• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Hi guys,

First time through the game - Just made it to Anor Londo. I've not really had too much trouble so far, but just wanted to see if you guys had any recommendations before I go further?

My character is SL42 with the following stats;

Vitality: 18
Attunement: 14
Endurance: 22
Strength: 18
Dexterity: 18
Resistance: 10
Intelligence: 12
Faith: 11

I've currently got the following equipped;

Right Hand - Shortsword +8 / Pyromancy Flame +6 or a Longbow +3
Left Hand - Spider Shield +1

Elite Knight Helm +2
Chain Armor +2
Black Leather Gloves
Crimson Waistcloth

Havel's Ring
Ring of the Evil Eye (swap this for the Rusted Iron Ring depending on terrain)

I've rang both bells and finished Sen's Fortress, The Depths, Blighttown, Darkroot Garden/Basin, went back to the Undead Asylum and I think i've killed all the bosses available at the moment(except Sif, I think i'll go kill him next)

I spend most of my time Hollowed and haven't really been using the online features very much so far, the only boss i've needed help with was the Gargoyles, and Solaire distracting one of them was enough.

I'm guessing the game is about to get harder at this point though, so before I venture further into Anor Londo I just wanted you guys opinion on if i'm really underpowered for this point in the game. I really like having the light armor as moving quickly has been key to my playstyle so far.
I'd try to find or upgrade a better weapon. And then, get it to +10 or above, at the very least. The boss for Anor Londo is a gear check of sorts - without a good weapon, it'll be tougher than it'd normally be.

I got past the snipers in Anor Londo, it all went quite smoothly actually. It helped watching a youtube let's play first so I knew to get the knight to fall off the ledge - like clockwork.

Also the
secret room with Havel's armour in is really evil because it's dark and you are expecting lots of enemies! I was really cautious walking around the room, securing the perimeter!

It was all going pretty well until I got invaded and they one-hit killed me before I could quit! - sorry for not being in the spirit of things, but I'd rather not deal with getting one-hit killed when I'm in an area for the first time - I was only human so I could kindle the bonfire :/

Yeah, Anor Londo sucks for that. You're pretty much screwed if you run through the entire thing as human. Better to clear the path to the bosses, then head back through the shortcuts to go human again.

If you do, make sure to grab a partner from the bonfire. But then again some people might not stick around to help you the long way around.

Yesterday I started to really get into the multiplayer aspect of the game in Anor Londo. Having previously only done the occasional summoning to defeat a boss as a human I decided to give the white soapstones a chance for once. From the small bonfire room in Anor Londo I got into at least a dozen interesting parties. For some reason it brought back fond memories of FF XI. It was really exciting and unlike how I had been playing the game before. I have been gaining tons of Souls off of beating the surrounding knights and Ornstein and Smough. But I still need to successfully beat them as a human.

The constant invasions were kind of scary, but satisfying when we won. I didn't even know all this stuff was going on as I had been playing primarily solo.

Sajjaja

I decided to start invading in the gargoyle area for the first time with the 4 cracked red eye orbs I found, but I could never find myself to be dishonorable in a fight, and that's why I lost all 4 invasions xD

I had the opportunity to backstab an afk guy, but instead i waited till he came back, I waved, then he ran into the boss fog :(

Then I happened to invade some twink which sucked cause I got 1 shot, then some other fucker decided to summon another player to help him which left me with no chance....

It's so angering, especially with the lag :(

Jarlaxle

I disagree because the sound is very important when you explore. You identify enemies/invaders by the sound they make.
That's one of the big assets of this game and if they put music everywhere, it will ruin the experience.

I hear you and I do get it. I played Demon's Souls and finished it. I just would like something soft in the background. Anything, to blot out the sounds of these thing's hunting me. It's driving me insane. :)

Canova

Banned
Yesterday I started to really get into the multiplayer aspect of the game in Anor Londo. Having previously only done the occasional summoning to defeat a boss as a human I decided to give the white soapstones a chance for once. From the small bonfire room in Anor Londo I got into at least a dozen interesting parties. For some reason it brought back fond memories of FF XI. It was really exciting and unlike how I had been playing the game before. I have been gaining tons of Souls off of beating the surrounding knights and Ornstein and Smough. But I still need to successfully beat them as a human.

The constant invasions were kind of scary, but satisfying when we won. I didn't even know all this stuff was going on as I had been playing primarily solo.

Co-op can be very addicting. Try other areas too, but you have to know which area for which soul levels to be summoned easily

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I hear you and I do get it. I played Demon's Souls and finished it. I just would like something soft in the background. Anything, to blot out the sounds of these thing's hunting me. It's driving me insane. :)

lovecraft is smiling somewhere in the ether

okno

Started a Pyromancer game about two months ago when I got my PS3, but got distracted by Skyrim and work (six day work weeks are really great), and have now been spending all of my free time this past week playing (which hasn't been very much). Did Undead Burg, killed the Taurus Demon, then went after the Gargoyles and now just finished off the Moonlight Butterfly (fun battle, super easy, found a way to make it go into a loop and just pecked it off from the side). Went down into the lower Undead Burg and attempted the Capra Demon and... yeah. I don't think I need to level up more to beat him, but good god he's such an asshole.

I went into Dark Souls a little weary, because I heard people poo-pooing it and saying it wasn't as good as Demon's Souls, but I'm finding myself getting the same itch with Dark as I did with Demon's, and really prefer Dark Souls quite a bit. I really love the seamless nature of the world, it's fantastic. Up to this point, I have cheated a little and used a guide to get me ahead, but I'm going guideless from now on. Traveled down to the Valley of Drakes and killed the zombie dragon, stoked to try out Astora's Sword (only have 12 faith). Right now I'm using a +2 Gargoyle's Tail Axe, which I'm sure isn't the best thing I could be using, but it serves me quick well.

On that note, it's time for me to go do some farming.

Trying to beat NG+ Orstein solo. Tried couple of times and came quite close. That area of effect lightning attack is bullshit though.

I also got almost all the boss weapons now (missing cursed Greats, of Astorias). One more trophy for plat.

Sullichin

Just sit at them once. But only a handful are accessible that way.

To add to that, all of the bonfires that have fire keepers and the ones associated with covenants are warpable. The selection seems a bit weird at first but that's the logic.

There's actually ambient music in most areas. Really love the ambience of blighttown and Sens.
Trying to beat NG+ Orstein solo. Tried couple of times and came quite close. That area of effect lightning attack is bullshit though.

I also got almost all the boss weapons now (missing cursed Greats, of Astorias). One more trophy for plat.

NG+ solo super ornstein is an intense fight. I suggest using dung pies or poison throwing knives so you can chip away at his health even when it's not safe to attack. the longer the fight lasts the more likely you'll get killed by that lightning smash or impale.

krakov

It's quite safe to block the lightning I think. A lot safer than evading most of the time. The grab is awfully random though.

NG+ solo super ornstein is an intense fight. I suggest using dung pies or poison throwing knives so you can chip away at his health even when it's not safe to attack. the longer the fight lasts the more likely you'll get killed by that lightning smash or impale.

I agree! I am thinking about using crossbow to deal damage between the hits if I can't win it melee only, but I guess those would be better...

It's quite safe to block the lightning I think. A lot safer than evading most of the time. The grab is awfully random though.

For me it's pretty random, sometimes it only drains some of my stamina, sometimes full stamina and some health and sometimes it just devastates me to ~10% of health even with near full stamina bar. There's something funky about this game and AOE attacks (like with Drake's firejump thing that can be a instakill on any level/equipment/puffs)

Difficulty of solo Ornstein on any NG depends on whether you have the DWGR or not, imo.

It sure makes things easier! Lock on is still deadly :/

2AdEPT

Hi guys,

First time through the game - Just made it to Anor Londo. I've not really had too much trouble so far, but just wanted to see if you guys had any recommendations before I go further?

My character is SL42 with the following stats;

Vitality: 18
Attunement: 14
Endurance: 22
Strength: 18
Dexterity: 18
Resistance: 10
Intelligence: 12
Faith: 11

I've currently got the following equipped;

Right Hand - Shortsword +8 / Pyromancy Flame +6 or a Longbow +3
Left Hand - Spider Shield +1

Elite Knight Helm +2
Chain Armor +2
Black Leather Gloves
Crimson Waistcloth

Havel's Ring
Ring of the Evil Eye (swap this for the Rusted Iron Ring depending on terrain)

I've rang both bells and finished Sen's Fortress, The Depths, Blighttown, Darkroot Garden/Basin, went back to the Undead Asylum and I think i've killed all the bosses available at the moment(except Sif, I think i'll go kill him next)

I spend most of my time Hollowed and haven't really been using the online features very much so far, the only boss i've needed help with was the Gargoyles, and Solaire distracting one of them was enough.

I'm guessing the game is about to get harder at this point though, so before I venture further into Anor Londo I just wanted you guys opinion on if i'm really underpowered for this point in the game. I really like having the light armor as moving quickly has been key to my playstyle so far.

I don't beleive that there is a better all around light armour in the game than the gold hemmed set for early to mid game....certainly I used Ornsteins more once I beat those bosses, and loved the darkwraith set for its looks. Both sets are non-upgradable so it won't top out as good for NG+ but nothaving to grind to level these sets is favourable. THe gold hemmed set is top rank for both poison and fire which makes it pretty good, but add decent protection as well and its a no-brainer to at least have on hand for trading off with your main set. I realize there are other sets like the ninja set that look cooler, but the gold hemmed set was accessable to you as soon as you killed queeelag and is still accessable if you go back down there.
Taking the set from the first stage of demon's ruins triggers the ceasless discharge boss whom you can ignore fighting if you wish by running away or even homeward boning once you get the set.
It would only take you 5 minutes to run down there and if you don't use the bonfires on the way you can still homeward bone all the way back to ANor Londo!

edit: Upgrading the the armour you have is ok, and I understand htat the knight helm increasees poise and raise your burden as a result....but sporting a waistcloththat far?....??......? is just masochism when the black leather set, or even the crimson set with its high curse resistance are very light and available. THere are lots of other lightwieght options besides waistcloth.

Mike M

Nick N
To add to that, all of the bonfires that have fire keepers and the ones associated with covenants are warpable. The selection seems a bit weird at first but that's the logic.
Altar of the Gravelord as a warp spot makes precious little sense, since it only appears once it's no longer possible to ever interact with that covenant again. Should have either been there from your first visit, or given access to the ToG, as it is, it's almost utterly worthless. It can maaaaybe shave a little time on getting to Vamos, provided the casket's there in the chamber with you.

krakov

Pretty sure the casket isnt even there. It's pretty obvious some parts of the game wasnt properly finished. Also, you can't warp to at least one of the other covenants.

Guevara

Pretty sure the casket isnt even there. It's pretty obvious some parts of the game wasnt properly finished. Also, you can't warp to at least one of the other covenants.

I wish you could warp to
the Forest
. I don't even spend much time with that covenant, it would just be convenient. Were there any others?

Mike M

Nick N

I don't know if it's incomplete so much as really poorly thought out. I get they were trying for a different flavor of covenant or something, but it's perhaps a little *too* unique. Should have settled for "It's necessary to kill the covenant leader to proceed" and left it at that if they wanted something different.

MechaX

Dat Anor Londo is still breath-taking every time I enter it.

Man, I can't wait for my friend's rage when he hits the Anor Londo Archers, let alone O&S. With that said, he kinda has been leveling the fuck out of his character (and I haven't even told him about the Darkwood Forest Cliff method yet).

MechaX

What's the big deal with the Anor Londo archers anyway? Just...sprint?

A lot of people try to take the cautious way out, which is understandable, and really just get bogged down by arrows. For some others, the Silver Knight on the ledge doesn't fall, but eventually pushes the player back (sometimes because they don't have the endurance or a good shield) to the point where the other archer can actually hit him.

I just said "Hell naw" my first time and rushed them, hoping for the best. I didn't even care if the left archer was guarding an item or something.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I feel a bit guilty. I was heading to New Londo through Valley of the Drakes to help a friend with my summon sign and one of the Darkwraith's I killed dropped a titanite slab. I wasn't even trying for one!

On the bright side for people who actually farm them and never get a single one, statistically that'll probably be the only one I ever get, haha.

Speaking of summoning, I've seen that jolly cooperation image but I'm finding it hard to get a lot of co-op going lately. SL 85 and I put my sign in Demon Ruins and New Londo but I hardly have any takers. What gives?

I recently got Dark Souls, and I've been having a great time. I'm not very far into the game, but the difficulty seems like it's been a bit overstated, probably by impatient people. Anyway, I had something happen in Dark Souls that I thought was just amazing. I'm sure there are tons of stories like this, but I wanted to share it anyway.

I've been playing fairly cautiously so far; I'm only in the Undead Burg but I've been taking my time and running back to the bonfire to level up whenever I had enough souls. I noticed I had a few humanity points, so I reverted from the hollow form for the first time. There was a summon mark nearby, so I of course used it. This crazy looking guy with a huge head covered in a sack and no shirt appears wielding the biggest sword I've ever seen in a video game. He's clearly a total badass; I witnessed him run into a group of three dudes and kill all of them with a single swing of his sword. He then proceeds to give me a guided tour of the Undead Burg in which he slays all of the absurd enemies like that black knight under the stairs with the trap and that crazy fucking shogun thing at the bottom of the tower before the Taurus demon. It was incredible to just watch him demolish these things that I couldn't even scratch.

Emboldened by his presence, and perhaps out of some inherent laziness, I traversed the white mist to fight the Taurus Demon for the first time. I had seen videos of this guy before the game came out, so I knew he was maybe a little beyond my current skill level. Whatever, I thought, my awesome new buddy can take care of him. All is going according to plan when we enter the boss area: he climbs the ladder and takes out the archer guys and I begin to run forward to trigger the boss. As I'm running towards the other side, I spin the camera around and notice that the badass is just standing at the top of the tower looking at me. Did he plan to just watch me fight the Taurus Demon?

Yes. By now I'm locked into combat with the boss, peppering him with bombs and fireballs alongside the occasional spear thrust, and the guy is just standing on the tower watching. As I'm fighting, the Taurus Demon has pushed me back. I've somehow gotten him down to 1/4 health, but my back is literally against the wall. I clumsily slip past him and turn around to continue the fight when all of a sudden my buddy, perhaps deeming me as someone who has passed his test, leaps from the tower and pretty much cleaves the Taurus Demon in two. Now, obviously Dark Souls doesn't have vertical bifurcation, but I like to imagine that, as the Taurus Demon dissolved into white light, awesome guy had split him into two discrete pieces with a single mighty blow. As I realized that I had obtained my first real victory, I realize that my buddy was gone. Still just a wandering soul, he vanished.

Partnerships in Dark Souls don't last long, but those fleeting moments of camaraderie are still very important, especially to people who are just starting out. I'm sure people in this thread have done what awesome guy did in my game (maybe one of you was my badass buddy!), and I'd just like to let you know that I really appreciate it.

And, clearly it goes without saying, but Dark Souls is pretty fucking incredible.

joe2187

Banned
It's sad to me that so many people are missing out on such an amazing game because of it's over-exxagerated reputation for being difficult.

Welcome to Dark souls man.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I recently got Dark Souls, and I've been having a great time. I'm not very far into the game, but the difficulty seems like it's been a bit overstated, probably by impatient people. Anyway, I had something happen in Dark Souls that I thought was just amazing. I'm sure there are tons of stories like this, but I wanted to share it anyway.

I've been playing fairly cautiously so far; I'm only in the Undead Burg but I've been taking my time and running back to the bonfire to level up whenever I had enough souls. I noticed I had a few humanity points, so I reverted from the hollow form for the first time. There was a summon mark nearby, so I of course used it. This crazy looking guy with a huge head covered in a sack and no shirt appears wielding the biggest sword I've ever seen in a video game. He's clearly a total badass; I witnessed him run into a group of three dudes and kill all of them with a single swing of his sword. He then proceeds to give me a guided tour of the Undead Burg in which he slays all of the absurd enemies like that black knight under the stairs with the trap and that crazy fucking shogun thing at the bottom of the tower before the Taurus demon. It was incredible to just watch him demolish these things that I couldn't even scratch.

Emboldened by his presence, and perhaps out of some inherent laziness, I traversed the white mist to fight the Taurus Demon for the first time. I had seen videos of this guy before the game came out, so I knew he was maybe a little beyond my current skill level. Whatever, I thought, my awesome new buddy can take care of him. All is going according to plan when we enter the boss area: he climbs the ladder and takes out the archer guys and I begin to run forward to trigger the boss. As I'm running towards the other side, I spin the camera around and notice that the badass is just standing at the top of the tower looking at me. Did he plan to just watch me fight the Taurus Demon?

Yes. By now I'm locked into combat with the boss, peppering him with bombs and fireballs alongside the occasional spear thrust, and the guy is just standing on the tower watching. As I'm fighting, the Taurus Demon has pushed me back. I've somehow gotten him down to 1/4 health, but my back is literally against the wall. I clumsily slip past him and turn around to continue the fight when all of a sudden my buddy, perhaps deeming me as someone who has passed his test, leaps from the tower and pretty much cleaves the Taurus Demon in two. Now, obviously Dark Souls doesn't have vertical bifurcation, but I like to imagine that, as the Taurus Demon dissolved into white light, awesome guy had split him into two discrete pieces with a single mighty blow. As I realized that I had obtained my first real victory, I realize that my buddy was gone. Still just a wandering soul, he vanished.

Partnerships in Dark Souls don't last long, but those fleeting moments of camaraderie are still very important, especially to people who are just starting out. I'm sure people in this thread have done what awesome guy did in my game (maybe one of you was my badass buddy!), and I'd just like to let you know that I really appreciate it.

And, clearly it goes without saying, but Dark Souls is pretty fucking incredible.

I don't want to ruin it for you... but the veteran was just expecting you to draw the demon (run back) back to the ladder so he could OHK drop attack him.

He was probably wondering what the heck you were doing and content to watch you. Probably would have come down if he thought you were in too much trouble.

Also, it's kind of funny that you comment on the game's lack of difficulty not having defeated the black knight or first boss yourself. I'm not saying you're right or wrong, just that maybe you aren't in the best position to cast judgement yet... especially since the upper burg is seriously the easiest part of the game.

Still... the cool thing about these games is the emergent narrative. They give you a little bit of story and you fill in the rest with your experiences and interpretation... very neat. And a little different for everyone.

edit: it was fun to read your post... just making that clear in case my reply came off a little dickish. reading it back, that was not my intent.

I don't want to ruin it for you... but the veteran was just expecting you to draw the demon (run back) back to the ladder so he could OHK drop attack him.

He was probably wondering what the heck you were doing and content to watch you. Probably would have come down if he thought you were in too much trouble.

Also, it's kind of funny that you comment on the game's lack of difficulty not having defeated the black knight or first boss yourself. I'm not saying you're right or wrong, just that maybe you aren't in the best position to cast judgement yet... especially since the upper burg is seriously the easiest part of the game.

Still... the cool thing about these games is the emergent narrative. They give you a little bit of story and you fill in the rest with your experiences and interpretation... very neat. And a little different for everyone.

Eh. Dark Souls's difficulty is mostly memetic.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

For the most part, I agree. But it has its moments. Sometimes it can be a real bitch, especially if you force level/equip limitations on yourself.

Does one hit killing the demon get you a loot or a trophy or something? No matter what his motivation was, it was seriously super cool when it happened, so I think I can forgive a little selfishness for giving me that experience.

Anyway, regarding the difficulty, I only said that because most of the stuff I've heard about this game and Demon's Souls is how insurmountable the initial learning curve is. That's simply false; caution goes a long way in mitigating any early troubles. I have no doubt that it gets super hard later on, and I'm pretty excited to eat humble pie.

And, dude, I totally could have beaten the first boss! He only hit me once, and I blocked it. Black Knight would have probably wrecked my shit, though.

Canova

Banned

Nice story.

if you stick with the game, you'll have many more stories like that to tell. This game has so much depth like you wouldn't believe

Dont be afraid to play as human, or drop your own summon sign to help other players

Sullichin

But the fact that it became a meme implies that many people who played it found it difficult. Of course difficulty is subjective, but I think it's a really tough game. it's pretty unforgiving of mistakes compared to most games. I certainly found some parts of my first play through to be extremely hard. I found that I gradually hit several different plateaus of proficiency in being good at this game. And even when you think you've mastered it, like Evolved said you can always challenge yourself by limiting your gear or level.

Booshka

Absolutely loving my Slash and Burn build. Have Chaos Blade and Balder side sword in my right hand then Grass shield and Pyromancy in left. 45 Dex Pyro is beast mode, mix up slicing with my blade in my right hand then blasting combustion with my left, you can combo it really well, punishes stunlockers and players that bait and parry as well. I use the Bellowing Dragoncrest ring to boost my Pyro, then switch to Red Tearstone when I am weak. Works splendidly, also when I am weak I switch to Balder side so as not to kill myself with the Chaos Blade. Really loving this build, and winning almost all of my fights.

ijed

awesome new buddy

awesome story :D One of my hosts in burg last night summoned a dude with eggs on his head who OHK'd Taurus with firestorm!

That said even though I'm using all legit weapons on my sl12 guy I try to tone it back a bit when I get summoned in burg - usually a magic longsword +5 (fire longsword+5 is prob a little OP'd and chaos great scythe is definately OP'd but will pull it out if the host gets invaded or wants to do havel :D)

I also ran through Sen's and Anor last night with him, using NPC's on the bosses (poor Solaire didn't make it through S+O tho). I was gravelording in burg for a bit but I've switched to Darkmoon covenant and will see how that goes - figure new players won't have any sins so they'll be free from vengance. Also I was dropping eye of death, waiting around and if there were no bites I'd drop summon stone - seems like as soon as I get summoned it stops the gravelord effects from what I gather.

I finally got together a group and killed Ornstein and Smough today. The reward of
being able to warp between bonfires
was a welcome addition. Now I am not sure where to go. I recognized the red gate that got opened in Anor Londo, but the other two I am unsure about. Any hints? The Anor Londo one has been brutalizing me with that boar.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I managed to kill The Four Kings, bloody pain that boss.

I gave up trying to summon, as the first guy did not equip ring and thus died on the fall, my next summon ran off and was never seen again.

In the end, I used the npc summon, the witch lady and went to town.

I really wish there was a closer bonfire, the biggest pain was having to do that corpse run.

Time to go after the other 3 lords, I wish I knew that you could kill them in any order before bursting a blood vessel on the four kings heh.

Daigoro

Absolutely loving my Slash and Burn build. Have Chaos Blade and Balder side sword in my right hand then Grass shield and Pyromancy in left. 45 Dex Pyro is beast mode, mix up slicing with my blade in my right hand then blasting combustion with my left, you can combo it really well, punishes stunlockers and players that bait and parry as well. I use the Bellowing Dragoncrest ring to boost my Pyro, then switch to Red Tearstone when I am weak. Works splendidly, also when I am weak I switch to Balder side so as not to kill myself with the Chaos Blade. Really loving this build, and winning almost all of my fights.

how do you switch rings while in combat? sounds hard. didnt even know you could really use Pyro flove on the other hand. crazy.

this game is crazy deep. ive ready so many tips and tricks here over the past few weeks that i will never even remember, much less ever get to try out.

Booshka

how do you switch rings while in combat? sounds hard. didnt even know you could really use Pyro flove on the other hand. crazy.

this game is crazy deep. ive ready so many tips and tricks here over the past few weeks that i will never even remember, much less ever get to try out.

I put all the rings that I use right next to each other in my inventory so I can switch easily. It's not too tough, but you gotta step back and avoid the other player while you switch, sometimes I get caught doing it, or they run away and heal and I can't quickly punish, but it usually works and is beneficial.

Daigoro

I put all the rings that I use right next to each other in my inventory so I can switch easily. It's not too tough, but you gotta step back and avoid the other player while you switch, sometimes I get caught doing it, or they run away and heal and I can't quickly punish, but it usually works and is beneficial.

crazy. ive got them lined up like that for boss fights and other circumstances, but i would be too scared to go into the menu while PvPing. just takes confidence and familiarity i guess.

So I don't want to give the Lordvessel to Frampt, but I want to get invaded by Leeroy, do I just fall down the Frampt pit and place the Lordvessel?

PS: Tomb of Giants is awful.

ijed

I finally got together a group and killed Ornstein and Smough today. The reward of
being able to warp between bonfires
was a welcome addition. Now I am not sure where to go. I recognized the red gate that got opened in Anor Londo, but the other two I am unsure about. Any hints? The Anor Londo one has been brutalizing me with that boar.

Roast dat boar
s
Have you done painted world yet? New Londo Ruins? Demon Ruins? Tomb of Giants? Darkroot Basin? Find the path of least resistance :)

I managed to kill The Four Kings, bloody pain that boss.

I gave up trying to summon, as the first guy did not equip ring and thus died on the fall, my next summon ran off and was never seen again.

In the end, I used the npc summon, the witch lady and went to town.

I really wish there was a closer bonfire, the biggest pain was having to do that corpse run.

Time to go after the other 3 lords, I wish I knew that you could kill them in any order before bursting a blood vessel on the four kings heh.

There is quick shortcut after draining the waters past the 2 ghost in the beginning.

Roast dat boar
s
Have you done painted world yet? New Londo Ruins? Demon Ruins? Tomb of Giants? Darkroot Basin? Find the path of least resistance :)

I am aware of the location of all of those but the Painted World, which I have never heard of. I am gonna go back to those places you listed and see if I can find anything interesting. I guess I should start from there and not spoil myself too much trying to find specifics. Thanks.

joe2187

Banned
I dont know what happened to my Lord Gywn soul and my Gwyndolin soul, I never used them or accidently used them I know that, but they're no longer in my inventory!!

What the hell man.

Mike M

Nick N

Bellowing Dragoncrest works on pyromancy? Thought it was exclusive to sorcery.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

You should join a convenant and start invading, it really changes what you think about the game. I'd recommend darkmoon covenant, there's no penalty in getting your ass kicked when you invade and you get the blue eye orb right off the bat to get your wet feet in the pvp. watch it, though, sometimes you'll invade a world where there are 2 or 3 players playing but, oh so satisfying when you manage to pull off the kill :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom