• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinchy

Banned
Anor is gorgeous. I summoned someone just to go through the level with, and we ended up beating the boss.

For dex-build/thieves who mainly use a dagger, what other weapons do you have upgraded? I don't really want to turn my bandit's knife into a lightning knife since the patch is hopefully going to scale regular weapons better, but even at +10 it can be a very difficult weapon to use against big enemies and bosses. Any recommendations? I have a shit load of other weapons I could upgrade, including a painting guardian sword which I've already got up to +7 (It has an A for dex scaling). I might make a furysword out of the shotel. I kinda have my eye on the uchigatana too.

QisTopTier said:
If you think it's unplayable you are just using it for an excuse. I've RAN through the zone, and I've done the zone the normal way. Take your time and just go slow til you learn the lay out.

oh ok yeah right, i'm using my dizzy/nauseous feeling as an excuse. ok yeah i am, i really wanna feel sick, but the game is just too hard to let me. good call!

Grinchy

Banned
tetrisgrammaton said:
oh ok yeah right, i'm using my dizzy/nauseous feeling as an excuse. ok yeah i am, i really wanna feel sick, but the game is just too hard to let me. good call!
haha yeah dude the framerate really takes a shit on everyone's chest there but I didn't think it was that horrible. The first room in the Depths was actually unplayable(before killing certain mobs), and I had read enough bad comments about Blighttown that I was just ready for it I guess. It's a really cool area if you can get past the spots where the framerate dies.

Grinchy said:
haha yeah dude the framerate really takes a shit on everyone's chest there but I didn't think it was that horrible. The first room in the Depths was actually unplayable(before killing certain mobs), and I had read enough bad comments about Blighttown that I was just ready for it I guess. It's a really cool area if you can get past the spots where the framerate dies.

they should have fixed that, along with the 100 other little errors, before shoving this game out the door

krakov

I played pretty much the entire game with the fat roll, it was a lot of fun and quite challenging, at least in the early areas. Rerolled a lighter character now and will probably stay at SL 50-ish for the rest of the game unless I run into a brick wall somewhere. Spending a lot of time as a white phantom and SL 50 let's me help out with a bunch of different bosses. It would be awesome if there was a ring or similar item for white phantoms and an item that could request them, waiting is the only negative.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
tetrisgrammaton said:
Blink? o.o don't stare at it to hard o.o shitty frame rate annoys me too, but I've learned to cope with it from various things over time.

Bad7667

Had my first red phantom come into my game tonight. I killed him. It was so awesome fighting another player. I played Demon souls late so whenever a pvp happened I was dead right away. I didn't think it was going to be possible for a game to compete with portal 2 for my Goty, but man this game is pretty damn close. Love this game.

Quick question, when I kill a red phantom and I get souls, are those from the player?

Xanathus

Bad7667 said:
Had my first red phantom come into my game tonight. I killed him. It was so awesome fighting another player. I played Demon souls late so whenever a pvp happened I was dead right away. I didn't think it was going to be possible for a game to compete with portal 2 for my Goty, but man this game is pretty damn close. Love this game.

Quick question, when I kill a red phantom and I get souls, are those from the player?
Yeah those are from the player, but he doesn't actually lose anything. He just has to run to the spot where he used his invading stone and collect them back from a bloodstain there.

Bad7667

Xanathus said:
Yeah those are from the player, but he doesn't actually lose anything. He just has to run to the spot where he used his invading stone and collect them back from a bloodstain there.
Ok, thanks.

This game is so fucking cheap. I'm stuck in the swamp in Blighttown with all my best weapons broken. Now I need to go back somehow to the weaponsmith in Undead Burg, but it's fucking impossible with all the poison and all those flies... How I HATE those flies. Blighttown would be easy without them. Where to they fucking come from by the way? Atleast give me some souls when I kill them!

Anyway... Should I just restart a new character? This sucks.

Edit: Ok, so I can make it through the swamps back to those rapists or whatever they are that suck on you. However, those guys just don't die fast enough without my halberd +2. Do you have any recommendations on how to fight them without dying? The Server sword sucks ball against them and everything else.

Sniper McBlaze said:
This game is so fucking cheap. I'm stuck in the swamp in Blighttown with all my best weapons broken. Now I need to go back somehow to the weaponsmith in Undead Burg, but it's fucking impossible with all the poison and all those flies... How I HATE those flies. Blighttown would be easy without them. Where to they fucking come from by the way? Atleast give me some souls when I kill them!

You should always be repairing your weapons and equipment when you have the chance. Go back to the blacksmith in Undead Parish, and buy the Repairbox for around 3000 souls (I believe). Then you'll be able to repair your weapons at any bonfire.

What your class and soul level?

Necromanti said:
You should always be repairing your weapons and equipment when you have the chance. Go back to the blacksmith in Undead Parish, and buy the Repairbox for around 3000 souls (I believe). Then you'll be able to repair your weapons at any bonfire.

Yeah, but the problem is that I can't get back. :( The enemies are killing me.

Xanathus

So uh has anyone here obtained Platinum yet? I'm kinda hesitant to do it because I've got a pretty awesome low-level invader build now and it's so much more fun to kill people than trophy farming.

kyubajin

FINALLY goddam it. Got my copy today!

6260286220_0cd5f350a7_z.jpg

Sniper McBlaze said:
Yeah, but the problem is that I can't get back. :( The enemies are killing me.
Which bonfire do you respawn at? And at this point in the game, you should definitely have some sort of weapon you can use in the meanwhile. What's your soul level and class?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I need to vent for a second.

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT CUTTING OFF SEATH'S TAIL IS THE MOST RANDOM CRAPSHOOT BULL SHIT IVE HAD TO DEAL WITH IN A GAME IN FUCKING AGES THE FUCKING SDLFJASDF;ASDJF;ASJ RAWRG THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL IF ITS THE UP AND DOWN OR SIDE TO SIDE SWIPE AND THAT SHIT IS A GRANTEED ONE SHOT FUCK THIS STUPID SWORD IM NOT EVEN A FUCKING INT BUILD STUPID TROPHY

I love this game :D

QisTopTier said:
I need to vent for a second.

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT CUTTING OFF SEATH'S TAIL IS THE MOST RANDOM CRAPSHOOT BULL SHIT IVE HAD TO DEAL WITH IN A GAME IN FUCKING AGES THE FUCKING SDLFJASDF;ASDJF;ASJ RAWRG THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL IF ITS THE UP AND DOWN OR SIDE TO SIDE SWIPE AND THAT SHIT IS A GRANTEED ONE SHOT FUCK THIS STUPID SWORD IM NOT EVEN A FUCKING INT BUILD STUPID TROPHY

I love this game :D

Poor scaleless dragon :(

hteng

Banned
Sniper McBlaze said:

Edit: Ok, so I can make it through the swamps back to those rapists or whatever they are that suck on you. However, those guys just don't die fast enough without my halberd +2. Do you have any recommendations on how to fight them without dying? The Server sword sucks ball against them and everything else.

since you are at the swamp already, then you are close to the shortcut to firelink shrine, go up via the wheel platform elevator thing, just keep moving upwards (climb whatever stairs you encounter), on the way you should find a chest with the New Londo ruins key, which lets you unlock the gate in new londo, take the elevator back up to firelink.

edit: remember to buy a repair box and reinforce box.

hteng said:
since you are at the swamp already, then you are close to the shortcut to firelink shrine, go up via the wheel platform elevator thing, just keep moving upwards, on the way you should find a chest with the New Londo ruins key, which lets you unlock the gate in new londo, take the elevator back up to firelink.

Are you for real? I was sure I had come to a dead end at the wheel platform! I found some red mage clothes and then I went back. Thanks for the tip! Things feel aloooot better now.

hteng

Banned
Sniper McBlaze said:
Are you for real? I was sure I had come to a dead end at the wheel platform! I found some red mage clothes and then I went back. Thanks for the tip! Things feel aloooot better now.

yes, you missed one of the ladders. go back to where you first dropped off from the wheel. you should climb up a set of stairs, then immediately there will another set on your right side. continue on and you will reach the surface.

protip: there will always be torches near ladders.

KAOz

Short bus special
QisTopTier said:
no fuck him he boned the hug titty princess then turned around and locked their daughter in a whole different dimension. He can rot in hell.

But, twist!
That huge titty princess is really just an artificial creation by Prince/Princess Gwyndolin!

It's true.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
KAOz said:
But, twist!
That huge titty princess is really just an artificial creation by Prince/Princess Gwyndolin!

It's true.
Oh I know, which is even more fucked up when you think about it.

KAOz

Short bus special
QisTopTier said:
Oh I know, which is even more fucked up when you think about it.

Oh god, she's like a real doll for a dragon! OHGOD!

Seath really is a sad little fucker, isn't he...?

KAOz said:
But, twist!

It's true.

There was an actual Gywnevere that like left or something. I read that somewhere in game .. maybe Seath scaled his way to her box and had some fun before she left..

60 hours in across a few characters and I just got to Blighttown. Dark Souls has quickly gone from my undisputed Game of the Forever to merely a great game. Difficulty isn't the main issue; It's a poorly designed technical mess in almost every way imaginable. Blighttown is meeting the most gorgeous woman ever and then cringing when she opens her mouth to reveal rancid, rotted teeth.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ezenzer said:
60 hours in across a few characters and I just got to Blighttown. Dark Souls has quickly gone from my undisputed Game of the Forever to merely a great game. Difficulty isn't the main issue; It's a poorly designed technical mess in almost every way imaginable. Blighttown is meeting the most gorgeous woman ever and then cringing when she opens her mouth to reveal rancid, rotted teeth.
Uh so shadow of the colossus is only okay?

I mean yeah the zone's frame rate is the worst in the entire game, but you adjust after being there for like 10 minutes. I can enter that zone at any given time now and adjust instantly just cause I know what to expect now. If you really hate it, just sprint through the whole place, or take the shortcut.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
kyubajin said:
FINALLY goddam it. Got my copy today!

6260286220_0cd5f350a7_z.jpg
Grats man!

And g'morning GAF! Time to continue this fine game

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Feep said:
My thread is racing this one

And somehow losing
Game of the Forever > free games!
Although your game looks awesome and mindrapingly awesome o.o does the later levels require you to multitask like crazy? o.o

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
QisTopTier said:
How's your finger?
MUCH better! It's obviously still bandaged (no nail either) but the infection is completely gone and it's not swollen at all now. The only thing I need to keep doing for the next 1 ½ weeks is take penicillin 3 times/day and change the bandage once a day :)! I can play most games on Dualshock but I can't play SC2 because I make marines with the A-button and that's what that particular finger is there for :lol But I'll survive!

So has anyone been able to confirm if the Furtive Pygmy is in the game or what the pendent does? I'm starting to think its all just a wild goose chase.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yoshichan said:
MUCH better! It's obviously still bandaged (no nail either) but the infection is completely gone and it's not swollen at all now. The only thing I need to keep doing for the next 1 ½ weeks is take penicillin 3 times/day and change the bandage once a day :)! I can play most games on Dualshock but I can't play SC2 because I make marines with the A-button and that's what that particular finger is there for :lol But I'll survive!
Woot glad to hear it.

Also currently listening to the punch out NES theme while invading in crystal cove... and using tranquil walk and force... LOOOOOL

Mortrialus said:
So has anyone been able to confirm if the Furtive Pygmy is in the game or what the pendent does? I'm starting to think its all just a wild goose chase.

BIG SPOILER
You are the furtive pygmy evil story path reveals this

Yoshichan

The only thing I've done lately is PvPed the living crap out of my lobby :lol

Speaking of that, I need my ninja flip-ring... does it require a specific amount of dexterity?

Yoshichan

QisTopTier said:
Ring works even with 1 dex. Just need to be under 50% equip weight.
Yeah I know, I just thought that the ninja ring exclusively needed some kind of dex-requirement! Glad that's not the case :D Below 50% should be fine, I think... I THINK... *checks*

QisTopTier said:
BIG SPOILER
You are the furtive pygmy evil story path reveals this

Does it?

I've looked at Kaath's dialog and he simply states that you are a decedent of the Pygmy, not the Pygmy himself. And how does the Pendent play into all of this?

Yoshichan

Feep said:
Dude... I'm aware that that's the hardest difficulty but I'm never touching the game after watching that trailer :/ Looks way too crazy for me, I'll probably end up breaking my monitor and my keyboard if I gave it a try.

Feep

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Dude... I'm aware that that's the hardest difficulty but I'm never touching the game after watching that trailer :/ Looks way too crazy for me, I'll probably end up breaking my monitor and my keyboard if I gave it a try.
(laugh) Easy is so easy that my mother was bored. My MOTHER.

Plus, it's free. Why not? = D

Yoshichan

Feep said:
(laugh) Easy is so easy that my mother was bored. My MOTHER.

Plus, it's free. Why not? = D
Yeah but knowing me, I'll probably want to upgrade myself to harder difficulties faster than I should :lol But free games = great, I might give it a try sometime.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Mortrialus said:
Does it?

I've looked at Kaath's dialog and he simply states that you are a decedent of the Pygmy, not the Pygmy himself. And how does the Pendent play into all of this?
the Pygmy represents humanity thus was human and died, kaath pretty much wants you to end the age of gods and let humanity take over, the good path is you taking the place of Gyn as the ruler of light oh and that kills all the hollows too. The bad end is you becoming the ruler of darkness which is the timeline that was supposed to happen after the age of fire was over but Gywn prolonged it and thus went insane trying to prevent it. Thus not giving humanity a chance to rule. You start in a prison for a reason

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
UrbanRats said:
Luckily, i don't really care about the game's story, lol.
haha if you don't really care for the story you wouldn't of saw that point EVER anyways most likely
edit: GOD FUCKING DAMN IT double posted :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom