• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My friend thought that it might have been what Seath was crushing in the opening cutscene

Wait, are priscilla and seath related??

the description basically tells you it's
Priscillas

A strange doll in strange dress.

There once was an abomination who had
no place in this world. She clutched this
doll tightly, and eventually was drawn into
a cold and lonely painted world.
She's no abomination. I love her. ~_~

krakov

I hate hate hate selfish players who don't heal their phantoms during the 4K fight.
I tolerate when it's early in the game but at this point there is no excuse.

Very much this. I like helping out with 4K but it's frustrating when there's nothing you can do.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Priscilla is Seath's daughter

Much like the name of Quelaag's sister and everything concerning the pendant, this is pure fanfiction. The game says nothing about her lineage other than
she's part dragon.

My friend thought that it might have been what Seath was crushing in the opening cutscene

I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be
a dragon's scale.

Sullichin

Holy shit i'm finding four kings SL1 really hard. didn't have much of a problem as SL15, but I'm just not catching a break.. they keep using the magic AOE attack so much

Mike M

Nick N
Holy shit i'm finding four kings SL1 really hard.
tumblr_m1d02ioRXI1r88ejho2_500.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Holy shit i'm finding four kings SL1 really hard. didn't have much of a problem as SL15, but I'm just not catching a break.. they keep using the magic AOE attack so much

lol

To me this is

"Help, I can't punch through a wall of diamonds"

Do you like the Black Knight Greataxe and Giant's Armor with a Pinwheel mask? Shit's awesome.

/sarcasm

Just playing, but I've tried to shy away from the FaP ring for most of my builds, I still use flip ring almost all the time, but having another slot to mix up rings is very handy. For strength characters though, FaP ring is almost required.

i've never died to a BKGA yet. Maybe they just didn't know how to use it.

I hardly ever use FAP either. been wearing it on my Sl12 build but since i've got the DWGR and gone full dragon i might ditch it. A friend of mine hasn't taken it off ever on his main, and the health bar makes me go o_O

My current low level NG+2 character (16 str) became a beast since I switched to Chaos Zweihander+5 + power within. I didn't lose a single PvP since.
I beat NG+2 Super Orstein in like 6 or 7 hits.

I think I found the absolute strongest weapon for my level.

On a side note if I add my different characters counter I'm over 600 hours into this game.
This is crazy but it's Dark Souls, what else can I do? Game of the generation for me and I will still play it for additional hundreds of hours and the game still not looking repetitive.
Great job From Software.

holy crap. and i thought my 300+ hours was big. Same thing, my gf asked me the other night "aren't you bored of this game yet?". That was the night I punched some poor sod in the feet till he fell off a ladder into a group of dreglings.

And i've probably mentioned this a few times already but, love chaos weapons. love love love.

Much like the name of Quelaag's sister and everything concerning the pendant, this is pure fanfiction. The game says nothing about her lineage other than
she's part dragon.

There are three known Dragons that are confirmed to have survived the Dragon War, Seath, the one in Ash Lake, and the Gaping Dragon. Of those three, Seath is most likely. The location of the Painted World also points towards Seath. No other Dragon or their crossbreed children would have access to it. It isn't a fact that Seath fathered Priscilla, but the facts imply it. To say "pure fanfiction" is a bit much.

There are three known Dragons that are confirmed to have survived the Dragon War, Seath, the one in Ash Lake, and the Gaping Dragon. Of those three, Seath is most likely. The location of the Painted World also points towards Seath. No other Dragon or their crossbreed children would have access to it. It isn't a fact that Seath fathered Priscilla, but the facts imply it. To say "pure fanfiction" is a bit much.

And they're both pretty white.

Canova

Banned
she's part dragon.

I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be
a dragon's scale.

She's half dragon
She's albino, just like Seath
She's scaleless, just like Seath

way too many coincidences, the game never says she is, but all clues indicate that she's Seath's daughter

MechaX

Fuck fuck fuck, this will teach me not to play the game when I'm tired. Thought I put 3 points in INT so I can actually use greater magic weapon, but I mistakenly put it into Resistance instead. And now my character is ruined!
maybe

But seriously, why did From make Resistance absolutely useless?

Dresden

Fuck fuck fuck, this will teach me not to play the game when I'm tired. Thought I put 3 points in INT so I can actually use greater magic weapon, but I mistakenly put it into Resistance instead. And now my character is ruined!
maybe

It's a trap stat to screw over neophytes and drunks!

But yeah, I still think pyromancy should have scaled with resistance.

Canova

Banned
maybe

you only wasted 3 points, that's nothing

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I really need to learn how to deal with parties when I'm invading, always get my ass kicked when I'm outnumbered.

Error

lovely, just now I fought 2 guys and one of them backstabbed me while I was bowing. I still manage to kick the ass of the host.

Error

is there any place good for one vs one pvp? I'm getting tired of fighting parties in anor londo.

So I've got my Claymore leveled up to +5 Fire. I believe two of the next paths I can take with it(once I get red titanite that is) is to either level up to +6 Fire or +1 Chaos. So my question is, what exactly does Chaos bring to the table? I'm liking Fire so far, and most likely will continue on that path, but I have no idea what the benefits of Chao upgrading are.

Booshka

So I've got my Claymore leveled up to +5 Fire. I believe two of the next paths I can take with it(once I get red titanite that is) is to either level up to +6 Fire or +6 Chaos. So my question is, what exactly does Chaos bring to the table? I'm liking Fire so far, and most likely will continue on that path, but I have no idea what the benefits of Chao upgrading are.

Chaos is a more advanced version of fire, it scales with Humanity and does more fire damage instead of a 50/50 split of Fire and Physical damage. If you are comfortable holding 10 humanity in your counter all the time, you will get more damage out of Chaos +5 than Fire +10.

Chaos is a more advanced version of fire, it scales with Humanity and does more fire damage instead of a 50/50 split of Fire and Physical damage. If you are comfortable holding 10 humanity in your counter all the time, you will get more damage out of Chaos +5 than Fire +10.

Gotcha, thanks.

Error

pvping without a shield is the best, sure you leave yourself open for attacks but I really dislike turtling with a shield it's boring.

2AdEPT

Chaos great scythe still has to be my favourite weapon.....that and the demon spear....that r2 knockdown is so useful at times.......I guess i like having a reach.

Soulhouf

Map Humanity so you can heal with it if necessary.

I used to do but that way I lost many humanities for guys who aren't worth it.
The dude often sit back and since his health is full, he don't give a fuck to heal me while I'm fighting. but he always forget the King who spawn behind him and kill him off guard 3 seconds after I used a humanity to heal.
I wish I could do the look skyward gesture in moments like that.
These dudes don't deserve my humanity or even my help. And that happened to me 3 times last night. To me this is even worse than fighting somebody who uses cheap ways.

On the other hand, especially when I get summoned by Japanese players, it's not rare to find your self in a NG+5 game and beyond. If it's the case I always happily use humanity because these guys always make their best to heal me but given the toughness of the fight you have to use humanity sometimes.

@Sullichin: Power within is your friend. Also do you fight alone or with Biatrice? This fight is somehow easier if you do it alone.

Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith was a fucking workout. Is Catacombs/Tomb of Giants harder or easier? I got the Sunlight Maggot. No divine weapons though. How important are they in the Catacombs?

And is the Titanite Demon on the path to the Chaos Servant shortcut supposed to respawn? He did for me.

Error

tomb of the giants is just annoying. you could tell FROM just wanted to troll.

No divine weapons though. How important are they in the Catacombs?

they help, but not a requirement.
boss is weak against divine in tomb of the giants

had a lot of good clean duels in the duke's archives. Some dude backstabbed me while I clearing away the rubble near the bonfire for a clean fight, though.

Soulhouf

This is actually a King's Field reference. The game is full of stuff like that for the hardcore players who are familiar with the King's Field/Shadow Tower series.

Error

This is actually a King's Field reference. The game is full of stuff like that for the hardcore players who are familiar with the King's Field/Shadow Tower series.

I ordered kings field iv, hope it's good.

M.D

I'm missing only the Darkmoon Bow for Rare Weapons trophy

Does someone have a spare Darkmoon Bow/Soul of Gwyndolin? I can give something in return

SL 136, Playing on PS3

Canova

Banned

They actually toned down ToG difficulty after the patch.

Before the patch,

- there are more skeleton dogs
- Skeleton dogs are in your way blocking paths, so you have to fight them
- Skeleton dogs have bigger aggro-range, so it's hard to sneak up on them

I'm constantly being backstabbed in the face during invasions : /
Same I feel like the beast of 1000 backs in PvP.

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but I was moving my Dark souls box and noticed the cover art:

1327602321-00.jpg

I haven't seen that armor in the game, but the shield and sword? Yes. It's the greatsheild/greatsword of Artorias. So does the cover art show the knight Artorias? Is there any rumors of that being in the game?

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.

She's half dragon
She's albino, just like Seath
She's scaleless, just like Seath

way too many coincidences, the game never says she is, but all clues indicate that she's Seath's daughter

I don't see a lot of merit in trying to tie together all of the game's disparate elements because I think the ambiguity in its narrative structure is one of its greatest strengths and represents an excellent use of its medium as a storytelling vehicle. I don't see a lot of merit in definitively tying one character to another when the game is ambiguous at best about any connection in much the same way as I don't see much point in categorizing the endings as being either good or bad. Beyond that, there's not anything in these posts that contradicts what I said.

Mike M

Nick N
Was at Sen's to buy some large shards from the Crestfallen Merchant. Dropped a summon sign to show my nephew the function of various soapstones. Being SL78, I wasn't expecting any action.

In the middle of buying stuff though, the message about being summoned popped up. Host was wearing the Mask of the Father, wearing what I think was the steel armor, wielding a katana and wearing no pants. I'm guessing I got summoned into NG+ here?

Tragically our bout of jolly cooperation came to an end almost as soon as it started, as the host went up the stairs and was immediately one-shotted by a firebomb : /

M.D

Do the crystal lizards in The Great Hollow have a chance to respawn every time you reload the game, even if you managed to kill them? Or do they only respawn if you didn't mange to kill them?

Mike M

Nick N
Do the crystal lizards in The Great Hollow have a chance to respawn every time you reload the game, even if you managed to kill them? Or do they only respawn if you didn't mange to kill them?

Only if you didn't kill them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom