• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.
mblitek said:
Holy crap, I saw read |OT3| !? You guys are insane! So how hard is this game?

If you go in blind, not knowing anything about the mechanics of the game, then very very hard.

If you have a good understanding of the game, then the difficulty is absolutely average.

If you really know your stuff & about the broken over-powered/exploits, then this is one of the easiest games this gen.

vehn

See You Next Wednesday said:
If you go in blind, not knowing anything about the mechanics of the game, then very very hard.

If you have a good understanding of the game, then the difficulty is absolutely average.

If you really know your stuff & about the broken over-powered/exploits, then this is one of the easiest games this gen.

easiest games this gen my ass

purg3

slept with Malkin
Can you still farm the forest NPC's after you join the covenant and then break it. I want to get the dark wood grain ring.

purg3 said:
Can you still farm the forest NPC's after you join the covenant and then break it. I want to get the dark wood grain ring.

Yeah I did exactly that. Make sure to buy any of the unique weapons from Shiva first though.

mujun

See You Next Wednesday said:

What are you talking about?

I got killed by a stupid cloaked knight in the church like 3 times last night at level 16 or so despite having played almost a hundred hours.

MechaX

I have thoroughly spanked the Capra Demon with my NG+ character.

My revenge is almost... complete...

Ornstein and Smough, I'm fucking coming for both of you.

Izuna

Banned
5 Hours in, just got a place called
Blighttown
(place in the thread title so I guess it runs like solid poo).

I hope this is similar to the Nexus because I have not come across a single shop yet. I have a question though, I have 50000 souls saved, and I am level 12. What should I level up? Drake Sword doesn't scale, and I have 50% equip burden from my armour of choice so Endurance is out.

I'm assuming the Drake Sword will be obsolete very soon right?

Oh speaking of boss fights
the Giant Rat was so crazily more difficult than anything in the game including the boss directly after, I'm wondering if I just fought it completely wrong.

I've been using humanity as a cure so far (has some weird properties that makes AI not want to attack me).

Showing up for a summon with Smough's armor set on is great. They don't know how to react at first, you can see the confusion in the players' twitching.

bill.cosby said:
Demons Souls experience helps big time - but saying easiest game this gen is WAY overstating it ;)

Indeed, speaking off easy
I kicked Quelaag and the Ceaseless Discharge (I'm sure the insta kill is intended) Time for Sen's

Zzoram

izunadono said:
Blighttown

I hope this is similar to the Nexus because I have not come across a single shop yet. I have a question though, I have 50000 souls saves, and I am level 12. What should I level up? Drake Sword doesn't scale, and I have 50% equip burden from my armour of choice so Endurance is out.

Only 5 hours in and you're in Blighttown? Are you some kind of Demon's Souls pro?

The first merchant was down a hidden staircase in the Undead Burg, before the first bonfire. The second merchant/NPC is just below the bonfire in the Undead Parish.

Zzoram

Unconditional said:
Capra demon down! Gonna go into the woody area(darkwood?) and farm up some items to make blighttown less painful.

Ya if you farm up 30 poison cures and 10 toxin cures, and use the Spider Shield, Blighttown is pretty non-threatening. Well, assuming you have a bow and arrows, so you can lure out enemies one at a time wherever there is more than one.

1stStrike

Banned
izunadono said:
Blighttown

I hope this is similar to the Nexus because I have not come across a single shop yet. I have a question though, I have 50000 souls saved, and I am level 12. What should I level up? Drake Sword doesn't scale, and I have 50% equip burden from my armour of choice so Endurance is out.

Oh speaking of boss fights
the Giant Rat was so crazily more difficult than anything in the game including the boss directly after, I'm wondering if I just fought it completely wrong.

I've been using humanity as a cure so far (has some weird properties that makes AI not want to attack me).

You're gonna want to get rid of that Drake Sword very soon. Since you're in blighttown now, I'd probably do it after you ring the 2nd bell. It should be OK till then.

As for stats, what kind of weapons do you want to use? That's pretty much how you should determine where you invest your souls.

Izuna

Banned
Zzoram said:
Only 5 hours in and you're in Blighttown? Are you some kind of Demon's Souls pro?

The first merchant was down a hidden staircase in the Undead Burg, before the first bonfire. The second merchant/NPC is just below the bonfire in the Undead Parish.

I'm the guy who can complete Demon's Souls in sub-4 hours with no deaths. Here's an older picture:

demons_souls_perfect_clear_tim.png

I wrote a guide on it if anyone's interested... Dark Souls open-world approach is actually appealing to me now.

K' Dash

I just helped 3 dudes with Smug and Ornstein before I do it myself, good farming point I died with the third dude I was helping but smug was 2 hits from being dead, I'm sure he got it.

Tomorrow I'll send them to meet the creator.

Izuna

Banned
1stStrike said:
As for stats, what kind of weapons do you want to use? That's pretty much how you should determine where you invest your souls.

I like the long swords 'cause you can still attack through walls in this game. I always carry a small shield with me to parry if that means anything.

izunadono said:
I'm the guy who can complete Demon's Souls in sub-4 hours with no deaths. Here's an older picture:

I wrote a guide on it if anyone's interested... Dark Souls open-world approach is actually appealing to me now.

Beat the boss @ Anor Londo (after Sen's Fortress) and get the ability to warp from all bonfires to select bonfires.

Izuna

Banned
demosthenes said:
Beat the boss @ Anor Londo (after Sen's Fortress) and get the ability to warp from all bonfires to select bonfires.

<3 you, I was wondering if this was in the game. Thanks, I look forward to that.

Zzoram

izunadono said:

Respect.

I intend to do a quick run with a new character eventually, but my Sorcerer is going to go through to NG++ to get all the trophies first.

I ended up like 2 or 3 trophies short of a platinum in Demon's Souls, I just needed the boss souls in NG++ to finish my rare weapons and get the last miracle.

sixghost

izunadono said:

We already have our speed-running hero in Dark Souls. 1:26:00, bro.

matmanx1

bathala said:
Is there a third level ascension for pyro glove.

I don't think so. +15 for the regular and then ascend to Quelana to +5. Speaking of Pyromancy, I just wrecked the
Amber Crystal Golem
with 2 Great Chaos Fireballs. Cast Light, here I come!

Also, after an hour of clearing that one little patch of forest and it's small army of tree people I finally cornered
Pharis
and got his Black Bow. I think I'm going to +5 it and then turn it into a Fire version in honor of the Lava Bow from Demon's Souls.

Izuna

Banned
sixghost said:
We already have our speed-running hero in Dark Souls. 1:26:00, bro.

Yeah I know, after seeing that I never played it again. I knew you could skip Worlds 1, 3, and 4, but I didn't know you could skip 2 and 5. Anyway my point was that I wasn't saying Dark Souls was easy; that I have experience playing Demon's Souls.

besides lol, that wasn't a speed run, I was waiting for Blue Phantoms to save and Black Phantoms for white CT

sixghost

bathala said:
Bummer

So from now on increase INT if i want increase DMG
INT doesn't do anything to upgrade Pyromancy damage. It only upgrades the melee attack for the glove. It seems like this gets asked/posted every 2nd page.
izunadono said:
Yeah I know, after seeing that I never played it again. I knew you could skip Worlds 1, 3, and 4, but I didn't know you could skip 2 and 5. Anyway my point was that I wasn't saying Dark Souls was easy; that I have experience playing Demon's Souls.
I was just joking ;)

sixghost

Does anyone else feel like Pyromancy is really overpowered PvE in this game? If you dump souls into upgrading your glove, you can do so much god damn damage with very little investment in ATT.

Zzoram

demosthenes said:
How do you do this?

I didn't know about it in my first play through. Just started my NG+, can I do it early or do I have to wait?

I read this thread and the wikispaces a lot.

Either the depths trainer you rescue or the egghead trainer in Quelaag's domain can ugprade your pyro flame to +15, then you need to meet a girl sitting against a stone pillar in Blighttown somewhat near the boulder throwing ogres, she can ascend it and upgrade it to +5, as well as selling some great pyro spells.

demosthenes said:
How do you do this?

I didn't know about it in my first play through. Just started my NG+, can I do it early or do I have to wait?

AFAIK, the earliest you can do it is in the
swamp in Blighttown. You need +10 pyromancy to see the NPC. You might also need to have beaten Quelaag.

MechaX

1stStrike said:
You're gonna want to get rid of that Drake Sword very soon. Since you're in blighttown now, I'd probably do it after you ring the 2nd bell. It should be OK till then.

Well, while that is true, the big problem is that by the time he gets to the point where the Drake Sword starts to lose its muster, he'll essentially just be picking up Easy Mode Weapon No. 2 (Lightning Spear) and it's all downhill from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom