• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booshka

Was his name Funtimeisover? And in the forest? Same thing happened to me 2 days ago. He deleted 9 points from my END (SL unaffected), effectively ruining my perfect SL100 build.

It was in the township, took my bandit stats to base with vitality at 50, kept my SL at 100. Typical build breaker, except with an Avelyn so it was impossible to avoid.

Tilian

Banned
It was in the township, took my bandit stats to base with vitality at 50, kept my SL at 100. Typical build breaker, except with an Avelyn so it was impossible to avoid.
OK, thanks. Thinking about migrating back to the PS3 myself, even though I'll miss DSfix and DSCfix.

Thank christ DS2 will have servers.

Booshka

Damn, that's horrifying.

It's probably for the best, I've already spent way too much time playing this game, don't need an entirely new platform to burn time on. I already have a bunch of characters built and ready to go on xbox so I can switch around builds and invade/co-op to my hearts content. Spending all the time making new builds and chasing achievements for a dead platform is a major waste of time, even if it does run so much better on PC.

Seance

Banned
It's probably for the best, I've already spent way too much time playing this game, don't need an entirely new platform to burn time on. I already have a bunch of characters built and ready to go on xbox so I can switch around builds and invade/co-op to my hearts content. Spending all the time making new builds and chasing achievements for a dead platform is a major waste of time, even if it does run so much better on PC.

Just use cheat engine to put your stats back. Glad i've never encountered the curse/stat modders....

Welp, guess I'm done with PC Dark Souls, had someone do the ol' build breaker with a modded Avelyn. Couldn't quit in time before all my stats were broken. And no I didn't bother with any save backups cuz I didn't care to.

Game is dead as fuck anyway on PC, back to Xbox Master Race.

I was scared that someone did this to me because they were using a Dark Hand with me but luckily that wasn't the bug (I think)

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Oh so that's why I didn't get an extra one. I thought the only requirement to get it from him was to have under 11 Int.

I think it is over 11 int actually, but I'm not sure about that.

You have to get infected with the egg tho.

edit: oh you mean you thought I implied he drops the glove? Sorry if I did not word it properly.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Ha! Just beat Sir Lautrec the Guilty :p ended up just kiting them and turning around for pot shot thrusts when I got far enough away to prepare. Lol, whatever, on to the boss!

Mogwai

Dropped into the abyss with my +15 uchigatana and my Child's Mask only. The four kings (NG+) denied me any success.

Back to the drawing board.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Welp, guess I'm done with PC Dark Souls, had someone do the ol' build breaker with a modded Avelyn. Couldn't quit in time before all my stats were broken. And no I didn't bother with any save backups cuz I didn't care to.

Game is dead as fuck anyway on PC, back to Xbox Master Race.
Daaaamn. So this glitch only happens on PC?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Ok, thanks for the correction, but I mostly wanted to be sure that it was a PC-only phenomenon. I don't PvP much in Dark Souls anymore, but if I ever do, I want to be sure that PvPing on PS3 is safe for my builds. o_O

The knight in the Undead Burg is murdering me :( I don't have any magic so my tactic is to spam him with firebombs and run backwards all about the place. I got as close as one firebomb away from beating him but he keeps cutting me down, argh.

Seanspeed

Banned
The knight in the Undead Burg is murdering me :( I don't have any magic so my tactic is to spam him with firebombs and run backwards all about the place. I got as close as one firebomb away from beating him but he keeps cutting me down, argh.
He's very tough for newcomers.

It might not be a bad idea to try and just have a few goes at him melee-style. Even if you give up eventually, you'll learn a few things and thats what this game is all about. Sometimes you just have to get your hands dirty and face death in the face.

Arkos

So I got to S&O but I feel like I need to limber up before I really take them on (been a while since playing) One question-- should I try to clear the hall before them before I summon Solaire? I tried them solo to get a feel and I'd just run past that hall, but when I went to summon Solaire I saw the slight logistical problem of him starting fights with the big dudes in the hall and getting distracted.

Anyway, I think I'm going to go gardening. If I'm at S&O I should be able to handle the area behind the door and Sif right?

I just cheaped out in the end, figured out he can't climb ladders :lol just sprinted away from him, climbed up a ladder and chucked firebombs at him D:

Then I managed to kill the boss on the bridge (Taurus?) and sneaked past the Hellkite dragon but wandered up some spiral stairs and got slaughtered by another knight lol

Booshka

Daaaamn. So this glitch only happens on PC?

It's happened before on PS3 as well, I'm not sure if it has been patched out though. It is super rare on PS3 because it is pretty damn difficult to do on PS3 opposed to PC. I have never seen it nor heard of this specific exploit being on 360 though.

Get him to the open area where there is the tower with the archer. Then circle backstab him. Its easy once you get the hang of getting backstabs. Drop your shield, press R1 when you are behind him.

It's not a glitch, it's someone using cheat engine to change the properties of a weapon. You can lower someone's stats on hit, curse them, and other nasty stuff. Happened to me once in ~500 hours on the PC version, thankfully I had backups on.

Holy hell. I saw a cursed figure in Dukes archives revolving staircase. I had no idea how you could get cursed there. I guess this explains that.

PatzCU

Is there anyway to prevent other people from dropping in on your game and screwing your stats? I'm about to embark on Dark Souls for the first time, but don't want to put myself in my position where a I can get griefed.

Hixx

I just cheaped out in the end, figured out he can't climb ladders :lol just sprinted away from him, climbed up a ladder and chucked firebombs at him D:

Then I managed to kill the boss on the bridge (Taurus?) and sneaked past the Hellkite dragon but wandered up some spiral stairs and got slaughtered by another knight lol

Learn to fight the Knights normally, with no bombs or anything, the skills will come in VERY handy. I've just stopped playing for the night and all the frustration I got for learning to parry and backstab Black Knights in the early part of the game has hugely paid off in Anor Londo.

Parrying a knight is soooo satisfying. Getting banged by 3 in one room... felt a bit like the game was getting it's own back on me.

Been invaded twice tonight on PC - first time the guy was between the two harpy enemies just before those fucking archers in Anor Londo. He planted himself between the two - I obviously couldn't go in and take all 3 on. So I managed to pull the harpies individually then I used a dung pie on the dude and he let himself die to it, so he either went afk or took pity on me for invading me in such a fucking bullshit place.

Second time was further inside the chapel or mansion or whatever in Anor Londo. He had a fist weapon that was glowing so I was a bit wary. He put himself in a stairway and just kept his shield up. We tossed dung pies back and forth a bit, then I tried to draw him out with a firebomb, somehow managed to get a backstab on him. But he had the Darkwood Grain ring(sp?) on so he ended up just dancing around me. Then he got two magic backstabs on me (he was in front of me and then the backstab animation played...) and killed me. The arsewipe.

And now I have no idea where to go. I'm looking around the area past the second AL bonfire, really want to find a blacksmith...

Is there anyway to prevent other people from dropping in on your game and screwing your stats? I'm about to embark on Dark Souls for the first time, but don't want to put myself in my position where a I can get griefed.

Don't be in human form unless you really have to summon help. If you're hollow you can not be invaded at all iirc.

Booshka

Stay in hollow form at all times, or play on Xbox.

SL 49 PS3, anyone have a BKH that I can get please?

Didn't drop at Darkwood OR Cata, which means that I gotta get to the end-game before I can get it. Don't want that! Can anyone help me out please?

Nose Master

I doubt anyone in this thread will care, but: Dark Souls is $9.99 / 800 MSP on 360 right now. Artorias(sp?) DLC is also half price. If you got in on that 66% off MSP deal, that makes these a steal.

I doubt anyone in this thread will care, but: Dark Souls is $9.99 / 800 MSP on 360 right now. Artorias(sp?) DLC is also half price. If you got in on that 66% off MSP deal, that makes these a steal.

Didn't realize the dlc was also on sale. Thanks, just picked it up!

Are the bosses in it difficult?

Ruuppa

I think it is over 11 int actually, but I'm not sure about that.

You have to get infected with the egg tho.

edit: oh you mean you thought I implied he drops the glove? Sorry if I did not word it properly.

No, I thought that you could get two if you get one from Laurentius and then talk to Eingyi while egged and less than 11 Int. Getting two on the same run without being a Pyro doesn't seem possible then.

Edit: Okay. Reading comprehension time here: It must be above 11 like you said. Somehow I read the wiki as under 11. Gah.

AlexBasch

Bought this game the other day, damn its hard

I'm a pyromancer

Sorry, no way to make it easier, you already picked Easy mode. ;)
Well, he can use summons to go Beginner mode.

If you're a PS3 player and need some souls, be sure to stop by at the forest for my souls giveaway! Chances are you'll obliterate me with one attack!

EDIT: No, seriously, I got 1 million souls or so because I entered a fight in which the host just died, if I'm giving out 10% of those souls with every death, well, it's a good amount.

Booshka

Well, he can use summons to go Beginner mode.

If you're a PS3 player and need some souls, be sure to stop by at the forest for my souls giveaway! Chances are you'll obliterate me with one attack!

EDIT: No, seriously, I got 1 million souls or so because I entered a fight in which the host just died, if I'm giving out 10% of those souls with every death, well, it's a good amount.

That's not how soul payout works in PvP. Soul payout is based on the amount of souls the player that was killed needs to level up. Different payouts are then given based on your role in the PvP session, split among Invader, Host, Summon. Host gets 50% of souls to level, Summon gets 25% (or half of what Host gets), and Invader gets 10% of souls to level.

There are a few exceptions, like if there are two reds (one through orb invasion, one through red soapstone) or a blue invader and a red invader. In those cases, the invader will get a summon payout (25%) for the opposite invader killed. They will still get 10% of Host or White sign summon souls to level however.

For example a SL 100 Player needs about 60K souls to level up. Host would get 30K, Summon would get 15K and invaders get 6K for killing that player in those respective roles.

If you got a million souls for killing someone, it was probably a host and summon dying, because the max payout you can get at 10% is around 880K for a level 711-713 player.

AlexBasch

Lenghty explanation.
Oh, I just recalled to read about the 10% and thought it applied for every invasion, good explanation, thanks. :)

At least I'll put those souls to good use, only leveled up once (SL80) and I'll invest it in upgrading weapons and armor only.

And holy shit at those levels, I think I'll stop trying at the forest, it's just not worth it at my level. :S

Arkos

...beat S&O! With a little help from my good buddy Solaire, lol. Phew. So excited to be able to teleport

...beat S&O! With a little help from my good buddy Solaire, lol. Phew. So excited to be able to teleport

Just beat O&S as well! Took me 3 tries, but I did do some coop beforehand to see what their moves were like. The fight got me down to my last flask and I probably would've died if the game didn't give me those two extra Estus flasks (for a total of 12 flasks) that saved my life lol.

Booshka

Just beat O&S as well! Took me 3 tries, but I did do some coop beforehand to see what their moves were like. The fight got me down to my last flask and I probably would've died if the game didn't give me those two extra Estus flasks (for a total of 12 flasks) that saved my life lol.

Some other player kindled their bonfire an extra two times and it saved your life, Souls online aspects are so amazing.

AlexBasch

Some other player kindled their bonfire an extra two times and it saved your life, Souls online aspects are so amazing.
I thought that was because someone +1'd a message of you. :O Interesting.

By the way, do people find Smough harder to kill first than Ornstein? I dropped my summon sign and got directions to kill Smough first, which was a piece of cake because of how huge and slow he is, and obviously easier since it's 2v2. I just chose to go after Ornstein first because I thought
the second form would be harder.

Grinchy

Banned
I just need the Dragonslayer Spear for the rare weapons trophy. If anyone can meet up with me to trade it over, I can hand it right back. I also have all the other weapons needed if you are looking for one too. I just do not feel like going through another NG and killing Smough first...

I'm SL124 I think. If you're interested just let me know here, shoot me a PM, or just add me on PSN (Grinchy).

Hobobloke

I thought that was because someone +1'd a message of you. :O Interesting.

By the way, do people find Smough harder to kill first than Ornstein? I dropped my summon sign and got directions to kill Smough first, which was a piece of cake because of how huge and slow he is, and obviously easier since it's 2v2. I just chose to go after Ornstein first because I thought
the second form would be harder.

A lot of people want to leave a certain one last for the item sets that become available later.

Arkos

Awesome, cheers! I got kind of lucky, they both pinned Solaire right in the fog door and beat on him, but somehow he didn't take too much damage, so I got to pick off Ornstein from behind mostly. And then I had already figured out how to goad solo Smough into a pretty cheap sequence lol.

I got lucky again and blew through New Londo pretty quick (with a little light grinding in between) and somehow beat the 4 Kings on my second try solo. I must have just had a good setup for that area or something.

A little slower going in the Dukes Archives. My weapons feel a little weak once again compared to the relative havoc I've been wreaking in Anor Londo, New Londo, and Sif's Area recently.

But I feel like I'm finally somewhat comfortable and at least familiar with the game, leveling, weapons, etc lol (plus warping makes it a lot nicer). 60 hours but I'm starting to think there could be a light at the end :p

Seance

Banned
I wish From worked on the unfinished parts of the game and charged out the ass for it as DLC. I'd eat that shit up eagerly :/

Ruuppa

But I feel like I'm finally somewhat comfortable and at least familiar with the game, leveling, weapons, etc lol (plus warping makes it a lot nicer). 60 hours but I'm starting to think there could be a light at the end :p

Now go fight in the DLC and realize the light is coming from an oncoming train.

Arkos

Bahaha nice. I'm actually bummed, I've gotta use all my 48 hour subs and maybe even try to buy the smallest sub possible because I've been playing the last few areas without Internet after my XBL lapsed and I really miss seeing other people, the advice, and being able to summon. I never realized how much I'd miss it cause I'm always hollow and only really summon NPCs for bosses when I need to.

I can still play the DLC offline if I get it though right? (360)

Met someone yesterday with a SL620 character, he knew basically everything about the game. Don't even want to know how many hours that took....

So my pyromancy glove has been at +5 for quite awhile I was thinking about upgrading. I head back to fire link shrine and the pyromancy merchant that I saved from the barrel is gone. I've already accidentally killed the maggot pyromancer earlier so he's gone as well. I go to my last resort and google to see if there are any more pyromancy merchants. I found out that I basically sent the 1st pyromancer to his deathbed and quelaana doesn't appear unless your glove is +10 so I'm basically screwed u til NG+ :(

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So my pyromancy glove has been at +5 for quite awhile I was thinking about upgrading. I head back to fire link shrine and the pyromancy merchant that I saved from the barrel is gone. I've already accidentally killed the maggot pyromancer earlier so he's gone as well. I go to my last resort and google to see if there are any more pyromancy merchants. I found out that I basically sent the 1st pyromancer to his deathbed and quelaana doesn't appear unless your glove is +10 so I'm basically screwed u til NG+ :(

YOU FUBARED

Sorry man =)

Quelaana sometimes appear before you get your glove to +10, go check it out maybe you got lucky.

Ruuppa

I think there's a Pyromancy that you can get that makes her appear, or maybe she appears if you join the Chaos covenant. Something like that, but she can definitely appear before you have +10 glove. I don't think she appears at all if you haven't met her before beating the Bed of Chaos.

Edit: Or not. My memory is horribly spotty on what triggers her. Try talking to the Fair Lady with and without the Witch's Ring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom