• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

2AdEPT

The DLC question was already answered,

I think a sequel is almost guaranteed. Dark Souls seemed to have sold very well for this type of game, and I think it got up to 1,000,000 sold world wide. There was even talk around here of FROM trademarking something called Dark Forest, which seems like a possible title for a follow up. I can't imagine Demon's Souls sold nearly as well as Dark Souls, and we got a sequel, so things look good.

As or the Dragon, it's the hardest enemy in the game, bar none. None of my builds have been able to kill him, but I got pretty close once with a 40/40 end/vit faith character by standing in a spot where his main fire attack missed me. But eventually he just freaks out and starts endlessly spamming a fire attack from the sky that hits everything.

I'm sure if you made a build entirely devoted to killing him you could eventually do it, or if you just overleveled like crazy, you could do it, but he's basically unkillable for 99% of players. Which is kind of awesome.

Althoguh he is extremely difficult with melee, magicn users can get him on the bridge with crystal homing souil mass, and the head gear and ring. I ahve killed the thing each time I have played using ranged magic (soul spear) or simple lightning miracles...I admit I didn't find the "spot" myself and read it in OT 2 or 3, but it is not the one arrow glitch...it is a completely legitimate cheese spot and takes a good 4-5 maxed out INT soul spears or pretty mauch ALL an intermediate level players ligthning, both normal and great, if they are faith based (FAI 30.) I am not sure if faith adds to lightning spear damage or not...but again, bottom line is Dark SOuls offers no enemy that can not be cheesed ion some way...keep looking for the "spot." SIonce pyro does not work as it is out of range this will give you a hint about how far away you are.

spoiler for people who don't wnat to the challenge:
the spot is on the walkway ledge that connects the rats to the underbelly sections underneath the dragon...if you walk to the opposite side of the door way to the rats, turn around, you will have a small vantage point to the HEAD of the dragon. Use your bow to aim first as you will not be able to lock on, then swith to either magic or miracles and fire away!

Wallachia

Nope.

Depths
Blightown
Quelaag
Rung 2nd bell
Walked down stairs into this place.

I picked up some armour and kicked off a boss fight in Demon Ruins. He's pretty nails!

Yeah, you should go to Sen's Fortress, the castle that is near the Blacksmith in the old church, right by that bonfire. That is your next step :)

Yeah, you should go to Sen's Fortress, the castle that is near the Blacksmith in the old church, right by that bonfire. That is your next step :)

OK thanks :)
As I just said in-between replies, I did just kill Ceaseless Discharge and got the awesome armour, but not sure I should be going much further. It's weird the game kinda pushed me in this direction after the bell so I guess it doesn't matter I got that armour now, it's not like I cheated to beat Mr. Discharge, evade dive ftw.

2AdEPT

Yeah I realize that. Except when I went to modify it just took it to +6. I don't want the normal weapon upgrade path but it's the only one I've done.

I think the appropriate path is +5 then change icons from regular to divine (there are a number of icons to toggle through as well as the modify option in the menu.) You cna do raw or divine or +15 with andre, lightning, crystal or boss with giant, fire or chaos with vamos, magic or enchanted with what's his name near new londo. Each elemntal is a little different for starting path I think, (like fire +10 is equal in strength to lightning +5 but have different routes accordingly......but check after +5 to be sure...by checking each possible choice, i.e. modify or upgrade or toggle icons, I have been able to get what I want eventually without a book, otherwise I have used book or online.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Does the True Greatsword of Artoris say TRUE? I just graded a broken hilt +10 with Sif and it just says Greatsword of Artoris :(

Also, do I want to go with the Butterfly Horn or the Dragonslayer Spear?

2AdEPT

Yeah I love it, I guess 'cause its kinda Grim Reaper looking :) Just need a purple one and I'll look like Skeletor.

wait til you get the Darkwraith set and rock a great scythe!!!!! The only thing missing is the motorcycle! It was actually a decent invasion based PVP get up when you use a chaos (fire based) great scythe with +10 humanity and substitute the Skeletor leggings with Havel's for some real poise and magic res. if you like the gold hemmed set, you will LOVE Darkwraith...guaranteed.

Jhoan

OK thanks :)
As I just said in-between replies, I did just kill Ceaseless Discharge and got the awesome armour, but not sure I should be going much further. It's weird the game kinda pushed me in this direction after the bell so I guess it doesn't matter I got that armour now, it's not like I cheated to beat Mr. Discharge, evade dive ftw.

I used the
glitch that's near the entrance to him to kill him by luring him near me, he tried to attack, eventually moved then fell through some kind of hole killing him. I think that's a legitimate (some might say cheap) way to kill him.
I'm on trying to get through Sen's Fortress too. It's a bitch to get through especially with those rocks that keep rolling around; I haven't made it past a little bit after the entrance.

Wallachia

wait til you get the Darkwraith set and rock a great scythe!!!!! The only thing missing is the motorcycle!

Haha. Totally. The scythe with the gold-hemmed set will look pretty cool too.

The only thing I don't like about those dresses, is how you can see the bare feet running around, sometimes rotted bare feet.

2AdEPT

Yes they do, I would suggest beating the boss near Blighttown though, it will open up Sen's Fortress then you can grab the Gold Covetous Serpent ring and come back to the swamp to farm the slugs with your Item Discovery rate at 300+. Stack it with Humanity in your counter (stop at 10) for max item discovery (410).

plus then he can jsut buy the large shards he is looking for.... for 4000 a piece.

Sullichin

How do I beat the 4 kings as a sorc?

I had tons of trouble with this. I wound up equipping havel's set, two handing my lightning claymore, and casting homing soulmass whenever I could (didn't have crystal at the time). You really have to beat them quickly, I'm not sure how I would do it without any melee.

[DkS] NG++++++ SL1 Four Kings Battle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPjREX9V2ek
the boss battle starts from 20:00

Damn. Watching this now, thanks

2AdEPT

How do I beat the 4 kings as a sorc?

don't use socrcery or arrows, they are bettethan you at ranged attacks but they SUCK for
melee...lightning spear +2 has done it for me every playthrough so far. two hand it wear grass sheild on back...they don't shoot maic much while being attacked...just go to town and mash R1 two hadnded with as much armour as you can sport up close..the minute you let them get away from you they start shooting magic but up close they got nothing much..one estus per ghost is all that is required..
.Died a tonne and got frustrated trying to dodge the magic, gave in, watched you tube, realized I hadn't used my brain and considered all potential strategies first....killed them next try ...........yawn.

Oh oh, Firelink Bonfire is out! I liked the text by the Firekeeper; "Dead".

Frampt is in the water there now, and it looks like I can feed him crap weapons for souls, I wondered if you could sell things. Need something called a Vessel-wassit now. Off to Sen's Fortress I think.

Do you guys keep everything you get? Or dump it unless you need it?

John Harker

uh, did I just get trapped forever?

I'm in Anor Londo, before the boss. Climb out the broken window, drop down, and grab the dragonslayer bow and arrows. Now I'm stuck behind the fence on the outside of the castle, how do I get down???

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

I'm in Anor Londo, before the boss. Climb out the broken window, drop down, and grab the dragonslayer bow and arrows. Now I'm stuck behind the fence on the outside of the castle, how do I get down???

Yeah, FROM didn't really consider that area. GG.

Wallachia

I had that panic for a minute too.. but there is a spot to drop down.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Feels so good to kill people invading you.

I'm on my way to siff, I had just joined the forest covenant (still not sure how that ring is supposed to work) and dude invades me.

He gets wrecked by my 40 end build and my katana.

BTW, wtf does bleed do?

2AdEPT

I used the
glitch that's near the entrance to him to kill him by luring him near me, he tried to attack, eventually moved then fell through some kind of hole killing him. I think that's a legitimate (some might say cheap) way to kill him.
I'm on trying to get through Sen's Fortress too. It's a bitch to get through especially with those rocks that keep rolling around; I haven't made it past a little bit after the entrance.

take it slow...unless you got a rock rolling in your way!! :p by far my favourite level in the demon's /drak series. iT's the Indianna JOnes revisited level. TOok me longer to completely clear out than any other level.....(not becuase of enemies just figuring out the layout) even with the guide map! Imissed the item hidden in the path behind the platform where the cobra dude shoots lightnign down on you just before the ball roll path to the mimic....even longer considering I left the lowest stage to late game now that I think of it as I was afraid of prowling demon's my first playthrough?!?!!?

2AdEPT

I had that panic for a minute too.. but there is a spot to drop down.

spot is onthe right..two bars are furhter apart than the others...thought I glitched out of there the first time by accident as I was jumping and rolling and it seemed like I forced my way out.....second time realized my mistake!!!!!!

I had tons of trouble with this. I wound up equipping havel's set, two handing my lightning claymore, and casting homing soulmass whenever I could (didn't have crystal at the time). You really have to beat them quickly, I'm not sure how I would do it without any melee.

don't use socrcery or arrows, they are bettethan you at ranged attacks but they SUCK for
melee...lightning spear +2 has done it for me every playthrough so far. two hand it wear grass sheild on back...they don't shoot maic much while being attacked...just go to town and mash R1 two hadnded with as much armour as you can sport up close..the minute you let them get away from you they start shooting magic but up close they got nothing much..one estus per ghost is all that is required..
.Died a tonne and got frustrated trying to dodge the magic, gave in, watched you tube, realized I hadn't used my brain and considered all potential strategies first....killed them next try ...........yawn.

Holy shit, 2 handed my Moonlight Greatsword +5 with full Havel and beat em first try with that strategy! I love GAF =D <3 <3

Wish I had recorded that, so intense!!

Tomodachi

Does the True Greatsword of Artoris say TRUE? I just graded a broken hilt +10 with Sif and it just says Greatsword of Artoris :(

Also, do I want to go with the Butterfly Horn or the Dragonslayer Spear?

There are two greatswords of arthorias, the one you make with the broken hilt and the one with a normal sword iirc.

Also, boss weapons aren't that great. So if you're going for the platinium you need both moonlight butterfly horn AND dragonslayer spear, if you're not... don't bother, imho.

John Harker

There are two greatswords of arthorias, the one you make with the broken hilt and the one with a normal sword iirc.

Also, boss weapons aren't that great. So if you're going for the platinium you need both moonlight butterfly horn AND dragonslayer spear, if you're not... don't bother, imho.

got it, thanks.

also, thanks for the tip, made it off nthat ledge... i was having a panic attack.

anyone else having trouble summoning? i CANNOT get anyone in my game. trying to get help on the two baddies of anor lando, summon failed for 5 min straight

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Jesus christ. I invade a dude in the forest using the ring. He does something with his hammer that fucking makes the ground explode white and oneshits me, wtf was that?

John Harker

Yeaaaaaaaaaa boy! Finally got two summons, two nice dudes who fought very well, beat Orstein and Smough on the first try. That was great fun. Got the soul I wanted, too (Orstein). Was it a problem though that I didn't summon the Sunlight Knight guy if I wanted to save him? I didnt see his summomn sign

UFRA

I think the most disappointing message change is "Retrieval". Talk about an anti-climactic message after you just got back your treasured humanity and souls. "You recovered" was really good already.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Interesting. I was considering going down a magic path anyway, so that sounds pretty cool. I know very little about how int and faith based builds work, aside from the fact that presumably you want to invest in attunement to get the spell slots and that I'll need to find some kind of trainer to teach me the offensive spells (I've found the guy who will sell me miracles, but so far I haven't found any pyromancer or other int-based trainers). Any tips?

Personally I'd recommend putting off a Faith build until a second character. A lot of useful Miracles are tied to Covenants, and juggling Covenant memberships isn't something a lot of people are very comfortable with their first time through. Sorcery is totally independent of Covenants, so once you buy the spell it's yours forever. Pyromancy is almost completely stat-independent, so it can be used by any character. The power of Pyromancy spells is determined entirely by the upgrade level of your Pyromancy Flame, so there's no need to focus on a stat to improve it.

There's a Sorcery trainer available right off the bat, but he's in a rather out-of-the-way location. If you go down the elevator at Firelink Shrine to New Londo there's a ruined staircase running down the cliff face above the water. If you enter the courtyard in New Londo from the elevator then turn right and proceed until you run into the wall you'll see the stairs behind you. Near the bottom of the stairs is a cell set into the wall where you'll find a guy named Rickert. He sells a Catalyst for using Sorcery as well as the Soul Arrow and Heavy Soul Arrow spells. He's also the blacksmith that can upgrade your weapons down the Magic and Enchanted paths. The second Sorcery trainer is available when you reach the
Lower Undead Burg
, you need the key sold by the first merchant to open the door to the house where he's imprisoned. The third trainer is in
Sen's Fortress
, and rescuing him is when Int builds really start coming together.

You'll find the first Pyromancy trainer when you reach the
Depths
. He's stuck in a barrel. Don't hit the barrel with a weapon to free him, roll into it instead. He's probably killed more often than any other NPC. The second Pyromancy trainer is behind a secret wall in
Quelaag's Domain, just under the room where you ring the second bell
. He looks exactly like an enemy, and if the first Pyromancy trainer isn't the NPC most often accidentally killed, he is. The third and ultimate Pyromancy trainer is
sitting in front of a column in the Blighttown swamp. If you exit Quelaag's Domain and head straight forward you should see her sitting to your left when you reach the swamp itself
. You need some combination of having a Pyromancy Flame upgraded to at least +10 and to have beaten
Quelaag
to get her to appear, though some people have reported getting her to appear earlier than that. She's the most important Pyromancy trainer by far, and once you hit the requirements to unlock her the other two are almost completely redundant.

John Harker

What's the best pathing to do after Anor Londo?

I did the painted world, and I already killed Sif. Is The Abyss a place to go or something? I got that ring

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Jesus christ. I invade a dude in the forest using the ring. He does something with his hammer that fucking makes the ground explode white and oneshits me, wtf was that?

Was it Grant? The two-handed special attack on it is basically a souped-up Wrath of the Gods.

Sullichin

What's the best pathing to do after Anor Londo?

I did the painted world, and I already killed Sif. Is The Abyss a place to go or something? I got that ring

After Anor Londo, there's 4 bosses that need beatin' before you can unlock the final boss. You also need to
talk about the lordvessel that you got to one of two primordial serpents- Frampt at Firelink or the much less obvious Kaathe, who only shows up if you beat Four Kings in the abyss first.
They are located in: Tomb of The Giants (which you get to through the Catacombs); Lost Izalith (through Demons Ruins); The Abyss (through New Londo Ruins); and Crystal Caves (through Duke's Archives). Dukes has the opportunity to get some new powerful spells assuming you've
rescued big hat logan from sen's
. Catacombs boss lets you
kindle bonfires up to 20 flasks
so that's always good to have.

Aud&#943;oboxer;33499583 said:
Bed of chaos, what the fuck is this shit.

saving grace is that the boss doesn't 'reset' when you die. that would have been awful. After you've taken out the side shits, it's a matter of not getting knocked about by that extremely annoying double sweep attack and landing precisely on the root in the center section. In my experience, I died most when I tried to rush to that root without stopping to block the double sweep at least twice.

[DkS] NG++++++ SL1 Four Kings Battle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPjREX9V2ek
the boss battle starts from 20:00

I know it was just posted and I already replied "damn", lol, but I saw this whole video and that's just insane. I was complaining about beating 4K as a level 70 character.. this guy does it SL1, with 10% of his health for the entire fight because he's using that increased attack with low health ring (save for one awesome display of talent where he heals, switches shields, blocks the magic spear attack and then is back down to 10% health).. pretty crazy.

EDIT: There's tons of videos on his channel...playing the game with no armor.. crazy pvp... god I suck at this game compared to this dude

Booshka

Aud&#943;oboxer;33499583 said:
Bed of chaos, what the fuck is this shit.

An Environmental Hazard, that is the hardest boss for me because it is such a gimmicky awful fight, I only die by getting swept into a hole, it's a piece of shit boss, even when I cheese it I still die a few times.

I learned a cheesy strategy from the first speedrun of this game.
Go to the right orb and take a wide arc toward it, roll through the branches and take it out. Then, Quit the game and re-load, you will be at the fog door, re-enter the fight and immediately go left once you land, hug the wall to avoid the collapsing floor, get in a corner and shoot arrows at the second orb. After you take it out, run back to the center and go for the middle, make sure to block with a good stability shield (Eagle shield works well), then drop down onto the branch in the open floor when there is a window in-between the swipe attack. Roll through all the branches straight ahead and take out the final bug.

KorrZ

So, I haven't really played this game since I beat NG+ back at launch. Has the patch made the stat based weapons that much better? Or are lightning weapons still pretty much the king of everything?

John Harker

After Anor Londo, there's 4 bosses that need beatin' before you can unlock the final boss. You also need to
talk about the lordvessel that you got to one of two primordial serpents- Frampt at Firelink or the much less obvious Kaathe, who only shows up if you beat Four Kings in the abyss first.
They are located in: Tomb of The Giants (which you get to through the Catacombs); Lost Izalith (through Demons Ruins); The Abyss (through New Londo Ruins); and Crystal Caves (through Duke's Archives). Dukes has the opportunity to get some new powerful spells assuming you've
rescued big hat logan from sen's
. Catacombs boss lets you
kindle bonfires up to 20 flasks
so that's always good to have.

Hey that's great, thanks!

You just remind me, I suppose I missed a Fire Keeper Soul. I'm only up to 10. Where is the one I'm missing up to this point? I didn't have one to give to the Keeper in Anor Londo

Booshka

So, I haven't really played this game since I beat NG+ back at launch. Has the patch made the stat based weapons that much better? Or are lightning weapons still pretty much the king of everything?

They are better, but require a lot more stat investment still. A lightning weapon with only bare minimum requirement stats allows you to put all your points elsewhere, so in that sense they are still better. But, if you spec toward strength or dexterity, then combine that with some form of enchant, with Miracles, Sorcery or usable items, then it will be much better than Lightning or Fire/Chaos. It's definitely worth investing in because having all Physical damage is great against all enemies and you never have to be worried about enemies with specific resistances.

If you plan on taking a character to high level, then scaling is better and investing in it is worth it, if you are gonna keep a character under 100, then just using Lightning/Fire/Chaos and having all those points to put into VIT, END, INT, ATT, and FAI will make for better lower level characters.

I made a character that is built around using the True Greatsword of Artorias, and at level 130, my Lightning Claymore +5 is just now getting passed in damage. It's pretty sad, the Artorias Sword owns against Skeletons though, looks really cool and has some insane powerup attacks that remind me of charging Ninja Gaiden Ultimate Techniques.

Personally I'd recommend putting off a Faith build until a second character. A lot of useful Miracles are tied to Covenants, and juggling Covenant memberships isn't something a lot of people are very comfortable with their first time through. Sorcery is totally independent of Covenants, so once you buy the spell it's yours forever. Pyromancy is almost completely stat-independent, so it can be used by any character. The power of Pyromancy spells is determined entirely by the upgrade level of your Pyromancy Flame, so there's no need to focus on a stat to improve it.

There's a Sorcery trainer available right off the bat, but he's in a rather out-of-the-way location. If you go down the elevator at Firelink Shrine to New Londo there's a ruined staircase running down the cliff face above the water. If you enter the courtyard in New Londo from the elevator then turn right and proceed until you run into the wall you'll see the stairs behind you. Near the bottom of the stairs is a cell set into the wall where you'll find a guy named Rickert. He sells a Catalyst for using Sorcery as well as the Soul Arrow and Heavy Soul Arrow spells. He's also the blacksmith that can upgrade your weapons down the Magic and Enchanted paths. The second Sorcery trainer is available when you reach the
Lower Undead Burg
, you need the key sold by the first merchant to open the door to the house where he's imprisoned. The third trainer is in
Sen's Fortress
, and rescuing him is when Int builds really start coming together.

You'll find the first Pyromancy trainer when you reach the
Depths
. He's stuck in a barrel. Don't hit the barrel with a weapon to free him, roll into it instead. He's probably killed more often than any other NPC. The second Pyromancy trainer is behind a secret wall in
Quelaag's Domain, just under the room where you ring the second bell
. He looks exactly like an enemy, and if the first Pyromancy trainer isn't the NPC most often accidentally killed, he is. The third and ultimate Pyromancy trainer is
sitting in front of a column in the Blighttown swamp. If you exit Quelaag's Domain and head straight forward you should see her sitting to your left when you reach the swamp itself
. You need some combination of having a Pyromancy Flame upgraded to at least +10 and to have beaten
Quelaag
to get her to appear, though some people have reported getting her to appear earlier than that. She's the most important Pyromancy trainer by far, and once you hit the requirements to unlock her the other two are almost completely redundant.

Thanks for all the great info! Any tips on what sorceries to invest in first? I guess I should start putting points into attunement, since I've already got both attunement slots taken up with heal and the first pyromancy.

Sullichin

Hey that's great, thanks!

You just remind me, I suppose I missed a Fire Keeper Soul. I'm only up to 10. Where is the one I'm missing up to this point? I didn't have one to give to the Keeper in Anor Londo
Fire keeper souls reinforce your estus flask, which mean it increases each individual flask's healing power. Estus Flask +1, Estus Flask +2.. it only goes to +7. This isn't specific to bonfire. If you have Estus +2, it applies to every estus you have and will get. I don't know how many fire keeper souls you should have by this point. There's one in new londo, one in blighttown, one in undead parish.. that's all I can remember off hand. You can also get them by killing the firekeepers, but you need the firekeepers to reinforce the flask, so keep one alive (it will also disable the bonfire for the remainder of your playthrough so you might not want to do this).

However, to get more estus flasks per bonfire, you have to kindle the flame. You can only kindle once now, netting you 10 flasks per bonfire, but after you get the item from the catacombs boss you can get 15 or 20 flasks per bonfire if you kindle them again.

KorrZ

They are better, but require a lot more stat investment still. A lightning weapon with only bare minimum requirement stats allows you to put all your points elsewhere, so in that sense they are still better. But, if you spec toward strength or dexterity, then combine that with some form of enchant, with Miracles, Sorcery or usable items, then it will be much better than Lightning or Fire/Chaos. It's definitely worth investing in because having all Physical damage is great against all enemies and you never have to be worried about enemies with specific resistances.

If you plan on taking a character to high level, then scaling is better and investing in it is worth it, if you are gonna keep a character under 100, then just using Lightning/Fire/Chaos and having all those points to put into VIT, END, INT, ATT, and FAI will make for better lower level characters.

I made a character that is built around using the True Greatsword of Artorias, and at level 130, my Lightning Claymore +5 is just now getting passed in damage. It's pretty sad, the Artorias Sword owns against Skeletons though, looks really cool and has some insane powerup attacks that remind me of charging Ninja Gaiden Ultimate Techniques.

Thanks for the response, the Greatsword of Artorias is what made me stop after NG+ last time, I worked like crazy to get that sword and it has a higher base damage and way more scaling than the Gravelord Sword but it still was doing way less damage because of the messed stat scaling.

My character that I'd be going back to was already level 140 something so I do plan on continuing to pump stats.

Booshka

Little Dark Souls PSA

For those of you with the Avarice Ring, Avarice Helm, or both, whenever you beat a boss, quickly switch your gear to the ring and helm and you will get a significant experience boost. Once you get the Souls, you can switch back to your normal gear and carry on. I have been doing this all the time now and you get a ton more souls per boss, especially if you are on NG+'s.

Fire keeper souls reinforce your estus flask, which mean it increases each individual flask's healing power. Estus Flask +1, Estus Flask +2.. it only goes to +7. This isn't specific to bonfire. If you have Estus +2, it applies to every estus you have and will get. I don't know how many fire keeper souls you should have by this point. There's one in new londo, one in blighttown, one in undead parish.. that's all I can remember off hand. You can also get them by killing the firekeepers, but you need the firekeepers to reinforce the flask, so keep one alive (it will also disable the bonfire for the remainder of your playthrough so you might not want to do this).

However, to get more estus flasks per bonfire, you have to kindle the flame. You can only kindle once now, netting you 10 flasks per bonfire, but after you get the item from the catacombs boss you can get 15 or 20 flasks per bonfire if you kindle them again.

Where do I go to get these upgraded, anyway? Can any blacksmith do it?

lunlunqq

Where do I go to get these upgraded, anyway? Can any blacksmith do it?

if you have a fire keeper soul in possession, you can talk to any of the fire keepers to upgrade your estus flasks, namingly, either the mute girl locked up below firelink shrine or the "fair lady" or the armored chick beside the first Anor Londo bonfire.

kaioshade

OK, i don't know if i am the only one with this problem.

Does the xbox 360 have to be constantly online with dark souls? I download the newest patch, play game. I do not have internet access, so when i try to play the game i get the message "save file differs from game version" I managed to hop on a very weak open signal and manage to download the update again.

Next time i try to play offline i get the same message. Please don't tell me the game requires an internet connection to validate the patch or something?

Booshka

OK, i don't know if i am the only one with this problem.

Does the xbox 360 have to be constantly online with dark souls? I download the newest patch, play game. I do not have internet access, so when i try to play the game i get the message "save file differs from game version" I managed to hop on a very weak open signal and manage to download the update again.

Next time i try to play offline i get the same message. Please don't tell me the game requires an internet connection to validate the patch or something?

I don't think so, I have been playing offline with the patch for a while now, I played online a little bit when XBL was free for a weekend. I have had this problem with other games though, the game save won't work unless I am online for some reason.

Wait a second, I'm an idiot, I play Online with Silver account, it just tells me the Mulitplayer access is blocked, but I am still online when I am playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom