• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Seriously, fuck the Stray Demon boss. I cant even connect with him before im dead. Should I come back later seeing as hes an optional boss?

Stray Demon is both the hardest and easiest boss in the game IMO, up there with my favorites too.

He's purely about learning his attack patterns and kicking his ass legitimately. It takes about 5-10 tries to get it down but once you do, he's easy. Watching a vid will help but it won't win the fight for you, you really have to get in there and just learn it through trial and error.

Stray Demon is now one of the first bosses I take out in the game, usually at around level 15-20 so your level definitely isn't an issue.

sixghost

Stray Demon is both the hardest and easiest boss in the game IMO, up there with my favorites too.

He's purely about learning his attack patterns and kicking his ass legitimately. It takes about 5-10 tries to get it down but once you do, he's easy. Watching a vid will help but it won't win the fight for you, you really have to get in there and just learn it through trial and error.

Stray Demon is now one of the first bosses I take out in the game, usually at around level 15-20 so your level definitely isn't an issue.

Definitely true, but I usually wait a bit to do the Asylum return since I'd rather just do it all in one go, and the Black/Silver Knights can cause some trouble in the narrow areas you fight them in when you're lower level.

Sullichin

Yes! I found someone to summon at level 15 in Anor Londo. He beasted through the level and let me decide who to fight first (Smough), and with the help of him and solaire the fight was intense but manageable. I got nailed by Super Ornstein's lightning impale.. I thought that was gonna instantly KO me but I had a decent amount of health left (wearing full havels; could barely move). But in the end even Solaire made it out alive. Gotta love this community.. I wasn't expecting to find someone low leveled in AL at 1AM. Now, back to killing capra over and over

Insaniac

Yes! I found someone to summon at level 15 in Anor Londo. He beasted through the level and let me decide who to fight first (Smough), and with the help of him and solaire the fight was intense but manageable. I got nailed by Super Ornstein's lightning impale.. I thought that was gonna instantly KO me but I had a decent amount of health left (wearing full havels; could barely move). But in the end even Solaire made it out alive. Gotta love this community.. I wasn't expecting to find someone low leveled in AL at 1AM. Now, back to killing capra over and over

lvl 15, and you're farming capra? I'd say you're better off doing Gargs, you get 5000 a pop

Sullichin

lvl 15, and you're farming capra? I'd say you're better off doing Gargs, you get 5000 a pop

I'm not farming, but I can see how saying "killing capra over and over" sounds like I am :p I'm just helping out new players (and the occasional person in decked out gear like myself). I've been spending the souls on purging stones to give them, and occasionally upgrading my pyromancy flame (I upgraded the shit out of that for the O&S fight). I help people with the gargoyles too but don't get as much action there.

Dresden

So I made a level 10 darkwraith and invaded Parish a bit today . . . after five or so invasions I gave up. Haven't felt this bad playing a game in a while. Guess the griefing life isn't for me.

I guess I'm done with the game now. Best game of the year, etc.

Zaptruder

Banned
So I made a level 10 darkwraith and invaded Parish a bit today . . . after five or so invasions I gave up. Haven't felt this bad playing a game in a while. Guess the griefing life isn't for me.

That's because you end up feeling like the piece of shit bully that you're been. There's really no talent or skill to being a bully; it's about making yourself feel better about your own insignificance by threatening those that can do little to nothing to stop you from doing otherwise.

mxgt

Banned

Yeah I never got the appeal of doing this, where's the fun in destroying people that don't stand a chance

mxgt

Banned
Son of a bitch, was using the soul drops I collected at a bonfire and accidentally used soul of sif. I was gonna use that to get the shield

:|:|:|:|:|

nilbog21

Banned
i just started this game and i picked the pyro class or whatever, anything I should know before I continue? is it going to be ridiculously hard and frustrating with this class? what class should i pick? looking for something fun and not ridiculously frustrating

Sullichin

i just started this game and i picked the pyro class or whatever, anything I should know before I continue? is it going to be ridiculously hard and frustrating with this class? what class should i pick? looking for something fun and not ridiculously frustrating

Pyro is probably the best class to start with. You're level 1 so you can level up for less souls, and you start with the pyro glove which is really good.

Zaptruder

Banned
So i just discovered that the actual boss of the game is Seath's motherfucking tail.

Jesus christ... how the hell is a magic build supposed to cut that sonofabitch of fast enough? And it's not like people put their signs down for summoning there. :(

nilbog21

Banned
Man, I think the first semi-boss guy on the first level (guy that drops down on a bridge, and there are archers shooting you in the back) accidently fell of the map with me and died before I did because I no longer have to fight him...was struggling hardcore, this feels cheap :[

Zaptruder

Banned
Man, I think the first semi-boss guy on the first level (guy that drops down on a bridge, and there are archers shooting you in the back) accidently fell of the map with me and died before I did because I no longer have to fight him...was struggling hardcore, this feels cheap :[

In this game, if it can happen, then it's fair.

Shoot a dragon in the head and it disappears? That's what you get, you fucking asshole dragon, that does 4 full health bar fire breath attacks in a row!

Ill Saint

So i just discovered that the actual boss of the game is Seath's motherfucking tail.

Jesus christ... how the hell is a magic build supposed to cut that sonofabitch of fast enough? And it's not like people put their signs down for summoning there. :(

You should be able to find a lot of helpers at the bonfire before the caves. When you get to Seath, try to keep him occupied and in the middle of the field. Your buddies should hopefully be experienced enough to go for the tail. If not, quit, homeward bone and try again.

Tomodachi

In this game, if it can happen, then it's fair.

Shoot a dragon in the head and it disappears? That's what you get, you fucking asshole dragon, that does 4 full health bar fire breath attacks in a row!
LOL, it's funny because it feels so true. I thought exactly the same when this happened with hellkite, and when the hydra in ash lake suddenly died for no apparent reason before me. Good times.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
There's nothing better than summoning an NPC that wreaks havoc on everything around them. I summoned Beatrice to fight the Moonlight butterfly and she killed it in about 40 seconds.

Also, I still can't believe the massive amounts of love there is out there for Solaire.
In NG when I summoned Maneater Mildred she beat the fuck out of Quelaag in like 30 seconds. In NG+ when I had two white phantoms I nearly died and I was like level 95 at the time. Maneater Mildred > two white phantoms in the 95 SL range.

mxgt

Banned
Whoa, purging stones can be fed to Frampt for 1000 a pop, I had 55 in my inventory from farming twinkling titanite. Easy souls

Jubs

Can you be invaded by someone doing new game+ if you're doing a regular new game? And vice-verse, can you invade someone doing new game+ if you're doing regular new game?

Booshka

Can you be invaded by someone doing new game+ if you're doing a regular new game? And vice-verse, can you invade someone doing new game+ if you're doing regular new game?

Yes, players can invade up to any level, my friend on a level 50 character invaded my level 230 character that was on my 6th NG+

Just breezing through NG+ right now. Already beat Taurus, Capra, Gargoyles, and Queelag in what seemed like 20 minutes of playtime. Also getting massive amounts of souls from the forest protectors. So far I don't notice much difference compared to NG. Am I going to start getting screwed once I go to Sen's?

Booshka

Just breezing through NG+ right now. Already beat Taurus, Capra, Gargoyles, and Queelag in what seemed like 20 minutes of playtime. Also getting massive amounts of souls from the forest protectors. So far I don't notice much difference compared to NG. Am I going to start getting screwed once I go to Sen's?

No, you should be alright, the normal enemies do a ton more damage when they hit you, and the bosses have more HP and hit a little bit harder, but the experience of your first playthrough will make subsequent playthroughs much easier.

Booshka

I am about done with this game. Wonder if Amazon will still take it back.

If you are getting frustrated, you probably need better gear, or upgrade the gear you are using. If the Ghosts are owning you, you need better defense and poise to run through them.
If it is something else about the game that is pissing you off, then I don't know what to tell you. This game isn't that hard if you invest in your gear by upgrading it and playing slow and steady.

Zaptruder

Banned
I am about done with this game. Wonder if Amazon will still take it back.

1. Progress in this game (first time through anyway) isn't about better souls/equipment... it's about learning the layout of the level and the attack patterns. That knowledge will give you your biggest edge in the game.

2. The worst that could happen is that you're repeatedly killed with 0 humanity and 0 souls... so there's a limit to how bad things get. I've been in that situation plenty of times myself... in New Londo no less. It's just part and parcel of the game.

3. Draw the ghosts out where you can. The biggest bug bear is the first house after the bridge. There's one ghost out in the open... and 5 of them hiding. Immediately beyond the archway, there's a ghost to the left - draw him out if you can. There's one that spawns at the door as well. He's a fucker. And 3 more spawn from the floor in that room (rather they float through the floor).

The second area that's full of shit is after the double decker bridge, where the ghosts attack through the floor and roof. That building, if you run into it, will seem like you get smashed by about 8 ghosts. In fact, 3-4 of them are chilling off by the waters outside the building - step into the building, then step out to draw those ghosts and pick them off one by one. That way you won't be massacred when you get inside.

I'm assuming you've found and used the transient curses... coz if you haven't even done that... that's where you're going wrong :p

Zaptruder

Banned
You should be able to find a lot of helpers at the bonfire before the caves. When you get to Seath, try to keep him occupied and in the middle of the field. Your buddies should hopefully be experienced enough to go for the tail. If not, quit, homeward bone and try again.

Finally got the fucker and his tail.

Couldn't find anyone to summon, at the bonfire or at the boss door. In the end, had to just be hella patient and learn the shit out of animations and attack patterns. Every time he'd lift his arm, it'd give me a very slim window of opportunity to run to his back and poke the tip a couple times - sometimes he's start flailing or thrashing it before I got to it.

And also had to constantly manuever him away from the walls so I could even see the tip.

So glad it's over. Took about 5 hours. :mad:

Part of it is that I don't know where to go. Longo or Blight. Unless there is another options.

You haven't finished Blighttown yet ?

If so then you don't have any business in going to New Lando Ruins, in fact, I would save it for last since it's a bit of a pain in the ass for first timers.

Go back to Blighttown and finish it.

Zaptruder

Banned
Part of it is that I don't know where to go. Longo or Blight. Unless there is another options.

What have you done? Undead Burg and Parish and the Depths? Have you gone to Sen's Fortress/Anor Londo yet? That's normally the next step. Then the painted world of Aramais (assuming you've done the undead asylum to get the doll).

You get to the undead asylum by going up the lift from the firelink shrine to undead parish; jumping off as soon as the gap in the wall appears - then roll onto the pillar bit and walk upto the next; curl up into a ball. Where your character started, there's a peculiar doll. Once you have this, use it to access the Painted world of Aramais from the big painting in Anor Londo.

Also, do you have a blessed/divine weapon? You can use that to kill skeletons in the Catacombs. Get the rites of kindling (don't go into the Tomb of the Giants yet though. That place is such a hole) so you can have more estus flasks.

*edit*
Actually... you'll have to go through blight town to ring the second bell that will open the door to Sen's Fortress. Ah well. Go through Blight town next.

malfcn

Trying to fight the shitty frames. I came in and see a giant ass. Below is poison. But i can't find a good path to anything but souls.

LOL, somehow took me 50 hours to realize why I couldn't backstab anyone. Let go of the block..

Booshka

Trying to fight the shitty frames. I came in and see a giant ass. Below is poison. But i can't find a good path to anything but souls.

Make your way down then look for a cave on a hill through the swamp past some giants, if you hug the walls you can avoid the poison and enemies pretty well that way. Make sure you find the bonfire at the bottom of Blighttown in a sewer looking area, then explore from there.

malfcn

Quelaag doesn't seem the difficult. I just messed up, but I can do it. Getting across the swamps though is killing me. I need more purple moss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom