• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
The DLC is up on the Playstation Store.
Be still, my heart! Can anyone confirm for EU?

The rate HP is drained no longer depends on the flame's upgrade level.
Ooh, that's interesting. Does it depend on anything else or does it stay the same regardless of level/flame upgrade? Does the buff damage increase?

Just tried Power Within properly for the first time last night... what the hell have I been doing with my life? The buff lasts for ages while the (barely noticeable) health drain is only about 10 seconds! Seems those 2 levels in Attunement for one slot were worth it.

Sullichin

Be still, my heart! Can anyone confirm for EU?

Ooh, that's interesting. Does it depend on anything else or does it stay the same regardless of level/flame upgrade? Does the buff damage increase?

Just tried Power Within properly for the first time last night... what the hell have I been doing with my life? The buff lasts for ages while the (barely noticeable) health drain is only about 10 seconds! Seems those 2 levels in Attunement for one slot were worth it.

If you use lingering dragoncrest ring with power within, the buff lasts longer, and it drains the same amount of health but over a longer period of time.

Also, in case you didn't know power within increases your stamina regen by a significant degree in addition to the increase in attack.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
If you use lingering dragoncrest ring with power within, the buff lasts longer, and it drains the same amount of health but over a longer period of time.

Also, in case you didn't know power within increases your stamina regen by a significant degree in addition to the increase in attack.
This is too much. It's like I don't even need the DLC with this new knowledge!

No WAIT! I take that back!

Mort

Banned
This is too much. It's like I don't even need the DLC with this new knowledge!

No WAIT! I take that back!

The latest patch has changed it so that upgrading the pyromancy catalyst doesn't increase the damage from the dot. The Dragon Crest Ring should still work with it, though.

You defeated!
Finally I managed to beat Dark Souls SL1 without upgrading my gear.

dssl1na_zps030c7e16.jpg

Gwyn kicked my ass many times so I summoned Solaire and he did it, so all the credits go to him against that boss.

I would like to thank 2AdEPT for the original idea for the challenge. It was very challenging and sometimes even frustrating (I died like 50 times against 4 Kings) but the experience was so unique.

Now I'm ready for the DLC!

Wow that's an amazing achievement. But.. You didn't upgrade your gear either? SL1 on its own would be tough enough, but no gear upgrades is crazy!

Feindflug

For anyone interested in the console PTDE retail copies, I got my 360 version today and there is no CE content like the PC version in this one plus there is no DLC voucher to redeem so the new content is on the disc.

OK, pre-patch I have got both my builds to Firelink Shrine AFTER receiving the Lord Vessel.

So, time to patch and DLC? Can't wait! Shame about the Nerfs, I loved my Lightning Claymore +5 and Moonlight Butterfly Horn +5, but never mind.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Damn, Atorias of the Aybss is pretty tough. That opening boss fight. D: Managed to get through it but definitely didn't expect THAT for an opening.

Ridley327

Is there new magic for INT builds in the new content? My Soul Spears are RAD but something new would be great!

Yes, there are! There are a total of four new sorceries (three in the environment, one that involves trading with Snuggly) and one new pyromancy to find, and they actually operate quite a bit differently than you're used to, as they are slower spells, but wind up hitting a shitload harder, especially the spell you can get from trading.

Yes, there are! There are a total of four new sorceries (three in the environment, one that involves trading with Snuggly) and one new pyromancy to find, and they actually operate quite a bit differently than you're used to, as they are slower spells, but wind up hitting a shitload harder, especially the spell you can get from trading.

Amazing, thanks! So excited about this!

Regarding INT builds, what Catalysts are good? I've been using the Sorcerers one for ages now and it dishes out fuck tons of damage, but should I be using another one? I've got the Tin one that I found in Blighttown but I don't think it's as good, it just has a better thrust attack.

Just got the Lord Vessel so I know that thingy's who I rescue from Dukes Archive has a good one, but I've not got to him yet.

TheSeks

Logans. Unless you're talking Faith then what's-her-faces is the best.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Is Dark Sun Gwyndolin easy to find without a guide? I've done pretty much everything in DS without using a guide, but I can't seen to find this boss.

jorgeton

DLC question:

After beating that bastard Artorias Knight, some lady popped up and asked me to give her his soul. Should I? Or should I hold on to the soul?

EasyMode

DLC question:

After beating that bastard Artorias Knight, some lady popped up and asked me to give her his soul. Should I? Or should I hold on to the soul?

Hold on to it.
But if you leave after she asks that question she will be gone forever, so kill her if you want her stuff.

jorgeton

Hold on to it.
But if you leave after she asks that question she will be gone forever, so kill her if you want her stuff.

Thanks. I walked back to the nearest bonfire and quit the game. Hopefully she'll be there when I get back
so I can murder her :D

TheSeks

Actually, you can
make a catalyst with one of the DLC bosses souls
but I dunno how well that is. As far as the base game/before PtD goes Logan's was the best.

What's going on? The DLC is appearing on the EU store but I keep getting a message saying "This content cannot be selected at this time". Is anybody else geting this error?

EDIT: Well that answers that then. I'm growing restless waiting for the DLC but I'm undecided as to whether to start a new playthrough for it or not. What Soul Level is everybody playing through it at?

Downloaded the DLC yesterday and played up till
Chasm of Abyss
, saw
the flood of moving humanities trying to murder me
and promptly wrote "Tears" on the floor. It's quite ironic that the very thing that every mortal is fighting over is now trying to kill them.

Artorias
is a great boss, almost like an honest version of Gwyn. I saw some footage of the boss fight and I thought "huh, his attacks look straight forward enough". But then I realized simplicity also means brutal efficiency, I was fighting him on new game+ with a shitty PVP build so he had a LOT of health to go through and does 40% with every hit. Not the hardest boss in the game but definitely one of the most intense one, no gimmicks, no tricks, just pure knightly duels.

Overall I'm really loving the new area, it really reminds me of Duke's Archive and Undead Burg. Where the player needs to stick to the fundamentals in order to survive.

Why put the ads up on PSN store so early if they DLC isn't available yet, grrrr!

Is Dark Sun Gwyndolin easy to find without a guide? I've done pretty much everything in DS without using a guide, but I can't seen to find this boss.
It's a little bit convoluted, you need to equip an item found somewhere else completely in the game. If you haven't worked it out, probably best to wiki it.

In The Catacombs is a breakable wall, behind which is the Darkmoon Seance Ring (same way as getting the Tranquil Walk Of Peace miracle), equip this ring in the room with the bonfire at the lowest level of the elevator stairway in Anor Londo to make the path appear.

The EU PSN store has now removed the Dark Souls DLC.

That's just ridiculous. I agree with Red Licourice, if the DLC isn't available/wasn't yet ready to be released why did they even bother putting it up on the store in the first place? Of course, I realise it isn't a serious problem at all, it'll probably be up in the next hour but I still can't help but question the logic of putting up on the store when it's not yet available.

EDIT: Just went on the store and it's there again but the same error. That is bizarre.

EDIT: The Halloween Sale is now appearing though yet it too appears to be empty at the moment so I'd say it's still gradually updating and things are appearing before they are actually available.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Why put the ads up on PSN store so early if they DLC isn't available yet, grrrr!

It's a little bit convoluted, you need to equip an item found somewhere else completely in the game. If you haven't worked it out, probably best to wiki it.

In The Catacombs is a breakable wall, behind which is the Darkmoon Seance Ring (same way as getting the Tranquil Walk Of Peace miracle), equip this ring in the room with the bonfire at the lowest level of the elevator stairway in Anor Londo to make the path appear.

Just beat him. Pretty cool battle!

Wowbagger

God dammit! 9 PM and the store still isn't updated. What's going on here?!? Kills me knowing I already have the new content installed and just have to wait for Sony to get its shit together so I can download the damn unlock key.

Has there been any reason given for why the content was removed?

It wasn't...kind of. The current situation is that the "Artorias of the Abyss" downloadable content appears in the "Latest > All" section with a price of €12.99. Upon selecting it however you get the error I have previously mentioned. In a very strange event however, the downloadable content, from what I can see, isn't visible in any other area on the store. As a result, why the content is not working is just bizarre and I'm waiting for some kind of official statement. I have to imagine it's going to end up delayed as a result considering the time. I don't know how long those who are on the SCEE store team work but I'd imagine their day is ending soon, if it has not done so already.

It's on UK PSN now!

"Gold Trophy Unlocked:
YOU DEFEATED error 'This content cannot be selected at this time'!

The true Dark Souls starts here, praise the Sun!

What soul level is everybody starting the DLC at? I've started a new run but I'm unsure of what level to reach before trying the DLC (or alternatively whether or not I should just use another pre-existing character)?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
My advice for characters on the DLC: start a new character if you've already gotten the Covenant of Artorias (abyss-walking ring). Otherwise do the DLC first before you go after it.

That's all I'm gonna say detail wise.

Post Smough & Ornstein is the best time to tackle the DLC level-wise (SL55-80).

My advice for characters on the DLC: start a new character if you've already gotten the Covenant of Artorias (abyss-walking ring). Otherwise do the DLC first before you go after it.

That's all I'm gonna say detail wise.

Post Smough & Ornstein is the best time to tackle the DLC level-wise (SL55-80).

Damn, now you have me intrigued. I have 3 characters ready to go, but Sif is dead in all 3. XD
Hope the ring doesn't effect something in the story.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It's not major but definitely a recommendation.

And you'd be surprised how quick you can level and progress up to SL50 on subsequent runs. Especially when you have the master key to skip Blighttown and make a beeline for decent gear.

Those white orbs are in every area now pretty much. Like you said I only ever saw them in the catacombs till now. Is the one of the changes from the patch, or are more people playing now?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Specifically, more people are playing in the area you guys are playing in right now since the DLC was just released on consoles.

Got the DLC. Tried to warp to The Depths and its not on there. Do you need to go BACK to The Depths post DLC for it to show up? I went there previously to get the Ember and rested at the bonfire

The Parish isn't there either

Edit: Ah yes, Parish now showing since going there, warping to Firelink and testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom