• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
x3r0123 said:
butterfly

hydra(s)

--

so if I have all the boss souls to enter the final area, is that a one time trip? or can I leave up until I enter the final boss fight?

cj_iwakura said:
Demon Ruins boss. Ow.

Any hints? I even was using mad anti-fire gear.

Which one of the 3?

Kevtones

Just finished Quelagg's Domain... What's the best place to head to now?
Went to Ash Lake through The Great Hollow and I'm stuck on the Hyrda...

corrosivefrost said:
so if I have all the boss souls to enter the final area, is that a one time trip? or can I leave up until I enter the final boss fight?
You can go back, just don't enter the fog and kill the boss.

Kalnos

Banned
I Push Fat Kids said:

Where you are now is optional.
After you ring the second bell at Quelaag's then you can go to Sen's Fortress near the Undead Parish. Alternatively you could finish Darkroot Basin/Forest/etc instead.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I feel as though I'm playing the game all wrong, I'm level 49 and just entered Blight Town for the first time yesterday, then again I grinded in the forest for loot/levels.

Kevtones

Kalnos said:
Where you are now is optional.
After you ring the second bell at Quelaag's then you can go to Sen's Fortress near the Undead Parish. Alternatively you could finish Darkroot Basin/Forest/etc instead.

I'm really struggling to see how I'm going to kill the
Hydra
right now. I'm a Wanderer build and my magic is not doing the trick.

I took a gander at
Darkroot and got slow-spelled by the knight
. It seemed more manageable to be honest.

Booshka

Plywood said:
I feel as though I'm playing the game all wrong, I'm level 49 and just entered Blight Town for the first time yesterday, then again I grinded in the forest for loot/levels.
Grind for upgrades on your gear, it is very important. This game isn't terribly hard if you have the right gear that complements your playstyle. Just find a weapon/armor combo that you like and upgrade it. I have been using the Balder Armor for most of my game time because I upgraded it a bunch (+9) and like the stats/weight.

Kevtones

Plywood said:

I finished Blighttown @ 39 lol.

Kalnos

Banned
I Push Fat Kids said:
I'm really struggling to see how I'm going to kill the
Hydra
right now. I'm a Wanderer build and my magic is not doing the trick.

I took a gander at
Darkroot and got slow-spelled by the knight
. It seemed more manageable to be honest.

To kill the
hydra you need to run up as close as possible (without falling in the water) which will cause the hydra to only use his melee which you can easily block with a decent shield. Then you just remove heads one by one
. There is also a 'exploit' of sorts you can use to kill him if you want to google the specifics.

About Darkroot...
You can almost completely avoid the giant knights by staying to the left-hand wall. When you fight them and they use that spell you pretty much just want to hold up your shield, block, and then regain stamina until it wears off.

I also played a Wanderer as my first char, and that's what I did at those points. Though, you seem to have a bit more of a magic build as you said.

Booshka

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Ah, right. What does it entail, though?
You need to donate 30 Humanity. You get a Pyro spell and a shortcut that cuts out most of Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith, and skips two bosses. But more importantly, skips the Lava Lake filled with Dino's part.

woops

Kalnos

Banned
FuzzyNorman said:
I'm doing fine in Blighttown and I'm 32. Am I way too low or something?

You're low, but not 'too' low. Most people in this thread appear to be over-leveling their characters. Gear is probably more important than stats.

x3r0123 said:
if you turn right before the fire demon, there is a wall blocking you. Thats the shortcut

Booshka said:
You need to donate 30 Humanity. You get a Pyro spell and a shortcut that cuts out most of Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith, and skips two bosses. But more importantly, skips the Lava Lake filled with Dino's part.

woops

Damn, thank you!

May have to farm humanity before I finish my first game...

cj_iwakura

electroshockwave said:
Ceaseless Discharge? Keep close so he doesn't use his fire attacks. Dodge his melee attacks then attack his arms as he recovers.

Well that could do it. I was deliberately keeping away.

I Push Fat Kids said:

If you don't mind a bit of cheesing/glitching...
You can make the hydra beach itself. Run like a motherfucker to the other end of the lake -- when you start to enter the forest area, turn around and look back at the hydra -- it will beach itself trying to go back to it's starting location and die. +2 dragon scales, +10000 souls, I believe. :D

cj_iwakura said:

Ceaseless Discharge, Demon Firesage, or Centipede Demon?

GAF, I took a break on the dragon, but I still can't kill him by hand, he just flys over me and does fire until I die, even w/ sweat, the ring and the grim reaper suit on.

How the fk can you kill him if he just constantly heals from arrows and kills me like that on the ground?!

:|

Kevtones

FuzzyNorman said:
I'm doing fine in Blighttown and I'm 32. Am I way too low or something?

I started around 30 and ended @ 39 when I beat the domain boss. It started hard but I got in a groove pretty quick.

Also thank you Kalnos and CorrosiveFrost!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Ah fuck it I am gonna buy this game...

Is it THAT hard? I have limited time so replaying something 23940934093x times would really be annoying but it just seems so cool

x3r0123

Relix said:

Is it THAT hard? I have limited time so replaying something 23940934093x times would really be annoying but it just seems so cool

question is, are you willing to spend that much time though?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Relix said:

It's only super hard if you have shit analyzing skills.

Relix said:

Not too bad once you learn the controls. Think Street Fighter Footsie when you are playing.

tc farks

I'm just not coming across enough souls. I was at the Depths boss and only faced him once and died because I was unaware of the tail attack. But I figured that was a good thing because I could upgrade my pyro flame through Laurenitis or whatever his name is. But I haven't found a good place to grind, everywhere I go takes forever, and I've only gotten my flame up to +4. I did also buy the Fire Orb, 8,000 souls being a ton to me right now. I'm at level 25, and I never level up because I'm using my souls to try and upgrade my spells. I feel like I'll be underleveled soon, and that's if I grind like crazy to get my pyro flame upgraded enough still.

I can go beat the Depths boss any minute, but I don't think it's a great idea yet. Plus the ring from Oswald before I enter Blighttown is rather substantial as well. Any suggestions?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Thanks guys, I was just wondering.

I think my second playthrough will likely be a Pyromancer what with the damage I'm doing with my spells as a Ranger I can definitely see it being a fun/easy class.

EasyMode

Just cleared Lost Izalith... holy shit From what were you thinking with that lake?! Yes I know it's possible to skip, but still...

Is it possible to get the helmet that
lights up the Tomb of the Giants without joining the Chaos covenant
?

MechaX

Booshka said:
For a STR build there is only one weapon to choose from. :/

But you have a lot of like 40+ Str weapons to choose from!

And man, I spend 20 minutes in the character creator and after utterly failing to top my first character (female), I manage to podge together some Leon Kennedy/Brendan Fraiser-looking mother fucker that I doubt I'll be able to take seriously.

MechaX

EasyMode said:
Hey, that's my guy!

While it is true that Leon is my favorite Resident Evil character, it's just going to be odd playing through this game because I won't be thinking "man, how am I going to get past this hard challenge?" but rather "I wonder what cheesy one-liner Leon would tell this Capra Demon."

Varna

Kalnos said:
You're low, but not 'too' low. Most people in this thread appear to be over-leveling their characters. Gear is probably more important than stats.

Gear and knowledge. :)

Just finished Blight town in at level 22 in under 30 minutes or so.

EasyMode said:
Just cleared Lost Izalith... holy shit From what were you thinking with that lake?! Yes I know it's possible to skip, but still...

Is it possible to get the helmet that
lights up the Tomb of the Giants without joining the Chaos covenant
?
Are you refering to Sunlight Maggot? If so, those harmless bugs you see in Lost Izarith drops them.

x3r0123 said:

If you're willing to roll at half HP, there *is* a ring that gives you more casts of all your spells.

--

Whoa, holy shit.

You can trade snuggly/sparkly for a red titanite slab:
Ascended Pyromancy Flame – Red Titanite Slab

I have an extra one that hasn't been leveled at all yet... I wonder if it's worth the souls to get it to +15... I did find that soul farming trick using dark anor londo... fuck it, I'm a do it. Then I just need blue and regular ones, I think -- I can clean up my fire and chaos weapon trophies in my first playthrough though. Niiiice.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
corrosivefrost said:
If you're willing to roll at half HP, there *is* a ring that gives you more casts of all your spells.
A vit/int build based around that ring would probably be pretty sweet.

Varna

FUCK. I almost killed Stray Demon at level 22 as well. Fucker worked himself next to the wall and it was impossible to avoid the wave attack.

Septimius

Hawkian said:

But totally crap for PvP.

Oh, yeah. My last PvP encounter in the forest was when I invaded a level 200 guy, and almost managed to kill him by getting the giant mushrooms to hit him. Must've been NGalotofpluses, because they hit hard.

Insaniac

Hawkian said:

its not bad, halving your HP is pretty harsh though.

GhostRidah said:
Which? I need a good one, the fat dude in londo is ruining me.

The crystal Ring shield or whatever you get for using the moonlight butterfly soul is pretty ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom