• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

EasyMode

Wow, just took out Four Kings on my first ever attempt. That is one intense fight!

Edit: Oh man, Gwyn is eating my lunch. Any tips for this guy?

Try parrying the second hit of his three hit combo. A fully upgraded Black Knight Shield is ideal for the fight, and the knights in the Kiln drop it sometimes.

Played for a while, it's pretty awesome! DWGR being so gimped is very interesting. The old text is back too...

The new area was pretty hard or maybe I was just so rusty

Almost beat Artorias on my second try. First try was like "hmm, he just walks here, this will be pretty easy. Second try was somersault attack somersault attack somersault attack wtf?!. Died couple more times, gonna give it another try later

What's up with the Light Rings everywhere? (the ones that you see in the end of catacombs)

Strife91

Hey guys. I was wondering, how hard is it to summon your friends for co-op play? The player count should be much lower than launch, so is it much easier now?

Hey guys. I was wondering, how hard is it to summon your friends for co-op play? The player count should be much lower than launch, so is it much easier now?

I don't think so. It still takes me about ten to fifteen minutes on the Xbox version to summon specific people and on the Playstation version it took a similar amount of time and outside one of the DLC bosses, with multiple summon signs, I got about ten "failed to summon" messages so if that occurs while summoning a friend it could take a large amount of time.

@Petri They're resonance places, areas where other players used miracles. If you then use miracles on these spots the miracle's effect is amplified.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
@Petri They're resonance places, areas where other players used miracles. If you then use miracles on these spots the miracle's effect is amplified.

Except I've been seeing them a lot more often in 1.06 even though I have none of the spells those spots are apparently using. So uh...?

Also I FUCKING HATE THESE ARCHERS IN ANOR LONDO. Third time through the game (for Platinum now) and they're stopping me from getting the last two weapon upgrades I need. FFFFFUUUUUUU.

Edit: Oh man, Gwyn is eating my lunch. Any tips for this guy?

Parry, or roll out of the way. He'll be constantly attacking but if you keep your stamina at 50% and have stamina recharge items he becomes pretty piss easy if you just roll roll roll, slash, roll roll. Recharge. Roll roll, slash, roll. Recharge...

Or if you can eat a few attacks, buff poise since it's broken and then just wade in and attack him quickly while rolling out of the way to eat a Estus or two quickly before wading back in to attack him.

But that last one requires you to be doing decent damage to where you buffing your Estus to 20 isn't going to go to waste having you quaff them endlessly only to run out at 10%

I decided to start a hunter playthrough. I am recording it and doing post-game commentary. It's kinda like a let's play, but I'm going to be cutting all the fill, and only keep in the important stuff. It's basically a highlights playthough.

If anyone is interested, the playlist can be found at:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL964jgaL-2u-XMgFTXZi0BsGrvcLa0hjL

I will try to get 2 episodes up a week, once on weekends, and once throughout the week, mid-weekish

Except I've been seeing them a lot more often in 1.06 even though I have none of the spells those spots are apparently using. So uh...?

Also I FUCKING HATE THESE ARCHERS IN ANOR LONDO. Third time through the game (for Platinum now) and they're stopping me from getting the last two weapon upgrades I need. FFFFFUUUUUUU.

Parry, or roll out of the way. He'll be constantly attacking but if you keep your stamina at 50% and have stamina recharge items he becomes pretty piss easy if you just roll roll roll, slash, roll roll. Recharge. Roll roll, slash, roll. Recharge...

Or if you can eat a few attacks, buff poise since it's broken and then just wade in and attack him quickly while rolling out of the way to eat a Estus or two quickly before wading back in to attack him.

But that last one requires you to be doing decent damage to where you buffing your Estus to 20 isn't going to go to waste having you quaff them endlessly only to run out at 10%

Did you try the infamous poison arrows? Easiest way by far.

Took me like 25 tries to beat
Astorias

The next place is kinda cool, just killed myself by accidentally jumping off a roof ._.

edit: fucking dark magic

I have died at least 50 times on this DLC

Been co-oping in the Burg today and seen hardly anyone at all using duped stuff, there seems to have been a real drop off from what I've seen. I got summoned and the other white phantom was using later game stuff but got trashed by Havel, so I finished the job with my lowly Estoc+4.

Then later on a host got invaded in the Parish, I thought we were done for since I knew they were very low on estus, but between us we managed to take the invader out - wearing derp mask + Queelag's fury sword, so I guess he was trolling in the Parish but not exactly using end game stuff, still it felt good to take an invader out with starting gear.

Really feeling the game again afresh post-patch.

Ring of fog+Arrows stand on the middle tower and get constant headshots, they don't have time to react inbetween each headshot.

If anyone is interested, the playlist can be found at:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...i0BsGrvcLa0hjL

I will try to get 2 episodes up a week, once on weekends, and once throughout the week, mid-weekish
I'll be watching, link doesn't work though.

Been co-oping in the Burg today and seen hardly anyone at all using duped stuff, there seems to have been a real drop off from what I've seen. I got summoned and the other white phantom was using later game stuff but got trashed by Havel, so I finished the job with my lowly Estoc+4.

Then later on a host got invaded in the Parish, I thought we were done for since I knew they were very low on estus, but between us we managed to take the invader out - wearing derp mask + Queelag's fury sword, so I guess he was trolling in the Parish but not exactly using end game stuff, still it felt good to take an invader out with starting gear.

Really feeling the game again afresh post-patch.

Ring of fog+Arrows stand on the middle tower and get constant headshots, they don't have time to react inbetween each headshot.

I'll be watching, link doesn't work though.

Damnit. Well I fixed it now, I think!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL964jgaL-2u-XMgFTXZi0BsGrvcLa0hjL

Whether or not you have miracles or not doesn't have an effect on whether or not they appear. But, if you do buy and equip a miracle and you stand on one of the white rings the equipped miracle will have a glowing white ring on it in the HUD. The power of the miracle will then be increased if you use it. As for them being more common, that's probably just as a result of an increase in players since the patch.

Booshka

I've done 3 full co op playthroughs with different friends. It can take a little time to summon at first, but after you do it once or twice, I've noticed your signs show up quicker and the success of the summon is more frequent. If you aren't seeing their sign after 10 mins, have both of you quit to title screen or to XMB/Dashboard and restart at the same time. Also, when placing your sign, agree on an obscure out of the way place that only you two will likely see. This way, there will be less player traffic trying to summon you or your friend, which can cause summoning failed over and over.

Hopefully you get smooth summoning. Full co-op playthroughs were some of the most fun I had with this game, going through every boss and area with a friend was really cool.

Soulhouf

It wasn't working in the 1.05 version that's why we couldn't see them.
Now you will always see them even if you don't have miracles but if you have them and use them in these spots they will be amplified.

NinjaBoiX

I played a fair bit today, but alas, I'm stuck again.

I took the path under the bridge, killed the Midnight Butterfly, then killed the Bell Guardians. I rang the bell, and headed to BT to ring the other. But I'm struggling to find my way through. Do I need to use water wheels to get across? I'm scratching my head looking for the way out.

I have vitality, endurance, strength, dexterity and resistance up to level 20. Am I in good shape, or shall I grind some more? Will I regret not putting anything on attunement, intelligence and faith? The are at 9. Also, what's this humanity all about?

Booshka

I took the path under the bridge, killed the Midnight Butterfly, then killed the Bell Guardians. I rang the bell, and headed to BT to ring the other. But I'm struggling to find my way through. Do I need to use water wheels to get across? I'm scratching my head looking for the way out.

I have vitality, endurance, strength, dexterity and resistance up to level 20. Am I in good shape, or shall I grind some more? Will I regret not putting anything on attunement, intelligence and faith? The are at 9. Also, what's this humanity all about?

Stop leveling Resistance, it's a useless stat compared to the others. I would focus on leveling Endurance and Vitality until you decide if you prefer Strength or Dexterity weapons, or if you just want to use elemental weapons. You shouldn't need to grind for levels, instead focus on upgrading gear and weapons.

Humanity is a healing item, stat buffing item, and also pivotal to the online component of this game. There is humanity as an item, and then there is Active humanity in a counter on the top left of your screen next to your health and stamina bars. Active Humanity boosts your overall defense stats the higher the number, and some weapons deal more damage with humanity scaling (up to 10). Furthermore, you can be either Human form or Hollow form. That same counter will be bordered white when you are Human, and grey when you are Hollow form. Your character looks like a zombie when you are Hollow and well, Human, when you are Human form.

Being in Human form allows you to be invaded, but also lets you summon NPC's and real players to help you through areas and ultimately help fight the area boss. As Hollow form, you can not be invaded, and cannot summon for help, but you yourself, can put a summon sign down to help others as either Human or Hollow form.

For a little more leveling advice, if you'd like you could put one point into Attunement to get one magic slot, then use Pyromancy, or put a couple points into Intelligence or Faith and try out some spells. For new players I highly suggest having one magic slot, taking your Faith to 12 and using the basic Heal spell. It has 5 casts and can heal about as much as an Estus flask. This spell can really save your life and allows you to get through areas and make it to the next bonfire easier. Use the Spell after fights and out of battle if you can, and use your Estus for those sticky situations because the cast time on the spell is much longer than chugging an estus or two. It also helps when you help as a phantom in another persons game, where you cant heal yourself with Estus.

Are you in The Depths or in Blightown? If you went in from the backside (New Londo Ruins -> Valley Of Drakes -> Blightown) I suggests that you go back to the Undead Parish and find you way to another boss and then the Depths. If you have already beaten those places, the look for the ladders everywhere in Blightown. Also the poison dart guys don't respawn

Do not put any points to Resistance - it's useless. If you are aiming for Melee build (as most will in their first playthrough) do not waste your points on Faith or INT either. Buying the Pyromancy Glove (if you didn't start with a Pyromancer) is recommended. You can get another attunement slot later.

As for humanity: There are two kinds of humanity (this really should be in the OT if it isn't yet):

- Loose
- Humanity the item

You get loose humanity by using the items or sometimes from killing enemies. When you die, your will lose your loose humanity if you don't reclaim them where you died just like souls. Humanity is used at bonfires to become human, which means that you can co-op but you also can be invaded. I wouldn't recommend becoming a human until you get the basics of fighting down really well, or until you are really stuck on some boss and need some help. You can co-op with certain NPC:s or human players. When you are human, you can see summon signs in front of boss doors and near bonfires. You can also lay down your own summon sign if you have found certain NPC and you have cleared that area already.

Humanity also kindles the bonfire, which means that you will get more Estus Flasks from them. The kindling is permanent and is EXTREMELY recommended. At first you can kindle them only once (= 10 Flasks).

Loose humanity also rises certain stats, from defense to item drop rate but there is always the risk of losing them when you die. They must be used on some covenants too or can be used as a health item but it's not really recommended unless you are super close beating a boss with lots of souls or in similar cases.

edit: Booshka :(

edit2: Almost beat everything in the DLC already (minus one boss). It was super cool, some of the best areas in the game and I have yet to try all the new items but it was kinda short after all.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

I'm sorry to hear that...

Dresden

Attunement, Intelligence, and Faith are for spellcasting. If you have no interest in magic, there's no point in investing points into these.

At this point, you need to level vitality, endurance, and ONE damage stat you want, either strength or dexterity. Jack of all trades isn't quite as viable as a focused build.

Just remember that small quick weapons tend to use dex, while big weapons use strength.

Anteater

Attunement, Intelligence, and Faith are for spellcasting. If you have no interest in magic, there's no point in investing points into these.

At this point, you need to level vitality, endurance, and ONE damage stat you want, either strength or dexterity. Jack of all trades isn't quite as viable as a focused build.

Just remember that small quick weapons tend to use dex, while big weapons use strength.

Remember to upgrade your weapons, game is much easier if you do enough damage against enemies.

Strife91

I've done 3 full co op playthroughs with different friends. It can take a little time to summon at first, but after you do it once or twice, I've noticed your signs show up quicker and the success of the summon is more frequent. If you aren't seeing their sign after 10 mins, have both of you quit to title screen or to XMB/Dashboard and restart at the same time. Also, when placing your sign, agree on an obscure out of the way place that only you two will likely see. This way, there will be less player traffic trying to summon you or your friend, which can cause summoning failed over and over.

Hopefully you get smooth summoning. Full co-op playthroughs were some of the most fun I had with this game, going through every boss and area with a friend was really cool.

Thanks, man.

dokish

Banned
Hello GAF. I'm almost finished with XIII-2 and Dark Souls is my next game. I have a sealed PS3 copy!

I enjoyed Demon's Souls so much and I can't wait to start this game.

My initial questions:

- Is the 'master key' the way to go? Can someone give me a example of why is it worth it?
- I had a blast playing as Wanderer. What class should I embrace this time? Pyromancer? I wanna go crazy on the spells.
- Anything that I SHOULDN'T do to break my game?

Thanks.

My initial questions:

- Is the 'master key' the way to go? Can someone give me a example of why is it worth it?
- I had a blast playing as Wanderer. What class should I embrace this time? Pyromancer? I wanna go crazy on the spells.

Thanks.

Master Key gives you access to quite a few shortcuts you wouldn't get until later. Everything else (except for the Pendant, I believe, but all the Pendant does is get traded for something else) you can get in-game while the Master Key itself you can only get by starting with it. That's usually why people take it.

Pyromancer is good if you want to balance spells with melee, since pyromancy strength is linked to the glove and not to any specific stat. Sorcerer is more of a pure spellcaster, but it's also easy mode since a lot of the bosses are really easy if you have long-range spells, but some bosses are immune to fire which means you need to have something to complement your pyromancy.

Resistance is a worthless stat, don't put anything into it. Other than that, like I said, sorcerers are the easiest class (like Royals from Demon's Souls) while melee presents more of a challenge but is also more fun once you get timing down.

Johnas

Hello GAF. I'm almost finished with XIII-2 and Dark Souls is my next game. I have a sealed PS3 copy!

My initial questions:

Thanks.

Master Key is absolutely the starting gift to pick. If you start as a Thief, you get it automatically, so you can pick something else then. What it does is give you access to various areas earlier than you could if you didn't have it, and it makes the world more open and allows more exploration. It won't mean quite as much on your first playthrough, but on repeated plays you'll really be able to appreciate it. Still, pick it for your first run, all the other gifts can be acquired other ways, and none of them are nearly as useful.

I don't use magic or pyromancy at all, so I can't comment there.

As far as your build goes, you're aware of this I'm sure, but don't spread your stats too thin. If you go for magic, you'll want intelligence, attunement and faith, I would guess. Wanderer is not a bad class to pick for physical combat. I picked it last time, and had a blast. My current build is Thief, which turned out to be a lot more fun than I thought (backstab damage with Bandit Knife is ridiculous).

Evolved1

My initial questions:

Thanks.

The way spells work is kinda weird: there's magic spells, miracles, and pyromancy.

You need intelligence for magic, faith for miracles, and pyromancy is basically "free" in that you don't have to level any skill to be a powerful pyromancer. There is a weapon that you upgrade that will buff your pyromancy. So you just pay souls to buff it, and you don't have to spend levels. So a super low level player can have very strong pyromancy. The only thing you'd need to "level" is attunement, so you can equip pyromancy spells. These are also some of the most badass attacks in the game, very powerful... and very useful if you do a lot of farming. Most players build up pyromancy, just because it doesn't really have a negative affect on any build you might be going for. Like I said, it's basically free. So lots of people go that route.

I recommend looking at a faq to wrap your head around it... I don't use a lot of spells, so I'm not that familiar with it all.

edit: I just started a new character tonight... we should team up sometime if start you playing soon. I have hardly anyone to summon. And I'm going to keep her real low level for as long as possible. I'm gonna try and build a character with dual whips (lol) and no bow/crossbow. Hopefully I don't get bored trudging through the early game until I get my whips. I was trying to summon for some speedrun help, but no luck. :(

dokish

Banned
The way spells work is kinda weird: there's magic spells, miracles, and pyromancy.

You need intelligence for magic, faith for miracles, and pyromancy is basically "free" in that you don't have to level any skill to be a powerful pyromancer. There is a weapon that you upgrade that will buff your pyromancy. So you just pay souls to buff it, and you don't have to spend levels. So a super low level player can have very strong pyromancy. The only thing you'd need to "level" is attunement, so you can equip pyromancy spells. These are also some of the most badass attacks in the game, very powerful... and very useful if you do a lot of farming. Most players build up pyromancy, just because it doesn't really have a negative affect on any build you might be going for. Like I said, it's basically free. So lots of people go that route.

I recommend looking at a faq to wrap your head around it... I don't use a lot of spells, so I'm not that familiar with it all.

edit: I just started a new character tonight... we should team up sometime if start you playing soon. I have hardly anyone to summon. And I'm going to keep her real low level for as long as possible. I'm gonna try and build a character with dual whips (lol) and no bow/crossbow. Hopefully I don't get bored trudging through the early game until I get my whips. I was trying to summon for some speedrun help, but no luck. :(

Thanks for the answer guys!

Yes, we should play it together. :) Although I don't have a headset :(

So, I can make a Sorcerer AND a Pyromancer? Just have to buy the glove? I will take a look on some FAQs.

Maybe I will create a random character just to feel how the game flows...

My PSN ID: dokish

Master Key gives you access to quite a few shortcuts you wouldn't get until later. Everything else (except for the Pendant, I believe, but all the Pendant does is get traded for something else) you can get in-game while the Master Key itself you can only get by starting with it. That's usually why people take it.
You can buy the Master Key from Domhall once he arrives under the Firelink aquaduct, which is pretty early in the game, after the Depths.

It is the only starting gift worth taking though - maybe Black Firebombs if you want to
take out the Asylum Demon first try to get the Demon Hammer

I think the only thing the Master Key really comes in handy for is the shortcut between New Londo/Valley of Drakes for early access to Blighttown, but even if you take the Master Key, I wouldn't recommend going the back way to Blighttown on your first playthrough, you miss a lot of great items unless you're going to backtrack to the entrance, which makes the key pointless.

RIK

Neo Member
So, I can make a Sorcerer AND a Pyromancer? Just have to buy the glove? I will take a look on some FAQs.

That's what i did: Maxed out Pyro on my first playthrough (started as a Pyro, but you will also get the glove in the starting area) and put souls into magic for attunement slots and other basic stats (VIT, END and DEX for faster casting time). On NG(+) and onwards i put as much as i could into INT and became a real sorcerer. Sorcery gets much stronger then pyromancy once you have high INT and endgame spells.

You can buy the Master Key from Domhall once he arrives under the Firelink aquaduct, which is pretty early in the game, after the Depths.

It is the only starting gift worth taking though - maybe Black Firebombs if you want to

I think the only thing the Master Key really comes in handy for is the shortcut between New Londo/Valley of Drakes for early access to Blighttown, but even if you take the Master Key, I wouldn't recommend going the back way to Blighttown on your first playthrough, you miss a lot of great items unless you're going to backtrack to the entrance, which makes the key pointless.

I completely agree and the big problem I could foresee is that with the Master Key there is a possibility that the other entrance will be missed so Dokish, I'd actually recommend that you take either the Pendant, Old Witch's Ring or Nothing.

Started my 3rd character, going for a DEX build this time using the Estoc.

I got to Undead Parish and the Channeler dropped it's Channeler's Trident! Unbelievable, took me FOREVER to get one on my SL 180 build and that was with the Gold Serpent Ring and 10 Humanity. Crazy!

Cheddahz

Banned
I just restarted my game (since I got the PC version of the game) and oh my god, I'm in love with it again. I manage to get to the first bell last night without dying and I was proud of myself. Well anyways, I'm going to keep you guys updated about my adventure in Dark Souls because I'm a cool kid like that. One question though, what were the main skills they you should upgrade?

64BAEBFA7EF3F7C145A99F581AAD08585CF92B61

Which thread is the Dark Souls thread now that the DLC is on consoles? :lol

Anyway, I asked this in the other thread. Played a fair bit on PS3 last year and just picked it up on PC

I started off with a Thief and I've been parrying/backstabbing everything until now (heading to Capra). Thinking about getting a sturdier shield since the the Target Shield leaves me really exposed and maybe a weapon with better range.

How much strength do I need as a dex person? All I've done till now is put points into dex which is currently at 20 and vit/end which are at 13

Also, is taking a weapon to +15 better now?

Evolved1

Master Key is really great for some builds... you can quickly pick up a good sword/shield combo plus a real nice soul grab next to the drake, I often do it right at the start after sprinting for the free firekeeper soul... those souls basically give you the first 5-6 levels (if you want them) or the heal spell instantly and you have a good weapon combo (I love it for faith builds). It's also how you get havel's ring super early if you're building someone with heavier armor.

But I somehow fucked up my last thief character by accidentally taking the master key (haha) instead of the black firebombs for Havel... oops.

Sullichin

Which thread is the Dark Souls thread now that the DLC is on consoles? :lol

Anyway, I asked this in the other thread. Played a fair bit on PS3 last year and just picked it up on PC

Judging by the people who are posting in it, this thread is now mostly console owners who just got the DLC, and the other one is for the PC edition. And I'm a loser so I post in all of them

I started off with a Thief and I've been parrying/backstabbing everything until now (heading to Capra). Thinking about getting a sturdier shield since the the Target Shield leaves me really exposed and maybe a weapon with better range.

How much strength do I need as a dex person? All I've done till now is put points into dex which is currently at 20 and vit/end which are at 13

Also, is taking a weapon to +15 better now?

Taking a weapon to +15 is the way to go if you're pumping stats past the minimum requirement, which it looks like you are if you already have 20DEX. A +15 Balder Side Sword is a really popular choice for DEX builds, often with a buff like greater/crystal magic weapon or one of the faith buffs if you have the stats.

You might want the strength for certain weapons, like the black knight sword (20STR to 1H, 14STR to 2H), or 14/11STR for Iaito, or the minimum str for whatever shield you use. Crossbows also have STR requirements. Target shield is good for parrying/riposte, if you want to block more go with a mid shield that has 100% block.

Dyno

After clearing out the bottom of Blightown I was throwing my sign down to help others with Quellag. Got picked up every two or three minutes and was fighting all night. Was great for enhancing my Pyro Hand

This run I have been sinking my souls into items before levelling and I think it's the way to go. My Level 46 character has +10 uchigatana, +10 estoc, and Ascended Pyro Hand +1 (which is like 17/21 complete.) With my level at this range I was getting picked up in The Depths and Blightown all the time. It's great!

So now I have to climb that god-damned water wheel out into the sunlight again and then on to Sen's Fortress!

Lach

After clearing out the bottom of Blightown I was throwing my sign down to help others with Quellag. Got picked up every two or three minutes and was fighting all night. Was great for enhancing my Pyro Hand

This run I have been sinking my souls into items before levelling and I think it's the way to go. My Level 46 character has +10 uchigatana, +10 estoc, and Ascended Pyro Hand +1 (which is like 17/21 complete.) With my level at this range I was getting picked up in The Depths and Blightown all the time. It's great!

So now I have to climb that god-damned water wheel out into the sunlight again and then on to Sen's Fortress!

I'm at the same point. Blighttown is a really good spot to be picked up right by the bonfire. And while you wait you can always go farm Leeches for large titanite shards (and green titanite).

Upgraded the pyromancer hand to +15 and my halberd to +10. Still got trashed in Sen's fortress. I'm still at lvl 34 though so I think I'll had back there and keep helping. Now that I'm officially a Sunbro I can officially join in jolly cooperation.

btw. speaking of leeches/green titanite. I didn't realize that they drop 5 pieces of green titanite everytime and that feeding Frampt gets me 5 titanite shards per green titanite shard. So I'm swimming in normal titanite shards. Can I somehow converty small shards into large ones?

Beat
Manus
alone yesterday after several tries on NG+, so much damage every hit...His berserk combo thing is pretty much an instant kill if you get hit by the first swing, I play a DEX build so I want to stay mobile all the time, with the DWGR nerf, the medium roll simply don't cut it. So I put on the painting guardian set and ninja flipped my way to victory, I ended up taking less damage because the ninja flip is so much more responsive.

Afterwards I started putting my sign down and helping other people with
Manus
, and I realized how much easier it is when you have 2 phantoms and
Sif
to help you. the berserk combo isn't even that scary because he'll change target mid-combo so you'll live.

Beat
Manus
alone yesterday after several tries on NG+, so much damage every hit...His berserk combo thing is pretty much an instant kill if you get hit by the first swing, I play a DEX build so I want to stay mobile all the time, with the DWGR nerf, the medium roll simply don't cut it. So I put on the painting guardian set and ninja flipped my way to victory, I ended up taking less damage because the ninja flip is so much more responsive.

Afterwards I started putting my sign down and helping other people with
Manus
, and I realized how much easier it is when you have 2 phantoms and
Sif
to help you. the berserk combo isn't even that scary because he'll change target mid-combo so you'll live.

That guy gave me a massive headache the first time. I don't even want to think about NG+, at least not yet. He's a great boss though, one of my favorites in the game.

Great Shield of Astorias can take every hit from hit easily so tanking made the fight 100 times easier for me. I can't even imagine it with some Dex character, insane.

Booshka

Great Shield of Astorias can take every hit from hit easily so tanking made the fight 100 times easier for me. I can't even imagine it with some Dex character, insane.

I have a +15 Kite Shield which has 72 stability and can handle all of his strong attacks and most of his berserk combo, but you gotta be evasive and try to roll to his side or right under him. I found a great gear setup that gives me 56 poise and I can still fast roll, or flip roll if I want. Just use the Soldier Waistcloth and some gauntlets that have decent poise along with the wolf ring. I use the Thorn gauntlets for the added benefit of spike damage and stunning people/enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom