• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wool

I think I'm around 200 hours in the game at this point, and I saw that Viking helmet for the first time ever today. There are so many different sets of armor in this game, it's disgusting.

Also, I am in the Duke's Archives at the last bonfire with an INT build for the first time. I need 50,000 more souls to buy the remaining available spells Big Hat Logan has. Can I go beat Seath to get the souls, or will
Big Hat Logan go crazy
? I don't really want to farm golems to 50000, and I surely don't want to leave the area and have to come all the way back.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I think I'm around 200 hours in the game at this point, and I saw that Viking helmet for the first time ever today. There are so many different sets of armor in this game, it's disgusting.

Also, I am in the Duke's Archives at the last bonfire with an INT build for the first time. I need 50,000 more souls to buy the remaining available spells Big Hat Logan has. Can I go beat Seath to get the souls, or will
Big Hat Logan go crazy
? I don't really want to farm golems to 50000, and I surely don't want to leave the area and have to come all the way back.

Don't kill him.

elohel

Big Hat Logan go crazy

where'd you see it? and are there really that many armor sets?

Tomodachi

Big Hat Logan go crazy
He goes crazy
only the moment you buy from him ALL of his spells, so it's safe to kill the archives' boss.
That means that even if you bought a spell from his pupil back at firelink shrine that he has, you'll have to buy it again. It's a pain really, cause his spells are pretty expansive but you need to
make him go crazy
to get the platinum trophy.

Also, the Viking helm is not part of a set, unfortunately :(

I finally got through Sen's Fortress earlier myself and am now in Anor Londo. It took me several tries to beat the boss because he kept knocking me off the tower. I used Fireball, the stronger Fireball spell, and the Pyromancy spell that you get for joining the Chaos Servant Covenant, along with some melee attacks.

I finally found a worthy replacement to the Drakesword in the form of the Lightning Spear that you get from the mimic box; it's bad ass. I've been tearing enemies apart with it along with the Pyromancy spells. Is there no way to leave or do I have to play through the entire area in order to leave? I want to go back to the Northern Undead Asylum to get the doll, as well as buy a couple of spells. Oh, and I did read the spoilers for what you get from that area that will allow you to leave.

I too found the Lightning Spear in Sen's Fortress, it's amazing for sure. I want my +10 Claymore to be Lightning, but now I want it even more. I am now in Anor Londo and it's beautiful for sure with some seriously big guards. Luckily they are slow moving so their attacks are easily evaded.

Also, I got knocked off the tower by Golem in Sen's too, the bastard. At first I was Giant Fireballing him (well 4 shots) then trying to be careful, but I totally owned him when I ran right underneath him and dodged his moves.

Is there a Firekeeper Soul in Sen's? I've found the Firekeeper herself at the Bonfire.

Wool

where'd you see it? and are there really that many armor sets?

I just saw it in online co-op. I guess you get it from
killing the skeleton blacksmith
. I just counted 51 full armor sets on the wiki, and there are a good number of unique pieces as well.

lunlunqq

I just saw it in online co-op. I guess you get it from
killing the skeleton blacksmith
. I just counted 51 full armor sets on the wiki, and there are a good number of unique pieces as well.

I wear it and just did a few coop this morning... maye we played together?

lunlunqq

I too found the Lightning Spear in Sen's Fortress, it's amazing for sure. I want my +10 Claymore to be Lightning, but now I want it even more. I am now in Anor Londo and it's beautiful for sure with some seriously big guards. Luckily they are slow moving so their attacks are easily evaded.

Also, I got knocked off the tower by Golem in Sen's too, the bastard. At first I was Giant Fireballing him (well 4 shots) then trying to be careful, but I totally owned him when I ran right underneath him and dodged his moves.

Is there a Firekeeper Soul in Sen's? I've found the Firekeeper herself at the Bonfire.

no. no firekeeper in sen's. however, there is one right after sen's. at the start of Anor Londo.

Sullichin

I see the patch has done sweet FUCK ALL in regards to the fucking Forest Covenant glitch. FFS.

which glitch? the soul farming one? it's not even a glitch. it's not like its the only place in the game where you can trick the AI from falling off a ledge. Or are you talking about something else?

which glitch? the soul farming one? it's not even a glitch. it's not like its the only place in the game where you can trick the AI from falling off a ledge. Or are you talking about something else?

No, the one where I have to pay 100K to absolve myself when an enemy kills itself, even when I'm not in the vicinity.

This is the third time; infuriating :mad:

Can someone tell me why the black phantom NPC wont spawn in the Tomb of the Giants? I am in human form and he doesn't seem to spawn, and I need his rare items :/

The paladin?

Are you down near the final cave before nito?

Yup he wont spawn in my game for some reason. I'm in online mode as well if that matters.

EDIT-Fucking shit, just realized the NPC black phantoms have the same restrictions as player black phantoms as well. I already took out Nito, so I guess this guy wont spawn now until NG+.

fnjcF.png

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Yup he wont spawn in my game for some reason. I'm in online mode as well if that matters.

EDIT-Fucking shit, just realized the NPC black phantoms have the same restrictions as player black phantoms as well. I already took out Nito, so I guess this guy wont spawn now until NG+.

fnjcF.png

Yep!

I did the same shit with kirk and that guy in the painted world.

So, people just discovered a new glitch that allows to transfer all the contents of the Botomless Box from one character, to a newly created character.

Example: My newly created Level 1 Pyro, will have all the gear of my Level 300 character.

Here's how:

1. old character - transfer all your items into the bottomless box
2. create and fill all your characters slots (10 slots)
3. create a new character after filling all the slots - this will be your "new" character you will transfer to.
4. when asked to delete one character choose ok, highlight the one you want to transfer all gears from.
4. press triangle to toggle display
5. then press X
6. buy the bottomless box
7. all your stuff from the old character should be in the box.

VIDEO

http://youtu.be/iT9BEOwocaA

Thread here, several people confirming it works.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/61373232

Just to confirm, this does mean you have to delete your old character right?

Also, unrelated question, is there any reason I shouldn't make anor londo dark?

Yep!

I did the same shit with kirk and that guy in the painted world.

Oh wow... Fuck, I had been leaving most of them, and didn't realize that. Guess pretty much all of them but a few are gonna have to wait for NG+. Even when I wanted to fight them I couldn't make it in time before being invaded and killed by some other douchebag.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Oh wow... Fuck, I had been leaving most of them, and didn't realize that. Guess pretty much all of them but a few are gonna have to wait for NG+. Even when I wanted to fight them I couldn't make it in time before being invaded and killed by some other douchebag.

I think there is only 3, but kirk shows up 3 times in 3 different places.

So I made it to the blacksmith in the ruined temple next to the church. Im using the haldebrad. Was feeling pretty great too. Now I have different places to go to. I tried fighting the bell gargoyle and died, theres an elevator that can take back to the first bonfire near the cemetery and down from the blacksmith theres a headless creature that casts lighting bolts. So whats the suggested route?

Zeth

So I just cleared the depths with my second character. Is it possible to skip a portion of Blighttown with the master key? I really hate it.

So I just cleared the depths with my second character. Is it possible to skip a portion of Blighttown with the master key? I really hate it.

Yes, master key opens Londo Ruins gate which takes you to Blighttown's back door. You skip more than half the level doing this.

And for the record:
you don't even need the master key; you can reach the back door via the forest basin.

So I made it to the blacksmith in the ruined temple next to the church. Im using the haldebrad. Was feeling pretty great too. Now I have different places to go to. I tried fighting the bell gargoyle and died, theres an elevator that can take back to the first bonfire near the cemetery and down from the blacksmith theres a headless creature that casts lighting bolts. So whats the suggested route?

Your next route is the Garoyles on top of the bell tower. I just grinded a bit getting some health and strength levels under my belt before tackling them, they weren't too bad really. Just lock-on to them and evade their attacks by circling around them. The 2nd one will appear when the 1st one hits 50% health.

The legless laser-shooting demon next to the Parish blacksmith is (probably) too high level for you now, come back later. That route takes you to a harder area in the game anyway which you'll want to avoid for now.

Just to confirm, this does mean you have to delete your old character right?

Also, unrelated question, is there any reason I shouldn't make anor londo dark?

Yeah, your old character will be gone for good.

If you make Anor Londo dark, you can't farm titanite chunks from the Sentinels anymore. And you can farm those elsewhere. That's about the only reason I can think of.

J-Roderton

Yes, master key opens Londo Ruins gate which takes you to Blighttown's back door. You skip more than half the level doing this.

And for the record:
you don't even need the master key; you can reach the back door via the forest basin.

Wait, what? I just got to Blighttown through the Depths entrance. I can skip that entire area without fucking anything up or really missing anything? Not all of Blighttown, just that section.

I really don't care for that place.

Yeah, your old character will be gone for good.

If you make Anor Londo dark, you can't farm titanite chunks from the Sentinels anymore. And you can farm those elsewhere. That's about the only reason I can think of.

Thanks. Will the giant blacksmith still be there? And can I still get summoned into someone else's non-dark anor londo?

Wait, what? I just got to Blighttown through the Depths entrance. I can skip that entire area without fucking anything up or really missing anything? Not all of Blighttown, just that section.

Yup. You'll miss some weapons and armor and stuff (Eagle shield, notably) but that's it. From the back door you can basically get to the swamp bonfire (which is effectively the boss bonfire) in like two minutes.

J-Roderton

Yup. You'll miss some weapons and armor and stuff (Eagle shield, notably) but that's it. From the back door you can basically get to the swamp bonfire (which is effectively the boss bonfire) in like two minutes.

Sweet. Probably going to do that. I guess that aside from grabbing weapons and stuff like that, the only goal in each area is just to kill the boss, right? That's pretty much what I did with The Depths.

Your next route is the Garoyles on top of the bell tower. I just grinded a bit getting some health and strength levels under my belt before tackling them, they weren't too bad really. Just lock-on to them and evade their attacks by circling around them. The 2nd one will appear when the 1st one hits 50% health.

The legless laser-shooting demon next to the Parish blacksmith is (probably) too high level for you now, come back later. That route takes you to a harder area in the game anyway which you'll want to avoid for now.

Thanks for the advice. I ended up summoning Solaire, and he helped in the fight with the Gargoyles. (Awesome fight btw). Afterwards, I went back to where you meet Solaire near the castle wall, and used the basement key to go to lower Undead Burg. Game is soooo good.

Eh.. you can make Anor Londo... dark? Wow, I really need/want to play this game more, but I had started a new co-op/online focused character and NG+ at lvl 80 but my Gold subscription ran out and it hurts to play offline :(

And meanwhile I'm playing Skyrim on PS3, fml and fuck review copies :(

Thanks for the advice. I ended up summoning Solaire, and he helped in the fight with the Gargoyles. (Awesome fight btw). Afterwards, I went back to where you meet Solaire near the castle wall, and used the basement key to go to lower Undead Burg. Game is soooo good.

Lower Undead Burg is ace, the boss kicked my ass for a while, he's got some savage attacks! :D

Sullichin

Is the game server down still? It's been days now, what's going on? Just signs me out as soon as the game boots.

Ive been playing online on PS3 the past few days without any problems...

Is there any point in getting INT over 50? Finally got all of the sorceries. I have INT50, Logans Catalyst, Dusk Crown, Bellowing Dragoncrest ring. Am I maxed out in terms of magic damage output?

So WTF is going on then with mine?

As soon as I get to the title screen the game tells me I can't connect to the game. A few seconds later PSN drops connection and will not join again until I go back to the XMB. Once at the XMB, it connects perfectly. Back to Dark Souls, disconnects!

Any ideas?

edit: Changed to wired connection and it seems OK. Oddly, my wifi is 100% and every other PS3 title I play is fine. WTF.

Ive been playing online on PS3 the past few days without any problems...

Is there any point in getting INT over 50? Finally got all of the sorceries. I have INT50, Logans Catalyst, Dusk Crown Ring, Bellowing Dragoncrest ring. Am I maxed out in terms of magic damage output?

No

INT maxes out at 50, and yes with Crown of Dusk, Bellowing Dragon Ring and Logan's/Tin Crystal Catalyst, you are pretty much doing max damage output.

Ill Saint

I was hoping to get Smough's set (mostly for the helm), but over-eager helpers shattered those dreams. I should have messaged them beforehand, but I was hoping that my wailing away at Ornstein would be clue enough.

If anyone with Smoughs set wants to set up a trade of some sort, let me know. I'm SL 127. Thanks!

Platinum trophy done. Finally done with Dark Souls.

Only questions are:
1) Pygmy the Forgotten from the intro; was she ever mentioned/seen ingame at all? I found nothing regarding her.

2) Any reason why the entrance to Sen's Fortress is a popular summoning spot? Can't imagine they'll be helping people out at SL120 out of good will

So, I met the
magician trapped in the house
in lower undead burg. I also got some neat new armor and wand, so whats a good first spell to learn then?

Sullichin

I was hoping to get Smough's set (mostly for the helm), but over-eager helpers shattered those dreams. I should have messaged them beforehand, but I was hoping that my wailing away at Ornstein would be clue enough.

If anyone with Smoughs set wants to set up a trade of some sort, let me know. I'm SL 127. Thanks!

If you still don't have it by the time you're around ~SL148 (if you plan on getting it that high), I'll give you mine.

EDIT: also have a SL100 character who definitely won't need Smough's set. Maybe in a couple of days our characters will be in range :p PS3 btw

Ill Saint

If you still don't have it by the time you're around ~SL148 (if you plan on getting it that high), I'll give you mine.

Thanks man, but I'm capping this guy at 130. The offer's appreciated though.

EDIT: Sweet, if you get around that level drop me a PM. PS3, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom