• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

Does everyone play this game hollow? I'm trying to reduce the faith level to join the sunlight covenant, and I can never get summoned

I've put my summon sign near the O&S battle (The only place I got summoned in the game - twice) and now in the nearest bonfire, but still no luck...

Meanwhile, I invaded a guy (And got my ass kicked) with no problem on my first try

Sullichin

i made it to Anor Londo, but i havent yet beaten the Catacombs or New Londo Ruins. should i go back?

Sen's was craaaaazy.

You might as well beat Anor Londo first. You need an item acquired here to access the second half of the area that is connected to the Catacombs. Also a very useful item in general

If you beat AL, and don't
talk to frampt
, and then go about beating new londo, you'll have the opportunity to join the darkwraiths covenant. You can look up the wiki for specifics. http://darksouls.wikidot.com/darkwraith

Does everyone play this game hollow? I'm trying to reduce the faith level to join the sunlight covenant, and I can never get summoned

I've put my summon sign near the O&S battle (The only place I got summoned in the game - twice) and now in the nearest bonfire, but still no luck...

Meanwhile, I invaded a guy (And got my ass kicked) with no problem on my first try

What SL are you? Summoning is based around level. If you're between like 40-50 you should be getting summoned there a lot

Guevara

I don't know how anyone could discover the Dark Wraith Covenant on their own. I have no idea it existed until way too late in my first playthrough.

Are their hints or clues I just missed?

Canova

Banned

Put summon sign near bonfire, never near boss entrance fog

Also knows where to put summon sign based on your level. For example level 60-80 is prime for four kingd

I don't know how anyone could discover the Dark Wraith Covenant on their own. I have no idea it existed until way too late in my first playthrough.

Are their hints or clues I just missed?

I guess by going to New Londo Ruins first. Also Frampt looks like a frigging monster so there's a good chance I wouldn't even go near it if I were to play the game for the first time.

Seriously, I am happy that I didn't give the vessel to Frampt because he freaks me out everytime I run past him.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Right now I'm trying to play through the game only using dual bandit knives... I decided in The Depths that I'd allow myself a bow, but at the cost of any kind of magic/miracles/pyro. And I wasn't using a shield either. But after losing 65 humanity and 40000 souls, I'm allowing myself to carry a small shield for emergencies.

I've seen all sorts of people do way more hardcore stuff at far lower SL... I'm not good enough to ever do anything like that... but I have to say these self imposed restrictions have made this a pretty interesting and fun playthrough.

I stay hollow most of the time though. That time I lost all my banked humanity and souls was due to some invader who had all kinds of lighting weapons and shit... and he got me while I was fighting other fatties in Blighttown. Then I died on the way back to the retrieval because I was frustrated/rushing.

I have to say... sometimes the pvp stuff is fun and really amazing. But other times it's just a drag. People who a re clearly exploiting glitches to secure advantage. And it's especially bad when you can get invaded seemingly without issue, but can't summon help. Fucking four failed summons while I was fighting an invader... he backstabbed me on another attempt to summon help. Ugh. Trying to fight and I've got the "summon failed" "summon failed" "summon failed" flashing on the HUD and for whatever reason people's soul sign are there but the command is greyed out.

Ah well... another day in Dark Souls.

M.D

Put summon sign near bonfire, never near boss entrance fog

Also knows where to put summon sign based on your level. For example level 60-80 is prime for four kingd

I'm level 88 (I was 82 when I wrote the massage earlier)

I'm tired of this game. I just want to finish it now.
I'm reading a list of things I should do before NG+, and it quite the work, and I'm not sure when I'll even play this game again.

Do I keep my stats in NG+? Like, If I have 35 VIT for example, I keep it?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Going through Blighttown for the first time and I hit the swamp with no big problems, have yet to beat the boss though.

Have to say, I'm ok with the big trolls, flies, poison darts and what have you (so far Demon's 5-1/5-2 were more annoying than this), but what makes this area a real drag to play is the slowdown. The framedrops in this area are nuts, can't believe they shipped the game like this. There have been other spots with framedrops, but nothing quite like this.

They should have added some crazy fog down there to hide the geometry, and reduce the number of mobs pathfinding along the ledges. That would probably have helped.

Evolved1

The most unbelievable thing about the situation is that they haven't attempted a patch to fix it. Or to reduced it at least.

Absolutely no post game support.

The Chef

Going through Blighttown for the first time and I hit the swamp with no big problems, have yet to beat the boss though.

Have to say, I'm ok with the big trolls, flies, poison darts and what have you (so far Demon's 5-1/5-2 were more annoying than this), but what makes this area a real drag to play is the slowdown. The framedrops in this area are nuts, can't believe they shipped the game like this. There have been other spots with framedrops, but nothing quite like this.

I hear ya. After playing Skyrim on PS3 though, this shit is like 60fps.

Sullichin

Blighttown framerate is of course awful, but I've found it gets the worst for me in New Londo Ruins, if I sprint past the first few ghosts and climb up that shortcut ladder. A few times, I've been on that ladder with the fps in single digits.

Just beat bed of chaos solo on my lvl15 character. feels good. I took a suggestion I saw in this thread about 2 handing a shield. I didn't have any greatshield to 2H so I did it with the silver knight shield - a very useful strategy for some of BOC's attacks for a low level character. Still took me 4 - 5 tries. That boss must be a nightmare as SL1, I *almost* got one shotted by the flame attack when I was but one or two R1 presses away from winning the fight. I also encountered
hollowed Solaire
for the first time. I knew about the event, but it was cool seeing it. Also got the sunlight maggot for the first time, which is the reason I went that way in the first place. It amazes me that after several playthroughs I'm still experiencing new things in this game.

Booshka

Blighttown framerate is of course awful, but I've found it gets the worst for me in New Londo Ruins, if I sprint past the first few ghosts and climb up that shortcut ladder. A few times, I've been on that ladder with the fps in single digits.
The balcony where the Dried Finger is in the Painted World has single digit frames for me, maybe it's just a 360 problem, but it is awful in that specific spot.
Just beat bed of chaos solo on my lvl15 character. feels good. I took a suggestion I saw in this thread about 2 handing a shield. I didn't have any greatshield to 2H so I did it with the silver knight shield - a very useful strategy for some of BOC's attacks for a low level character. Still took me 4 - 5 tries. That boss must be a nightmare as SL1, I *almost* got one shotted by the flame attack when I was but one or two R1 presses away from winning the fight. I also encountered
hollowed Solaire
for the first time. I knew about the event, but it was cool seeing it. Also got the sunlight maggot for the first time, which is the reason I went that way in the first place. It amazes me that after several playthroughs I'm still experiencing new things in this game.
I had that moment when I saw there was a Hero Soul after the last invisible bridge in Crystal Caves in front of a moonlight butterfly. I saw it on a map of Crystal Caves on the wiki, and couldn't believe it. Immediately went there and BAM, mind blown when I saw it there.

Clevinger

I just started this and got up to Taurus. I was like, "I can do this. I can do this." And I was getting all pumped. Then I roll off the bridge. lol

edit: And does anyone know why I sometimes have more than 5 Estus Flasks? I've never upgraded a bonfire. I'm in Undead Burg and I'll sometimes see 6 or 7 flasks.

Booshka

I just started this and got up to Taurus. I was like, "I can do this. I can do this." And I was getting all pumped. Then I roll off the bridge. lol

edit: And does anyone know why I sometimes have more than 5 Estus Flasks? I've never upgraded a bonfire. I'm in Undead Burg and I'll sometimes see 6 or 7 flasks.

That happens when other players kindle a bonfire in the area that you are in.

Did you manage to pick up the stuff you wanted in Akihabara? Besides this artbook of course.

yeah i got some really cool stuff in akihabara, including the japanese collectors edition of dark souls. super potato is probably the best store i have ever been in, and a few others on that same strip are really good also. i was traveling with my fiance when i went shopping in akihabara and she was teasing me because i was like a kid in a candy shop, just couldnt stop smiling.

i am actually typing this from an internet cafe at narita airport. i havent gotten a chance to try anything i bought here since ive been traveling for three weeks.

Soulhouf

hollowed Solaire

2 handing a shield is a must when you're low level against that boss. It works also pretty well against Centipede (you probably saw me use it in that boss fight and block his big attack at the beginning).
Bed of Chaos is pain in the ass whatever your level is and I never been able to beat it in my first try.

Did you beat 4 Kings? That can be a challenge at SL15.

M.D

I'm trying to figure out what my NG+ character should be

I understand that you keep all stats, but do I keep my pyro? Or do I chose a new class? Does my pyro hand stay the same or do I need to level it all over again?

I'm thinking of doing a faith/pyro build if that's even possible... But what's stopping me to be overpowered in NG+ if I keep all my stats, and I can use all the best armor and weapons?

MrWisker

Bed of Chaos is pain in the ass whatever your level is and I never been able to beat it in my first try..

Of the 20 plus times I have gone through the Bed of Chaos boss, I have only managed to beat it once without dying. One of the best feelings in the game. I have managed to beat it many times just dying once, but overall, a fucked-up boss anyway you slice it.

As for the 4 kings. This is perhaps my hardest boss to beat at a very low level. I have managed to do it a few times but only after many many failed attempts. You have to learn their attack patterns and time each jump perfectly if you are going to have any success with this boss. Lowest SL defeating 4 kings is perhaps around SL 18 using a +5 lightning claymore.

MrWisker

I'm trying to figure out what my NG+ character should be

I understand that you keep all stats, but do I keep my pyro? Or do I chose a new class? Does my pyro hand stay the same or do I need to level it all over again?

I'm thinking of doing a faith/pyro build if that's even possible... But what's stopping me to be overpowered in NG+ if I keep all my stats, and I can use all the best armor and weapons?

Your character stats / class on a NG+ do not change. What you have at the end of the game is pretty much what you carry over on a NG+. All weapons, magic, weapon upgrades are transferred.

The only real things that do not transfer over are the special items / keys / embers you need to purchase / find to progress in the game. I.E. embers, certain keys, ability to boost bonfire past 10 flasks, ability to upgrade / repair weapons / armour at bonfires need to be purchased again. You will not be able to warp until you beat a certain boss.

As for being overclassed on a NG+....you may feel that way at the beginning levels, but once you start the later levels you will find enemies and bosses to hit very hard and take a lot more damage to kill. The 4 kings for example is a much harder fight on NG+. The game progressively gets harder on each NG+ up to level NG+7.

M.D

Your character stats / class on a NG+ do not change. What you have at the end of the game is pretty much what you carry over on a NG+. All weapons, magic, weapon upgrades are transferred.

The only real things that do not transfer over are the special items / keys / embers you need to purchase / find to progress in the game. I.E. embers, certain keys, ability to boost bonfire past 10 flasks, ability to upgrade / repair weapons / armour at bonfires need to be purchased again. You will not be able to warp until you beat a certain boss.

As for being overclassed on a NG+....you may feel that way at the beginning levels, but once you start the later levels you will find enemies and bosses to hit very hard and take a lot more damage to kill. The 4 kings for example is a much harder fight on NG+. The game progressively gets harder on each NG+ up to level NG+7.

Understood.

What would you recommend going with? Faith or Magic? Faith seems the best to me, since I've already got a pretty solid character even without using my pyro, and being able to heal myself sounds great

Frank

Understood.

What would you recommend going with? Faith or Magic? Faith seems the best to me, since I've already got a pretty solid character even without using my pyro, and being able to heal myself sounds great

You only need Faith to be 12 to use Heal. Nothing more. If you're not going for a low level playthrough, there's no reason not to up Faith until 12. It only gives your character more diversity in options.

M.D

You only need Faith to be 12 to use Heal. Nothing more. If you're not going for a low level playthrough, there's no reason not to up Faith until 12. It only gives your character more diversity in options.

I had no idea.. :eek:

I'm not going for a low level playthrough... I like this game and the challenge, but not that much :p

I'm also thinking what weapons or armor I should upgrade.. I currently have STR at 36 and I've read a bit about and it seems lighting weapons are better than pretty much anything, even if it a weapon that scales with STR and you've got 50 STR

That's why I want to invest in faith or magic

I'm also thinking what else should I do before going to NG+ other than kindle the important bonfires to max

Edit:

I've read more about elemental vs scaling weapons, and it seems scaling weapons can do more damage, if you have the right stats.
The problem for me is that the scaling weapons with high enough physical damage are the heavier weapons that I don't really like to use

BTW - First bonfire with the jelly zombies with shields and spears in Painted World with Fire Tempest + Chaos Storm and Silver Serpent Ring + Symbol of Avarice equipped is amazing for soul farming!

Daigoro

just lost 40k souls by falling off a cliff (after having been killed by some lowly critters). waaaahhhhhggg.

this game is amazing.

Sullichin

2 handing a shield is a must when you're low level against that boss. It works also pretty well against Centipede (you probably saw me use it in that boss fight and block his big attack at the beginning).
Bed of Chaos is pain in the ass whatever your level is and I never been able to beat it in my first try.

Did you beat 4 Kings? That can be a challenge at SL15.

Yeah I beat 4 Kings, that character is a darkwraith. At SL15 you can invade anywhere. I'm not one of those assholes invading the burg with a lightning weapon, but it's cool to keep the option open to invade there, and I use appropriate equipment/weapons if i go there. I spent so much time invading in Sen's Fortess with that character (I use good equipment for this; it's usually 1v2 or 3, and everyone's higher level than me). Had some really incredibly satisfying encounters there; it's probably my favorite place to invade.

I was invading in Dukes last night with him. It's pretty satisfying to win there when you're level 15 facing much more powerful opponents. I trapped two dudes near that one annoying crystal golem in the caves (the only one who doesnt respawn). The golem was in front of them, I'm behind them throwing chaos fireballs. Ahahaha.

Of course I'd lose if I was straight up dueling, but for me invasions and dueling PVP are different sides of the same coin. Just want to make it clear I'm not a jerk like that in dueling areas :p I also opened up all the shortcuts for one dude when I was invading. He killed me (pretty slick too, he was hiding around a corner and pushed me off a ledge in the jail room), and i messaged him saying I unlocked the shortcut to the caves. He didn't know what I was talking about. I checked his trophies and he never beat Seath, and then I felt bad like I ruined the game in some way for him. Oh well. I should stop assuming everyone I fight is on their Nth playthrough.

Speaking of Duke's, now that's a hard section for a low level character. Of course I can run through the level avoiding the enemies, but fighting them methodically is tough. Some really devious enemy placements here - I appreciate Duke's more every playthrough.

Of the 20 plus times I have gone through the Bed of Chaos boss, I have only managed to beat it once without dying. One of the best feelings in the game. I have managed to beat it many times just dying once, but overall, a fucked-up boss anyway you slice it.

As for the 4 kings. This is perhaps my hardest boss to beat at a very low level. I have managed to do it a few times but only after many many failed attempts. You have to learn their attack patterns and time each jump perfectly if you are going to have any success with this boss. Lowest SL defeating 4 kings is perhaps around SL 18 using a +5 lightning claymore.

Yeah, same, I believe I only beat Bed of Chaos in one try *once*, and some times with only dying once (most likely while trying to drop on that fucking root). 4 Kings weren't *too* bad, I had havel's on and could barely move, but still enough to avoid attacks, cause you can't just eat the hits like you can at a higher SL. But yeah, not much room for error, believe it took a few tries.

Soulhouf

Yeah I beat 4 Kings, that character is a darkwraith. At SL15 you can invade anywhere. I'm not one of those assholes invading the burg with a lightning weapon, but it's cool to keep the option open to invade there, and I use appropriate equipment/weapons if i go there. I spent so much time invading in Sen's Fortess with that character (I use good equipment for this; it's usually 1v2 or 3, and everyone's higher level than me). Had some really incredibly satisfying encounters there; it's probably my favorite place to invade.

I was invading in Dukes last night with him. It's pretty satisfying to win there when you're level 15 facing much more powerful opponents. I trapped two dudes near that one annoying crystal golem in the caves (the only one who doesnt respawn). The golem was in front of them, I'm behind them throwing chaos fireballs. Ahahaha.

Of course I'd lose if I was straight up dueling, but for me invasions and dueling PVP are different sides of the same coin. Just want to make it clear I'm not a jerk like that in dueling areas :p I also opened up all the shortcuts for one dude when I was invading. He killed me (pretty slick too, he was hiding around a corner and pushed me off a ledge in the jail room), and i messaged him saying I unlocked the shortcut to the caves. He didn't know what I was talking about. I checked his trophies and he never beat Seath, and then I felt bad like I ruined the game in some way for him. Oh well. I should stop assuming everyone I fight is on their Nth playthrough.

Same here except I also invade the Burg and depending on the player I find my reaction is different. When it's obviously a beginner, I don't fight him. I observe how he plays and depending on the situation I help (I give moss if he is poisoned by the rats for example or give him materials/weapon, open the shortcut if he didn't kill the dragon) and use my black soap stone to return home. I received many messages of people thanking me after that. When I think about it, when you invade someone and don't kill him, you prevent other invasions of these assholes griefing players to occur. So that's alone is helpful.
And that's a lot of fun!

It's of course completely different when I run into some well equipped players. In that case I don't hold myself anymore and try my best to kill him.

Evolved1

Lol... the parrying dagger is like easy mode after I've been using dual bandit knives...

I have to say that the rouge character I'm playing is pretty fun, but there are times when you really need a shield. Sometimes the game puts you in tight spots w/ enemies who have attacks that cant be parried and you don't have any room to roll... kind of a bummer to lose a bunch of souls/progress that way.

Also... this is probably nothing new for you pros, but I've finally realized this playthrough that the lock on mechanic is best used sparingly. I think it was always a crutch for me, and now I see that you only need it in certain situations. Never knew you could basically "aim" your swings if you aren't locked on. Pretty neat.

Same here except I also invade the Burg and depending on the player I find my reaction is different. When it's obviously a beginner, I don't fight him. I observe how he plays and depending on the situation I help (I give moss if he is poisoned by the rats for example or give him materials/weapon, open the shortcut if he didn't kill the dragon) and use my black soap stone to return home. I received many messages of people thanking me after that. When I think about it, when you invade someone and don't kill him, you prevent other invasions of these assholes griefing players to occur. So that's alone is helpful.
And that's a lot of fun!

It's of course completely different when I run into some well equipped players. In that case I don't hold myself anymore and try my best to kill him.

Guys like you and Sulli make the online stuff fun. There's nothing wrong with adversarial pvp combat... it's even fun to get your butt kicked once in a while by someone invading... as long as it seems you had a fighting chance. Unfortunately, this game is balanced/glitched to allow exploitation and imbalance.

But nothing new here... I mean people have been ganking online forever... just kind of sucks that their asshole antics makes most new people stay hollow. So there's less jolly online co-operation. And people who do turn human have an even higher chance of getting invaded. I mean, this most recent character, I can't go two mins w/o an invader.

Sullichin

Lol... the parrying dagger is like easy mode after I've been using dual bandit knives...

I have to say that the rouge character I'm playing is pretty fun, but there are times when you really need a shield. Sometimes the game puts you in tight spots w/ enemies who have attacks that cant be parried and you don't have any room to roll... kind of a bummer to lose a bunch of souls/progress that way.

Also... this is probably nothing new for you pros, but I've finally realized this playthrough that the lock on mechanic is best used sparingly. I think it was always a crutch for me, and now I see that you only need it in certain situations. Never knew you could basically "aim" your swings if you aren't locked on. Pretty neat.

Guys like you and Sulli make the online stuff fun. There's nothing wrong with adversarial pvp combat... it's even fun to get your butt kicked once in a while by someone invading... as long as it seems you had a fighting chance. Unfortunately, this game is balanced/glitched to allow exploitation and imbalance.

But nothing new here... I mean people have been ganking online forever... just kind of sucks that their asshole antics makes most new people stay hollow. So there's less jolly online co-operation. And people who do turn human have an even higher chance of getting invaded. I mean, this most recent character, I can't go two mins w/o an invader.

If you wanna play through the game without using a shield, I highly suggest using the dark wood grain ring if you're not already. In situations like the bolded, try to roll or flip right through enemy attacks, it works if you time it right. For example i roll through the AL archer's arrow every time. I wish there was some sort of benefit for going <25% weight without the dwgr over <50% with it (there's not right?), as it is this ring is way too good. And yeah, it took me way too long to fully realize when I should be using lock on or not. First time through locking onto Seath made things way harder than they needed to be.

Guevara

The best tips I got in regards to playing playing Dark Souls as a melee character:

Don't lock on by default, this isn't Zelda

Roll through attacks. Even when it looks like it shouldn't work, it often does.

Even going 95% melee, you should still carry a viable longer distance weapon to pull. I just carry cheap wood arrows most of the time.

M.D

Can you use a soul boss that has two options twice or just once? For example, can I use the Soul of Sif to make both the Great Shield and Great Sword in the same playthrough?

Booshka

Spent a ton of time invading on my level 61 Darkwraith, using the Large Club +15 with Thorn Helm +5, Dark Armor +5, and Havel's Leggings and Gauntlets. With 40 Endurance and the FaP ring I can do flip rolls with DWGR. The rolling smash attack of the Clubs is amazing, and when you combo it with a piece of Thorn armor, you can do some real damage. The gear gives me 78 poise so I dont get staggered, I can trade a hit then roll away. A lot of players are getting caught by my "roll past you then slam backwards" move. It works all the time, they think they have an advantage then BAM! they get blasted by a slam.

I originally made the character for DGM, and I can still go back to it, but I have to go down to 56 poise and I was getting a little bored of it, since I use it on another character almost exclusively.

M.D

If you're on PS3 I can probably give it to you. There's two Greatswords of Artorias, btw. And the greatshield

Check your inbox :)

I have some questions

How many humanities will it take to kindle all the bonfires in the game to max? I

Where has Big Hat Logan gone? I killed Seath before freeing him from his cell, and now his not in his cell or the room your first encounter Seath in

I went to Lost Izle using the shortcut, but never seen Solaire on that bridge.
I then went to join the sunbros covenant and he was standing there.. I went to Lost Izle again, but he's still standing there, praising the sun as he always does :)

Why the hell are slabs so rare in this game?!

Soulhouf

Why the hell are slabs so rare in this game?!

That what makes them so valuable. They would loose their value if they weren't rare.
I wish Twinkling titanite remained as before the 1.04 patch (you couldn't purchase them). They are supposed to be rare and the only way to upgrade unique equipments, but now they are not unique anymore since theses materials are too common now.

elohel

That what makes them so valuable. They would loose their value if they weren't rare.
I wish Twinkling titanite remained as before the 1.04 patch (you couldn't purchase them). They are supposed to be rare and the only way to upgrade unique equipments, but now they are not unique anymore since theses materials are too common now.

i agree i really wish they'd kept it rare

though i did love upgrading my weapons lol

M.D

I started playing after the latest patch came out so I wouldn't know :)

I just want to upgrade some weapons to +15 :<

Also, I just realized I have no idea what Talismans and Catalysts are used for
I think Catalysts are for magic, right? but are Talismans for Miracles? Do I have to hold one to cast a Miracle?

So I was thinking of making a dex character and hopefully have it viable for PVP cause I do like it but I read you are better off dumping it into endurance and vitality because lightning damage makes stacking dexterity a waste?

True or false?

I would love love an assassin character but I also plan to pvp a bit and don't want to get utterly destroyed by builds I can't compete with. So any advice would be nice.

I started playing after the latest patch came out so I wouldn't know :)

I just want to upgrade some weapons to +15 :<

Also, I just realized I have no idea what Talismans and Catalysts are used for
I think Catalysts are for magic, right? but are Talismans for Miracles? Do I have to hold one to cast a Miracle?

Catalysts are for magic, Talismans are for miracles. Yes you have to hold a Talisman to cast miracles. Same for magic.
So I was thinking of making a dex character and hopefully have it viable for PVP cause I do like it but I read you are better off dumping it into endurance and vitality because lightning damage makes stacking dexterity a waste?

True or false?

I would love love an assassin character but I also plan to pvp a bit and don't want to get utterly destroyed by builds I can't compete with. So any advice would be nice.
And yes, you are right. Lightning weapons does not stack with stats.
Check here for detailed info:
http://darksouls.wikidot.com/claymore

Booshka

True or false?

I have a Dex Pyro character that works out very well in PvP. I use the Chaos Blade +5 and some Pyromancy. I took my Dex to 45 for excellent scaling on the Chaos Blade and for quicker casting times on my pyromancy. The other two katanas have A Scaling in Dex at +15 so if you level your Dex to 40 they will do about 400 dmg of pure physical. If you want you can also level Faith or Intelligence and buff your weapon as well. Elemental weapons are good if you want to keep your level lower because you wont have to level weapon stats. But, if you are fighting higher level characters, those elemental weapons wont do too much damage.

M.D

Catalysts are for magic, Talismans are for miracles. Yes you have to hold a Talisman to cast miracles. Same for magic.

And yes, you are right. Lightning weapons does not stack with stats.
Check here for detailed info:
http://darksouls.wikidot.com/claymore

So.. Now I'll have to switch between my weapon, my pyro hand and a Talisman? Great lol

I guess I'm just about done with the game.. I've kindled the bonfires I want except those that you don't really need like the ones in the area where you defeat Nito or Seath

I'll upgrade some weapons, maybe some armor.. also, try to farm some slabs and souls, and.. NG+
Not sure if I'll play right away.. I think I need to give this game (and myself) a rest for a while :p

Also, I want to thank Sullichin for giving me the Greatsword of Artorias :)
You're awesome!

BTW...

I'm worried about my PS3.
Yesterday, my game just started freezing randomly. Not in blight town or whatever, just randomly as I'm walking somewhere. every time this happens I'm like "There goes my PS3 and my save!"
I know this game has a lot of frame rate issues, but this never happened to me before.

Did this ever happen to someone?

I haven't played any other game since yesterday, so I don't know if this issue has to do with my PS3 or the game.

I think I'll backup my saves.. just in case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom