• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruuppa

Probably never gonna happen, but game would of been a lot more enjoyable and less of a grind if souls were separated into two categories like DOTA 2 does with it's unreliable and reliable gold system.

For instance if you kill a boss and obtain lets say 10k souls from them, and 3k from "trash" and you die, you only need to go pick up that 3k. That 10k would be soulbound to you. But if you buy something the reliable gold/souls gets used up first.

Icefrog created it, it's an ingenious system that could work for Dark Souls, which pretty much eliminates any legitimate need for a manual save system.

Add that, a single warning shot for NPC's to make an accidental hit less game ruining, then my main gripes about dark souls is gone.
It has a system like that for souls already: All of the Soul of XXX items you grab can be hoarded and used when you need them, without the risk of ever losing them.

You can't really ruin a game in DaS, since no NPC is essential. You might get the bad feels and lose some items, but you can always complete the game.

Add that, a single warning shot for NPC's to make an accidental hit less game ruining, then my main gripes about dark souls is gone.
This is something I think we all learn the hard way!

Most NPCs can take a couple of hits of a non-upgraded weapon - I think that is the games way of communicating that to you (in the way only Souls does) - the first merchant you most likely meet, in Undead Burg LOOKS like a bad guy, and he drops everything important he sells so that may also be a way of showing new players to be vigilant when near NPCs without being too punishing about an innocent mistake.

I think we've all put the controller down and had it register as a hit on an NPC, like I say you learn the hard way, lol.

Probably never gonna happen, but game would of been a lot more enjoyable and less of a grind if souls were separated into two categories like DOTA 2 does with it's unreliable and reliable gold system.

For instance if you kill a boss and obtain lets say 10k souls from them, and 3k from "trash" and you die, you only need to go pick up that 3k. That 10k would be soulbound to you. But if you buy something the reliable gold/souls gets used up first.

Icefrog created it, it's an ingenious system that could work for Dark Souls, which pretty much eliminates any legitimate need for a manual save system.

as mentioned above, some bosses drop their souls which can either make a weapon or give you hella lots of souls.

and npcs can take 1-2 weak hits before they aggro. but theres a diff between a light tap with the hilt of a sword, and a charged overhead hammer smash.

2AdEPT

How can you even? Doesn't that require you to kill the Hydra and such? Did you just loot run while hollow? lol!

SL1 is chump compared to no upgrades SL1 ....although I never tried it myself, I know Sullichin and Soulhouf did 4 kings....and completed a round.....although I haven't heard about DLC...I still can't do manus without hiring help with my star wars level 66 toon!!! I know it can be done...just lazy to learn the attacks. But considering the best players know ALL the attacks it is not inconceivable that they can get into glasss cannon mode and do some damage....would take a long time though not to be making many mistakes.

Ruuppa

SL1 is chump compared to no upgrades SL1 ....although I never tried it myself, I know Sullichin and Soulhouf did 4 kings....and completed a round.....although I haven't heard about DLC...I still can't do manus without hiring help with my star wars level 66 toon!!! I know it can be done...just lazy to learn the attacks. But considering the best players know ALL the attacks it is not inconceivable that they can get into glasss cannon mode and do some damage....would take a long time though not to be making many mistakes.

Considering that a no-upgrade SL1 is a glass cannon that dies to a feather regardless, RTS is a very good option. With that and judicious use of Gold Pine Resin on 2h Drake Sword you should be doing some damage at least.

Tacitus_

So, completed the game and the DLC (skipped the optional boss because fuck dragons).
All in all, I had fun most of the time, though Anor Londo had that fucking ledge run with Dragonslayer Bow knights and the boss there that made me rage so hard. I'm not sure if I'll do a NG+ because I feel I've seen it all now and my gear is almost fully upgraded with the titanite drops from the DLC.
Things I liked: the combat when it worked, the sense of dread when you were low on pots and didn't know where the next bonfire would be.
Things I didn't like: combat when it didn't work (enemies using leap attacks at point blank range and spinning in circles in the air for example), some of the enemy placement, camera and terrain jank, the nigh total lack of information within the game.

Final thoughts: It was certainly a good game but it wasn't as good as the hype had me believe. I'll probably get the sequel when it goes on sale.

because I feel I've seen it all now and my gear is almost fully upgraded with the titanite drops from the DLC.e.

Pfft, the real Dark Souls experience hasn't even started yet ;)

the nigh total lack of information within the game.

There are billion metric tons of in the game, they just don't really throw it in your face via cutscenes and forced tutorials, but you have to go some lengths, like reading the item descriptions to find them!

Ruuppa

I feel I've seen it all now and my gear is almost fully upgraded with the titanite drops from the DLC.

Ya ain't seen nothing 'til you've seen flippy Havels dualwielding Bonewheel Shields in the Gankroot Forest, dancing around like they don't care on a bed of Prism Stones.

2AdEPT

Considering that a no-upgrade SL1 is a glass cannon that dies to a feather regardless, RTS is a very good option. With that and judicious use of Gold Pine Resin on 2h Drake Sword you should be doing some damage at least.

I dont think you can hold the drake sword....nor can you buff it IIRC (havent touched it in years) tooo low str or dex.....the weapons are the reinforced club and giant hammer with its lightning is the best...but some wont use it as its almost cheating as its too much of a leap from the downgraded occult club (to divine for use on skellies.) Because the pyro starts out at very low dex, most weapons, even the lightning spear are out. You really learn how to time your crossbow shots, use the dusk ring for extra pyro (half health is tenuous with power within and red tear ring and dusk crown and bellowing dragon crest) taking off the power within becomes the farming method for the mushrooms to get the pine resin.

Ruuppa

I dont think you can hold the drake sword....tooo low str or dex.....the weapons are the reinforced club and giant hammer with its lightning is the best...but some wont use it as its almost cheating as its too much of a leap from the downgraded occult club (to divine for use on skellies.) Because the pyro starts out at very low dex, most weapons, even the lightning spear are out. You really learn how to time your crossbow shots, use the dusk ring for extra pyro (half health is tenuous with power within and red tear ring and dusk crown and bellowing dragon crest) taking off the power within becomes the farming method for the mushrooms to get the pine resin.

Damn, you're right. Pyros only start with 9 dex. How horrifying.

Tacitus_

Pfft, the real Dark Souls experience hasn't even started yet ;)
That may be, but I have no desire to go through the game again on the same character. Maybe roll a new one now that I know how it works.
There are billion metric tons of in the game, they just don't really throw it in your face via cutscenes and forced tutorials, but you have to go some lengths, like reading the item descriptions to find them!

I know the game prides itself on not telling you every minute detail, but I would've appreciated a little more guidance and a couple bonks on my head when I was being stupid. Was jumping for instance explained at all in the game?

So, completed the game and the DLC (skipped the optional boss because fuck dragons).
All in all, I had fun most of the time, though Anor Londo had that fucking ledge run with Dragonslayer Bow knights and the boss there that made me rage so hard. I'm not sure if I'll do a NG+ because I feel I've seen it all now and my gear is almost fully upgraded with the titanite drops from the DLC.
Things I liked: the combat when it worked, the sense of dread when you were low on pots and didn't know where the next bonfire would be.
Things I didn't like: combat when it didn't work (enemies using leap attacks at point blank range and spinning in circles in the air for example), some of the enemy placement, camera and terrain jank, the nigh total lack of information within the game.

Final thoughts: It was certainly a good game but it wasn't as good as the hype had me believe. I'll probably get the sequel when it goes on sale.
Rather than doing NG+, which yes doesn't add too much other than enemies hit harder - if you wanted another spin through the game you could try playing as a sorcerer or cleric if you used melee the first time through.

Magic is very overpowered by mid to late game and makes bosses a sinch, it's also a lot of fun and feels very different to melee. Also a lot of the difficulty of Dark Souls comes simply from arriving in a new area and the unfamiliarity of enemies and traps, you'll be surprised how much easier it is the second time around and you can experiment and enjoy things that probably had your adrenalin pumping the first time. :)

Tacitus_

Rather than doing NG+, which yes doesn't add too much other than enemies hit harder - if you wanted another spin through the game you could try playing as a sorcerer or cleric if you used melee the first time through.

Magic is very overpowered by mid to late game and makes bosses a sinch, it's also a lot of fun and feels very different to melee. Also a lot of the difficulty of Dark Souls comes simply from arriving in a new area and the unfamiliarity of enemies and traps, you'll be surprised how much easier it is the second time around and you can experiment and enjoy things that probably had your adrenalin pumping the first time. :)

Yeah, might roll a mage or a pyro for a new take on the game. I don't think I found much of the zones that difficult because I was most of the time in heavy armor and later in the game rocking a tower shield. Blight town with its poison shit was the worst/best zone for that.

Bloomers

Epic tip: The great arrows launched by the Anor Londo Duo can be parried for minimal damage.

Tacitus_

Epic tip: The great arrows launched by the Anor Londo Duo can be parried for minimal damage.

It was not the damage, but the pushback dropping me to my death. Having a better weapon might've helped with my frustration since I had practically no upgrades at that point and was making it to the top most of the time.

eot

Banned
Yeah, might roll a mage or a pyro for a new take on the game. I don't think I found much of the zones that difficult because I was most of the time in heavy armor and later in the game rocking a tower shield. Blight town with its poison shit was the worst/best zone for that.

Do a no shield run

sikkinixx

I can't play this game for more than 20 minutes at a time. Fucking stressful experience. And I'm only at the Taurus Demon :p

I took a pyromancer so I could get fireballs, which are nice, but wow I die fast, even stupid normal skeletons, when I get stuck between a few, just mess me up. The game kinda stacks the damage so when I get hit and stagger a bit the other guy is just beating me senseless. I know you need to agro one, kite them back a bit and repeat but fuckin hell. Some runs I'll mess up in the first couple minutes and need to burn through healing stuff.

On top of that I killed the merchant so I got that katana (I bought almost everything he had first) which does a lot of damage but now my roll is too slow, even with just the rags you start with, so I switched back to the starting axe. I put 5 levels into endurance but it didn't seem to help.

I'm just not good at this game.

Tacitus_

It's really not as bad as you'd think and if you 2-hand a strength weapon you do insane damage.

Relearning my playstyle on NG+ doesn't sound a good idea. Though I did get that soul that makes a Berserk lookalike sword... damn the game for making my game NG+ without asking me. Woulda picked up the medium armor from the DLC so I could look like Guts.

E: one more nitpick while I remember: those damn questions that ask you a negative. I pissed off the cat because I had no idea how I was answering and declined the pyro teacher at first but at least he would talk after that.

2AdEPT

I can't play this game for more than 20 minutes at a time. Fucking stressful experience. And I'm only at the Taurus Demon :p

I took a pyromancer so I could get fireballs, which are nice, but wow I die fast, even stupid normal skeletons, when I get stuck between a few, just mess me up. The game kinda stacks the damage so when I get hit and stagger a bit the other guy is just beating me senseless. I know you need to agro one, kite them back a bit and repeat but fuckin hell. Some runs I'll mess up in the first couple minutes and need to burn through healing stuff.

On top of that I killed the merchant so I got that katana (I bought almost everything he had first) which does a lot of damage but now my roll is too slow, even with just the rags you start with, so I switched back to the starting axe. I put 5 levels into endurance but it didn't seem to help.

I'm just not good at this game.
Um no one is good at souls at the start...heck after 2000 hours of souls I still suck from time to time...once you care less about dying and keeping souls etc. then the real souls begins and you can hone in on the intelligence of the developers....friggin geniuses...especially the main dude . All of a sudden...when you get a feel for the controls and your body and mind are one with your character...it starts to flow and wrecks all other games. I can't play anythign else so if you wish any assistance whatsoever...even if it is to follow you around and watch you play...you can call on me if you are PC. AdEPTErik on gfwl; adepterik2 on steam.

Robert J sullivan and a few others have obliged me and now I am addicted all over again...more suls more souls...I can't wait until march q_q

your equip burden is indeed difficult to raise high early on...but just learn to go piecemeal ...is always better to roll fast...I know many can get through by tanking and half rolling...but teh gmae becomes a regular dungeon crawler this way...a large part of the beauty of this game is the elegant combat...when clunking on your back...not so elegant.

Relearning my playstyle on NG+ doesn't sound a good idea. Though I did get that soul that makes a Berserk lookalike sword... damn the game for making my game NG+ without asking me. Woulda picked up the medium armor from the DLC so I could look like Guts.

E: one more nitpick while I remember: those damn questions that ask you a negative. I pissed off the cat because I had no idea how I was answering and declined the pyro teacher at first but at least he would talk after that.
I would attempt working on your two handing...also to learn to flip your shield using triangle button from two handing and back again...this enables you to only block when necessary...helping players the last two days I can't recall blocking much...never on bosses or big things that will break guard regardless...the only enemies I block on are silver knights and darkwraiths...the rest have to learn how to block me.

hey guys
dark souls is kind of a great game
i felt i had to say this

and you're just starting! sens and anor londo are two of the best levels in souls...and they are up next!!!

I have had more than one inquiry on why I like the washing pole so much....well the developers chose to model it after a real sword:

see drying pole below

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasaki_Kojirō

That may be, but I have no desire to go through the game again on the same character. Maybe roll a new one now that I know how it works.

Great thing about starting a new char is that you blast through the stages so fast when you have learned the ropes already while still learning new tricks

I know the game prides itself on not telling you every minute detail, but I would've appreciated a little more guidance and a couple bonks on my head when I was being stupid. Was jumping for instance explained at all in the game?

Jumping was explained twice or three times in the beginning of the game (maybe more, but from the top of my head): when you enter Firelink Shrine, under the entrance to the small sewer part that connects upper and lower Undead Burg (the one with one rat and Undead Merchant, there is a drop that is clearly visible to you but that you can't run to (there is also that one merchant later in the game). Straight after entering Undead Burg, just after the second (or first?) smog gate there is a room that you can't enter in without jumping: this one has an added benefit of not dying or getting hurt if you fail. Third one was after you have ran into the first dragon, when you go down the stairs to the place protected by the two spearmen undedad (where there is the other Undead Merchant (male) is), in the end of that "mini-stage" there is a roof jump that even includes a "try jumping" sign IIRC :p

Well I finally started giving Dark SOuls a chance and I was really enjoying up until I hit the 10 hour mark.
I've rung the first bell and I'm now at the incredibly annoying Capra Demon.

I've watched several videos on youtube and gosh do they make it look easy! Kill dogs, dodge attack, kill the boss. Looks like a cake walk in those videos!
And yet I've only been able to make it past him and the dogs to the stairs ONCE, but I couldn't get a dog to follow and the boss lunge attacked me while I was falling in mid-air and the camera when crazy because I was too near a wall and pillar.

If the fight just had a bonfire right outside, I wouldn't mind it. (then I could quickly respawn and do it over without wasting time)
OR If the route to the fight just didn't take so long, I wouldn't mind it.
OR If the fight didn't have the dogs, I wouldn't mind it.
OR If the fight took place in an larger area with less chance of getting stuck, I wouldn't mind it.

But all of those things ARE there and they add up to be nothing but frustrating mess. Instead of feeling energized to try again and be better, I dread the long walk back to a fight where I'm almost assured to die again seconds after arriving. I can already tell that if I beat him it won't be satisfying. The boss itself isn't all that interesting, it's just all the shit surrounding the fight that makes it difficult.

I don't want to just quit, but I don't want to go through all of this crap a dozen more times either. Maybe I'll go back to the forest area past the blacksmith and see how far I can get there. I already tried that area out a little (killed one of the dark knights, got a sweet stamina regenerating shield).

Arjen

Well I finally started giving Dark SOuls a chance and I was really enjoying up until I hit the 10 hour mark.

I've watched several videos on youtube and gosh do they make it look easy! Kill dogs, dodge attack, kill the boss. Looks like a cake walk in those videos!
And yet I've only been able to make it past him and the dogs to the stairs ONCE, but I couldn't get a dog to follow and the boss lunge attacked me while I was falling in mid-air and the camera when crazy because I was too near a wall and pillar.

If the fight just had a bonfire right outside, I wouldn't mind it. (then I could quickly respawn and do it over without wasting time)
OR If the fight took place in an larger area with less chance of getting stuck, I wouldn't mind it.

But all of those things ARE there and they add up to be nothing but frustrating mess. Instead of feeling energized to try again and be better, I dread the long walk back to a fight where I'm almost assured to die again seconds after arriving. I can already tell that if I beat him it won't be satisfying. The boss itself isn't all that interesting, it's just all the shit surrounding the fight that makes it difficult.

I don't want to just quit, but I don't want to go through all of this crap a dozen more times either. Maybe I'll go back to the forest area past the blacksmith and see how far I can get there. I already tried that area out a little (killed one of the dark knights, got a sweet stamina regenerating shield).

A few tips if you're stuck. Get yourself a high stability shield and upgrade it to +5, grab a spear or the Estoc, those allow you to attack from behind your shield.
Should help a lot, and make sure you have some poise so you're attacks wont be interupted.

Seanspeed

Banned

Beating him *will* be satisfying, if for no other reason that you get to continue on and explore some cool new areas.

Its weird, cuz I beat him the first time on my first playthrough. 2nd playthrough - killed me a good 15-20 times before finally getting by. 3rd playthrough - maybe 10 times or so. It can be frustrating, definitely. Its mainly just about surviving the first 5-10 seconds or so. Figure out what you need to do to get by the initial attack or two and run up the damn stairs, kill the dogs and then you can kind of spam the rest of your way through the fight using the stairs. Don't try and stand toe-to-toe with the motherfucker.

I'm back playing again and I've started the DLC. Not a great start so far. I don't like the first main area at all. Its entirely too ripped off from another part of the game(wont say which to avoid spoilers, but I'm pretty sure most people will know what I'm talking about). It seriously feels just like it and it was already one of my least favourite areas in the game. I hope it gets better.

eot

Banned

Get the Wolf Ring, get a +5 shield (Hollow Soldier Shield is good) and go up the stairs. Then stand in the right corner on top of the arch, kill the dogs and just block. Capra will fall down and you can do a drop attack on him. The hard part is getting up there the first time, but the ring will help you with that. I generally think it's easier to go right initially and around Capra that way. He'll almost always do a leap attack to begin with, try to roll through that one.

Of course, you can also summon someone for the fight.

If Jeff Green can kill Capra, so can you! I think this should be the official tag line for DS2.

Just to flesh out what others have already said:

- Have you explored the stairs right next to the Fog door? This alternate route from Firelink Shrine bonfire to Capra has fewer enemy encounters, meaning less Estus used on the way to the boss and 10 Estus refills instead of 5 (unless you've kindled the Undead Burg bonfire for 10 there any way).

- Wolf Ring. Increases your poise - this means your attack animation will not be interrupted by enemies own attacks (like those annoying DOGS for example!). Heavy armour also has more poise than light armour.

- +5 weapon. Can't stress this enough, Dark Souls is not all about levelling up, it's about your weapon. +5 that sucker so the dogs go down in one hit. Capra on his own is not really a problem.

- Turn OFF Auto-wall recovery in the options menu. Capra Demon's room is purposefully small and difficult, doing this makes it less so.

- Have you faced the big silver dude behind the locked door below the Taurus Demon tower? He drops a nice ring that increases your equipment burden, which should help with your armour/fast roll balance woes.

With Capra just concentrate on getting the dogs killed and yourself some space first of all, even if all you do for the first moments of the fight is block and run, you give yourself time to heal and get some composure.

Tacitus_

I would attempt working on your two handing...also to learn to flip your shield using triangle button from two handing and back again...this enables you to only block when necessary...helping players the last two days I can't recall blocking much...never on bosses or big things that will break guard regardless...the only enemies I block on are silver knights and darkwraiths...the rest have to learn how to block me.

Hmph, even bosses couldn't break my block.

Jumping was explained twice or three times in the beginning of the game (maybe more, but from the top of my head): when you enter Firelink Shrine, under the entrance to the small sewer part that connects upper and lower Undead Burg (the one with one rat and Undead Merchant, there is a drop that is clearly visible to you but that you can't run to (there is also that one merchant later in the game). Straight after entering Undead Burg, just after the second (or first?) smog gate there is a room that you can't enter in without jumping: this one has an added benefit of not dying or getting hurt if you fail. Third one was after you have ran into the first dragon, when you go down the stairs to the place protected by the two spearmen undedad (where there is the other Undead Merchant (male) is), in the end of that "mini-stage" there is a roof jump that even includes a "try jumping" sign IIRC :p

Yeah, I picked up the hint that you might be able to jump, but I had to google how to jump.

Soulhouf

Yeah, a fully upgraded great shield with 40 endurance is very hard to break, especially if it's the Great Shield of Artorias. That's pretty much the way to make the game much easier than it is. S&O battle is a joke with the Eagle Shield, even solo.
Playing with a great shield is good for a first run to learn the game's layout but when you master it, you won't need blocking anymore.

Ruuppa

Yeah, I picked up the hint that you might be able to jump, but I had to google how to jump.

IIRC they really don't explain how to jump, it was just a thing I noticed my character doing when I tried to roll from a sprint. They just explain the very basics, and leave it at that.

2h runs are really fun! You'll be staggering bosses left and right with a proper heavy weapon, and it's always so satisfying. You can either fatty-Poise through everything, or go light and roll everywhere while wearing Wolf Ring. I've never tried fatting it up through bosses, but I suppose it could work?

Tacitus_

Yeah, a fully upgraded great shield with 40 endurance is very hard to break, especially if it's the Great Shield of Artorias. That's pretty much the way to make the game much easier than it is. S&O battle is a joke with the Eagle Shield, even solo.
Playing with a great shield is good for a first run to learn the game's layout but when you master it, you won't need blocking anymore.

I was rocking the Black Iron Greatshield. Great for everything that did physical or fire. 80 stability + 50 endurance (for encumbrance) + stamina regen ring. I was practically invincible against most of the stuff the game threw at me.

Ruuppa

Went to Tomb of the Giants without the Lordvessel...

Why the fuck do I do this to myself....

Tell me you at least had a Divine weapon when you went. If you didn't, well. Wow. Good job. Now go grab that Effigy Shield and SS Ring while you're there.

Sullichin

I never did a real no upgrades SL1 run.. closest I did to that was 4K with deprived starting and +15 club, which has a lower AR than the blacksmith giant hammer.

Went to Tomb of the Giants without the Lordvessel...

Why the fuck do I do this to myself....

Every Souls player should do this once! It's fun/awful finding your way out.

Blinck

As long as you don't rest at a bonfire, it's all good.

You rest at a bonfire didn't you! :))

I did....I fucking did. Fuck.
I wanted to rescue Rhea asap and I didn't even remember that I don't have the Lordvessel yet!

Tell me you at least had a Divine weapon when you went. If you didn't, well. Wow. Good job. Now go grab that Effigy Shield and SS Ring while you're there.

I'm on new game +, so it could be worse since I do have a divine weapon and a sunlight maggot. I will grab the SS ring though now that I'm here since I missed it on the first playthrough.
Still, I thought the area would be easier than this on new game +... but my char doesn't have much HP and the enemies hit pretty fucking hard. ( first time on new game + )

Man just to think that I have to go back through the catacombs...through those wheel skeletons and shit...there is no way around this correct?

Every Souls player should do this once! It's fun/awful finding your way out.

It should certainly be a true Dark Souls experience :p

Soulhouf

I never did a real no upgrades SL1 run.. closest I did to that was 4K with deprived starting and +15 club, which has a lower AR than the blacksmith giant hammer.

I did it twice. First time I cheated by using the Giant Blacksmith hammer because I couldn't beat 4K but I fixed that later by doing 100% no upgrade, no elemental run by using the basic reinforced club and dagger (against 4K).

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I thought you guys might appreciate this.

One of the most satisfying parts of Dark Souls. (Click for full size)

I wanted to rescue Rhea asap and I didn't even remember that I don't have the Lordvessel yet!
Probably about 200 pages back there's a post of mine exactly the same. "Oh I'll make a faith build! Oh I'll get Rhea early! Oh, I'll take out Leroy early! (he doesn't show up pre-Lord Vessel) ... sees orange fog gate..... Oh, I forgot the Lord Vessel,,,, :| "

I've done it tons of times since, remembering not to bonfire, but that first time yeah t'was fun! A rite of passage.

I did it twice. First time I cheated by using the Giant Blacksmith hammer because I couldn't beat 4K but I fixed that later by doing 100% no upgrade, no elemental run by using the basic reinforced club and dagger (against 4K).
Goodness.

What makes the dagger useful for 4 Kings?

eot

Banned
Probably about 200 pages back there's a post of mine exactly the same. "Oh I'll make a faith build! Oh I'll get Rhea early! Oh, I'll take out Leroy early! (he doesn't show up pre-Lord Vessel) ... sees orange fog gate..... Oh, I forgot the Lord Vessel,,,, :| "

I've done it tons of times since, remembering not to bonfire, but that first time yeah t'was fun! A rite of passage.

Isn't a divine Great Club better than Grant anyway?

Booshka

Isn't a divine Great Club better than Grant anyway?

+15 Great Club is better when you have that much Strength. Grant has a really high AR when you have 34 STR and 40 Faith, and it has WoG so it's cool to use as a novelty. But you need to level to 120+ to make it worth it.

Blinck

Ok I made it through without getting killed. Although by the end I was almost killed by 3 fucking skeletons...if I did I would be back in the Tomb of Giants by now since I didn't pass through any other bonfire on the way out...

It was intense but that's what I love about this game :D

Here's a screenshot of the final moments of my escape from that disgusting place...never was I so happy to see light at the end of a tunnel :D

praiseTheSun.jpg

praise the sun!

Ok I made it through without getting killed. Although by the end I was almost killed by 3 fucking skeletons...if I did I would be back in the Tomb of Giants by now since I didn't pass through any other bonfire on the way out...

It was intense but that's what I love about this game :D

Here's a screenshot of my final moments of the escape...never was I so happy to see light at the end of a tunnel :D

praiseTheSun.jpg

praise the sun!
killed by graveyard skeletons shortly after screen taken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom