• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on my way to do 4 Kings and put down a co-op summon sign, as well as letting rip with an eye of death. I got summoned (at SL1) and I think the host must've been on NG+ because the ghosts were a lot harder (3/4 hits with my lightning reinforced club rather than the 1 hit in my own world), when we got a bit further in there were 2 BP Darkwraiths, took out the first, but got killed by the second - is it at least possible I got killed by my own BP Darkwraith from the eye of death I used, or just a coincidence?

Then, no offense, those people are crazy bro. Two bosses, one of which will bum rush you and then smack you twice even with your shield up at the start of the fight isn't really fun. It's stupid. Add in the fact the lock-on will freak out no matter which one you choose to aim at (since you need to lock on for your pyromancies to even bother attempting to hit) and you'll see my point.
1. don't use lock-on
2. 2h + dodge is usually the best way to beat most bosses.

Ascend Flame +1
Thorolund Tailsmen
Havel's Ring
Wolf Ring
Gargoyle Helm
Elite Knight Armor +2
Leather Gauntlets
Elite Knight Leggings +1

And yet I'm hitting either of them for maybe 300 damage with flames. Magic? 50 a pop. Don't even think of the sword because they'll smack me around before I can roll in and kill them.
your stats sound terribly gimped tbh. that or you're just not maximizing gear for your stats. with havel's ring you should be able to wear much better armour. i suggest the silver knight set for the lightning resist. i would also highly consider obtaining the dark wood grain ring and a good weapon (queelags is extremely easy to obtain/max).

Fun. Guess it's time to take the long backtrack back toward Sen's and grind souls to level up past 56 to the hundreds for a week.
mind posting your stats? if you want to derp through the game, stack vit/sta and ignore every other stat. kindle bonfires so you can carry 10-20 estus and every area becomes trivial even at a low sl.

Wowbagger

I was on my way to do 4 Kings and put down a co-op summon sign, as well as letting rip with an eye of death. I got summoned (at SL1) and I think the host must've been on NG+ because the ghosts were a lot harder (3/4 hits with my lightning reinforced club rather than the 1 hit in my own world), when we got a bit further in there were 2 BP Darkwraiths, took out the first, but got killed by the second - is it at least possible I got killed by my own BP Darkwraith from the eye of death I used, or just a coincidence?

I think it's unlikely to be a coincidence. While duping eyes of death is now possible, there still aren't all that many players gravelording. I've had it happen to me while gravelording in the Parish. Found out I could place my sign, got summoned, and the church was full of BP monsters. Fun times.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
1. don't use lock-on

So, what am I supposed to do? Hope and pray they'll stick around long enough and be in the camera to let me hit and dodge them?

2. 2h + dodge is usually the best way to beat most bosses.

Two hand eats more damage than a shield it seems.

your stats sound terribly gimped tbh. that or you're just not maximizing gear for your stats. with havel's ring you should be able to wear much better armour. i suggest the silver knight set for the lightning resist. i would also highly consider obtaining the dark wood grain ring and a good weapon (queelags is extremely easy to obtain/max).

any gear other than the one I'm using seems to trip the weight trigger and not let me roll. *shrug* I dunno what the hell is going on there.
mind posting your stats? if you want to derp through the game, stack vit/sta and ignore every other stat. kindle bonfires so you can carry 10-20 estus and every area becomes trivial even at a low sl.

the seks said:
any gear other than the one I'm using seems to trip the weight trigger and not let me roll. *shrug* I dunno what the hell is going on there.
dark wood grain ring not only fixes this problem, but it gives you a backflip which is way superior to that of a roll.

Jhoan

After taking out the ridiculously easy Four Kings, I'm currently going through the Duke's Archives. It's a very nice place; surprisingly refreshing from all the forests, and castles. I get a strong Castlevania vibe from it. Unfortunately I lost 186K in souls and 1 humanity. ;_; Ah well, I suppose I'll help more people take out O&S and consider invading someone's game for the first time ever. If I like it, I'll do it even more considering the fact that the Darkwraith Covenant provides a huge incentive to do so. I've a lot about the Crystal Caves being a bitch to navigate through.

Once I recuperate my losses, I'll pay for my sins so I could join the Forest covenant and get the Dark Wood Grain Ring (also buy all of Big Hat Logan's spells). Is there anything better than Havel's Armor/Stone Armor? I'm currently using the Stone Armor set and have been using it for a while. I tried mixing two Ornstein Armor pieces in, but I love being a tank; I'm too scared to try out lighter armor.

Dresden

So, what am I supposed to do? Hope and pray they'll stick around long enough and be in the camera to let me hit and dodge them?
lock-on works fine for the fight . . . but you can do perfectly well without them. Just swing in their direction.
the whole point is not to get hit... roll.

2AdEPT

I'm going to add you. I'd be down for taking out Quelaag.
Cool, but Queelag is down....was a crapshoot that I finally got her as I got close a lot without Mildred helping much....but then finally she did ok adn I just whittled her down with the crossbow...Mildred actually stayed alive the whole fight! This was lucky..don't try this strateegy yourself as it will fail more than it works for sure. Was annoyed I didn't get to use my new learned moves and do the final blow melee, but was tired of doing her and wanted to move on...so I did.

O & S will definitely require a REAL helper that knows what they are doing at SL with no upgrades of course.....I guess I could just go in without Solaire, but as most of you agree, it just is too tough to outlast the attacks with no upgrades...I actually died 4-5 times just trying to get the giants and silver knight out of the way and didn't even get inside the door yet.....but this is another story...do I have an update for you GAF!!!

Update: So I got through Queelag and Actually breezed throuh sens....made sureto pick up Gold hemmed set first by cheesing Ceaseless (longer story there but not worth mentioning.)Breezed through Capra once I had the Chaos fireball from Qeelags sis....and had a bit of trouble on Gaping as I forgot that I could not hire Lautrrec once I did Queelag first and he killed the firekeepe (solaire is useless)...so I let Gaping live....for now.

Found a better wway to farm lightnign resin...use straight fireballs x2 instead of chaos fireball or orb and use dusk crown RING..yes she gives a ring too...no one uses it as it halfs vitality but htis is a moot point when you are using tearstone rign and travelling with a sliver of health regardless....boosts you up to a tonne of casts of fireball so the mushroom guys go down with no need for crossbow.

Ok but the main shareable here was that I had the bright idea to get sanctus so that I could stack power within with tearstone ring and not die immediately from the HP drain. Started out great as I downgraded the Occult club to divine +5 (aloowed as I found it and downgrading is allowed OK? ;p) Anyway, its the best weapon for a no upgrade SL1 run by far...I was hopeful that the goldsmith hammer would do better than it did, but it doesn't beat teh reinforced club even. Still may try Vamos's as iirc it does some elemental damge...can't remember. So dropped down right from the first ledge and used Leroy to crush Pinwheel....but then the retardedness starts: First, I forgot that I would have no light since the only Pinwheel I killed did not drop the lantern....somehow managed to kill just one enemy and drop here and there from blind memory and somehow found the first fire....but then was tired and just mindlessly answered YES to patches...so not only was I pissed that I would have no masks besides mother's, I had another enemy to fight as I never said yes ever before and didn't realize you would have to fight! I ran away and even though a silver knight also started chase I somehow fell on the next friggin bonfire! Great! I was homefree as I know you only have to kll the first two enemies and then sneak by to Leroy invasion.....but when the moment of truth came.......sealed door...no invasion....so close yet so far........and now how the hell do I get back out? I never knew how ot do it without light? Will update that later....gotta run for now!

Cool, thanks. I'm just making sure I'm on the right track.
Just remember that you do have a choice to ring either bell first and you can save capra and the depths till laterif you wish by finding a shortcut...you can also do the enitre garden (2 bosses, 1 easy) there as well as catacombs, which I agree can be saved a bit for a new player. Part of my favourite souls experiences are from exploring and NOT going throughthe obvious or "recommended" paths....it makes all the difference.
Then, no offense, those people are crazy bro. Two bosses, one of which will bum rush you and then smack you twice even with your shield up at the start of the fight isn't really fun. It's stupid. Add in the fact the lock-on will freak out no matter which one you choose to aim at (since you need to lock on for your pyromancies to even bother attempting to hit) and you'll see my point.

Just FOLLOW the advice people give.....you are mistaken that its so hard and will feel silly when you realize your mistakes.....magic is OP STILL if you wnat to switch.....lock on is not helpful for this fight, you can still swing your sword or use combustion inthe direction you are facing without lock on...I suggest starting backward at least a little bit and ensure you can roll at <25%...tehn the game starts....you don't need a shield as you won't get hit....that's the key to SL1 runs etc.....you are not supposed to get smasshed....that's the whole point.

TheSeks

dark wood grain ring not only fixes this problem, but it gives you a backflip which is way superior to that of a roll.

Well, I don't have that.

that's the key to SL1 runs etc.

Except I'm not SL1. I'm SL55. And I'm getting wrecked, constantly despite having 25 in STR which is supposed to govern melee attacks but melee hasn't given me anything but 50 damage one-handed outside of the Drake Sword being two-handed in the beginning. So... uh...?

Dresden said:
lock-on works fine for the fight . . .

Not when the assholes jump backwards out of the lock-on range and then throw the lock-on to the one I'm not intending to hit (or even worse: breaks the lock) whereby my combustion hits nothing but air.

Worst boss fight in the game.

After taking out the ridiculously easy Four Kings, I'm currently going through the Duke's Archives. It's a very nice place; surprisingly refreshing from all the forests, and castles. I get a strong Castlevania vibe from it. Unfortunately I lost 186K in souls and 1 humanity. ;_; Ah well, I suppose I'll help more people take out O&S and consider invading someone's game for the first time ever. If I like it, I'll do it even more considering the fact that the Darkwraith Covenant provides a huge incentive to do so. I've a lot about the Crystal Caves being a bitch to navigate through.

Once I recuperate my losses, I'll pay for my sins so I could join the Forest covenant and get the Dark Wood Grain Ring (also buy all of Big Hat Logan's spells). Is there anything better than Havel's Armor/Stone Armor? I'm currently using the Stone Armor set and have been using it for a while. I tried mixing two Ornstein Armor pieces in, but I love being a tank; I'm too scared to try out lighter armor.

I think Duke's is probably the hardest level in the game. There are a lot of enemies, they hit hard, and are placed in really obnoxious areas.

As for armor, nothing is better than Havel's in terms of poise, but I think it's overkill. Giant's has the highest def, followed by smoughs then black iron set. I prefer the black iron set though because it has really good fire def and it actually looks cool.

Wowbagger

Except I'm not SL1. I'm SL55. And I'm getting wrecked, constantly despite having 25 in STR which is supposed to govern melee attacks but melee hasn't given me anything but 50 damage one-handed outside of the Drake Sword being two-handed in the beginning. So... uh...?

That depends on the weapon and upgrade path. Are you using a weapon with decent Str scaling? How have you upgraded it?

I did most of Duke's with my SL16 claw today. I was actually just there for the Maiden set, but I grabbed the firekeeper soul as well. Then I tried to farm the channelers but the bastards managed to kill me. Oh well, back to lowbie areas to mess around, I guess.

Just one question: I have Ring of Fog and Hush, but I'm still visible when invading because of the red aura, right?

Wowbagger: He's using Greatsword of Artorias, C scaling with STR.

Dresden

Well, I don't have that.

Not when the assholes jump backwards out of the lock-on range and then throw the lock-on to the one I'm not intending to hit (or even worse: breaks the lock) whereby my combustion hits nothing but air.

at this point you should just watch a video or two

I think it's unlikely to be a coincidence. While duping eyes of death is now possible, there still aren't all that many players gravelording. I've had it happen to me while gravelording in the Parish. Found out I could place my sign, got summoned, and the church was full of BP monsters. Fun times.
That's pretty cool then!

I wish more people would gravelord, this is the first time I've ever encounted a BP enemy, and it wasn't even in my own world. It's a shame it isn't more common. It would be fun if you coul still get BP enemies in areas even after killing the boss making those areas dangerous again.

Oh, you're going to love Bed of Chaos!

Wowbagger

Wowbagger: He's using Greatsword of Artorias, C scaling with STR.

Ah, right...

TheSeks, I guess you're using the non-cursed version with split damage (physical/magical)? I don't have any experience with those swords, but seems to me you should be doing more damage with the cursed version even just meeting the minimum requirements (looked up damage values on DarkSoulStats).

That's a really poor weapon choice for a medium level character. At level 55, you must have used most of your levels just to meet its minimum requirements. That doesn't leave much for Vit and End -- the more important stats to focus on early on! I assume you have very low End, since you're using Havel's ring with medium armour, and that's what's really getting you in trouble.

I remember, doing my SL1 run, low stamina and a poor shield made that fight hell, as I am not good enough to dodge all their attacks. Sooner or later Smough would hit me with that attack where he rushes forward. Got through it solo once I had made a maxed out Balder shield (the shield with the best stability for a SL1 char).

Do you have the Ring of Favor and Protection yet? It gives a nice stamina and HP boost and would be a good replacement for Havel's ring. Get that ring, maybe invest some more levels into End, and make sure you're using a shield with decent stability, then try again.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Well, I don't have that.

It sounds like you need to make some serious adjustments to your game. S&O are putting a real test to your build and it sounds like it's lacking in quite a few areas, that and your dodging skills don't seem to be up to scratch if you're taking so many hits every time you fight them.

Are you using a weapon that scales to STR? 25 points in strength is very average regardless but if you're not using a weapon that scales then those points mean nothing. Hopefully you're using a heavier weapon like a Claymore, GreatAxe or the Greatsword that the Snakemen drop if you're a STR build.

What weapon are you using?

TheSeks

Do you have the Ring of Favor and Protection yet? It gives a nice stamina and HP boost and would be a good replacement for Havel's ring. Get that ring, maybe invest some more levels into End, and make sure you're using a shield with decent stability, then try again.

Havel's ring changes the 45.0 weight I have to 75.0 which lets me roll. Anything I equip outside of that set-up doesn't let me roll. Havel's armor? Definite nope.

What weapon are you using?

Great Sword of Atorias. Every stat but resistance above 16 (Res is 11).

Wowbagger

Havel's ring changes the 45.0 weight I have to 75.0 which lets me roll. Anything I equip outside of that set-up doesn't let me roll. Havel's armor? Definite nope.

Then level up End, as I suggested. Seems you haven't put any levels into it if you have just 45 equip burden without Havel's ring. The Ring of Favour and Protection (or FAP ring, as it's often called) also boosts equip burden. Not as much as Havel's ring, but in combination with higher End it would work out great. Your End is terrible for a greatsword build. Level it up. :p

Dresden

strip off your armor until you can fast roll

ditch that awful sword, make a lightning weapon

collect victory

After all the hype and fuss over OandS I found them to be pretty average in terms of relative difficulty in the game. Did them on my 5th or 6th attempt. Used Ring of favour and protection, Silver Knight gear and a Lightning Halberd (can't remember which level). Solo too, didn't even know what summoning looked like in my 1st playthrough, player or NPC. Tactic I remember using was pacing the side lengths of the room; put a few hits into Orn then bail up the other end. Repeat. Be patient. Fight them on your terms. Obviously avoid being put into corner areas, Smough will end you fast.

I honestly found Four Kings to be the nasty boss battle of the game for me (and many feel it's one of the easier battles!).

Well, I don't have that.
it's not a terribly difficult ring to obtain, in fact its usually the 2nd ring i try to obtain after havels. refer to here. it basically allows you to wear heavy armour and still allow you to backflip really fast. meaning that dodging becomes much easier, and even if you do make a mistake the heavy armour will still save you from death.

Pollux

Deal with the crossbowmen first. Pick up the item near them and know that the boar is weak to fire. You can also firebomb it from above or backstab it.

Yea I figured it out...thanks. Also, I just killed the big knight but then got zapped by someone shooting blue lasers at me...how do I take care of that guy?

You seem dead-set on this build and this weapon even though by all accounts it's not working for you - I'd try something else, there are plenty of different weapons and upgrading is a simple matter of grinding a few shards/chunks.

You may or may not want to do this, but starting again is quicker than you may think - If you're only at Anor Londo, it's a pretty quick redo to ring the bells and zip through Sen's - use what you now know to get back to where you were but with a better skillset - chuck everything at VIT and END once you have the stats for a decent weapon - for me as soon as I can use a bow and an Uchigatana I'm good for the rest of the game. Don't think I've seen you mention bows, but they are a big part of my game, both in PvE and PvP - doing my SL1 run ATM and to be without the proper use of a bow, it's really brought home how much I rely on them.

I'm on the first level and keep getting killed by this pig covered in spikes...wtf do I do?
This is my new name for the, whatever that thing is, the metal boar - "pig with spikes" xD

Wowbagger

I wish more people would gravelord, this is the first time I've ever encounted a BP enemy, and it wasn't even in my own world. It's a shame it isn't more common. It would be fun if you coul still get BP enemies in areas even after killing the boss making those areas dangerous again.

Yes, definitely. I think defeating an area's boss should only block darkwraith invasions. Vengeance spirits should still be able to invade and punish darkwraiths, and gravelords should be able to do their thing.

NPC gravelords appearing randomly now and then would have been great too.

I have a maxed out GSoA and while the attack rating is higher than any other greatsword, I'd still rather use a Claymore or MGS because of the better R2.

Not sure why anyone would choose to use it if their stats weren't max.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Ahah, ahah, ahahahahahaaah.

If you eventually make it through O&S, stuff later on will give you a peptic ulcer or something.

Seriously man, everyone is trying to help you out, and it seems like you're just throwing advice back in their faces.

6for8

Does anyone have a strategy for killing invading DragonHead glitchers? Tried keeping my distance and using pyro and arrows but they are deflected. Maybe wrath of god but I would prefer something else.

Mxrz

I've tried gravelording a bunch over the last two weeks or so. I've not been invaded via a sign once. I just don't think it works properly at all. In all my time, I've only seen darkphantom npcs once in my own world, and a few times during invasions.

Neat idea, but something is fucked with it.

I've tried gravelording a bunch over the last two weeks or so. I've not been invaded via a sign once. I just don't think it works properly at all. In all my time, I've only seen darkphantom npcs once in my own world, and a few times during invasions.

Neat idea, but something is fucked with it.

Another problem is that your world can be gravelorded but you only have a small chance of actually getting BP enemies.

I really wish From would fix this covenant because being gravelorded is awesome.

Croc

Banned
I've been playing this a bunch lately and hoooo boy I'm not sure how I feel yet. I definitely think the combat is a ton more refined than the first game, even with the big magic overhaul. I'm not sure I exactly like this whole open world thing though. I feel way more like I'm just aimlessly wandering around and I have no idea if I am missing anything or going where I should be.

I've gotten through the Undead Burg and whatever place comes after that too. I just killed some guy with a big 'ole shield and got a Fire Keeper soul from him and ended up upgrading my flask thing after I found a shortcut back to Firelink Shrine. After that I was roaming around and found a boss; the Bell Gargoyle or something like that. I couldn't beat him so I went to a different path and found the blacksmith.

I guess the thing that I'm not liking as much is that I feel like I have no way to gauge the progression I'm making. In Demon's Souls it was clear cut levels, but in Dark Souls I just kind of wander around for awhile until I find a bonfire or a mini-boss or a shortcut back to somewhere earlier. I'm still having a ton of fun it just feels a lot more...aimless I guess.

Mxrz

When you see the credits: You win!

How to win PvE in all situations and take a lot of fun out of the game: Upgrade your weapons and armor. Enemies won't have the health or damage to compete with near-maxed gear until NG+++ or so. Main reason SL1 runs are common place.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Does anyone have a strategy for killing invading DragonHead glitchers? Tried keeping my distance and using pyro and arrows but they are deflected. Maybe wrath of god but I would prefer something else.

As far as I know From never actually fixed the Tranquil Walk of Peace glitch since it was theoretically rendered unusable when they fixed the first dragonhead glitch, and that's basically the cheesiest way of using the glitch that there is. If you're not averse to fighting glitches with glitches that's probably the quickest way to beat other glitchers.

Otherwise I'd just disconnect. It's not really worth the frustration. Most of the glitchers seem to be invaders, so if you want non-glitched PvP just stick to duel signs.

I've been playing this a bunch lately and hoooo boy I'm not sure how I feel yet. I definitely think the combat is a ton more refined than the first game, even with the big magic overhaul. I'm not sure I exactly like this whole open world thing though. I feel way more like I'm just aimlessly wandering around and I have no idea if I am missing anything or going where I should be.

I've gotten through the Undead Burg and whatever place comes after that too. I just killed some guy with a big 'ole shield and got a Fire Keeper soul from him and ended up upgrading my flask thing after I found a shortcut back to Firelink Shrine. After that I was roaming around and found a boss; the Bell Gargoyle or something like that. I couldn't beat him so I went to a different path and found the blacksmith.

I guess the thing that I'm not liking as much is that I feel like I have no way to gauge the progression I'm making. In Demon's Souls it was clear cut levels, but in Dark Souls I just kind of wander around for awhile until I find a bonfire or a mini-boss or a shortcut back to somewhere earlier. I'm still having a ton of fun it just feels a lot more...aimless I guess.
There are a few clear aims, the blue guy at Firelink Shrine tells you about ringing the bells - The Bell Gargoyles might be guarding one of those eh? ;)

There is more freedom this time round, but the choices are more limited than it seems on your first playthrough due to not knowing what is ahead and more powerful enemies down certain paths telling you that the other way might be better for - path of least resistance.

It sounds like you're on the right track though!

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Just a quick question.

What is the best light armor and the best weapon for a 50 strenght character?

weapons imo claymore or Man-Serpent Greatsword. I'm very fond of the Black Knight Greataxe but you gonna need 18 dex for that.

armor wise I think you are gonna wanna mix and match to see what works best for you and your play style

Pollux

I'm only level 12 right now...but as a warrior what stats should I focus on upgrading? So far I've been doing mainly strength with a few points thrown into vitality.

I'm only level 12 right now...but as a warrior what stats should I focus on upgrading? So far I've been doing mainly strength with a few points thrown into vitality.

It never hurts to put points into STR and DEX, since a lot of weapons rely on them. Quality builds are also popular (27 STR and 40 DEX) because they have a lot of options in terms of weapons. Never put points into RES and only level up ATT if you need more spell slots.

Are you interested in magic? If so you need to put a lot of points into FAI or INT. My favorite build right now is a 40 DEX/40 FAI build with just enough STR to use the Balder Side Sword.

Yo Gotti

Banned

STR & VIT are great to invest in, with some Endurance on the side, couple that with a DEX of 18 and you can wield most weapons in the game. That's if you just want a strength build. Working towards mid-50's strength lets you one hand weapons like the Black Knight Great Axe and the Great Machete, some of the most powerful STR weapons in the game. Mid 20's Endurance will let you wear some of the heavier armor sets.

STR builds are the most fun build in the game, IMO. Feels good to go toe to toe with any enemy or boss and do the same amount of damage to them as they do to you.

Pollux

It never hurts to put points into STR and DEX, since a lot of weapons rely on them. Quality builds are also popular (27 STR and 40 DEX) because they have a lot of options in terms of weapons. Never put points into RES and only level up ATT if you need more spell slots.

Are you interested in magic? If so you need to put a lot of points into FAI or INT. My favorite build right now is a 40 DEX/40 FAI build with just enough STR to use the Balder Side Sword.

I want to be able to use those big fucking demon weapons I got earlier. Or whatever's better. For this play through I pretty much want to focus on nothing but fucking shit up with big weapons.

Is that something that's possible?

I know little to nothing about this game...

I want to be able to use those big fucking demon weapons I got earlier. Or whatever's better. For this play through I pretty much want to focus on nothing but fucking shit up with big weapons.

just be wary of harsh diminishing returns. 40 is a good place to stop. anything past 50 and you're usually just wasting points. of course, there is no level cap so with enough grind you could literally have 99 in every stat. many sl120 builds will definitely push past 50 in certain stats, but generally its a good idea to stay at or under that.

also note that if a weapon requires 50str to use, that is the req for 1handing the weapon. 2handing the weapon has a much lower req (although i'm not sure if it says the specific number anywhere).

I'd recommend a magic build the first way through, then a pure melee. Melee is harder in most places, simply because you need to learn to dodge. The first time I actually finished the game was with a co-op focused cleric, using heals and the Warrior of Sunlight lightning attacks. The generally easiest playthrough was a dedicated sorcerer.

In all cases you need a decent shield and a weapon to defend in close-combat spaces and when you run out of spells, even if you're not focused on melee.

Pollux

just be wary of harsh diminishing returns. 40 is a good place to stop. anything past 50 and you're usually just wasting points. of course, there is no level cap so with enough grind you could literally have 99 in every stat. many sl120 builds will definitely push past 50 in certain stats, but generally its a good idea to stay at or under that.

also note that if a weapon requires 50str to use, that is the req for 1handing the weapon. 2handing the weapon has a much lower req (although i'm not sure if it says the specific number anywhere).

Got it thanks. And what's the rst way to take out the dragon in the bridge in the first level? Just shoot arrows at te tail from under the bridge?

So you're going for a heavy strength build?

It's definitely a viable way to play. My first character was pure melee as well. Get at least 40 in VIT, STR, and END. Those are the stats you want focus on. I'd put points into VIT last since I don't need the HP until I start doing PvP, but since this is your first time in the game you might want to invest in HP earlier. Up to you. Strength will let you use those big weapons and do more damage with them. Endurance will increase your equip burden so that you can wear heavy armor without losing mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom