• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

2AdEPT

Yeah the R2 attack does look pretty cool, the psycho stabbing R2 of the Jagged one does too!

I must be having a brain block, I can't think of where the lizards in Sen's are.

sorry the snake things...they are there right at the start and all the way through...and sorry, I thought you meant the jagged one.....its R2 would be able to thrust the whole six times and the snakes would have enough health to require all the hits.

Yo Gotti

Banned
A lot of the content is hidden.
the guy that sells armors of bosses in dark souls sells Artorias armor.You haven't faced the Dragon and there's a special pendant that actually does something!

Also
lightning weapons got nerfed and hornets dagger only does 30% now

This didn't seem to spoilery so I highlited it, and it's great news for PVP.

Hopefully
Fire Weapons
got the same treatment.

suko_32

I did the classic mistake of putting the controller down and accidentally hitting a NPC...in this case, Oswald of Carim. I'm considering starting all over again.

Antagon

Ugh, just made my way to the top of Sen's fortress, found the bonfire and somehow didn't lit it I guess. Died right after trying to jump the bridge, respawned at the Burg's Blacksmith.

Ugh, just made my way to the top of Sen's fortress, found the bonfire and somehow didn't lit it I guess. Died right after trying to jump the bridge, respawned at the Burg's Blacksmith.

You might have lit it but if you didn't rest at it you'll still spawn at the last one you rested at. That sucks, though. :(

pringles

There's a shortcut you can unlock at the top of the fortress, make sure you do.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
what do you mean by that?
Hornet ring (not dagger) only effective under 30% equip load?
If that's true, it's great for PvP.

He means
hornet's ring now increases crit damage by 30% instead of 50%.

Also some other changes from Gamefaqs:
Elemental weapons are nerfed. Lightning Spear has 200/200 instead of 220/224.
Mask of Mother nerfed: +10% HP
Mask of Father nerfed: +5% carry weight
Great Swords nerfed: MLGS and Claymore are now slow. I tested this on NPCs and they could raise their shields before the second hit connected.

+Super Armor returned.

Confirmed for 3rd Artorias Sword R2 attacks. Resisted AxeStone Knights and Asylum Demon with 37 poise. Maybe some of the old weapons changed as well. Needs testing.

I can say with certainty mid rolls have been massively buffed. The movement speed is still the same, but the point in which you can cancel into attacks or another roll is now much much earlier. Very good buff.

Yes, finally re-hyped for the game.

Antagon

There's a shortcut you can unlock at the top of the fortress, make sure you do.

I'll look for it once I got the bonfire. Made it to the top again, got killed by a bomb before the bonfire :(

15k souls are now waiting for me at the top.

Also hope to find a better weapon at some point. Been using the Black Knight Sword for nearly the entire game now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How much faith and int do I need to use some decent spells? Im going for at least 20 each in either anyway for Artorias' greatsword, will that be enough?

I think you need like 35 for the advanced spells/faiths. Don't quote me on that but you can see the stat requirements for the spells and anything red is needed to be raised.

I need to Dragon Head Glitch to 715 so I can blow through the game a second time before this DLC hits since I need to finish up my weapon collecting trophy. >_>

Zzoram

I think you need like 35 for the advanced spells/faiths. Don't quote me on that but you can see the stat requirements for the spells and anything red is needed to be raised.

I need to Dragon Head Glitch to 715 so I can blow through the game a second time before this DLC hits since I need to finish up my weapon collecting trophy. >_>

I thought they got rid of that in the most recent pre-DLC patch.

I thought they got rid of that in the most recent pre-DLC patch.

They got rid of the first Dragon Head Glitch but a new version was found which consists of facing away from an enemy, while in lock-on range, pressing square and then quickly locking on while pressing down (to switch to the next item after the Dragon Headstone) and then holding square once more. If done correctly (and it's much easier to pull off than the first one) you'll continuously use the item as before.

The new one is particularly useful when combined with the Bottomless Box as you can imagine. Now, when making a new character, all you have to do is make it to the Undead Burg and by the Bottomless Box and you can very easily just take out the Dragonhead Stone from the Bottomless Box and get to 120, all within ten minutes of starting a new game.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Made myself a new dex build in prep for the patch, will probably make a few more. Already getting low level invaded by people with 99 divine blessings, lol this game.

Fix the BB glitch all you want, but as long as people have multiple characters with 99 DBs, invasions are mostly ruined permanently as far as I'm concerned.

Zzoram

They got rid of the first Dragon Head Glitch but a new version was found which consists of facing away from an enemy, while in lock-on range, pressing square and then quickly locking on while pressing down (to switch to the next item after the Dragon Headstone) and then holding square once more. If done correctly (and it's much easier to pull off than the first one) you'll continuously use the item as before.

The new one is particularly useful when combined with the Bottomless Box as you can imagine. Now, when making a new character, all you have to do is make it to the Undead Burg and by the Bottomless Box and you can very easily just take out the Dragonhead Stone from the Bottomless Box and get to 120, all within ten minutes of starting a new game.

Did they fix this in the PC version/Artorias DLC?

So, I've defeated boss
Manus, the third one
and now I found
Dusk, lying on the floor. She doesn't respond to anything
, what do I do now?

Also, did I miss my chance to steal the
cool blue robe outfit from Ciaran by not killing her?

Zaventem

Made myself a new dex build in prep for the patch, will probably make a few more. Already getting low level invaded by people with 99 divine blessings, lol this game.

Fix the BB glitch all you want, but as long as people have multiple characters with 99 DBs, invasions are mostly ruined permanently as far as I'm concerned.

Ya the damage is already done but at least they're trying to fix things instead of leaving them.The way they are they will eventually run out of DBs.

Did they fix this in the PC version/Artorias DLC?

Unfortunately I've no idea about the PC version but considering that all reports indicate that the Bottomless Box glitch is gone, I would be very surprised if the new Dragonhead glitch wasn't gone as well. If you want to have a few new builds ready for the DLC on either the PS3 or 360, it would be extremely advisable to make a new character (doing the Bottomless Box glitch from a character with everything), get to the Undead Burg, give yourself ten million souls via the Dragonhead (which should be located within the Bottomless Box) and then repeat this with four or five other characters (if not more).

At least this way when the downloadable content is available on the Playstation Store or the Xbox Live Marketplace you can design your builds with any changes in mind as opposed to making them now and guessing as to whether there'll be any further adjustments or new weapons added.

EDIT: Actually, ponpo, how do people get all of those Divine Blessings? I've always been curious. Do they just use the Bottomless Box Glitch on nine slots, get a partner, give all the Divine Blessings to the partner, log in with the main character and take them back and repeat? It completely destroys the invasion aspect as I constantly see people running away (on both the Xbox version and the Playstation version) and just consuming Divine Blessings when they've any status effect or damage. If that's the correct method I really wish there was some way to remove it without actually removing the Bottomless Box Glitch altogether as it's very useful for making builds.

I checked GameFAQs, apparently all that's been found so far is that you can trade the final boss soul to Snuggly, which seems a bit lame. You do get a new spell though.

From looking at the wiki, you can use the
Artorias
soul either for a greatsword or for trading to this character for a set of daggers. The sword seems to be much like Greatsword of Artorias with ridiculous requirements so I don't see a real use for it.

I haven't found anything to make from the first boss' soul. Haven't tried the optional boss yet.

Still need to find
Ciaran
again, I need her pants. Surely she can't be available just in a single encounter?

Wowbagger

The item duping glitch has been fixed as well, from what I've read, so the DB abusers will run out eventually.

Apparently DB no longer heals HP in the new version.

Oh. My. God.

I returned to the first bonfire of the DLC to run through the areas again. Turns out that now there's TWO of the first boss waiting around and it's just as aggressive as before. Yeah, not going through there again very soon...

Antagon

Finally made it to Anor Londo. That Iron Golem was a pushover, didn't expect that.

I want to make a Dragon bone fist now though. The strong attack is just too badass. Completely useless, but the same goes for my dark knight sword strong attack.

How's the weapon in general use? Attack seems quite low, but it scales well with strength it seems.

sorry the snake things...they are there right at the start and all the way through...and sorry, I thought you meant the jagged one.....its R2 would be able to thrust the whole six times and the snakes would have enough health to require all the hits.
hee, I thought you meant crystal lizards! ;)

Soulhouf

Here is an update on my SL1 no upgrade run.
I just beat Quelaag after 5 tries and wanted to beat Ceasless Discharge next. Man, this is the real shit, now it's getting really hard. He kicked my ass like 20 times so... I had to use the easy mode to beat it (run to the beginning and make him fall). I would prefer to not have to use it but it's hard when you have a weapon that does barely 20 damage per hit...

Okay so that's done, I went to the Catacombs next to get the Rite of Kindeling. I got to the boss after a few tries with a group of pursuing skeletons wanting me dead :lol. I think this is the 1st time I see Pinwheels pattern and enjoy his music since always the fight ends in 8 seconds.

I'm really digging the game this way, it's like starting brand new, so I have to re think all my strategies. This game never ceases to amaze me.

Anyway, Sen's Fortress next. That will be tough.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Here is an update on my SL1 no upgrade run.
I just beat Quelaag after 5 tries and wanted to beat Ceasless Discharge next. Man, this is the real shit, now it's getting really hard. He kicked my ass like 20 times so... I had to use the easy mode to beat it (run to the beginning and make him fall). I would prefer to not have to use it but it's hard when you have a weapon that does barely 20 damage per hit...

Okay so that's done, I went to the Catacombs next to get the Rite of Kindeling. I got to the boss after a few tries with a group of pursuing skeletons wanting me dead :lol. I think this is the 1st time I see Pinwheels pattern and enjoy his music since always the fight ends in 8 seconds.

I'm really digging the game this way, it's like starting brand new, so I have to re think all my strategies. This game never ceases to amaze me.

Anyway, Sen's Fortress next. That will be tough.

Dark Souls "Master Ninja" difficulty! :p

I might actually try this on a Deprived class on PC after I finish up my first playthrough and the DLC.

If there's anything I'm annoyed at in this expansion, it's that
Ciaran
is seemingly gone for good and my lack of homicidal tendencies screwed me out of a sweet armor set. In return I murdered
Chester
, the smug bastard.

I can't bring myself to kill
Hawkeye Gough
though, he seems genuinely nice. Like Solaire (pre-maggot), Siegmeyer and Dusk, I would feel completely rotten if I attacked him.

And the Fair Lady, but I really needed that Firekeeper's Soul :(

At what point did you guys start the new content?

Just beat Artorias at SL55 with Lighting Balder Sword +2. It took me some time to kill him but I did it! Damn if that wasn't one of the best 1 on 1 fights in gaming. Maybe my new favorite boss in the game. Might be adrenaline speaking though so lol.

And that was the optional DLC boss taken care of. Not that hard with another player to distract him.

Aside from some things I skipped (Depths, Ash Lake) I'm pretty much done with this playthrough now. 22 hours played total.

^ Yeah, it's unfortunately one of the most interesting covenants, but the least rewarding in practice. I've seen so few of the signs down, I don't think many people use it. Same goes for the dragon covenant - so rare to see either sign.

I've been farming chunks in the Kiln, and have seen a few dragon eye summon signs at the main door, along with my own. SL120.

The Kiln might be a good place to Gravelord if it works there? -- I mean if it adds an BP enemies, I don't know. Seen signs a couple of times at low level in the Parish, and the Burg of course.

Tdog987

Question...when I am summoned into another persons game and they are being dumb...how do I leave (besides killing myself)...Ive seen others leave and am wondering what they are using...is it an item/spell/mir?

Dresden

Question...when I am summoned into another persons game and they are being dumb...how do I leave (besides killing myself)...Ive seen others leave and am wondering what they are using...is it an item/spell/mir?

should have a black crystal you can use (and killing yourself is another fast option)

I think they give you a saronite to return to your world

I think I might've just trapped myself in the Catacombs:

NG+ - Haven't rung either bell, but doing a few other things early like draining New Londo, killing Pinwheel etc. Well, after Pinwheel, I realised I had the sunlight maggot on me, so went for TotG too - I got to where BP Leeroy appears (he didn't) and realised you can't get to Nito before placing the Lord Vessel - d'oh! So I make my way back to the Catacombs. I can't even access Vamos because I didn't come down that way so he hasn't broken the wall, and I didn't turn either bridge - so my way back is blocked by the spikes on the lower bridge. I rested at the first bonfire in TotG so I can't even homebone!

I'm trapped aren't I?! ;__;

I think I might've just trapped myself in the Catacombs:

NG+ - Haven't rung either bell, but doing a few other things early like draining New Londo, killing Pinwheel etc. Well, after Pinwheel, I realised I had the sunlight maggot on me, so went for TotG too - I got to where BP Leeroy appears (he didn't) and realised you can't get to Nito before placing the Lord Vessel - d'oh! So I make my way back to the Catacombs. I can't even access Vamos because I didn't come down that way so he hasn't broken the wall, and I didn't turn either bridge - so my way back is blocked by the spikes on the lower bridge. I rested at the first bonfire in TotG so I can't even homebone!

I'm trapped aren't I?! ;__;
Can you go to the dark moon seance ring area? From there it takes you around to the bonfire.

one85x

That's where I am right now - The bridge is turned so I can't cross it. The other way is down and round past the exploding skulls leading to the coffin and Titanite Demon.

Bugger!
In that room right before the bridge is a breakable wall that will lead you back to the top of the Catacombs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom