• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booshka

What's a typical quality build normally look like?

Went back to my first character and not quite sure what to do with my stats, this is the distribution so far.

SL: 120

VIT: 44
ATT: 16
END: 40
STR: 28
DEX: 40
RES: 13
INT: 14
FAI: 8

Make the bolded adjustments to your build for a decent SL 120 Quality build. You have a couple wasted points here and there, but still pretty good. If you want to go to SL 125 add two points to Faith for Replenishment and then 3 to Vit.

I have fallen into favor with 40/40 Quality builds where you have 40 STR and 40 DEX for max scaling. It also opens up a plethora of weapon options. I can use a Large Club and Balder Side Sword at the same time and do tons of damage with both, really throws players off. And weapons that have excellent one handed attacks like the Claymore get a nice buff to their damage with 40 STR as opposed to 28 for the 2H min/max Murakumo min reqs.

Ruuppa

Make the bolded adjustments to your build for a decent SL 120 Quality build. You have a couple wasted points here and there, but still pretty good. If you want to go to SL 125 add two points to Faith for Replenishment and then 3 to Vit.

I have fallen into favor with 40/40 Quality builds where you have 40 STR and 40 DEX for max scaling. It also opens up a plethora of weapon options. I can use a Large Club and Balder Side Sword at the same time and do tons of damage with both, really throws players off. And weapons that have excellent one handed attacks like the Claymore get a nice buff to their damage with 40 STR as opposed to 28 for the 2H min/max Murakumo min reqs.

Was just watching someone slapping other people with Murakumo, and now I really want to make a Quality build myself. Maybe try and dunk some Int there somewhere for the weapon buffs as well.

The stupid final boss is way overpowered. He kills my stamina with 2 hits and boom, slashes my health in half.

I have a decent fire-resistant equipment, any tips? Should I level up my stamina? upgrade my armor?

Stunlocking the shit out of him with Black Knight Great Axe is an easymode option...

Novocaine

Stunlocking the shit out of him with Black Knight Great Axe is an easymode option...

A few ripostes also do the job pretty easily. His attacks are very predictable. Unless you haven't been practicing parries throughout the rest of the game, then it might be a pain in the ass.

Hobobloke

Cheers mate, why is that some people stop at 120 and others 125 anyway?

Was playing through the DLC area again the other day and aggro'd two stone guardians, I killed the first one and when the other got over to me and saw his fallen comrades body he just stood there saluting; thought it was a really nice touch. This happened to anyone else?

Booshka

Cheers mate, why is that some people stop at 120 and others 125 anyway?

Was playing through the DLC area again the other day and aggro'd two stone guardians, I killed the first one and when the other got over to me and saw his fallen comrades body he just stood there saluting; thought it was a really nice touch. This happened to anyone else?

I was impressed by the Stone Guardians that stand there using binoculars.

120 is the standard place to stop for most players because it was like that in Demon's Souls as well. After the patch that came with the DLC nerfed the DWGR and changed a lot of other things, a lot of players bumped their characters to 125 for extra equip load.

Hobobloke

I was impressed by the Stone Guardians that stand there using binoculars.

120 is the standard place to stop for most players because it was like that in Demon's Souls as well. After the patch that came with the DLC nerfed the DWGR and changed a lot of other things, a lot of players bumped their characters to 125 for extra equip load.

Ah ok, that makes more sense now

Hadn't even noticed them using binoculars, I'll have to be more attentive.

EDIT: Just watched that video, amazing.

Sullichin

it's not enough :(

Yeah, especially since that interviewer doesn't seem to know much about Dark Souls so it's not a very interesting interview. There's some stuff out there but it's being overshadowed by next gen stuff. The new boss sounds really cool, and proper dual wielding should be a nice improvement.

Fucking hell, beat S&O, beat Catacombs, beat Pinwheel, got to the TotG first bonfire and was about to fire it and BOOM, sudden giant Skeleton from the skies on top of my face.

Nope.gif

Robot Pants

Ok GAF,
I don't know where to really put this question (is there a tech thread?), but apparently I'm retarded and can't figure this out.

I have a Linksys E2000 router, which has this really retarded firmware when it comes to doing DMZ. It used to just ask which IP you want to DMZ and that was it.
Super easy. Now I have this:

gn645j1.jpg

Ignore the values that are in there now, they don't mean anything.
All I want to do is DMZ my 360.
The static IP for it is 192.168.1.101

Now either it just doesn't work on my router, or I've been doing this wrong every time I try it, but whenever I try to do the DMZ, and test my NAT on the 360, it comes up STRICT.
When I just use port forwarding, it's OPEN.

Any help on how to use those fields correctly would be GREAT.
And yes I've tried google numerous times, they only have instructions on how to do it using the old, easier, firmware.

THanks.

Sullichin

Ok GAF,
I don't know where to really put this question (is there a tech thread?), but apparently I'm retarded and can't figure this out.

I have a Linksys E2000 router, which has this really retarded firmware when it comes to doing DMZ. It used to just ask which IP you want to DMZ and that was it.
Super easy. Now I have this:

Ignore the values that are in there now, they don't mean anything.
All I want to do is DMZ my 360.
The static IP for it is 192.168.1.101

Now either it just doesn't work on my router, or I've been doing this wrong every time I try it, but whenever I try to do the DMZ, and test my NAT on the 360, it comes up STRICT.
When I just use port forwarding, it's OPEN.

Any help on how to use those fields correctly would be GREAT.
And yes I've tried google numerous times, they only have instructions on how to do it using the old, easier, firmware.

THanks.

Have you tried allowing all IPs in the DMZ just to check if it works at all?

Grinchy

Banned
So I select Any IP address

then in destination: 192.168.1.101?

I guess my biggest problem is that I don't understand what it's asking of me.

I have the E1200 which has the same or at least similar firmware. I have it set for Any IP for source and then I designate the destination IP for that of my PS3's static IP. You ought to give that a try.

Sullichin

So I select Any IP address

then in destination: 192.168.1.101?

I guess my biggest problem is that I don't understand what it's asking of me.
Hmm yeah you should only have to worry about the destination I'm pretty sure. If that doesn't work try changing the type to MAC address instead of IP, and put in your 360s MAC address there. That DCHP client list button will probably show it.

Robot Pants

I have the E1200 which has the same or at least similar firmware. I have it set for Any IP for source and then I designate the destination IP for that of my PS3's static IP. You ought to give that a try.

Hmm yeah you should only have to worry about the destination I'm pretty sure. If that doesn't work try changing the type to MAC address instead of IP, and put in your 360s MAC address there. That DCHP client list button will probably show it.

Thanks guys. It worked. The problem was that I had port 3074 set for my PC for GFWL, and it was messing up the NAT on the Xbox. I just switched that off on the port forwarding and boom, DMZ works.
I'm dumb. Thanks again.

Arjen

So i'm trying my first SL1 run, just got past capra.
Not as hard as i thought it would be.
What's the general consensus for the path i should take my reinforced club?
+15, lightning or fire?

+15, lightning or fire?

For me it didn't get really hard until S&O, I went with lightning.

+15, lightning or fire?

Might as well get both, and switch out when necessary.

EDIT: By both, I mean fire and lightning. No point +15 since you won't get stat bonuses from it.

Arjen

Thanks guys.
Still going smoothly, just got to anor londo, and took out pinwheel as well, funny how he's still a joke of a boss even on SL1.
I'm dreading the high walk way with painting guardions though, my go to strategy was pulling them one by one with a bow, never did it any other way. But i guess i have to now.

Sullichin

Thanks guys.
Still going smoothly, just got to anor londo, and took out pinwheel as well, funny how he's still a joke of a boss even on SL1.
I'm dreading the high walk way with painting guardions though, my go to strategy was pulling them one by one with a bow, never did it any other way. But i guess i have to now.

Using a reinforced club here is a bad idea, from my experience, because the attack animation has you moving forward. I've done it though.

You can equip the light crossbow at SL1, and while you don't have the stats to use the short bow properly, you may still find it useful if you use poison arrows.

Been avoiding every kind of spoilers and threads/posts about this game.

Been playing this crazy blind for 2 weeks now, but I just had to post and say how fantastic this game is.

The only single thing I had to check was how to craft those boss soul weapons. I used them up at first thinking it was a random thing. The description was really vague.

"Use to gain souls or get a new weapon". I mean come on...

Booshka

Currently revisiting this game, inspired by the amazing "Giantdad." (Pardon the language in that video.) Build here.

THE LEGEND NEVER DIES!

I love that build.

It's got so much minmax that it doesn't stop at "lame", but comes out beyond that and becomes awesome. I wanna try that out with my pal, coopping all the way through the game.

That build isn't actually min/maxed, Pyro starting class gets 1 more point in Resistance.

lol

Arjen

Made some decent progress on my SL1 run.
First of all, sorry for the 4 people invaded in the Burg, i was frustraded from S&O. It was fun at the time, but i felt like a dick afterwards.
Anyway, S&O down, Sif down, water drained in New Londo, time for the 4 kings.

Dyno

The DLC bosses are all harder. One by quite a lot.

Man you're telling me! I was playing my Strength and Faith character last night. Beat Seath, then Four Kings, then Nito. Was feeling like a god. Then went into the DLC and was destroyed by Sanctuary Guardian. He is sooooo fast. I have been focusing on big weapons and they are too slow to land a hit on him.

I have a Chaos Zwei +3 for fire damage. Didn't do any Pyromancy (but regret it a bit now.) I'll try again tonight.

The DLC bosses are all harder. One by quite a lot.
Yep. I've done most of a SL1 run a couple of months ago and have beaten all of the bosses except for Gwyn, Manus, and Kalameet. I'm sure I'll have no trouble with Gwyn but the other two kept kicking my ass and totally killed my momentum. Haven't picked it up since. One of these days...

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
After not having played this game since Borderlands 2 came out I've jumped back in over the last week. I've made my way up from Blightown after ringing the second bell, survived Sen's fortress (wasn't too bad outside a couple of deaths due to the swinging blades), beat the Iron Golem on my first go and finally made it to Annor Londo.

Just now I managed to get past the infamous Silver Knight arrow gauntlet on my first go and made it to the bonfire where Solaire resides.

Any major tips from here onwards? I'm a SL59 Pyromancer with the Elite Knight armour set upgraded to+7/8 except I've swapped the headpiece for a Gargoyle helm. I'm using a +5 magic claymore + shield and using spells here and there. Any other weapons, armour I should upgrade to help me in the next section to compliment what I've got?

Cheers.

Booshka

After not having played this game since Borderlands 2 came out I've jumped back in over the last week. I've made my way up from Blightown after ringing the second bell, survived Sen's fortress (wasn't too bad outside a couple of deaths due to the swinging blades), beat the Iron Golem on my first go and finally made it to Annor Londo.

Just now I managed to get past the infamous Silver Knight arrow gauntlet on my first go and made it to the bonfire where Solaire resides.

Any major tips from here onwards? I'm a SL59 Pyromancer with the Elite Knight armour set upgraded to+7/8 except I've swapped the headpiece for a Gargoyle helm. I'm using a +5 magic claymore + shield and using spells here and there. Any other weapons, armour I should upgrade to help me in the next section to compliment what I've got?

Cheers.

You should be alright, I hope you are investing in Intelligence so your Magic Claymore gets some stat scaling. Otherwise it's a pretty bad upgrade path. If you are though, an Enchanted Claymore +5 (best Int weapon ascension) is good and leads into the Moonlight Greatsword, a godly weapon.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
You should be alright, I hope you are investing in Intelligence so your Magic Claymore gets some stat scaling. Otherwise it's a pretty bad upgrade path. If you are though, an Enchanted Claymore +5 (best Int weapon ascension) is good and leads into the Moonlight Greatsword, a godly weapon.

I have my Int at 31.

Soulhouf

The MGS is godly until you reach the DLC.
I was doing like 80 damage to Artorias with that sword +5 and 50 int in NG+.

Hypron

The MGS is godly until you reach the DLC.
I was doing like 80 damage to Artorias with that sword +5 and 50 int in NG+.

Haha I know how that feels... I ended up using up all my spells first and then spamming the sword's special attack, which is the only one that did any significant amount of damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom