• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Painted World of Ariamis a tough area? Just come out of Anor Lando and considering going through that area now. I know you can't leave it once you enter so wondering how tough it is!

Thanks

Is Painted World of Ariamis a tough area? Just come out of Anor Lando and considering going through that area now. I know you can't leave it once you enter so wondering how tough it is!

Thanks

Go for it, It's my favorite area in the game, such an amazing atmosphere.

be warned though, once you go in you can't leave or bonfire warp until you beat the level

Ok, am I the only one that gets a chill/creeped out from the sound the prism stones make when you drop them from a lethal fall height?

And wtf, I had no idea Motoi Sakuraba did the music for this game.

Ariamis looked good but the framerate was terrible. Worse than Blightown as far as I'm concerned.

What ??

I finished the game 3 times now and it's not even close to level of Blighttown, it's just another normal level when it comes to framerate like Anor Lando, Undead Burg, Sen's... etc

tc farks

It certainly is!

"Let me open up a hole in front of you."

"Oh you're blocking? That's ok. I'll just sweep you into the hole anyway."

Yeah, I'm sure some people have pulled it off. But it's basically a boss you have to fight multiple times to beat. Took me 5 tries. Got the right side, died. Didn't make it to the left side, died. Then got the left side, died. Then I was trying to figure out how to finish him and died. 5th time I was like oh ok I get it, done. Thank jeebus.

I'm sure that's fairly common.

tc farks

What ??

I finished the game 3 times now and it's not even close to level of Blighttown, it's just another normal level when it comes to framerate like Anor Lando, Undead Burg, Sen's... etc

I remember a noticeable Blighttown like framerate drop early on in the level with the skeleton archer chilling at the top of the stairs. Well, I think that's where it was. It was the only moment where I remembered framerate bothering me for a bit besides Blighttown. And actually Blighttown wasn't even that terrible taking the shortcut through the back. I got all my problems going the long way from the depths.

Painted World is RAD, lots different enemies which is cool and a couple of new ones introduced too, sweet. Also, an Undead Dragon?!? Awesome.

elohel

are there gonna be any holiday event stuff online? is that even possible for them to do events like that?

demons souls had some fun stuff

Zeth

After taking a month plus break from this to play the other big releases, I'm totally sucked back in, this is one of my favorite games ever. Just got Furysword +5 and farmed 60 humanity :)

Just killed O&S. Do I take the lordvessel to Frampt? Then what? That blocked gate at the beginning of Anor Londo goes to the Dukes I guess?

Sullichin

After taking a month plus break from this to play the other big releases, I'm totally sucked back in, this is one of my favorite games ever. Just got Furysword +5 and farmed 60 humanity :)

Just killed O&S. Do I take the lordvessel to Frampt? Then what? That blocked gate at the beginning of Anor Londo goes to the Dukes I guess?

if you're interested in joining the darkwraith covenant (if not just for the trophy/achievement), you have to take the lordvessel to Kaathe in the Abyss, whom you can access after beating the 4 Kings if you DON'T talk to Frampt when you have the lordvessel. But yes, place the lordvessel and the way to Dukes (and a couple of other areas) becomes accessible.

Now I'm into doing low level/good equipment sunbro-op to help new players and mitigate the griefing that takes place in undead burg/parish. Standard gold hemmed/Wood Grain/Dragonscrest/Lightning Spear/Pyromancy bullshit (I want black knights shield but they never dropped it). I also throw on the armor of the glorious sometimes. I'm level 12 and help people with Capra mostly and the Gargoyles. These guys go down pretty fast with great chaos fireball :p I've actually encountered more sunbros in havel's than invading griefers. Going to try to get as far in my game with this level as I can, but I'm more interested in helping people co-op than I am with doing a low level run through the game.. so i might level up soonish to help people in the depths and such.

I am ready for the boss in Painted World now. I found a Dark Ember so I can develop an Occult weapon now, coolio.

The Fury Sword is really awesome, although currently my Lightning Claymore +4 is more powerful. I need some Demon Titanite for it, i guess that is a super rare drop? (and from the titanite demons)

RE: Occult:
It says in the Wiki that Black and Silver knights take more damage from an Occult weapon, so would something like an Occult Bastard Sword be really good? I love my Claymore and I believe the Bastard Sword is similar?

Sullichin

I am ready for the boss in Painted World now. I found a Dark Ember so I can develop an Occult weapon now, coolio.

The Fury Sword is really awesome, although currently my Lightning Claymore +4 is more powerful. I need some Demon Titanite for it, i guess that is a super rare drop? (and from the titanite demons)

Queelagg's furysword does more damage the more humanity you have equipped (up to 10 I think). Its per-hit damage will probably always be less than the lightning claymore, but you can swing it way faster. I think titanite demons are the only enemies that drop demon titanite, but a couple of chests have them. The ones in the beginning of AL guarded by the Sentinels.. I'm pretty sure a couple of those have demon titanite.

Queelagg's furysword does more damage the more humanity you have equipped (up to 10 I think). Its per-hit damage will probably always be less than the lightning claymore, but you can swing it way faster. I think titanite demons are the only enemies that drop demon titanite, but a couple of chests have them. The ones in the beginning of AL guarded by the Sentinels.. I'm pretty sure a couple of those have demon titanite.

Cheers, I grabbed those ones. I've not fought the Titanite Demon in the small room in Anor yet, he's a right shitter. Might tackle him soon, though.

Finished Painted World, that was a really interested area to play through, boss was super easy too. I got her tail weapon dagger too, sweet.

I want to join the Dark Wraiths so I guess I need to head towards the Abyss, right? But.. I don't have a Divine weapon, will that be a problem? Or should I go for Dark Root Garden now?

Zeth

Yeah Furysword +5 maxed with 10 humanity is amazing. Especially because of the move set and the speed at which the swings ramp up.

I placed the lordvessel. Should do Painted World before Archives?

Edit: Kenny- I just spent all night finding Demon Titanite for my Furysword. Definitely work on that pain in the ass in AL. Also there are titanite demons in the basement/lowest floor of Sen's Fortress which really helped me out, since I never killed them before. And you can trade a Prism Stone and Dung Pie to snuggly the crow for 2 total. Hope that helps.

Yeah Furysword +5 maxed with 10 humanity is amazing. Especially because of the move set and the speed at which the swings ramp up.

I placed the lordvessel. Should do Painted World before Archives?

Edit: Kenny- I just spent all night finding Demon Titanite for my Furysword. Definitely work on that pain in the ass in AL. Also there are titanite demons in the basement/lowest floor of Sen's Fortress which really helped me out, since I never killed them before. And you can trade a Prism Stone and Dung Pie to snuggly the crow for 2 total. Hope that helps.

cheers!

The Crow as in the one in Firelink? How do you get to him? Similar to how you get to his nest?

Ohh, I didn't know there was one in Sens Fortress, I'll go and have a look for that!

I did Painted World as I wasn't really sure where to head next and I want to join the Dark Wraiths (sounds ace) so I can't speak to Frampt.

Sullichin

cheers!

The Crow as in the one in Firelink? How do you get to him? Similar to how you get to his nest?

Ohh, I didn't know there was one in Sens Fortress, I'll go and have a look for that!

I did Painted World as I wasn't really sure where to head next and I want to join the Dark Wraiths (sounds ace) so I can't speak to Frampt.

The crow you wanna talk to is actually back at the undead asylum. So you curl up in a ball in the crows nest in firelink and he'll take you there. Here's more info:
http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Snuggly

Darkrwraith covenant is located in the Abyss, which is the end of New Londo ruins. to get to the abyss you need to have defeated Sif in the forest. You don't need a divine weapon at all for this area (you need a divine weapon to kill the skeletons in the catacombs without killing the necromancers, maybe thats what you were thinking of).

And there's FOUR titanite demons at the bottom of Sens. You'll be fighting in mud though so you won't be able to move very fast unless you have that one ring.

The crow you wanna talk to is actually back at the undead asylum. So you curl up in a ball in the crows nest in firelink and he'll take you there. Here's more info:
http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Snuggly

Darkrwraith covenant is located in the Abyss, which is the end of New Londo ruins. to get to the abyss you need to have defeated Sif in the forest. You don't need a divine weapon at all for this area (you need a divine weapon to kill the skeletons in the catacombs without killing the necromancers, maybe thats what you were thinking of).

And there's FOUR titanite demons at the bottom of Sens. You'll be fighting in mud though so you won't be able to move very fast unless you have that one ring.

Cheers, thanks. Yeah I was thinking of the Catacombs Skeletons. I guess it's out to the Forest for me.

I have the rusty ring, it was very handy when running around in Frame Town :)

FOUR? That's great, should have enough after that.

J-Roderton

Just got the soundtrack to this game. Lovely on such a gloomy, rainy day. I'll be taking a break from DS for a few days since I'm home for Christmas. This will easily tide me over.

Bell Gargoyles fight song is epic. I forgot how much I enjoyed that one.

Wool

are there gonna be any holiday event stuff online? is that even possible for them to do events like that?

demons souls had some fun stuff

I was just thinking about this. They should add a Santa Hat as a rare drop from the toxic spewing undeads in the Painted World. I'd wear it, poise be damned.

Just got the soundtrack to this game. Lovely on such a gloomy, rainy day. I'll be taking a break from DS for a few days since I'm home for Christmas. This will easily tide me over.

Bell Gargoyles fight song is epic. I forgot how much I enjoyed that one.

Where did you get it from?

2AdEPT

Damnit I was duped.

I are dumb.

Sory TC, earlier when I said there is "no" story I was privy to at least this much...my complaints were more about the inability to interact with the characters much...they can't respond to you very well, although most games struggle with this to be sure.

I enjoyed that the "Darkwraiths" in all their bad-assed-ness were actaully the heros of the game and became one for the first time, with all the armour (except subbed in havels pants for some more defense and poise kick) and rocked a chos great scythe....just when I found all this out.............this was fun knowing I was a defender of humanity etc and that sucking it out of hollows was actually a "good" deed....Still not enough story to get my wife to play....this is too trite for her. Was cool, but not eureka fuckin awesome story wise.

2AdEPT

I wouldn't recommend dealing with frampt ....ever.....there's a reason his breath stinks............friggin liar. Take the lordvessel to the 4 kings fight...you will know what to do afterward.

tc farks

Sory TC, earlier when I said there is "no" story I was privy to at least this much...my complaints were more about the inability to interact with the characters much...they can't respond to you very well, although most games struggle with this to be sure.

I enjoyed that the "Darkwraiths" in all their bad-assed-ness were actaully the heros of the game and became one for the first time, with all the armour (except subbed in havels pants for some more defense and poise kick) and rocked a chos great scythe....just when I found all this out.............this was fun knowing I was a defender of humanity etc and that sucking it out of hollows was actually a "good" deed....Still not enough story to get my wife to play....this is too trite for her. Was cool, but not eureka fuckin awesome story wise.

Oh I got what you were saying. I meant duped by the game. I'm conditioned to think light/fire=good.

And I'm at NG+, gonna do the whole Darkwraith story line. I killed
Gwyndolin and Gwynevere to make Anor Lando dark
. No more lies! Only thing is I joined the Moonblade covenant beforehand and missed out on the dialogue since I broke the covenant. I'm actually getting close to 30 humanity so I can rank up and sport the Darkwraith armor. The dark hand sounds like it would be fun to mess around with. And will allow me to get some humanity and I assume use it as a parry/riposte type in the left hand like the knights do in New Londo.

In the forest now, the difficulty has come up slightly here, the human (?) enemies are certainly different from slow moving Silver Knights!

I saw a cat who was talking loads of gibberish and I happened to answer No to her question, I assume that was for a Covenant? I can always join on NG+ if it won't let me on this play through. She just tells me to go away now! :)

2AdEPT

Oh I got what you were saying. I meant duped by the game. I'm conditioned to think light/fire=good.

And I'm at NG+, gonna do the whole Darkwraith story line. I killed
Gwyndolin and Gwynevere to make Anor Lando dark
. No more lies! Only thing is I joined the Moonblade covenant beforehand and missed out on the dialogue since I broke the covenant. I'm actually getting close to 30 humanity so I can rank up and sport the Darkwraith armor. The dark hand sounds like it would be fun to mess around with. And will allow me to get some humanity and I assume use it as a parry/riposte type in the left hand like the knights do in New Londo.

Yeah, it was fun....but it is not very powerful as a weapon...was able to get NPC's easier than any PVPer's during endgmae killing round....I'm not a great pvp god, and as such I got zero humanity off PVP types, maybe others can though...there is a wiki that lists all the NPCs that give humanity and the number they give (most give none) ...I think Rhea was the winner at 7. I found the shield to be useless, as it is not very stable..........although I since heard one guy say he liked it for magic block.

one85x

Seems like that bottomless box glitch is pretty popular. I've had quite a few hosts in the Depths and Blighttown using post-Anor Londo gear.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Yeah, it was fun....but it is not very powerful as a weapon...was able to get NPC's easier than any PVPer's during endgmae killing round....I'm not a great pvp god, and as such I got zero humanity off PVP types, maybe others can though...there is a wiki that lists all the NPCs that give humanity and the number they give (most give none) ...I think Rhea was the winner at 7. I found the shield to be useless, as it is not very stable..........although I since heard one guy say he liked it for magic block.

Is the best magic block aside from dodging its 80% to everything

NEO0MJ

It allows you to transfer the contents of your bottomless box to a brand new character (i.e. not between existing characters). I believe you lose the character you're transferring from though.

Seems pretty cool. Where can I find how to perform it? Is it on the wiki?

Lots of progress today. I beat the boss battle in Anor Londo. Funny thing about those archers there: From what I had read here I was prepared to die lots of times trying to get to them, while actually killing them would be very easy once I got to them. Well, I had the opposite problem. I never died trying to get to them. But I died lots of time when I got into melee range for some reason. I got them eventually though.

Taking revenge on the
murderer
was fun too. Although I felt a bit naked without Estus Flasks. I had to go for him directly. If I tried taking out the other guys first, I would run out of health too quickly.

After my first try on Ornstein and Smough, I realised that I had to summon help. The only high leveled weapon I had was the lightning spear, and that weapon didn't work very well against Ornstein. Since he used lightning attacks, I guess he had high lightning resistance? I had two active humanities I figured I might as well use so I used a bone to get out of there to reverse hollowing.

On my first run in human form, I didn't find any summoning signs. But an invader found me right in front of the fog gate before the boss. I actually handled my self pretty well. I did a lot more damage than I took. Would only need one or two more hits to down him. Then he managed to backstab me. I still had some HP left, so I tried rolling away to use a flask. It would have worked too. Except I had run past all the enemies on my way there. While I was getting ready to chug an Estus, I was killed by one of the enemies that I had ignored earlier.

Well, on the next try I found a phantom. He used some kind of two-handed sword with which he could OHKO the giant guards in the area, which was pretty bad ass. I was worried that he would take down the boss this fast as well. Sure I wanted help, but I still wanted a fight. Luckily, the weapon didn't seem all that overpowered against the boss. Nevertheless, he was a lot of help and we took them both down. Fat guy first. I really love this game.

2AdEPT

Seems like that bottomless box glitch is pretty popular. I've had quite a few hosts in the Depths and Blighttown using post-Anor Londo gear.

this isn't necessarily because of glitch....lots of pvp ers stay low level right through to kiln.

Wool

darksouls1.jpg

Lots of progress today. I beat the boss battle in Anor Londo. Funny thing about those archers there: From what I had read here I was prepared to die lots of times trying to get to them, while actually killing them would be very easy once I got to them. Well, I had the opposite problem. I never died trying to get to them. But I died lots of time when I got into melee range for some reason. I got them eventually though.

Taking revenge on the
murderer
was fun too. Although I felt a bit naked without Estus Flasks. I had to go for him directly. If I tried taking out the other guys first, I would run out of health too quickly.

After my first try on Ornstein and Smough, I realised that I had to summon help. The only high leveled weapon I had was the lightning spear, and that weapon didn't work very well against Ornstein. Since he used lightning attacks, I guess he had high lightning resistance? I had two active humanities I figured I might as well use so I used a bone to get out of there to reverse hollowing.

On my first run in human form, I didn't find any summoning signs. But an invader found me right in front of the fog gate before the boss. I actually handled my self pretty well. I did a lot more damage than I took. Would only need one or two more hits to down him. Then he managed to backstab me. I still had some HP left, so I tried rolling away to use a flask. It would have worked too. Except I had run past all the enemies on my way there. While I was getting ready to chug an Estus, I was killed by one of the enemies that I had ignored earlier.

Well, on the next try I found a phantom. He used some kind of two-handed sword with which he could OHKO the giant guards in the area, which was pretty bad ass. I was worried that he would take down the boss this fast as well. Sure I wanted help, but I still wanted a fight. Luckily, the weapon didn't seem all that overpowered against the boss. Nevertheless, he was a lot of help and we took them both down. Fat guy first. I really love this game.

Nice one. I summoned Knight Solaire to help me out with the boss fight there, it's pretty tough otherwise (especially if you take the hammer guy out first!).

Sullichin

this isn't necessarily because of glitch....lots of pvp ers stay low level right through to kiln.

While true, if they are summoning help for Queelagg, that means that they never rang the second bell, and thus haven't been to Anor Londo yet with that character.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.

Is there a specific place to get Demon Titinate so I can upgrade mine to +5?
As far as I know, I killed every Prowler Demon. I upgraded my Demon's Spear to +5 (LOVE the range on that baby) but only had enough Demon Titinate to get the new Furysword to +1. Not sure where else to get the stones now that I'm fresh out of Prowler... :(

roxya

As far as I know, I killed every Prowler Demon. I upgraded my Demon's Spear to +5 (LOVE the range on that baby) but only had enough Demon Titinate to get the new Furysword to +1. Not sure where else to get the stones now that I'm fresh out of Prowler... :(

There's a respawning one in Lost Izalith (the bridge shortcut to Demon Ruins)

Dresden

There's a titanite demon that respawns in Lost Izalith.

:lol Took me a second to notice the flask.

I always imagined the estus flask tasting like orange soda or orange juice and just sloshing it all over your face.

Beat O&S NG+ yesterday, beating smough first so I can get Ornstein's soul(for the knights honor achievement). Also kicked Four Kings ass as well. Fierce battle. Glad I got those two battles out of the way, I've been dreading them ever since I first fought them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom