• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calibus

Yeah I set my default at the parish bonfire near the smith because I kindled at it whereas I did not at the hidden forest one. Longer walk back to the butterfly but have 10 potions.

As for the butterfly itself I picked up some bombs and arrows back at the burg hidden merchant. I tried to wait it out to land but its ranged attacks slaughtered me. Tried roll dodging and blocking them but it still wasn't enough.

EDIT: Oh I didn't know it was optional. Will still attempt it though because I want to try to get the full experience out of the game.

Sullichin

Finished that SL1 run. Surprisingly, Nito and Bed of Chaos gave me the most trouble. Nito was easy once I decided to grab and downgrade the Occult club to divine+5 and use that against the skeletons. Bed of Chaos was annoying as hell with no good shield, poise, or ranged weapons.

I didn't upgrade my shields or armor or use the fap ring and started without the master key. For weapons i used reinforced club +5 until Anor Londo, then the giant blacksmith hammer. I realized as I was killing the giant blacksmith that the hammer takes twinkling titanite and I should have bought some first, so I wasted some time picking up some more of that. I used great combustion on Ornstein when my flame was like +12, and I used some pyromancy on Nito and Gwyn with ascended +5 flame, but did all the other bosses just melee. I did some optional areas but not the DLC. It took a little under 7 hours, which isn't speed-run-fast, but was definitely faster than the last time I did SL1. I didn't have the firelink bonfire for most of the game. I don't have the patience to do a true, one sitting speed run, but I'm compelled to start this run over again and go a more optimized route without messing around. I think I can do it a lot faster.

So my first Darkwraith impressions invading in the Burg are not that great in terms of fun :lol

3 out of 10 battles are absolute beginners who offer little/no resistance, I've sent a few of them messages with hints/tips/apologies. I feel kinda bad about these at times.
6 out of 10 battles are people on NG+* who basically ohko me OR people who have summons with them who then group up on me
and 1 out of 10 seems to be an actual fun battle with some decent back and forth

*did not even know this was possible. Are these people that beat the game at a low lvl and are just replaying it? Or hackers?

The burg is a very popular PVP spot, coupled with the fact that yes, low level players can hang out there with good weapons at any point during the game considering it's an optional area, and it explains it. If you want to do proper dickwraithing do it in the parish. But don't be a dick, and use a +5 weapon so noobs actually stand a chance. Keep your chaos zweihander or whatever in your inventory in case you run into a NG+/higher level player.

Are you on PC and did you run into a black knight w/axe last night? Feel like I recognise your name from my PvP session. Was hanging round in the burg for a bit with my SL30 black knight build to surprise a few low level invaders

I know it's frowned upon by some but cheat engine has totally opened up PvP for me in the last 2 weeks. I've just been using it to create fun builds without all the tedious grinding then hopping straight into PvP. You can give yourself 99 cracked red eye orbs from the offset so there's no need to beat 4 kings. Much more important though is that after beating a boss, you can go into the games flags and mark it as not beaten again. This means you can progress through the game as normal while keeping all areas open for invasion. Would recommend it for anyone that has finished with PvE and purely plays the game for PvP and jolly co-operation

Yeah, cheat engine is an amazing tool to make new builds. I'm not interested at all in making a build that is not possible through normal means, but to save myself a grind to make a novelty build that wouldn't be worth my time to make normally, sure. Having CE is also the best defense against people who use CE for more malicious purposes. Sure you can load a previous save, but if you get cursed or your stats hacked and don't want to lose progress, you can fix your character right there. It sucks that CE is even usable in this game to begin with, but as long as it is, I don't mind using it as a convenience for setting up a purely PVP build.

That's not too bad as you can get there in 60 seconds from the Parish bonfire.

Things were a lot worse on console before the DLC patch when you couldn't warp to a lot of current bonfires - The Depths, Undead Parish, Painted World, Duke's Archives and Tomb of the Giants were all non warpable before patch 1.06 :/
Dukes was definately needed. Some of them only seem added in for farming - Crystal Caves and Depths. Since there's no reason to go to the Depths after you can warp, other than PvP or farming.

patchday

So my first Darkwraith impressions invading in the Burg are not that great in terms of fun :lol

3 out of 10 battles are absolute beginners who offer little/no resistance, I've sent a few of them messages with hints/tips/apologies. I feel kinda bad about these at times.
6 out of 10 battles are people on NG+* who basically ohko me OR people who have summons with them who then group up on me
and 1 out of 10 seems to be an actual fun battle with some decent back and forth

*did not even know this was possible. Are these people that beat the game at a low lvl and are just replaying it? Or hackers?

Yeah I'd assume invading there with a low level wraith to go badly because players got like
2 different phantoms they can summon
plus its a major coop area. For great 1vs1 I go to Catacombs. For some reason many folks are human form there and even if they have a buddy I've found it pretty trivial to dispatch them both. If you invade catacombs just make sure you don't go to that one spot where the host can do a falling sword attack on you.
You know- where they turn that switch by the 2nd bonfire.

Happy invading!!! Remember never trust another darkwraith. Always kill those dicks 1st lol

[edit]
In Anor Londo (O&S boss area) you might have a chance even if the host summons the sunbro because you can easily lure the NPC to that titanite demon. Most players dont think to kill that demon. That demon will destroy sunbro with ease

Yeah I'd assume invading there with a low level wraith to go badly because players got like
2 different phantoms they can summon
plus its a major coop area. For great 1vs1 I go to Catacombs. For some reason many folks are human form there and even if they have a buddy I've found it pretty trivial to dispatch them both. If you invade catacombs just make sure you don't go to that one spot where the host can do a falling sword attack on you.
You know- where they turn that switch by the 2nd bonfire.

Happy invading!!! Remember never trust another darkwraith. Always kill those dicks 1st lol

[edit]
In Anor Londo (O&S boss area) you might have a chance even if the host summons the sunbro because you can easily lure the NPC to that titanite demon. Most players dont think to kill that demon. That demon will destroy sunbro with ease
It should also be noted that, depending on whether or not you care about being a dick while invading, the Catacombs are the ideal place for using the environment to your advantage. The cliffs, the switchable bridges, and the explosions from the lost souls make it incredibly easy to get a few good environmental kills. The bridges are also the perfect place to get a couple kills with one of the giant bows, knocking people from the thin strip of ground with even a single good hit.

On the same note, though, its also easy to have this turned around on you, particularly if you do happen up a person who has already summoned some help. One can usually lure you into a trap while the other activates it.

Truth.

My attitude to low-level invaders is don't get mad, get even! I'm not into invading so much, but I love getting invaded at low level. They came to ruin a day, but surprise bitch, I'm gonna ruin theirs! You can match them for power even before opening up Sen's, so if you're not going to stay hollow, don't complain about being invaded.

Great combustion in their face and a look skyward is all it takes, see ya!

Favorite dickwraith encounter...I used the master key to access the Ash Lake early and got the Dragon Greatsword. I then meticulously upgrade it to +5. That's my plan B.

I camp out in the Parish at about lv.25, totally nude, with no weapon in my first right-hand slot and the DGS in the other. My goal is to engage in some epic bare-fisted beat-downs to anyone who's game. They invade, I bow, attempt to signal my intentions by either punching the air in front of me or trying to message them before they close in for the kill. Unsurprisingly, no one was interested, so the second they started to backstab fish this unarmed, unarmored character I whipped out my DGS and one-shotted them.

The beauty of the red-eye stone is how easy it is to punish people looking for an unfair advantage. I'm always sure to keep the Burg open for the sole purpose of catching low-level Dickwraiths.

Anyone here try doing a shield/fist-only run before? I'm curious as to how it would, considering some of the boss mechanics. I've seen people do terrifying things to invaders using nothing but a pair of shields in the past but I was wondering how well techniques like that could work against bosses and non-player enemies.

eot

Banned
Nito is a real sonofabitch when he just spams the toxic sword attack from off screen. It feels a bit random whether you manage to dodge it or not.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
They invade, I bow, attempt to signal my intentions by either punching the air in front of me or trying to message them before they close in for the kill. Unsurprisingly, no one was interested, so the second they started to backstab fish this unarmed, unarmored character I whipped out my DGS and one-shotted them.
Meh, to be fair, fist fights are just fucking boring.

Toxi

Banned
I had plenty of fun Dickwraithing in the Depths. A lot of players there are high leveled because it's an optional area and people like to beat the Gaping Dragon with summons. It's also an area that has some neat shortcuts, so chasing people through the Depths can lead to interesting situations, especially if someone accidentally falls until the basilisk pit.

Upper Blighttown is also a fantastic place to dick around at level 30. It's got a lot of creative geometry to knock people off of (<3 Force) and the branched level design makes for some good chases.

patchday

Favorite dickwraith encounter...I used the master key to access the Ash Lake early and got the Dragon Greatsword. I then meticulously upgrade it to +5. That's my plan B.

I camp out in the Parish at about lv.25, totally nude, with no weapon in my first right-hand slot and the DGS in the other. My goal is to engage in some epic bare-fisted beat-downs to anyone who's game. They invade, I bow, attempt to signal my intentions by either punching the air in front of me or trying to message them before they close in for the kill. Unsurprisingly, no one was interested, so the second they started to backstab fish this unarmed, unarmored character I whipped out my DGS and one-shotted them.

The beauty of the red-eye stone is how easy it is to punish people looking for an unfair advantage. I'm always sure to keep the Burg open for the sole purpose of catching low-level Dickwraiths.

Haha that reminds me of one of my favorite Dark Souls vids called 'The Ruse'. Funny story

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
You falsely assume dickwraithing is about lack of skill.

Which is a weakass throwaway insult.
It's either that (in my experience it's always that but I'll give you the benefit of doubt) or it's about being a dick for its own sake, which is not much better. So yeah, still no sympathy for someone who's dickwraithing and asking for help about it on here. I'll keep laughing at them.

Toxi

Banned
Somebody mentioned The Ruse.

It's either that (in my experience it's always that but I'll give you the benefit of doubt) or it's about being a dick for its own sake, which is not much better. So yeah, still no sympathy for someone who's dickwraithing and asking for help about it on here. I'll keep laughing at them.
Au contraire, it's much better. There are so many creative ways to be a dick, both to invaders and hosts. I think my favorite was when I was a white phantom and gestured to a new player to open one of the mimic chests in Anor Londo. Cue the prostration.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Being a dick in creative or funny ways is something else entirely. OHKOing newbies just because you can due to the game's flawed design will always be lame no matter what.

2AdEPT

WTF? Was playing PC version and my soapstone vanished from my inventory?!?!?!!? First off I did not drop it by accident...that'a too difficult to do without noticing. What could have happened? I killed Priscilla, went back to sunlight later offered medal, talked to solaire, re-attuned to use my new miracles as a sunbro and then warped to depths to farm humanity and drop sign and no soapstone?!?!!?!?

yeah and now the game doesn't load? did stream download this patch automatically and now it broke my dsfix? what to do now?

edit:

BB ate my stone...and I was able to take it back.

DSFIX has to be modified and had to turn off unlocked FPS ;(

ArynCrinn

Banned
WTF? Was playing PC version and my soapstone vanished from my inventory?!?!?!!? First off I did not drop it by accident...that'a too difficult to do without noticing. What could have happened? I killed Priscilla, went back to sunlight later offered medal, talked to solaire, re-attuned to use my new miracles as a sunbro and then warped to depths to farm humanity and drop sign and no soapstone?!?!!?!?

yeah and now the game doesn't load? did stream download this patch automatically and now it broke my dsfix? what to do now?

Durante will probably have to return if the fpsfix is ever going to work with the new patch. Could they possibly be getting it ready for a move to Steamworks?

So I've recently started my sl1 no upgrade challenge and thought I'd share the love and frustration with everyone here. I've deemed it the "Furtive Man Challenge". This is NOT an official name, as I know for a fact this challenge has been attempted before right here on Neogaf. Furtive Man Challenge is simply what I chose to call my particular attempt at the challenge.

The rules:

No Upgrades!

Anything goes as long as you don't upgrade anything. No leveling up your soul level, no weapon or armor upgrades, no upgrading pyro flame, no estus upgrading, and no bonfire kindling. This means relying heavily on secondary sub weapons.

I know it has been attempted and completed up to S&O (I recall the Gaffer who attempted this challenge made it this far, but I do not remember their name) but I am not sure if it has ever been completed in its entirety, nor am I aware of any play throughs documenting said attempts. As such, I have been uploading my attempts at this to my youtube channel. You can watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vAAUPunH40&list=PLisNh7-kinYEM0sgluSj6sb4Vgcg_WkxL&index=1

I have over 1,000 hours invested in Dark Souls, I've done SL1 runs before, but this is definitely the hardest Dark Souls challenge I've ever attempted. I'm up to
Capra Demon
now. If any of you have any experience with this particular challenge feel free to leave me some tips as I make my way through Lordran once again. Also, if anyone knows where I can watch someone else attempt a play through of this challenge please link it to me. I did a quick search on youtube and found nothing.

Umbasa.

Soulhouf

So I've recently started my sl1 no upgrade challenge and thought I'd share the love and frustration with everyone here. I've deemed it the "Furtive Man Challenge". This is NOT an official name, as I know for a fact this challenge has been attempted before right here on Neogaf. Furtive Man Challenge is simply what I chose to call my particular attempt at the challenge.

The rules:

No Upgrades!

Anything goes as long as you don't upgrade anything. No leveling up your soul level, no weapon or armor upgrades, no upgrading pyro flame, no estus upgrading, and no bonfire kindling. This means relying heavily on secondary sub weapons.

I know it has been attempted and completed up to S&O (I recall the Gaffer who attempted this challenge made it this far, but I do not remember their name) but I am not sure if it has ever been completed in its entirety, nor am I aware of any play throughs documenting said attempts. As such, I have been uploading my attempts at this to my youtube channel. You can watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vAAUPunH40&list=PLisNh7-kinYEM0sgluSj6sb4Vgcg_WkxL&index=1

I have over 1,000 hours invested in Dark Souls, I've done SL1 runs before, but this is definitely the hardest Dark Souls challenge I've ever attempted. I'm up to
Capra Demon
now. If any of you have any experience with this particular challenge feel free to leave me some tips as I make my way through Lordran once again. Also, if anyone knows where I can watch someone else attempt a play through of this challenge please link it to me. I did a quick search on youtube and found nothing.

Umbasa.

I did it before but I allowed myself to upgrate estus and kindle bonfires.
The hardest boss was by far 4 Kings. I couldn't beat them until I killed the Giant Blacksmith to use his hammer. I went back later with a dagger though and I was finally able to beat them without "cheating".

Other than that, it takes a lot of trial and error and the black firebombs are probably the most useful weapon in the 2nd part of the game.

ArynCrinn

Banned

The rules:

No Upgrades!

Capra Demon

Umbasa.

I did the same challenge and beat O&S, I'm stuck at Nito right now after killing the 4Kings. Same exact rules as yours except I allowed Estus upgrades (and I had the no healing rule for bosses) for getting through zones.

But Nito, imo, under this rule set is pure fucking luck. I used the Giant Blacksmith Hammer to kill Smough first then deal with Ornstein, long fight. In retrospect I strongly recommend you use the Occult Club instead, best weapon against them on a no upgrade run hands down.

I went back later with a dagger though and I was finally able to beat them without "cheating".

I actually did this after what you said earlier in the thread on PS3 the other day!!!!!! Took like 80 tries and had to get a friend to drop me like 70 Gold Pine Resin, but I did it! Got it recorded on my capture device for my TV too, now I've just got to figure out how to encode the video and upload it.

Calibus

Invasions are slowly but surely ruining the enjoyment of the game for me. Need to research if there's a way to disable or limit them.

Invasions are slowly but surely ruining the enjoyment of the game for me. Need to research if there's a way to disable or limit them.

Joining any of the co-op groups (way of the white/ sunbros/ princess's guard) should help a little but other than that play hollow or off-line or stay low level into the harder areas.

Just stay hollow. You can't be invaded if you're hollow. If you need to kindle a bonfire, just turn human and then kill yourself and snag the bloodstain.

Or just play offline.

I did the same challenge and beat O&S, I'm stuck at Nito right now after killing the 4Kings. Same exact rules as yours except I allowed Estus upgrades (and I had the no healing rule for bosses) for getting through zones.

But Nito, imo, under this rule set is pure fucking luck. I used the Giant Blacksmith Hammer to kill Smough first then deal with Ornstein, long fight. In retrospect I strongly recommend you use the Occult Club instead, best weapon against them on a no upgrade run hands down.

I did it before but I allowed myself to upgrate estus and kindle bonfires.
The hardest boss was by far 4 Kings. I couldn't beat them until I killed the Giant Blacksmith to use his hammer. I went back later with a dagger though and I was finally able to beat them without "cheating".

Other than that, it takes a lot of trial and error and the black firebombs are probably the most useful weapon in the 2nd part of the game.

Thanks for the tips. I was undecided on whether or not I should allow estus upgrades since it's technically not a character upgrade, but I figured I would get one shotted by most things later in the game anyways so the estus wouldn't help much.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Joining any of the co-op groups (way of the white/ sunbros/ princess's guard) should help a little but other than that play hollow or off-line or stay low level into the harder areas.

Convents have always been broke, so that's not really an option.

Only option is to stay offline. Why From doesn't allow an option to turn on/off invasions like Biohazard 6 did for it's own version/Agent Hunt... *shrug*

(Yes, yes, it "breaks the spirit of the game." I don't give a damn. Let me have the option of when I want to have people come in and wreck my shit and not.)

Convents have always been broke, so that's not really an option.

Only option is to stay offline. Why From doesn't allow an option to turn on/off invasions like Biohazard 6 did for it's own version/Agent Hunt... *shrug*

(Yes, yes, it "breaks the spirit of the game." I don't give a damn. Let me have the option of when I want to have people come in and wreck my shit and not.)

Bolded part isn't true...it's perfectly viable to just stay hollow. You can even be summoned while hollow (you just can't summon).

eot

Banned
Thanks for the tips. I was undecided on whether or not I should allow estus upgrades since it's technically not a character upgrade, but I figured I would get one shotted by most things later in the game anyways so the estus wouldn't help much.

I'm surprised at how few things do one shot you, getting +3 estus helps a lot actually.

Stay hollow. When you need to kindle a bonfire, kill yourself immediately afterwards.

I think it's fair enough to want to play it first time through without worrying about invasions, but I say don't cut yourself off from online play completely it's a lot of fun and adds a huge amount of replayability. Co-op is fun too and is a quick easy way to get souls :)

Mr.Ock

Stay hollow. When you need to kindle a bonfire, kill yourself immediately afterwards.

I think it's fair enough to want to play it first time through without worrying about invasions, but I say don't cut yourself off from online play completely it's a lot of fun and adds a huge amount of replayability. Co-op is fun too and is a quick easy way to get souls :)

Indeed, I had such a great time the second time I've played the game. I would just stop at a boss and co-op it 5-10 times, then I'd move onto the next one, level up to match the preferred co-op level for that boss and so on. This way I reached level 120 without even noticing!

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Have you ever dickwraithed?

It's actually more challenging than you think. Megamules are abundant which means low level chars with lightning weapons and what not, darkmoon blades invade and they can be higher level than you since the blue orb has infinite range downwards, whenever the invade message appears people tend to rush and summon and many of those are dedicated summon help players -sunbro covenant, high level gear, the lot-, you also run into higher level players since the red orb has infinite range upwards...

If you think dickwraithing means popping newbs non stop, you are wrong.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Dickwraithing by definition would be invading the beginners. If you invade the Parish at level 10 with a lightning rapier and you encounter a BB-glitching lightning rapier, you aren't dickwraithing (even if you were trying to). So, irrelevant.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Dickwraithing by definition would be invading the beginners. If you invade the Parish at level 10 with a lightning rapier and you encounter a BB-glitching lightning rapier, you aren't dickwraithing (even if you were trying to). So, irrelevant.

You are just changing the definiton of dickwraithing to suit your argument.

So, relevant.

Dickwraithing involves popping the orb at a low level on low level areas... and all it comes with.

Dickwraithing involves popping the orb at a low level on low level areas... and all it comes with.

I disagree. Most of the DS playerbase is fairly experienced by now. If you invade in an area using only equipment obtainable for that point in the game (without the master key), you should expect to fight an equal. I don't think there's anything inherently "dickish" about being more skilled than your opponent on relatively equal footing.

Booshka

Having too much fun invading Sens at SL 45 with a +15 Great Club to feel too bad about it. Going for plunge attacks, jump attacks, guard crushing, running attacks, and just being a maniac with a huge tree branch in Sen's funhouse is a blast. If I invade someone who is truly helpless, I usually just kill off their phantoms and black crystal out. Sometimes I will drop some Large Shards and a Humanity or two.

Also love co-oping Sen's as well, I just do a giant one shot plunge attack on the first Titanite Demon below, then proceed to solo all of the remaining Titanite Demons and the Giant past the illusory wall. A lot of players know what I am doing, so they sludge their way through the tar and clean up the loot my wreckage has left them. Some just assume I died and move on, then I have to tell them that the tar pit is below and ripe for pillaging.

I try to avoid backstabs if I can, the whole concept of this character is to try and one shot people from the front at a mid level part of the game. Trying to bring back some of the awesome straight up one shots of Demon's Souls STR weapons into Dark Souls. It's just unfortunate that once you get past Anor Londo, it's almost impossible to deal enough one-shot damage to players without relying on critical attacks and weapon buffs.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Having too much fun invading Sens at SL 45 with a +15 Great Club to feel too bad about it. Going for plunge attacks, jump attacks, guard crushing, running attacks, and just being a maniac with a huge tree branch in Sen's funhouse is a blast. If I invade someone who is truly helpless, I usually just kill off their phantoms and black crystal out. Sometimes I will drop some Large Shards and a Humanity or two.

Also love co-oping Sen's as well, I just do a giant one shot plunge attack on the first Titanite Demon below, then proceed to solo all of the remaining Titanite Demons and the Giant past the illusory wall. A lot of players know what I am doing, so they sludge their way through the tar and clean up the loot my wreckage has left them. Some just assume I died and move on, then I have to tell them that the tar pit is below and ripe for pillaging.

I try to avoid backstabs if I can, the whole concept of this character is to try and one shot people from the front at a mid level part of the game. Trying to bring back some of the awesome straight up one shots of Demon's Souls STR weapons into Dark Souls. It's just unfortunate that once you get past Anor Londo, it's almost impossible to deal enough one-shot damage to players without relying on critical attacks and weapon buffs.

I did the same in Anor Londo, but with a large club instead.

The only armor I used where the pyro starter pants beacause they sorta fit the maniac with a giant baseball bat type.

Booshka

I did the same in Anor Londo, but with a large club instead.

The only armor I used where the pyro starter pants beacause they sorta fit the maniac with a giant baseball bat type.

Ya, I use Brigand Chest, and Pyro leggings and gauntlets, then a Sack on my head, look like a Gimp Barbarian with a giant tree branch. I like Large Club more as a weapon, but I am going for the higher damage and bigger looking weapon. If I had 40 STR to get the best out of the 1 handed R2's of the Large Club I would definitely use it, but I kept my STR at 28 to stay lower level.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Ya, I use Brigand Chest, and Pyro leggings and gauntlets, then a Sack on my head, look like a Gimp Barbarian with a giant tree branch. I like Large Club more as a weapon, but I am going for the higher damage and bigger looking weapon. If I had 40 STR to get the best out of the 1 handed R2's of the Large Club I would definitely use it, but I kept my STR at 28 to stay lower level.

IMHO for low and mid level builds, chaos gives more bang for your buck than normal.

It's a pain to get that damned red slab tho.

If you're only gonna 2hand it, that's 8 levels on vitality instead =D

Booshka

IMHO for low and mid level builds, chaos gives more bang for your buck than normal.

It's a pain to get that damned red slab tho.

If you're only gonna 2hand it, that's 8 levels on vitality instead =D

You are way off, never use Elemental on Pure STR weapons. The 2 handed scaling for STR falls off sharply at 27 STR, which is extremely easy to get to and stay low level as Bandit. I get 642 pure physical AR with Great Club +15 at 28 STR. A Chaos Great Club is laughably bad in comparison.

I haven't used Elemental weapons in over a year, the 1.06 patch nerfed them hard, I would rather sacrifice some Vit or Endurance for good pure physical damage for STR, Quality, or Dex builds. I don't make very low level builds, so elementals aren't worth it to me.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
You are way off, never use Elemental on Pure STR weapons. The 2 handed scaling for STR falls off sharply at 27 STR, which is extremely easy to get to and stay low level as Bandit. I get 642 pure physical AR with Great Club +15 at 28 STR. A Chaos Great Club is laughably bad in comparison.

I haven't used Elemental weapons in over a year, the 1.06 patch nerfed them hard, I would rather sacrifice some Vit or Endurance for good pure physical damage for Pure STR, Quality, or Dex builds. I don't make very low level builds, so elementals aren't worth it to me.

You do lose damage, but 9 points is massive.

I'd rather have 40 END, specially if I'm swinging a massive club.

Anyways, let's call it options and choices eh?

edit: you do get 705 AR with the chaos, but ofc split damage... but again, low-mid level targets don't tend to be heavy on resistances.

Booshka

I wouldn't be one shotting nearly as many people with an elemental club, which is the entire purpose of the build. I have 30 Vit with FaP ring, so I have plenty of HP. My endurance is lower (23), but I have no problem managing stamina and equip load.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
You are just changing the definiton of dickwraithing to suit your argument.
Uh? This is dumb. I'm using the term to refer to a behaviour that I think is particularly dickish and clearly defining this behaviour. I never said that all low-level invasions were lame (some can be fun and exciting), that was just your giant pile of straw. When I patiently clarify what is the behaviour I consider dickish and why, now I'm "changing the definition"? *shakes head*

I disagree. Most of the DS playerbase is fairly experienced by now. If you invade in an area using only equipment obtainable for that point in the game (without the master key), you should expect to fight an equal. I don't think there's anything inherently "dickish" about being more skilled than your opponent on relatively equal footing.
Exactly.

I try to avoid backstabs if I can, the whole concept of this character is to try and one shot people from the front at a mid level part of the game. Trying to bring back some of the awesome straight up one shots of Demon's Souls STR weapons into Dark Souls.
Eh, Demon's Souls has no weapon that OHKOs without a backstab unless you're facing someone with really pathetically low VIT... Especially without a buff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom