• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

Don't think you even need to do that, I believe quitting and reloading brings them back.

I mean if you killed them, and then rest at a bonfire, do they respawn at their places? Or you're only able to kill them once per playthrough?

Canova

Banned
I mean if you killed them, and then rest at a bonfire, do they respawn at their places? Or you're only able to kill them once per playthrough?

kill them, quit, reload, kill them, quit, reload, kill them quit, reload, etc

In one of the places, they respawn up to 5 times

After fighting my way past those million ghosts I came up to a DEAD END! Yay!

I wasn't going to leave the area and fight those ghosts again later so I checked a FAQ to see if the path really doesn't lead anywhere and the FAQ was like "Use the item you've never heard of to open the door"

Okay, where do I get the thing. "You get the item you've never heard of after finishing the place you've never been"

How do I get to the place then?

"You get to the place by using another item you don't have which you get after beating the boss in the area you thought you already cleared but didn't see a boss"

I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING WRONG APPARENTLY

Canova

Banned

I wasn't going to leave the area and fight those ghosts again later so I checked a FAQ to see if the path really doesn't lead anywhere and the FAQ was like "Use the item you've never heard of to open the door"

Okay, where do I get the thing. "You get the item you've never heard of after finishing the place you've never been"

"You get to the place by using another item you don't have which you get after beating the boss in the area you thought you already cleared but didn't see a boss"

meh.... you wouldn't stand an iota chance against the boss anyway ;-P

Mike M

Nick N

You need the key to the seal?

Kill the Sealer guy on top of the "haunted mansion" if you don't have the Lordvessel, and he'll drop it.

meh.... you wouldn't stand an iota chance against the boss anyway ;-P

Which one? The one I didn't get to because of the roadblock or the Blighttown one I missed?

Today wasn't all bad though. Found a ring that increased my equip load by a fuckton so I could put on the elite knight armor I've been carrying around but not using because it would mess up my rolling. It doesn't do anything noticable to the damage I receive, but it looks so much cooler than what I had before so I consider that a win.

The Chef

I retract my previous statement about backstabs being cheap and having no honor in PVP.
Now that I have discovered how to use it effectively it appears to be the most crucial way for me to actually win. I won 5 battles in a row last night, and after not wining a single PVP match in DAYS it felt pretty good.

M.D

I retract my previous statement about backstabs being cheap and having no honor in PVP.
Now that I have discovered how to use it effectively it appears to be the most crucial way for me to actually win. I won 5 battles in a row last night, and after not wining a single PVP match in DAYS it felt pretty good.

TELL ME THE SECRET :O

krakov

There are 10 of them in total, once they are dead they wont respawn. If you scare them off though, they will randomly respawn when you quit and reload. They all have set locations and won't switch places.

The Chef

TELL ME THE SECRET :O

I learned it from someone here. I keep enough distance in between us so I'm just out of reach but still close enough so I can get right up to them when they take a swing. When they take a swing I will strafe to the right of their swing and close the distance and try and get on their left side. If I am even CLOSE to their back I LET GO OF THE LEFT ANALOG STICK and immediately hit R1. It works 4 times out of 5. Once I learned that you cannot be moving to initiate a backstab then it became insanely easy.

krakov

Looking forward to the sorcerer 4K kill. I honestly don't think the bosses are very hard, I find the levels worse in many cases.

Mike M

Nick N
I learned it from someone here. I keep enough distance in between us so I'm just out of reach but still close enough so I can get right up to them when they take a swing. When they take a swing I will strafe to the right of their swing and close the distance and try and get on their left side. If I am even CLOSE to their back I LET GO OF THE LEFT ANALOG STICK and immediately hit R1. It works 4 times out of 5. Once I learned that you cannot be moving to initiate a backstab then it became insanely easy.

I'm a much happier man since I learned how to actually backstab.

Can heavy knights be stabbed? They're similar sized compared to man serpents and the various fatties in Blighttown who can be stabbed, but I've never gotten one in on the heavy knights, and not for lack of trying.

Dresden

I'm a much happier man since I learned how to actually backstab.

Can heavy knights be stabbed? They're similar sized compared to man serpents and the various fatties in Blighttown who can be stabbed, but I've never gotten one in on the heavy knights, and not for lack of trying.

By heavy, you mean the black/silver knights or the big fat dudes with the giant tower shields? The former can be backstabbed or parried. Fastest way to kill them is to just riposte them in the chest imo. Their timing--especially on sword-wielding knights--is really easy to predict.

Sullichin

Looks interesting. I think I will attempt the challenge as it would be a great way to push my way through the game using a starting character and starting gear.

I've beaten Gargoyles, Quelaag and Gaping within those restrictions (no shields either, and naked for Quelaag). Four Kings sounds like it would be impossible. I'm stuck on them at SL1 with a +4 lightning axe and +15 pyro flame, and with these weapons I only need to deal with one king at a time.

M.D

Holy shit lol

Me and WOWBagger are doing COOP in TOTG

I'm at the bonfire waiting for him to get to it as well, when suddenly a Darkwraith invades me

I'm all like "Not this shit again", when I notice the guy doesn't attack me.
Then he starts dropping tons of items from rings to weapons, chunks, arrows and everything you could imagine

He gives me a bow everytime, and then jumps off to his death

The Chef

Holy shit lol

Me and WOWBagger are doing COOP in TOTG

I'm at the bonfire waiting for him to get to it as well, when suddenly a Darkwraith invades me

I'm all like "Not this shit again", when I notice the guy doesn't attack me.
Then he starts dropping tons of items from rings to weapons, chunks, arrows and everything you could imagine

He gives me a bow everytime, and then jumps off to his death

What!? LOL

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
i would really like a fap ring (nice acronym), I made the stupid mistake of unequipping the one I had :(

chunk3rvd

Killed over 200 chaos eaters in my last 2 sessions and didn't get a single red slab. Thought about warping back to firelink to do some invading but just switched it off in the end. Just booted up again and the first one dropped a red slab! Now I know how all the people that got a slab drop off a darkwraith feel :D

Do I need a special weapon for New Londo? Or should I go in cursed? I'd like to make a weapon preferably.

Booshka

i would really like a fap ring (nice acronym), I made the stupid mistake of unequipping the one I had :(
You can make a FaP ring, if you have a Xanthous Crown (it's the helm of the Xanthous armor set) you can trade it to Snuggly and get the ring.
Do I need a special weapon for New Londo? Or should I go in cursed? I'd like to make a weapon preferably.

Jagged Ghost Blade or Cursed Greatsword of Artorias will damage Ghosts if you aren't cursed. Just use the Transient Curse item and go in there, you will get plenty of time and there are a couple to pick up, and the ghosts drop them.

Mike M

Nick N
Is the blue titanite slab worth bothering with for any reason if I have no intention of ever making a magic weapon? I just don't want to deal with that damned invisible path, I just want to be done with that whole area. Seath wasn't the easiest boss in the game, but I had no idea what was going on most of the time. At least I lopped off his tail.

Completed Logan's sidequest
Was not expecting to fight him in his underwear, WTF?
, and wound up with the achievement for collecting all sorceries. Wasn't even trying, I was just spending all my souls so I would have something to show for my efforts. Huzzah!

That just leaves Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith and the Kiln, I believe. Well that and I need to finish buying everyone's inventories. Maybe kindle all the remaining bonfires and go on an NPC murder spree.

Hung Wei Lo

So I just recently got this, and have been enjoying skimming through this thread the last few days while things have been slow here at work. I've been trying to avoid the wiki's and any spoilerish stuff on here, but man, titanite slabs ....wtf...didn't get one from the
Stray Demon or Onion dude

Mike M

Nick N
So I just recently got this, and have been enjoying skimming through this thread the last few days while things have been slow here at work. I've been trying to avoid the wiki's and any spoilerish stuff on here, but man, titanite slabs ....wtf...didn't get one from the
Stray Demon or Onion dude

I thought
Stray demon
dropped a red slab, not regular.
Onion guy
doesn't drop one, it's a reward if he survives his quest and you complete another NPC's quest as well.

Is the blue titanite slab worth bothering with for any reason if I have no intention of ever making a magic weapon?

If you want green titanite for any reason, such as upgrading a fire weapon, you can take blue titanite to Frampt and he'll break it down into green titanite I believe. Actually I think you would have him first break down the slab, which would then be chunk, which would then become a green shard.

Booshka

If you want green titanite for any reason, such as upgrading a fire weapon, you can take blue titanite to Frampt and he'll break it down into green titanite I believe. Actually I think you would have him first break down the slab, which would then be chunk, which would then become a green shard.

Never break down slabs, you can just buy green titanite, or kill the leeches in Blighttown that drop five at a time.

The fight with Latrec and his two chronies in Anor Londo is kicking my ass, the only reason I've tried it so many times so far is because you don't have to retrieve your souls when you die. Is there a way to pick them off one by one, or is it just a demon gang-bang and hope you're the last one standing?

edit- and just after I posted that I did it!

Mike M

Nick N
The fight with Latrec and his two chronies in Anor Londo is kicking my ass, the only reason I've tried it so many times so far is because you don't have to retrieve your souls when you die. Is there a way to pick them off one by one, or is it just a demon gang-bang and hope you're the last one standing?

Poison arrows?

Regular arrows to lure them one at a time? You only need to kill Laurtec

Booshka

Aggro them, then run away, they will get separated, I focus on the caster first usually.

Hung Wei Lo

I thought
Stray demon
dropped a red slab, not regular.
Onion guy
doesn't drop one, it's a reward if he survives his quest and you complete another NPC's quest as well.

I don't even think I got a slab out of it...

Can you clarify?
Onion guy - he kept popping up in various places, and eventually found him at the pit in Lost Izalith(sp?) I accidentally fell in and fought my way out (I think I killed 3 of those tentacle things before hightailing it outta there. I made my way back to him and spoke with him, and he gave me a ring, saying something to the effect of "jolly good chap, you killed them all, good stuff bro, you're better than me" I jumped back in killed the rest, and he's still there..maybe i should've spoken to him first before killing those?

Mike M

Nick N

Can you clarify?
Onion guy - he kept popping up in various places, and eventually found him at the pit in Lost Izalith(sp?) I accidentally fell in and fought my way out (I think I killed 3 of those tentacle things before hightailing it outta there. I made my way back to him and spoke with him, and he gave me a ring, saying something to the effect of "jolly good chap, you killed them all, good stuff bro, you're better than me" I jumped back in killed the rest, and he's still there..maybe i should've spoken to him first before killing those?

Did you free his daughter from the golden crystal golem right outside the Crystal Cave? You have to complete her quest too.

I think he needs to kill at least one of those guys in the pit too, I think if you do it all his quest just ends there.

Mike M

Nick N
Yeah, I put that ring on early due to some random piece of advice, can't bring myself to take it off, for obvious reasons. I *need* that boost to all stats!

2AdEPT

Can you clarify?

you shoud have got a regular slab out of it...keep in mind its not the original boss there but later when you "revisit" the area that you get the tougher stray demon and the SLAB.

2AdEPT

edit- and just after I posted that I did it!

just kill lautrec and ignore the other shmucks..they don't drop stuff anyway.

2AdEPT

Is the blue titanite slab worth bothering with for any reason if I have no intention of ever making a magic weapon? I just don't want to deal with that damned invisible path, I just want to be done with that whole area. Seath wasn't the easiest boss in the game, but I had no idea what was going on most of the time. At least I lopped off his tail.

Completed Logan's sidequest
Was not expecting to fight him in his underwear, WTF?
, and wound up with the achievement for collecting all sorceries. Wasn't even trying, I was just spending all my souls so I would have something to show for my efforts. Huzzah!

That just leaves Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith and the Kiln, I believe. Well that and I need to finish buying everyone's inventories. Maybe kindle all the remaining bonfires and go on an NPC murder spree.

I really liked the challenge of getting the blue slab despite never using it...the invisible walkway is tough to assess without using your brain....excellent brain teaser and they give a hint as to what will help earlier in DUkes.

Mike M

Nick N
I really liked the challenge of getting the blue slab despite never using it...the invisible walkway is tough to assess without using your brain....excellent brain teaser and they give a hint as to what will help earlier in DUkes.

Fuck brain teaser death traps, I've got six figures of souls to worry about! : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom