• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the heads-up, Jake Tower. Very cool.

I always wondered which bits were actually connected, as although you can spot a few areas from others, the scale and verticality of it all is just mind-boggling - you may as well be teleporting to a new map in-between areas... I don't know how those level designers do it.

It's definitely going to get interesting when PC users really get inside the files and crack open some of the other secrets of the world... After we've all had enough exploring, of course.

I just can't help keep coming back to this game even after so many months. There's just something about the overall design that's so more-ish, even after beating every boss so many times, fending off so many invaders, and making so many mistakes. This has no doubt been said countless times, but it's just so old school. Not in a dated, constricting way, but in that there is a world that's first placed there to scare and confuse you; but as you untangle its mysteries, you gain more and more control over the world itself, let alone the enemies and your own character. You start to literally 'own' the game, understanding every little crevice, ledge and treasure.

It's remarkable. People who say Japanese developers are dieing out this generation need to stop focusing on the same tired old formulas and take a look at From. No one can say this game doesn't have flaws, but I'll be jeggered if it ain't the most addicting, challenging, and downright intriguing game I've played in a long, long time...

Yopis

Thanks for the heads-up, Jake Tower. Very cool.

I always wondered which bits were actually connected, as although you can spot a few areas from others, the scale and verticality of it all is just mind-boggling - you may as well be teleporting to a new map in-between areas... I don't know how those level designers do it.

It's definitely going to get interesting when PC users really get inside the files and crack open some of the other secrets of the world... After we've all had enough exploring, of course.

I just can't help keep coming back to this game even after so many months. There's just something about the overall design that's so more-ish, even after beating every boss so many times, fending off so many invaders, and making so many mistakes. This has no doubt been said countless times, but it's just so old school. Not in a dated, constricting way, but in that there is a world that's first placed there to scare and confuse you; but as you untangle its mysteries, you gain more and more control over the world itself, let alone the enemies and your own character. You start to literally 'own' the game, understanding every little crevice, ledge and treasure.
I
It's remarkable. People who say Japanese developers are dieing out this generation need to stop focusing on the same tired old formulas and take a look at From. No one can say this game doesn't have flaws, but I'll be jeggered if it ain't the most addicting, challenging, and downright intriguing game I've played in a long, long time...

Well said.

Anteater

Just got this game, know absolutely nothing about it and still wearing these armors from the beginning, any tips for a noobie? I started as a knight, just killed the taurus demon guy at zombie burg or something, not sure if I'm doing it right but I killed him by humping its ankle and poking it because my character is a pretty slow heavy armor knight that could barely move :lol

So far it's pretty great other than that it's quite hard to get use to the controls, sometimes I'd mess up and forget to lock on and get hit in the back and a lot of careless deaths, even got knocked down the ledge on the bridge once when fighting the tarus guy

I am having so much more fun on my replay of the game. I quit around the final third of the game, before restarting as a Pyromancer a few days ago. I regret listening to one of my friends who told me about the drake's sword. Because it really did give me a false illusion of power, and honestly made me lazy with regard to understanding the blacksmithing. But now I feel more badass than I did before and can walk toe to toe with just about anything I want. I absolutely destroyed the Capra Demon solo with a hand axe just now. I just wasn't that afraid of him anymore and didn't panic.

It almost feels like my previous game was a warm-up of sorts. Every little bit of information from before has been retained and given me courage to face this game to the end.

Well damnit... last night I went to dig in to my NG+ for the first time in a few months and my save had corrupted and was wiped :(

So I started a new game and rolled right on through the Taurus Demon without blinking. It's funny because on my first run through it took me about 5 hours to get to this point with much gnashing of teeth, and I just did it in less than an hour.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Just got this game, know absolutely nothing about it and still wearing these armors from the beginning, any tips for a noobie? I started as a knight, just killed the taurus demon guy at zombie burg or something, not sure if I'm doing it right but I killed him by humping its ankle and poking it because my character is a pretty slow heavy armor knight that could barely move :lol

So far it's pretty great other than that it's quite hard to get use to the controls, sometimes I'd mess up and forget to lock on and get hit in the back and a lot of careless deaths, even got knocked down the ledge on the bridge once when fighting the tarus guy
Check out this thread - Mick is going at it like a man, and there's plenty of help and encouragement. Not that you won't find that in here, but if you want tips, it's a good place to go without totally spoiling yourself.

However, most will simply recommend that you take your time and experiment. Also, reading item descriptions and listening carefully to NPCs is another way to make the most of most situations, if you're into that sort of thing ;)

It almost feels like my previous game was a warm-up of sorts. Every little bit of information from before has been retained and given me courage to face this game to the end.
So I started a new game and rolled right on through the Taurus Demon without blinking. It's funny because on my first run through it took me about 5 hours to get to this point with much gnashing of teeth, and I just did it in less than an hour.
Shame about Poimandres' save, but yup, that's Dark Souls for ya. Enjoy it fellas =)

ArynCrinn

Banned

Mainly just experiment for a while and find a ring, armor and weapon set you're comfortable with for an area. So just try different armors and weapons at first, find a match that suits you and get good with it. For the rings just read the descriptions, obviously, and use them strategically.

Other than that I won't spoil too much, other than learn to read and memorize your map and area layouts. A big part of the charm of the game is the mystery and experimentation, and the repetition that goes along with it. Before long you'll think you know a area, weapons, armor, stats in and out...but you'll almost always be pleasantly surprised to find that you just scratched the surface of the depth. One of the best things about the game, imo.

McHuj

Victory Achieved. I think I'm finally done with Dark Souls. I ended up getting the Dark Soul achievement tonight. After fucking up and wasting my boss souls in NG, I had to play all the way to Anor Londo on NG+++ to forge the last weapon.

Outside of one game (Alan Wake American Nightmare), this is the only game I have really played since Feb 1. 160 hours between two characters. It's funny because my first play-through took my 70 hours. The NG+'s were only about ~20.

IMO, I think the four kings boss is the hardest in the game. On NG++ I managed to pull off a miracle (thanks to co-op) and beat the last one with basically 10% life left while a fifth one had joined the fight. They just seem to spawn so quickly. What weapon do anyone of you guys use to beat them quickly?

I think if I had to pick a "game of this generation" this would be it because I love the combat system, it's not button mashy and not combo heavy. I love the world. It's big and diverse, but not overwhelmingly big in that I can pretty much get anywhere fast. There doesn't seem to be much filler either. I'm not a big multiplayer player but I love the co-op in this game and the pvp mainly because it doesn't feel like I have to make a commitment to it. I can just play the damn game and dabble in it as I want.

I finished the game, and Linked the Fire.

So much fun! Dark Souls really brought out the 'old-school' mentality in me, both in video games, and harkening back to my D&D gaming days (the actual RPG, pencils and graph paper). For anyone wondering, I can confirm that it really feels like 'spiritual sequel' to Zelda II (it is missing a "Shadow Link" moment, though :D).

My hope for a sequel is that it find a way to include more puzzles (other than the general combat puzzle the game presents).

I like doing achievements for games I like... but I think I've had enough Dark Souls for the time being, so NG+ will have to wait. In fact, I think I'd prefer starting a fresh character when I return... do actions across characters contribute to achievements?

Next up from my backlog: Vanquish!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I like doing achievements for games I like... but I think I've had enough Dark Souls for the time being, so NG+ will have to wait. In fact, I think I'd prefer starting a fresh character when I return... do actions across characters contribute to achievements?

Next up from my backlog: Vanquish!
Congrats! And yeah, take a hiatus. You'll probably find yourself back sooner than you think ;)
Unfortunately actions across characters don't contribute to achievements, but you can have one character with all spells, one with all pyromancies, one with all (necessary) weapons, etc.

Haha, Vanquish is a slight change in pace, but hopefully you'll get a kick out of it. One of my other favourite games this generation besides Dark Souls!

Soulhouf

[...]I regret listening to one of my friends who told me about the drake's sword. Because it really did give me a false illusion of power, and honestly made me lazy with regard to understanding the blacksmithing.[...]

This is a perfect description of that weapon. That's why I never recommend it to new comers.

Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying the game now.

Anyone know the best place to use the White Sign Soapstone or the Dragon Eye at approximately 45-50 SL? I managed to get one or two people to summon me near the
Smough & Ornstein
boss room, but I'm wondering if I may be a bit over-leveled for that area...

FtHTiny

Anyone know the best place to use the White Sign Soapstone or the Dragon Eye at approximately 45-50 SL? I managed to get one or two people to summon me near the
Smough & Ornstein
boss room, but I'm wondering if I may be a bit over-leveled for that area...

1323119782398.jpg

is a pretty good overview of the levels for each region.

Anteater

Check out this thread - Mick is going at it like a man, and there's plenty of help and encouragement. Not that you won't find that in here, but if you want tips, it's a good place to go without totally spoiling yourself.

However, most will simply recommend that you take your time and experiment. Also, reading item descriptions and listening carefully to NPCs is another way to make the most of most situations, if you're into that sort of thing ;)

Mainly just experiment for a while and find a ring, armor and weapon set you're comfortable with for an area. So just try different armors and weapons at first, find a match that suits you and get good with it. For the rings just read the descriptions, obviously, and use them strategically.

Other than that I won't spoil too much, other than learn to read and memorize your map and area layouts. A big part of the charm of the game is the mystery and experimentation, and the repetition that goes along with it. Before long you'll think you know a area, weapons, armor, stats in and out...but you'll almost always be pleasantly surprised to find that you just scratched the surface of the depth. One of the best things about the game, imo.

Thanks, yeah I guess I'm still early so I can't really experiment much as I don't have much equipments/souls for stuff.

So far I found a blacksmith and beat some fatty armored mage with some zombie dudes and found some guy in a cell at the top at the church in Undead Parish.
I think there's a boss up a ladder according to the messages so I decided to go back to save and use my souls, hope those dudes don't respawn!

Early on, I used one of those items that lets you coop with another player by accident and a player summoned me while I was poisoned, lol :(

Zzoram

Is the PC version going to share this thread when it comes out? Is this thread going to be moved back to Gaming for a month while it's a new release?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Is the PC version going to share this thread when it comes out? Is this thread going to be moved back to Gaming for a month while it's a new release?
If going by the rules, no and no. New threads for new news.

I expect there will be a Dark Souls PC release thread made and a lot of discussion cross-posted there and here. Would be nice if the new thread OP had a link directing here though.

Anteater

stupid gargoyles and the fire breath, it takes most of my health when that second one spawn, I'll try again tomorrow and figure out something.

stupid gargoyles and the fire breath, it takes most of my health when that second one spawn, I'll try again tomorrow and figure out something.
If you're in human form you can summon co-op - other players when online, or there are two NPC summons if you've met the two guys so far (sounds like you have).

Mxrz

Depending on when the DLC is coming for consoles, I'll likely avoid the Dark Souls threads. I want to do the new content blind, and some random'er will likely blurt it all out 5 minutes in.

It wouldn't surprise me if the DLC description was "Dark Souls DLC." No other information. You download it, but there is no in game indication that anything is new or different. Probably a new zone but you have to find it somehow. :D

Wowbagger

Arrgh. :( I have 14M souls and 99 humanity stuck down in the Four Kings boss room and have gone through a dozen sacrifice rings already just trying to get back down there (invaders and carelessness).

I beat them solo in NG+5 after getting tired of useless summons, but I've since changed my build, replacing the Bellowing Dragoncrest ring with the FAP ring, and my spam combustion strategy no longer works (just need more castings, really, but I refuse to level up beyond 120).

Anyone with a seriously OP build in range of 120 willing to help out? I'm in NG+6. :/

Troidal

I haven't played the game in a long time, but I know I am stuck in the forest. I didn't know what answer to give to that cat, and I ended up not joining their clan/guild :( I've mainly been grinding souls fighting those ghost warriors in the forest, and I can pay the priest so I can talk to the cat and join his/her clan/guild, is there any benefit other than being able to buy some weapons/armors from a merchant that's supposed to be a part of the clan? And I hear you won't need to fight those giant rolling cats or wolves, what were they, I forgot. Totally messed up everything in the forest it seems.

The other areas I considered exploring but stopped:

- Blight town: went through the back door, so I go down and meet those guys shooting poison arrows at you. I can't bypass them, and tried to find another route, but it seems like there isn't.

- The sewers with those slimes on the ceiling... I reached a part where there is a very large room. I am assuming you fight a big monster of sorts but I chickened out and didn't trigger the event. If I fight this boss, where would it lead to? A new area?

- Blight town: went through the back door, so I go down and meet those guys shooting poison arrows at you. I can't bypass them, and tried to find another route, but it seems like there isn't.

- The sewers with those slimes on the ceiling... I reached a part where there is a very large room. I am assuming you fight a big monster of sorts but I chickened out and didn't trigger the event. If I fight this boss, where would it lead to? A new area?
The boss of the Depths gives you the key to Blighttown (the front door).

Troidal

The boss of the Depths gives you the key to Blighttown (the front door).

Oh :-( So it's inevitable at this point that I have to go there huh.

One more thing, near the forest, there's a giant lake and I know you fight a Hydra there. I hear you dont need to fight it. Anything worthwhile?

I know, I should explore on my own, but it's been on my backlog for so long...I think I am getting impatient and wanting to speed up the process a little bit.

You have to go through Blighttown to get to the second bell.
One more thing, near the forest, there's a giant lake and I know you fight a Hydra there. I hear you dont need to fight it. Anything worthwhile?
Mostly worthwhile for Sorcerers...
I know, I should explore on my own, but it's been on my backlog for so long...I think I am getting impatient and wanting to speed up the process a little bit.
Once you've rang both bells, you can go to Sen's Fortress. After that, the area progression of the game becomes more clear.

Soulhouf

Arrgh. :( I have 14M souls and 99 humanity stuck down in the Four Kings boss room and have gone through a dozen sacrifice rings already just trying to get back down there (invaders and carelessness).

I beat them solo in NG+5 after getting tired of useless summons, but I've since changed my build, replacing the Bellowing Dragoncrest ring with the FAP ring, and my spam combustion strategy no longer works (just need more castings, really, but I refuse to level up beyond 120).

Anyone with a seriously OP build in range of 120 willing to help out? I'm in NG+6. :/

I already helped some crazy Japanese players in NG+9 and beyond so I guess I can do it (even if I'm out of practice now).
Here is my PSN ID: Soulhouf

Troidal

Once you've rang both bells, you can go to Sen's Fortress. After that, the area progression of the game becomes more clear.

I see, the second bell is just up ahead then, cool. If it becomes more clear, I should try to get back playing the game. Ohhhh I hunger ...

2AdEPT

genius wrote:
I may start a brand new character for the DLC and choose the Pendant at the start, just so I can explore as many possibilities as possible at every point the new content should "connect" with the full game. So interested to learn more. What about you guys? Will you start fresh (I guess so if on PC), or continue from a NG+ character or something?
I am excited to do it all fresh on pC version wth my new rig built.... Problem is what to build? Prolly have to go Sunbro/Darkmoon with dex and faith hybrid......I fear sorcery would be too OP. Realy is tough to say though.....as I will want to use what I find int here ahead of old equipment...but who knows what's in there???? Guess I will try to stay low leve as not to hacncuff PVP paths etc.

THere is no area that doesn't become easy once you prepare for it...Blighttown + rusted ring, +10 purple clumps +5 blooming clumps +tattered or antiquated or even gold -hemmed set (which only can be acquired after killing the boss) = easy mode. YOu can go direct to the boss via back door although ifyou can findthe bonfire down there its better for hiring help with boss)...get powerful armour and weapons and rings frrom sens fortress and BLAST through BT backward....there is a tonneof good loot in there so do come back to it, but no need to do it in a way that is masochist or retarded....there are many many items and simple strategy points that you best recognize exist forthis to be a workable level.

As for the hydra YES there is incredible incredible loot there....any menacing area in the souls series will usually reward you for your courageeousness, toughness and/or ingenuity and this plave is no exception. I have played over a thousand hours now in souls and my end equipment for Dark characters always includes at least two pieces of armour from there, and even thoughI am not always a sorcerer I try to have 16 INT for a certain sorcery....which is a very very fun to use sorcery to saythe least...think wabbajack in oblivion but better...waaaay better. Magic users basically can NOT afford to miss out on this area and should actualy go there direct form undead burg after killing havel if they can do it.

The Hydra is easy if you use arrows. I use bows any chance I get in DS, fun and low-risk.

There is a safe spot to snipe the Hydra, stand behind the tree and rock near the armour set that is on the shoreline. You might need to take a couple of shielded hits to find that sweet spot where the splash from the Hydra's magic doesn't hit you.

Alternatively you can come at it from the other end of the garden, standing at the top of ladder that connects that side of the garden to the basin you can snipe also, but it's a fair distance so unless you're using feather arrows and have the hawk ring (don't think you can get it yet IIRC) you probably won't do much damage.

If you're a magic user, Hydra is worth doing now, if not save it for later.

genius wrote:
Magic users basically can NOT afford to miss out on this area and should actualy go there direct form undead burg after killing havel if they can do it.
I agree.

That is my standard path now I don't even do the Taurus demon any more - Undead Burg -> Havel -> Basin/Forest for grass shield and some moss clumps -> Titanite Demon -> Parish. Leaving the Berg open for invasions at any level.

Also, you can indeed easily reach Blighttown through the back door. If you ran into a big group of poison dart guys, you went the wrong way. That's an optional area that rewards you
a fire keeper's soul

Instead, keep finding ladders that eventually take you down to the water wheel. Once you ride it down, you just need to follow the wall to the left and get your bonfire there. After that, you can explore more safely.

Aesthet1c

So I'm completely stuck on Smough and Ornstein. I'm like SL 52 or something. I'm running with the gold hemmed set and an eagle shield with quelaags furysword, and I can't even make a dent in them.

I've tried going human and bringing the NPC Knight in to help, and I was able to get super Ornstein to like half health, but I've only been able to do that once. Any other time I attempt to get to him I get invaded and murdered before I am even able to summon the knight.

I know it's a pretty broad question, but anyone have any tips for this fight? I'm pretty much all melee, I would like to kill smough first so I can get ornsteins armor.. But I'm getting frustrated enough that I just want to get past them.

Soulhouf

So I'm completely stuck on Smough and Ornstein. I'm like SL 52 or something. I'm running with the gold hemmed set and an eagle shield with quelaags furysword, and I can't even make a dent in them.

I've tried going human and bringing the NPC Knight in to help, and I was able to get super Ornstein to like half health, but I've only been able to do that once. Any other time I attempt to get to him I get invaded and murdered before I am even able to summon the knight.

I know it's a pretty broad question, but anyone have any tips for this fight? I'm pretty much all melee, I would like to kill smough first so I can get ornsteins armor.. But I'm getting frustrated enough that I just want to get past them.

Is your Eagle Shield +10? For beginners that helps a lot because even their strongest attacks will not make you flinch with that.

Alucrid

Banned
Anyone have any suggestions for cutting Seath's tail off? Tried having him break the crystal then run around but apparently I don't do enough damage when he's stunned to get it.

Any other time I attempt to get to him I get invaded and murdered before I am even able to summon the knight.
heehee, Anor is such a hotbed of invasions!

How about trying human help rather than just Solaire? The bonfire is usually full of summon signs at that level range - just take one sunbro and then summon Solaire if you still want a challenge.

Keeping a low equipment burden is a good idea for O&S so you keep that fast roll, I don't know what rings you're using, but I suggest using Havel's which should make sure you are moving fast since the gold hemmed set is light (or have the flippy ring of course). Dodging attacks is crucial to this boss fight IMO.

Also pyro and magic are useful for relatively risk-free mid-range attacking.

I gave O&S a try solo for once. It was quite exciting, but unfortunately I ate a surprise dash attack when I turned my back for a second. I might keep at it, it would be nice to have taken down these two on my own.

Yo Gotti

Banned

This fight was just causing me so many problems on my LVL 5 run. It's a hard fight for a melee character, and there are no real tricks to winning, so hopefully these basic tips help.

- Summon Solaire.
- Smough is weak to lightning. If you can, use a lightning weapon to kill him as quickly as possible, Smough whips Solaire's ass, so try to keep his aggro on you while Solaire distracts Ornstein.
- Ornstein is weak to fire, but barely. In all of my experiences he's a tank against anything enchanted or elemental weapons.
- Once Smough is down, stay as close as possible to Super Ornstein, pretty much all of his ranged and jumping attacks are guard crushing, it's easy for them to catch you at a bad time. If you stick close he'll mostly do his light attacks. Watch out for his Lightning Spear grab, this can easily be avoided by rolling towards him when he tries to stab you.
- When he does his lightning jump slam and you can't get away, just block it instead of trying to roll at the last second. I died well over a dozen times to this move because I didn't think to simply block it.

Finally, this is the strategy that helped me win:
- Grab the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring from Blacksmith Griggs + the Power Within pyromancy from Blighttown, this will give you an extra 50% damage. With the Dragoncrest Ring equipped the health drain will be so slow that you'll barely have to worry about healing. As soon as Smough goes down, cast Power Within and go to town on Super O.

Good luck.

Soulhouf

With the Dragoncrest Ring equipped the health drain will be so slow that you'll barely have to worry about healing. As soon as Smough goes down, cast Power Within and go to town on Super O.

The dragon crest ring only extends power within effect.
To reduce your HP drain, simply use a non upgraded pyro flame.

i-Lo

Yesterday, I defeated the Four Kings and OMFG.. it was so fucking trippy. I had a real hard time judging distance of my character to the boss in the beginning. It screwed me so much that not only ended up using 7 Estus flasks (from 10 after beating wraiths) but also 12 Humanities. I later saw videos of others playing at levels around 50 and they had almost no trouble besides a few minor hiccups. Of course, unlike them who dispatched one enemy at a time, after I defeated one, I got swarmed by 4 more. So it tells me something went wrong with my timing because at the time when I faced them my overall level was 131 (on my first playthrough). I must say, I absolutely LOVED the concept of the boss fight. In my book it's the best so far alongside Smough and Ornstein.

Questions: If I were to go back to the abyss bonfire now, would I still require the ring? Also, can you summon real players for that boss fight or is it just the Witch?

can you summon real players for that boss fight or is it just the Witch?
Yes. Usually summon signs are found right at the start where the merchant and lift back to Firelink is.

There is a shortcut most people use
When the water is drained in Anor Londo, you can drop down to the right of the first set of steps after the wooden bridges, where there is a treasure of two transient curses - you drop down to the small courtyard just before illusory wall.

lvl131 seems super high, but I can appreciate on your first playthrough how you can be overlevelled so you have lots of health etc. I would not level up any more for the rest of the game now. Most activity seems to drop after 120~ from what everyone says.

Wowbagger

I already helped some crazy Japanese players in NG+9 and beyond so I guess I can do it (even if I'm out of practice now).
Here is my PSN ID: Soulhouf

Greatly appreciate the offer, but, after hours of failed attempts, I finally managed to beat them. It was a bittersweet victory, as I resorted to using divine blessings to heal fast whenever I took a solid hit. Many thanks anyway!

Once again I had to go it alone, as the phantoms I summoned just weren't prepared for how hard monsters hit in NG+6 (as hard as in NG+9 -- it's the last round where enemies do more damage). And once again I resorted to spamming GC with the bellowing dragoncrest ring and crown of dusk. 32 casts were almost enough for the first three kings. Finishing the fight with unbuffed dex weapons was a nightmare until I decided to cheat and use divine blessings.

I strongly dislike how the fight takes place in a pitch black room. Hard to judge distances (sometimes it looks like I'm right next to a king, yet my attacks miss), but the real annoying part is not knowing where there is relatively safe space I can run to to heal -- I might be putting some distance between me and the kings or just bumping into invisible walls.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Questions: If I were to go back to the abyss bonfire now, would I still require the ring? Also, can you summon real players for that boss fight or is it just the Witch?
Congrats and good questions!
You can summon human help there, usually just before the little bridge leading to the fog gate.

I don't believe you need the ring to travel back to the Abyss bonfire, but you might want to double-check ;)

i-Lo

Yes. Usually summon signs are found right at the start where the merchant and lift back to Firelink is.

There is a shortcut most people use
When the water is drained in Anor Londo, you can drop down to the right of the first set of steps after the wooden bridges, where there is a treasure of two transient curses - you drop down to the small courtyard just before illusory wall.

lvl131 seems super high, but I can appreciate on your first playthrough how you can be overlevelled so you have lots of health etc. I would not level up any more for the rest of the game now. Most activity seems to drop after 120~ from what everyone says.

Thanks. My approach has been a balanced one when it comes character building.

Vit:40
Dex: 40
Stamina: 40
Strength: 28
Attunement: 14 (iirc)
Resistance: 13
Int: 20
Faith: 19

Current Soul level 136

I think sometimes, it's shameful to see that I still struggle at certain things others are able to achieve at a lower soul level.

Congrats and good questions!
You can summon human help there, usually just before the little bridge leading to the fog gate.

I don't believe you need the ring to travel back to the Abyss bonfire, but you might want to double-check ;)

Thanks. I am wondering:

1. Isn't it correct that I get to keep all my soul level and individual stat as I progress through to NG+?

2. Are there practices that'll enable me to be summoned more often? I have been summoned quite a few times by people in NG+ and ++ in the depths to first clear the entire area then defeating the Gaping Dragon. However, I have barely had the same luck trying to be summoned for Ornstein and Smough battle. More often that not, I end up being summoned by players post boss battle and the death of the NPC that robs Anor Londo of daylight.

hoo boy, fuck BlightTown. Good Grief, I'm hating this area with the power of a thousand burning suns.

I must say, I felt the same way. It was a place I did NOT wish to return to. It is a testament to the level design and atmosphere to evoke such reactions.

I must impress on the fact that I have not seen a game with such varied level design. I mean from Ash Lake (that soundtrack OMFG) to Blight town, Anor Londo to New Londo Ruins, Painted World of Ariamis (one I call the land of eternal twilight) to Depths. Makes me wonder where do the level designers come up with such varied concepts? It's effing brilliant!

Anteater

lol I just found out movement speed is based on % of the equipment load, now I have medium movement speed and the roll is so much better.

Just beat the capra demon, I think that was its name, one of his dogs got stuck behind some trees so I was able to kill him with ease, all according to plan.

I really need a new weapon or some sort, kind of takes forever to kill bosses with the axe I have. Decided to learn a healing spell, but that's all the skills I have outside of normal meleeing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom