• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjen

If you wait on the right and start running the moment he flies down and lands on the bridge, you can make it without taking damage att all. Once you figure out the timing it's easy.

That's what she said, man.
Maybe her mother put a hit out on ol' Siegy with those dying words of hers 'cause he was getting his onion peeled by someone else in Lordran? I think I'm onto something.

But I heard
you can save him, dunno how, She killed him in my playthrought

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
All my effects are suddenly flickering... I restarted my PS3 a few times. Tried different loads/characters. Constant, really distracting, flickering on all magics, bonfires, fog gates, etc.

Wtf...

Evolved1

Seems, I'm not the only one.

The worst is that you can't see magic, or even the drops don't show up. You can walk right past really important shit. Good thing I have most of the game memorized, or this would be even worse!

It's already really bad though.

All my effects are suddenly flickering... I restarted my PS3 a few times. Tried different loads/characters. Constant, really distracting, flickering on all magics, bonfires, fog gates, etc.

Wtf...

It happened on the DLC areas too when it came out but was eventually fixed I think? Server side issue?

I'm getting it too, just started a new character and the messages, fog doors, items everything is flickering. Fuck.

I don't get it, I'm sure it wasn't like this when I installed the last patch, it just seems to have happened.

I guess... seems not to be an issue so far in offline mode.

How annoying.

It was pretty crazy when I invaded all the people nude plus Dark Pendant and did the "pendant thrust" as my only attack: whole screen was flickering, I thought I was going to have an epileptic attack

SamVimes

So is anyone with a low level character willing to help me beat Ornstein and Smough on pc? I'm trying to do a low-level challenge (i'm at level 10 right now) but this fight just destroys me.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So is anyone with a low level character willing to help me beat Ornstein and Smough on pc? I'm trying to do a low-level challenge (i'm at level 10 right now) but this fight just destroys me.
I might have an SL20 around, that should be in range. When are you available to play?

Evolved1

Between this framerate and the massive flickering issue (which is actually getting worse as the hours pass) what a damn mess this game is right now.

Framerate will never get fixed, but I hope they get their shit together on the effects flickering. It's basically broken all online play.

Ferr986

Well, now that Im at NG+ and I got Sunlight Blade on NG, is finally time to go for Darkmoon Blade. Hows the droprate of the harpies? Getting souvenirs from invading seems low.

Also, I couldnt find the gravelord servant sign and someone else killed him. Damn...

Well, now that Im at NG+ and I got Sunlight Blade on NG, is finally time to go for Darkmoon Blade. Hows the droprate of the harpies? Getting souvenirs from invading seems low.

Some say it's slow, I say it's pretty fast. You can run to the tower in seconds, kill the harpies, use a bone and repeat. Only thing is that the harpies can be a bit tricky every now and then.

Did I just write this same message like 2 days ago :p

Holy shit is the final boss of the dlc hard as melee. The summon partner is pretty useless and its hard to get away when he does his combo. I beat him after my 6th try but it was too close for comfort. The other big bad of the dlc wasn't bad at all once I learned his combo.

I also see a video of someone two hand killing him no damage taken in like 40 seconds :(. I need my havel's armor to make up for my terrible dodge timing, but I'm sure I could do it with enough practice, just not patient enough to keep doing the boss over and over until I learn how to read all his animations.

Ferr986

Some say it's slow, I say it's pretty fast. You can run to the tower in seconds, kill the harpies, use a bone and repeat. Only thing is that the harpies can be a bit tricky every now and then.

thanks!

Between this framerate and the massive flickering issue (which is actually getting worse as the hours pass) what a damn mess this game is right now.

Framerate will never get fixed, but I hope they get their shit together on the effects flickering. It's basically broken all online play.
It's those damn resonance rings, every time they fix them everything else goes belly up!

They fixed it pretty fast last time iirc, so it shouldn't be too long hopefully.

Tenrius

Holy shit is the final boss of the dlc hard as melee. The summon partner is pretty useless and its hard to get away when he does his combo. I beat him after my 6th try but it was too close for comfort. The other big bad of the dlc wasn't bad at all once I learned his combo.

I also see a video of someone two hand killing him no damage taken in like 40 seconds :(. I need my havel's armor to make up for my terrible dodge timing, but I'm sure I could do it with enough practice, just not patient enough to keep doing the boss over and over until I learn how to read all his animations.

I thought it was a really easy fight, actually. All you need is a good high stability shield with 100 physical (I used Greatshield of Artorias) and a lot of Estus. All attacks besides the grab combo are slow and easily blockable and if you get caught in the grab combo, there's plenty of time to heal afterwards. Just need to have decent HP too. He also is very predictable and gives you plenty of time to hit him between his attacks.

Evolved1

It's those damn resonance rings, every time they fix them everything else goes belly up!

They fixed it pretty fast last time iirc, so it shouldn't be too long hopefully.

I friggin hope so, cause the last few days have been ridiculous. The game is broken right now.

Fighting bosses and cannot see the huge pools of lava she's spewing. Real fun. Smh.

I thought it was a really easy fight, actually. All you need is a good high stability shield with 100 physical (I used Greatshield of Artorias) and a lot of Estus. All attacks besides the grab combo are slow and easily blockable and if you get caught in the grab combo, there's plenty of time to heal afterwards. Just need to have decent HP too. He also is very predictable and gives you plenty of time to hit him between his attacks.

I hear the same thing from pretty much everyone. About the highest stability shield I can get is eagle shield with my build (I'm at 30 vit/30 end/16 strength/12 dex/40 faith/10 int sl 80 something right now). Honestly I should have just stopped being a baby and practiced dodging his attacks with light armor, but I just wanted him dead so I went havel's armor.

What really killed me was his big combo, I understand it happens after he roars but I couldn't backpedal fast enough away.

Tenrius

I hear the same thing from pretty much everyone. About the highest stability shield I can get is eagle shield with my build (I'm at 30 vit/30 end/16 strength/12 dex/40 faith/10 int sl 80 something right now). Honestly I should have just stopped being a baby and practiced dodging his attacks with light armor, but I just wanted him dead so I went havel's armor.

What really killed me was his big combo, I understand it happens after he roars but I couldn't backpedal fast enough away.

I didn't even use particularly heavy armor, just armor of torns, and my vitality was the same. Also, did he one shot you with the combo? If hit at full HP, it'd leave me with like 25% of my HP bar, which I could then instantly heal to almost 100% with my +5 flask.

I though Artorias was harder, actually.

His attacks were easy to predict. His magic bullshit wasn't.

Booshka

I wish you could still be invaded after killing the boss area. IMO its a point to coming back to an area, to do some pvp.

You can always invade or put your red sign down to get PvP. Most Darkwraiths kill the area boss then start invading so their invasions won't get interrupted. You can still be gravelorded after you beat a boss, and invade the gravelord while hollow, so there is that too.

Running PS3 version here and I am getting lots of flickering effects. The bonfire, item pickups and dropped souls are all flickering. Also, enemies that fire magic are now firing invisible magic!! WTF is going on?! :)

I am in Dukes Achieves.

Evolved1

You can always invade or put your red sign down to get PvP. Most Darkwraiths kill the area boss then start invading so their invasions won't get interrupted. You can still be gravelorded after you beat a boss, and invade the gravelord while hollow, so there is that too.

Darkwraiths can kill bosses? Doesn't that really mess things up for the player? Like regarding drops and just their game experience in general?

Running PS3 version here and I am getting lots of flickering effects. The bonfire, item pickups and dropped souls are all flickering. Also, enemies that fire magic are now firing invisible magic!! WTF is going on?! :)

I am in Dukes Achieves.

They broke the fucking game. Been like this -everywhere- for days. Play offline to get a smoother experience, of course that severely reduces the fun of the game.

Darkwraiths can kill bosses? Doesn't that really mess things up for the player? Like regarding drops and just their game experience in general?

They broke the fucking game. Been like this -everywhere- for days. Play offline to get a smoother experience, of course that severely reduces the fun of the game.

Ouch. Have they said that they're working on a fix?

Evolved1

Ouch. Have they said that they're working on a fix?

Idk. Someone mentioned that they broke it in a similar way when they released the DLC, but it was confined only to DLC areas. And they said it was fixed pretty quick. But I don't know what that really means/ how long it was (days, weeks?).

Apparently it has something to do with them trying to get resonance rings to work? Like I said, I don't really know.

I just know it's been broken for days. I'm kinda laid up at the moment with a nasty back injury, can't really move around. Thought it would be a great time to clear my Souls backlog. NOPE!

Ferr986

Yeah I know, Im currently invading via Blademoon covenant. Is just that I liked to be invaded sometimes (I still have to unlock the Kiln for that, too scared of 4 kings NG+).

Im at that point on the game again that Im drowing on souls and I dont even know what to do, but I still cant stop playing.

Sullichin

Huh? He had a number on his head? Wat.... do you see the other player's levels on the PC version or what?

They don't show levels on PC either. It was probably the damage indicator, maybe he took damage right before invading, or he's poisoned. Or.. he's hacking, when people use cheat engine for infinite health a number shows above their health bar.

Soulhouf

They don't show levels on PC either. It was probably the damage indicator, maybe he took damage right before invading, or he's poisoned. Or.. he's hacking, when people use cheat engine for infinite health a number shows above their health bar.

LOL, is that a guilty indicator?
I will probably start the PC version, so that's good to know if I get invaded by a cheater. Thanks!

This flickering shit is truly annoying. :|

I got past Anor Londo, and I had already done most everything in Darkroot Garden and Basin, except for killing Sif and the Hydra, which I promptly achieved.

I guess my next destination should be New Londo Ruins, but I can't hit them ghosts. D: I have only crafted one boss soul weapon so far, Queelag's Furysword. I'm still sitting on Sif, Lunar Butterfly, Smough souls as well as the Golem Core, any suggestions? My character is a melee one, I've been raising STR, VIT and to a lesser degree END.

Booshka

This flickering shit is truly annoying. :|

I got past Anor Londo, and I had already done most everything in Darkroot Garden and Basin, except for killing Sif and the Hydra, which I promptly achieved.

I guess my next destination should be New Londo Ruins, but I can't hit them ghosts. D: I have only crafted one boss soul weapon so far, Queelag's Furysword. I'm still sitting on Sif, Lunar Butterfly, Smough souls as well as the Golem Core, any suggestions? My character is a melee one, I've been raising STR, VIT and to a lesser degree END.

Don't waste your time on Boss Soul weapons, most of them are pretty bad. If you are focusing mostly on Strength, upgrade a Large Club, Great Club, Man Serpent Greatsword, Greataxe, Demon Great weapons (Machete, Axe, Hammer) and any other weapons with B or A strength scaling to +10. There is an ember in New Londo Ruins that will allow you to modify weapons to +11, and up to +15 with Chunks and a Slab. That is the upgrade path you want to focus on, especially if you are leveling Strength or Dexterity.

Try to get your STR, VIT and END all to 40. VIT scales well up to 50, but STR and END fall off hard after 40, so only level STR if you want to 1h some of the high requirement weapons, I suggest stopping at 46-50 max.

I've used the Zweihander sucessfully and mine is currently +14 and really good. I can't quite use my Demon Machete yet which is what I'll replace the Zwei with.

Booshka

I've used the Zweihander sucessfully and mine is currently +14 and really good. I can't quite use my Demon Machete yet which is what I'll replace the Zwei with.

I'm sure you can 2h the DGM, you only need 27 STR to 2 hand it. Also, if you are using big strength weapons you should be 2 handing almost all the time. The DGM actually has decent defensive stats for blocking-stability and physical resist. So, if you don't land first hit and stagger then murder your mob enemies, you can block then swing and murder them that way. Getting used to blocking with a shield then quickly switching to 2 hand your weapon is an invaluable skill to learn and get good at for heavy weapon strength builds. You almost always want to be swinging your weapon 2 handed.

Another thing you should try more often with huge strength weapons is jump attacks, you can close the distance pretty quickly and most of the time one shot enemies or pancake them into the ground then finish them off. It's a different playstyle, but Strength weapons are entirely viable and devastating in PvE and PvP.

I'm sure you can 2h the DGM, you only need 27 STR to 2 hand it. Also, if you are using big strength weapons you should be 2 handing almost all the time. The DGM actually has decent defensive stats for blocking-stability and physical resist. So, if you don't land first hit and stagger then murder your mob enemies, you can block then swing and murder them that way. Getting used to blocking with a shield then quickly switching to 2 hand your weapon is an invaluable skill to learn and get good at for heavy weapon strength builds. You almost always want to be swinging your weapon 2 handed.

Another thing you should try more often with huge strength weapons is jump attacks, you can close the distance pretty quickly and most of the time one shot enemies or pancake them into the ground then finish them off. It's a different playstyle, but Strength weapons are entirely viable and devastating in PvE and PvP.

Yeah I've never really done two-handing weapons, I feel in danger all of the time due to lack of shield. Do you still block in the same way you would a shield?

I do lots of jump attacks though, causes huge damage :D

Booshka

Yeah I've never really done two-handing weapons, I feel in danger all of the time due to lack of shield. Do you still block in the same way you would a shield?

Yep, you hold the weapon up as a shield. The DGM has 70% phys resist and 44 stability, which is actually really good when you can swing right back after you block. Best bet though is to block with shield, 2 hand weapon, then start swinging. 2H swings are faster and much stronger than 1 hand on most Strength weapons. Also, 2H attacks are quicker to stagger because they poise break harder than 1 hand attacks. Give it a try and practice, you'll see the results soon enough.

Yep, you hold the weapon up as a shield. The DGM has 70% phys resist and 44 stability, which is actually really good when you can swing right back after you block. Best bet though is to block with shield, 2 hand weapon, then start swinging. 2H swings are faster and much stronger than 1 hand on most Strength weapons. Also, 2H attacks are quicker to stagger because they poise break harder than 1 hand attacks. Give it a try and practice, you'll see the results soon enough.

Cool, thanks! Hundreds of hours played and still learning!

What's the best SL for a darkwraith?

My 125 Darkmoon build barely gets any action so I decided to make a darkwraith. I'm at SL 48 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom