• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I think there's a Pyromancy that you can get that makes her appear, or maybe she appears if you join the Chaos covenant. Something like that, but she can definitely appear before you have +10 glove. I don't think she appears at all if you haven't met her before beating the Bed of Chaos.

Edit: Or not. My memory is horribly spotty on what triggers her. Try talking to the Fair Lady with and without the Witch's Ring?

Quelana's triggers aren't yet fully known.

Heck, he can even appear for a character that doesn't even have a pyro glove.

Quelana's triggers aren't yet fully known.

Heck, he can even appear for a character that doesn't even have a pyro glove.

Yeah I checked, wasn't there :/

I asked a friend who's at the same point in the game as me and he said he bought the glove from quelaana.

After beating O&S I decided to go through areas I hadn't been to yet. There were a couple bosses/areas that I should've gone to earlier in the game like sif, ceaseless discharge, and pinwheel. I'm bummed because I feel like I didn't get the full experience out of those bosses/areas because I was over leveled. Since it's open world I guess this was to be expected though.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Yeah I checked, wasn't there :/

I asked a friend who's at the same point in the game as me and he said he bought the glove from quelaana.

After beating O&S I decided to go through areas I hadn't been to yet. There were a couple bosses/areas that I should've gone to earlier in the game like sif, ceaseless discharge, and pinwheel. I'm bummed because I feel like I didn't get the full experience out of those bosses/areas because I was over leveled. Since it's open world I guess this was to be expected though.

The thing is, the game's main quest leads you to Sif after O&S anyways.

Jhoan

I need help cutting off the Sanctuary Guardian's tail off. Can any 360 folks that are on help me? I'm on right now. My GT is Johan El Fuerte. Thanks.

Seance

Banned
2014 For DS2..... A bunch of cut content and bugs at launch will no longer be forgivable. DON'T FUCK IT UP FROM
<3

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Dammit. Fuck. Damn.

Spent an entire playthrough playing a Thief. Really wanted the Lords Blade set. But I used Artorias' soul before re-entering the Coliseum. And now she's nowhere to be found.

nooooooooooooo that playthrough was like 10 hours long at that point ;_;

Booshka

Dammit. Fuck. Damn.

Spent an entire playthrough playing a Thief. Really wanted the Lords Blade set. But I used Artorias' soul before re-entering the Coliseum. And now she's nowhere to be found.

nooooooooooooo that playthrough was like 10 hours long at that point ;_;

Depending on what platform you are on, I can give you that armor set.

Booshka

PC

I don't have anything spectacular to trade. Want all my humanity? I know I have a handful of Twins.

My PC character is SL 105, I can give you the armor if you are around that SL. I don't really need anything for trade but I always appreciate Humanity items.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
My PC character is SL 105, I can give you the armor if you are around that SL. I don't really need anything for trade but I always appreciate Humanity items.

Hm no I was 70 or 80-something. Thanks though!

With Dark Souls 2 so long away I'm sure I will do another Thief playthrough one of these days.

Edit: And this video made me feel better about the whole thing too. Screw Ciaran >:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYMEKz1J3Pk

Booshka

Hm no I was 70 or 80-something. Thanks though!

With Dark Souls 2 so long away I'm sure I will do another Thief playthrough one of these days.

Edit: And this video made me feel better about the whole thing too. Screw Ciaran >:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYMEKz1J3Pk

If you have red sign soapstone and can make it to Kiln you can still join my game. I might just NG+ soon so you could Red sign somewhere easier like burg or parish.

Seance

Banned
I keep expecting these RollBS's I receive to be cancelled due to me facing the opponent when he backstabs me...... How silly of me.

Think this might be what I neeeded to give up DkS for good.

Booshka

I keep expecting these RollBS's I receive to be cancelled due to me facing the opponent when he backstabs me...... How silly of me.

Think this might be what I neeeded to give up DkS for good.

wearing thorn armor will help you cancel backstab damage more often. Also, don't lock on and free aim your swings more often, it's harder to pivot and roll backstab if someone is swinging manually and aiming their swing toward their side and back.

Seance

Banned
wearing thorn armor will help you cancel backstab damage more often. Also, don't lock on and free aim your swings more often, it's harder to pivot and roll backstab if someone is swinging manually and aiming their swing toward their side and back.

It depresses me that you think I'm not. You do realise that with enough latancy, a fast-roll BS can counter any weapon that isn't as fast as a katana, no matter how you swing.

Just before, i halberd thrusted a guy (unlocked), he rolled through it afterwards as i turn to counter his BS. In the middle of my next thrust(directly at him, if you really need that to be spelled out) he BS'd me.

There is no counter.
If you are American I could see how you wouldn't understand, it's OK man.

Booshka

It depresses me that you think I'm not. You do realise that with enough latancy, a fast-roll BS can counter any weapon that isn't as fast as a katana, no matter how you swing.

Just before, i halberd thrusted a guy (unlocked), he rolled through it afterwards as i turn to counter his BS. In the middle of my next thrust(directly at him, if you really need that to be spelled out) he BS'd me.

There is no counter.
lol, I remember using a DGM and Large Club against a guy from Finland. He was extremely good at PvP, far better than I ever would be, first hit toggle escape, rolled through every attack I did. That latency you speak of was in full effect, I would hear the squishy sound of a hit, and he would roll right through it and backstab me or hit me with a quick hit every time. I never enjoy fighting people from another continent, and usually write it off as an instant loss or bullshit fight based on luck of latency.

So yea, I don't mean to undermine your experience or talent in PvP, because if the match is laggy enough, there is little you can do to combat it for a good fight.

With that in mind, Halberd thrust attack is pretty easy to punish if you are close enough to roll bs quickly. Best to use sweeping attack weapons with huge dead angle windows like Zwei and Murakumo.

There is no counter.

That's just the problem, the connection between you and the other player was probably too weak. Because you are using a halberd, its extremely difficult to counter a roll BS with the latency because it hits before you have time to react AND for your weapon to hit after start up (which is moderately slow).

I find the best way to counter backstabs is with a curved sword, even with a thick amount of latency.

Ruuppa

That's just the problem, the connection between you and the other player was probably too weak. Because you are using a halberd, its extremely difficult to counter a roll BS with the latency because it hits before you have time to react AND for your weapon to hit after start up (which is moderately slow).

I find the best way to counter backstabs is with a curved sword, even with a thick amount of latency.

A speedy weapon with wide sweeping attacks is best for PVP because of latency. Scythes are top-tier PVP weapons for just this reason.

Ruuppa

*she

she usually comes up with fun quirky builds but keeps it to herself.

Int/Vit, don't see what's so secret about it. Stamina is not an issue since you're just using Iron Flesh, Str/Dex are not an issue because you're using catalysts. The game can be pretty broken with certain min/max builds.

Arjen

Anyone had white phantoms spawn at a different location then the summon sign?
I summoned a guy in the depths, nothing happened, got the message summoning failed, tried another, then out of nowhere i get new souls out of nowhere, hear sounds coming from the rats, turns out the dude i summoned was killing stuff there, weird as hell.

Seance

Banned
Just started.

shit.

tumblr_mep4o1ZUJz1rpc3vlo1_500.gif

krakov

I summoned a guy in the depths, nothing happened, got the message summoning failed, tried another, then out of nowhere i get new souls out of nowhere, hear sounds coming from the rats, turns out the dude i summoned was killing stuff there, weird as hell.

You can sometimes end up a white phantom when invading, making things very confusing for the host. I've once been summoned to an empty depths as well with no host around.

Soulhouf

Yeah, that happened to me many times.
I once was summoned just before the fog door to S&O whereas the dude who summoned me didn't reach the internal bonfire in Anor Londo.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Oh man I don't like Tomb of the Giants. I thought the torch mechanic looked really cool in the DS2 gameplay... now I'm having second thoughts. Any advice?

Oh man I don't like Tomb of the Giants. I thought the torch mechanic looked really cool in the DS2 gameplay... now I'm having second thoughts. Any advice?

Playing with the torch is cool but really hard too. There's an item/thing called Sunlight Maggot that you wear on your head that lights the way too if you are having problems. There's also a spell called Cast Light that does the same thing if you are playing as a sorcerer

Ruuppa

Oh crud. Previously in the thread I said that Artorias might be easier with a boxer than Sanctuary Guardian.

I take it all back.

Having to roll from all of his minor attacks is really bloody hard, and his resistance to elements coupled with his high HP isn't great. Might as well tackle him after I get the Rite of Kindling.

Arjen

Oh crud. Previously in the thread I said that Artorias might be easier with a boxer than Sanctuary Guardian.

I take it all back.

Having to roll from all of his minor attacks is really bloody hard, and his resistance to elements coupled with his high HP isn't great. Might as well tackle him after I get the Rite of Kindling.

Pallytime is doing a boxer run on YouTube as well, and he had a hard time with atorias as well, think he used iron flesh for it even.

cjsnapp

Neo Member
I really need to take the time to get back into this. All I have left are Kalameet, Manus, and Gwyn. Manus was reaming my arse last time I tried though. Is it worth going back for the silver pendant (or whatever the item is for his magic attacks)?

Jhoan

Hey guys! I've done a co-op vid! Be gentle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSuw2FAGnys
Ah yes Ornstein and Smough one of my favorite bosses in the game. I love helping people out with that battle since I know many people struggle with it.

It seems that you always deal the killing blows to the bosses. I used to do that in the past, but I personally hang back when the boss is down to about 25% to let the host deliver it out of respect for his game.

I did it with the torch but to echo the above statement, you can either get the Sunlight Maggot or if you got the DLC and aren't a sorcerer, you'll find the Cast Light spell there. The freakin' skeleton dogs are some scary stuff. The latter half of the game's areas suck for the most part save for The Duke's Archives.

I wanted to give a quick shoutout and thanks to Booshka for helping me out with the Sanctuary Guardian and giving me some tips on my equipment; I upgraded the Wanderer and Dingy armor sets as much I could. I leveled up from SL 95 to 104 now (I'm overpowered for play through #1). I might need your help with Kalameet when I eventually fight it.

Fought Artorias and I wanted say that holy crap! That boss battle was crazy intense; it easily makes it one of my favorite boss battles in the game. The animation, the erratic blows; the fact that Sif has some of the same moves as him was a pretty cool touch.

It took me a good several tries to get his rhythm down and take him out since he's so aggressive from the get go. I thought for sure I was going to need help, but it felt great to finally beat him. The DLC bosses have all been good so far even so far as surpassing some of the vanilla game's bosses.

I've been the DLC immensely and many enemies hit hard if you're not careful. The extra armors, spells, and weapons are pretty cool. There's a few items that I've found that have left me scratching my head though. The only downside is that I lost 12 Humanity and 80K's worth of souls, but I'll regain them pretty easily. Still got a ways to go until the next boss fight.

As a side note, I got invaded in the Royal Wood and was waiting for my opponent to come to me. Well about 2 minutes after waiting, I get 20,000 souls. I think the idiot fell off a cliff. That was the most anti-climatic invasion I've had.

Arjen

I really need to take the time to get back into this. All I have left are Kalameet, Manus, and Gwyn. Manus was reaming my arse last time I tried though. Is it worth going back for the silver pendant (or whatever the item is for his magic attacks)?

You can roll trough his dark magic, but for me the pendant works much better.

Ah yes Ornstein and Smough one of my favorite bosses in the game. I love helping people out with that battle since I know many people struggle with it.

It seems that you always deal the killing blows to the bosses. I used to do that in the past, but I personally hang back when the boss is down to about 25% to let the host deliver it out of respect for his game.

I have been doing all the bosses on co-op and putting them up on youtube and taking the opportunity to lean how to edit this video stuff. Learning process! Anyway thanks for the quote/comment.

i used havel's shield (with ring) and it worked wonders, but obviously you need the stats for it. greatshield of artorias would probably work well too, but the magic reduction is much lower.

i just went through the DLC this weekend in about two prolonged sittings. has there been any discussion as to possible (if even oblique/thematic) connections to Demon's Souls and the DLC content? there were a handful of little details throughout that made me feel like they were purposely trying to reference Demon's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom