroy it before something worse happens.

Droll man .......very very droll. LMAO It was my first invasion as well and I was totally sure I could beat him......but i was in the process of changing gear and all that poison gear was not what I was used to carrying to a fight...I got chased the wrong way as i lost my mind and thought maybethe poison would get him.......got too close to the giant rocks................. boom. fell off a ledge on my way to get my souls and 4 humanity. puzzled why I couldn't look the guy up to message that I would be coming to get my revenge!

Got revenge the next time when I realized it was just a computer and helped me with queelag.....good ole from.......crazy as normal............all good.

hteng

Banned
Septimius said:
The bonfire next to her is a firekeeper bonfire. Besides, it's behind a hidden wall and an NPC that only allows you in if you say yes to becoming a servant, so I can totally see the necessity of the second bonfire.

you can say yes to the chaos daugther (egg burden) but that won't enlist you into the covenant, it will allow you access to the bonfire.

you can only enter the chaos covenant after talkin to the fire keeper.

keeblerdrow said:
OH MY GOD CAPRA DEMON'S DIFFICULTY IS ENTIRELY DEPENDENT ON WHAT TYPE OF WEAPONS YOU'RE USING.

Using dex based weapons like spears and rapiers and scimitars? It took me 40+ tries to get past the dogs and take him down properly. This character with it's Zweihander+5? First try. And it was easy enough that halfway through the fight I decided I'd try to take his tail off... and I accidently killed him trying to do that.

I can't wait to see how cockblocky or easy he is vs. a caster.
I had quite a different experience, I'm a halberd user and took care of the Capra Demon after just a couple tries. Dogs were easy enough: one hit kill. The Capra was block-hit-block-hit-slam-roll-hit-block-hit-etc.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Anyone find that Seath's theme matches his personality pretty god damn good? An amazingly smart person that WENT FUCKING INSANE over time? Theme really gives that feeling.

Also he sure likes making things, to bad his sorry ass could never make any scales xD

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Painted World Of Ariamis is my new favourite area.

Its like Demon's Souls redux, lots of bits of everything and even good old phalanx puts in an appearance albeit in a different and somewhat cooler form.

Its a perfect DS "level" imho.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Loooving Anor Londo. Plan was just to just look until I hit a roadblock and then head back to the Depths to farm humanity, but I'm just exploring the crap out of this place.

Zzoram

Um wtf. Is Tomb of the Giants a dead end? I found a Large Divine Ember, and some NPCs to interact with, but I can't find anywhere else to go now.

Baha

Finally finished farming those damn crows in the Painted World for souvenirs of respite. By the end of farming/co-op I left that place with 1.2 mil souls. Went from SL 73 to 99 and bought several miracles & pyromancy spells I was missing. I still have to farm red, white & blue chunks for weapon trophies, not to mention get all remaining available rare weapons before I can move onto NG+.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Baha said:
Finally finished farming those damn crows in the Painted World for souvenirs of respite. By the end of farming/co-op I left that place with 1.2 mil souls. Went from SL 73 to 99 and bought several miracles & pyromancy spells I was missing. I still have to farm red, white & blue chunks for weapon trophies, not to mention get all remaining available rare weapons before I can move onto NG+.
wait they drop those? whats the drop rate?

Amazon delivered. Dead sexy, and $13.

AcFdh8BCQAE6oxA.jpg

Pancho

Qurupancho
I feel like such a bad ass now
UtV0e.jpg

Thought that the bleed side effect would ruin the weapon but when you down most things with one or two shots is a non issue.

K' Dash

I'm hating the Painted World so much, how come the most basic undead in the game take a huge chunk of stamina when I cover and take 3 fucking blows from my Iaito +10?

And don't get me started with those fucking things that cause you toxic if they die near you, or those disgusting crow-man like shit.

ugh... I think I'm done for tonight

1stStrike

Banned
Man, I wish I had a dex char. Priscilla's Dagger scales A with dex, does bleeding damage, and has the best move set in the game IMO.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Zeliard said:
Is that the Lifehunt Scythe? I think it has the highest bleeding effect in the game, outside of maybe Priscilla's Dagger.
Yeah, it has 50 bleeding effect on you with each hit but I've ramped up my bleeding resistance and so far I've had no problems with the bleeding effect. I just got bored with the Iaito (used an uchi throughout most of Demon's Souls) so I wanted something different.

1stStrike said:
Man, I wish I had a dex char. Priscilla's Dagger scales A with dex, does bleeding damage, and has the best move set in the game IMO.
While trying to cut off her tail I killed her accidentally :(
I really wanted that dagger.

Zeliard

K' Dash said:
I'm hating the Painted World so much, how come the most basic undead in the game take a huge chunk of stamina when I cover and take 3 fucking blows from my Iaito +10?

And don't get me started with those fucking things that cause you toxic if they die near you, or those disgusting crow-man like shit.

You're upset that you're not one-shotting everything anymore?

Pancho

Qurupancho
K' Dash said:

I know the feeling, it happened to me too. I was kicking ass for a while in the game then the painted world gave me a reality check that I was still playing Dark Souls. Humbling experience.

Ken

Pancho said:
I feel like such a bad ass now
http://i.imgur.com/UtV0e.jpg[mg]
Thought that the bleed side effect would ruin the weapon but when you down most things with one or two shots is a non issue.[/QUOTE]

How do you get her armor?

Crap. I just got to the blacksmith in Undead Burg and was really excited. Got up to get a drink and set the controller down, only to strike him. Now he hates me. Realized it would cost me 44,000 souls to pay my way for him to calm down. Guess I am starting over again.

Oh well, I just found out about the Drake Sword today, so getting back should be a bit easier.

Pancho

Qurupancho
Ken said:
How do you get her armor?

Spoilers:
Get the Dark Moon Sceance ring from the catacombs, then go to anor londo to the bonfire that's a floor below to the entrance to where you can enter the painted world. When you get to the bonfire put the ring on and the huge statue should dissapear. You have to enter the fog wall ahead (it breaks the Darkmoon covenant) kill the boss inside and the armor should be in a chest in the room that you enter after you defeat the boss.

Thanks to whoever told me how to do it, wish I remembered who it was.

K' Dash

Zeliard said:
You're upset that you're not one-shotting everything anymore?

lol, it's been a while since I one shotted anything in this game, I just don't understand why they put the most basic enemy, just so much fucking stronger, and those thing that cause toxic? I just run to the bonfire to start all over FUCKING AGAIN.

Toxic is just a death sentence if you don't have the blooming purple moss...

Pancho said:
I know the feeling, it happened to me too. I was kicking ass for a while in the game then the painted world gave me a reality check that I was still playing Dark Souls. Humbling experience.

Meh, I'll turn human tomorrow and summon a phantom I don't have time for this bullshit, not even blighttown made me rage quit the game, lol.

Toth

Okay..ending spoilers...

I lit the flame and the area exploded around me in flames, taking me with it. Did I still save the world o_O

Zeliard

K' Dash said:
lol, it's been a while since I one shotted anything in this game, I just don't understand why they put the most basic enemy, just so much fucking stronger, and those thing that cause toxic? I just run to the bonfire to start all over FUCKING AGAIN.

Toxic is just a death sentence if you don't have the blooming purple moss...

Just go up and whack the toxic guys a couple times, which should take off nearly all their health, then finish them from afar with a bow or knife. You can also just kill them normally in melee and you should be able to roll away before the toxic explosion gets you if you're under 50%. I was also using an Iaito +10 at the time.

They changed things up a bit in that level and I appreciated that. In most cases fighting enemies in melee is a similar experience, but with the toxic guys you have to change things up slightly. Also basic enemies being stronger is just a preview of what it'll be like in NG+. :>

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian said:
Loooving Anor Londo. Plan was just to just look until I hit a roadblock and then head back to the Depths to farm humanity, but I'm just exploring the crap out of this place.
Just got to the "disaster archers" I've heard so much about. They were not prepared for my agility. Took two tries and cemented this as my favorite area in the game so far. Aw Yoshi. ;)

Johnas

Augemitbutter said:
one of the best zones in the entire game.

Totally agreed. Such great level design.

There are still parts of it I haven't explored, namely the very bottom. I'll come back later though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Johnas said:
Totally agreed. Such great level design.

There are still parts of it I haven't explored, namely the very bottom. I'll come back later though.
Indeed, I blaaazed through Sen's but I only spent a little while at the bottom with all those Titanite Demons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom