• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT3| This thread moves faster than the Blighttown framerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Saren is Bad said:
Quick questions:

Why is everyone wanting to be summoned for the Gaping Dragon?

Does that farm spoof still work right outside the 20k soul door?

Where is the nearest bonfire in Blightown once you enter?

Nearest is bottom of the waterwheel and just follow the wall. Get to it as soon as you can. There's another up above afterwards.

And what spoof? You mean just killing the dudes? Yeah, of course.

And who knows about the Dragon. He's got such an easy attack pattern to learn.

So I'm toward the end of Blighttown...all I need to do is run across the swamp to the mountain with all those boulder throwing fuckers on the mountain. Problem is I have no flasks left and my health is low...

Ideas?

I rerolled my guy kknowing a bit more then before and wow did it make the game easier to just zip up to Sens Fortress.

I rolled a Pyromancer, chose the Master Key and pumped all my points into Vitality. Only spending other points on getting the Bow then Drake on. By level 15 I had he Havlik on and killed the guy in the gold armor for the ring with the huge boost.

I had oth bells rung by level 20ish and made a ton of runs into Sens Fortress, Demon Ruins etc... Every boss is a walk in the park as long as you go human form then summon people.

Finally leveled up with all the cashed in souls I saved up and got myself to level 35. Still far behind tho weapon wise. Got a shit ton of HP and Endurance, especially with the rings, but my Strength is only 20 and my agility 14 lol.
Also joined a covenant, not sure what the use of them are tho and why I should have. Cat had the best sale speech so I went with the forest.
My next step is to make a weapon. I cant rock the Drake no more going into some of these new dungeons. I got the Demon Great Mechette, but I think till I can get the skills up to use it Im gonna try a Lightning Shotel :)

Questions tho...I accidentally killed the guy with an egg sack on his back before the spider princess...is this really bad??!!??
And weapon wise, what do you guys suggest? I'm not feeling the lightining spear I found, wanna try something else. But like I said, I pumped all my points into Vitality so my Ultra Weapons are WAY to strong for me :(

WEGGLES

24FrameDaVinci said:
So I'm toward the end of Blighttown...all I need to do is run across the swamp to the mountain with all those boulder throwing fuckers on the mountain. Problem is I have no flasks left and my health is low...

Ideas?
Consumable humanity gives health.

test_account said:
In Anor Londo, when i get to the place
before the boss, and that message of "your red orb is tingeling" (or something like that hehe) appears, what are you suppose to do? I used a red orb, but it just said "failed to invade" after 30 seconds or so.

this refers to lutrec killing the maiden at firelink shrine. There was a red orb specifically for you to invade his world at this spot.

Saren is Bad said:
Quick questions:

Why is everyone wanting to be summoned for the Gaping Dragon?

Does that farm spoof still work right outside the 20k soul door?

Where is the nearest bonfire in Blightown once you enter?

I think it's a combination of early on:
1) Easy Boss to kill especially w/ multiple people
2) Very close to the bonfire after the shortcut is opened
3) Good amount of souls early on

FINALBOSS

Banned
24FrameDaVinci said:

Ideas?

Uh...go back to the bonfire, lol.

You can avoid those guys completely. I went to the far left of the mound and walked up the side and into the cave.

sotodefonk said:
maybe its just a rare drop?

Yeah, it is. It just does NOT drop from certain mimics and there's only a limited amount of them in the game. So your chance of getting it reduces drastically.

JVIDICAN

24FrameDaVinci said:

Ideas?
use the second Bonfire?

Dever

Banned
Bed of Chaos...

What do I do
after he brings out his flame scythe? I don't see any way to reach the other force field thing, and I keep falling

Ken

FINALBOSS said:
You mind sharing which Mimic?

There aren't that many in the game and they absolutely DON'T drop from the ones in Anor/Duke's (If I'm remembering correctly)

I got mine from the mimic in Anor Londor by the spiral staircase.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Kyoufu said:
Someone has reported it dropping from the one in Duke's Archives.

Either the guide is wrong of they are confused.

Guide says you get 20% extra souls too on top of the item discovery. Pretty kewlz. The HP minus sux though.

sixghost

24FrameDaVinci said:

Ideas?
You're going to fight a pretty hard boss even if you make it there. Go find the swamp bonfire if you haven't already, it's near the waterwheel.

24FrameDaVinci said:

Ideas?

Bonfires like 10 sec away. Pop to human form and run a muck on those guys and the den with summons.

One thing Ive learned on my second play through..
Smmoning people to help + Vitality and the games a breeze up to right past the Queen fight.

Dever said:
Bed of Chaos...

What do I do
after he brings out his flame scythe? I don't see any way to reach the other force field thing, and I keep falling

Need to find a way to jump over and break both of the orbs - it's kind of annoying but it can be done. I probably fell to my death like 20 times on that guy - jumping can be so finicky in this game.

FL4TW4V3

Anyone know where can I get the Official Guide book in a reasonable price? I'm in Greece by the way. Tried Amazon.co.uk and play.com already but to no avail.

DarkMehm

Thread is moving so fast my question got ignored:

I forgot to farm souls for Purging Stones. Can I just go to Oswald and and undo my oath to the Forest Covenant to farm again?

Thanks for an answer.

Dever

Banned
rogerroger22 said:
Need to find a way to jump over and break both of the orbs - it's kind of annoying but it can be done. I probably fell to my death like 20 times on that guy - jumping can be so finicky in this game.

Yeah there's really no way of telling whether or not you're "supposed to" jump over that gap, I failed a few times and stopped trying. I guess I'll try that again, thanks.

FINALBOSS said:
Nearest is bottom of the waterwheel and just follow the wall. Get to it as soon as you can. There's another up above afterwards.

Gaping Dragon is a easy fight, tends to be popular with people in the mid 20s, and is an easy chunk of souls if the host doesn't die.

Also, if your in your mid/late 20s - getting summoned 2 or 3 times is an easy way to get 20k souls to buy the key to farm behind the door - that was the main reason I stuck around to help out 3 or 4 times on that boss.

FINALBOSS said:

Thanks for answers. Damn autocorrect farm -> spoof. I had watched a video of some dude running through the forest, going to a corner in the map and mobs just jump over him to their death

sixghost said:
Thanks for posting that, fucking awesome. I bet that speeds up farming a ton. It basically triples your Item Find permanently.

np. if i need to farm something for the plat., i'm gonna wear that :) let's see.....

test_account

XP-39C²
Urban Scholar said:
this refers to lutrec killing the maiden at firelink shrine. There was a red orb specifically for you to invade his world at this spot.
Yeah, Ken answered it a bit above here, but thanks for the answer regardless! :) Speaking about red orbs, i think it is a bit weird that if you fail to invade, it still uses a red orb.

Dever said:
Yeah there's really no way of telling whether or not you're "supposed to" jump over that gap, I failed a few times and stopped trying. I guess I'll try that again, thanks.

I had issues with the orb on the right side - there was one way that looked like the 'obvious' way to jump across and I died a bunch on it. Then I decided to try a different route over and got there no problem.

The idea behind the fight is kind of cool, but jumping in this game is annoying to pull off with any kind of accuracy and turned the fight into a chore for me.

FINALBOSS said:
Either the guide is wrong of they are confused.

Guide says you get 20% extra souls too on top of the item discovery. Pretty kewlz. The HP minus sux though.

mine dropped in duke's. first mimic you'll encounter in that zone.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Saren is Bad said:
Thanks for answers. Damn autocorrect farm -> spoof. I had watched a video of some dude running through the forest, going to a corner in the map and mobs just jump over him to their death

Word?

Never knew about that. I just killed them over and over and over..cause that bonfire is right there.

If you're a sorc, they die in a bout 1 blast from Homing Crystal Soulmass (or the regular) and if you're a pyro, it takes a little longer. If you're melee, it takes the longest.

Augemitbutter said:
mine dropped in duke's. first mimic you'll encounter in that zone.

Nice, thanks man. Haven't hit there yet with my 2nd char, gonna boost up all my item disc goodies before attacking him.

Augemitbutter said:
9UGli.jpg

Sweet.

Just checked & my delivery of Dark Souls is supposed to be arriving today!

I won't get the guide until Wednesday though.
I seriously doubt I will hold out that long.

Kyoufu

DarkMehm said:
Thread is moving so fast my question got ignored:

I forgot to farm souls for Purging Stones. Can I just go to Oswald and and undo my oath to the Forest Covenant to farm again?

Thanks for an answer.

Yes.

Septimius

So, how common is cheating online? Some dude ruined my day of being invaded by invading me three times and using the bugged AoE or whatever to kill me. I wonder if there are quite a few max level chars out there with all the hacks in this game.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Taurus Demon giving me trouble :(! *sniff*

Is there a bonfire before him? The one I know is like half a game away XD!

Relix said:

No. Try to kite him off the bridge, he's a dumb as rocks. So if your moving around he can fall off the ledge.

Septimius

Relix said:

Nope. I was bummed out, too. Take solace in the fact that no other bosses are like this, really. Remember that you can plunge attack..

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Septimius said:
Nope. I was bummed out, too. Take solace in the fact that no other bosses are like this, really. Remember that you can plunge attack..

Yeah I just remembered about the Tower.... hmm maybe I can try that or let him go down the gap.. where I died a few seconds ago. XD!

FINALBOSS

Banned
Y2Kev said:
I need help vs. Nito. The lock on is screwing me as a mage.

Do you have homing crystal soulmass/regular mass?

I only used that when I fought Nito. Never bothered with the skeles and just kept rolling into him and got super close. Took me a few tries but it worked.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Septimius said:
So, how common is cheating online? Some dude ruined my day of being invaded by invading me three times and using the bugged AoE or whatever to kill me. I wonder if there are quite a few max level chars out there with all the hacks in this game.

You talking about that slow AOE? Yeah, that shit is annoying. I've noticed I've mostly been invaded by japanese players. Japanese PSN players almost always have a "-" dash in their name.

Tons of them used that slow spell and some short looking crystal dagger that backstabbed me for over 1k. I couldn't believe it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
FINALBOSS said:
Do you have homing crystal soulmass/regular mass?

I only used that when I fought Nito. Never bothered with the skeles and just kept rolling into him and got super close. Took me a few tries but it worked.
I do have the homing. They keep locking onto the skellies though. Should I try just rolling around Nito?

RyanDG

Y2Kev said:
I need help vs. Nito. The lock on is screwing me as a mage.

Here's how I handled Nito...

Do not move from where you start. Kill the Skeletons as they come up with Divine Weapons. When Nito comes forward go to town on him. Once you've got the skeletons down, you should be in the clear. Additionally, if you don't move from the beginning, Nito moves slowly enough that you'll get several moments alone with the skeletons first to make things easier. Just make sure you keep close to the start though so you don't aggro the giant skeletons.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Y2Kev said:
I do have the homing. They keep locking onto the skellies though. Should I try just rolling around Nito?

Yup, that's what I did.

Kept rolling into him to stay as close as possible. He's such a huge mass that if you're literally inside of him, he's the only one those things will target. Took me a couple tries.

RyanDG said:
Here's how I handled Nito...

Do not move from where you start. Kill the Skeletons as they come up with Divine Weapons. When Nito comes forward go to town on him. Once you've got the skeletons down, you should be in the clear. Additionally, if you don't move from the beginning, Nito moves slowly enough that you'll get several moments alone with the skeletons first to make things easier. Just make sure you keep close to the start though so you don't aggro the giant skeletons.

Didn't Nito's "scream" move with those pillars hit you?

FINALBOSS

Banned
Relix said:
YES! Beat the god damned bastard! Now... bonfires... please. XD!

Not one for a little while still, lol. Have fun getting passed the dragon.

For some reason he eats me alive sometimes, while other times he lets me pass.

RyanDG

FINALBOSS said:
Didn't Nito's "scream" move with those pillars hit you?

They are rather easily avoided and you can heal through them if necessary. When I meant don't move - I should clarify... I don't mean standing perfectly still. I mean staying in that general vicinity. Overall, Nito only launched those once or twice before he came into the normal range and I had taken care of the normal skeletons by then.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Ok, question... I finished Blightown and killed
Quelaag. Would you guys recommend doing Great Hollow and Ash Lake while I'm down here? Or just go straight to Sen's Fortress. Also... is there a lightening spear available early in Sen's? Is that the right place for that?

Insaniac

FINALBOSS said:
You talking about that slow AOE? Yeah, that shit is annoying. I've noticed I've mostly been invaded by japanese players. Japanese PSN players almost always have a "-" dash in their name.

Tons of them used that slow spell and some short looking crystal dagger that backstabbed me for over 1k. I couldn't believe it.

I love it when PVPers use that slow move. Its like, sure go ahead and make us both slow, but you won't be able to dodge my OHKO homing crystal soul mass

Dever

Banned
rogerroger22 said:
I had issues with the orb on the right side - there was one way that looked like the 'obvious' way to jump across and I died a bunch on it. Then I decided to try a different route over and got there no problem.

The idea behind the fight is kind of cool, but jumping in this game is annoying to pull off with any kind of accuracy and turned the fight into a chore for me.

Yeah. I think instead of the fall leading to your death, there should be a floor below. So the fall would still cause damage, but you could climb back up to try again. I'm cool with trial & error, but not really when the slightest error means instant death and you have to run to the boss all over again.

RyanDG

Mattdaddy said:
Ok, question... I finished Blightown and killed
Quelaag. Would you guys recommend doing Great Hollow and Ash Lake while I'm down here? Or just go straight to Sen's Fortress. Also... is there a lightening spear available early in Sen's? Is that the right place for that?

I wouldn't recommend doing those two personally until you get the ability to warp, just to save you a headache. As for your second question - it's available about half way through the level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom