• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah you don't need to take him on, he's super hard. Basically get onto the bridge up the set of stairs. Run across from the stairs into the little bit that gives you cover from the fire. After 30 seconds or so the Dragon will jump down in front of you. At this point, run under him and keep running! There should be a load of pickups in front of you (from enemies that the fire killed). One of those is the Claymore.

Right after this is a Bonfire so fear not, run :)

Should I unequip all of my armor so that I can run quickly to the bonfire?

Dresden

Should I unequip all of my armor so that I can run quickly to the bonfire?

Yeah.

By the way there's no need to grab everything on the way there. Just make it to the bonfire and it'll reset the enemies. Then get to the altar by the bonfire and the dragon will 'fly away' into the sunset so players can't glitch him by shooting him from the back - which will let you pick up the claymore and such with no danger.

J-Roderton

Finished the painting world. Damn, that place was a pain. The blob guys that are in a group in the courtyard were tough until I found that if I just jump off the wall in the back I can kill them rather easily with the falling attack move. Boss was super easy.

After that I decided to go and take care of the butterfly boss in the woods just for fun. I litterally killed it in about 30 seconds.

So now I'm just going back to old boss spots and trying to get myself summoned to help some people out. Seems like it doesn't work or something. I never get summoned. I tried the capra demon spot and taurus. Nothing. Is there just a low popoulation or something?

So now I'm just going back to old boss spots and trying to get myself summoned to help some people out. Seems like it doesn't work or something. I never get summoned. I tried the capra demon spot and taurus. Nothing. Is there just a low popoulation or something?

I have that trouble too, I think it's to do with your level. If you're too high it won't show up for low level players. At leasts, that's how I believe it works.

So no easy way back to the Tomb of Giants?
I want to fight Paladin Leroy & get his armor. Do I have to go all the way through the Catacombs & through most of the Tomb of Giants to get there again?

No way to teleport to Nito's chamber & somehow climb back out to the Tomb?

Dresden

So no easy way back to the Tomb of Giants?
I want to fight Paladin Leroy & get his armor. Do I have to go all the way through the Catacombs & through most of the Tomb of Giants to get there again?

No way to teleport to Nito's chamber & somehow climb back out to the Tomb?

Gotta run back.

It's like a ten minute run at most, though. Most of catacombs can be completely bypassed by hopping onto the second bridge -> jumping to Vamos.

J-Roderton

I have that trouble too, I think it's to do with your level. If you're too high it won't show up for low level players. At leasts, that's how I believe it works.

That sucks. So, I can get randomly invaded by some 100+ level guy and get my ass stomped, but I can't get myself summoned to help out a lower level player?

Couple of things.

Firstly, I just did some co-op with a guy who COULD TURN HIMSELF INTO A BUSH in the Forest. WTF!!?

Second, how do I heal myself with the Heal miracle? It looks faded out on the OSD, what do I need to cast it?

edit: Ahh, Talisman, got it :)

Can that be upgraded to heal more?

one85x

Couple of things.

Firstly, I just did some co-op with a guy who COULD TURN HIMSELF INTO A BUSH in the Forest. WTF!!?

Second, how do I heal myself with the Heal miracle? It looks faded out on the OSD, what do I need to cast it?

He used a spell called Chameleon. It changes what you morph into depending on the location. Useless in PvE, but fun for trolling invaders. You can buy it from Oolacile after defeating the Hydra and saving her from the crystal golem. I believe it requires 14int to use.

Talismans can't be upgraded, but you can buy a more powerful one from Petrus in Firelink.

lunlunqq

Couple of things.

the effectiveness of the Heal miracle, just like any other miracles, scale with your faith and the magic adjust value of your talisman.

tehfryguy

Hey guys,

I've got a question. I want to join the Darklord Covenant, however I've already
killed nito
, I went to absolve my sins but nothing happened.. Do I have to wait until a new game to join? If so I'm going to rage..

lunlunqq

Hey guys,

I've got a question. I want to join the Darklord Covenant, however I've already
killed nito
, I went to absolve my sins but nothing happened.. Do I have to wait until a new game to join? If so I'm going to rage..

you mean the graveloard covenant? unfortunately, you can only join it BEFORE you kill Nito. you will have to wait until NG+ to do it.

tehfryguy

you mean the graveloard covenant? unfortunately, you can only join it BEFORE you kill Nito. you will have to wait until NG+ to do it.

Yeah Gravelord.

AND FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

First major mistake I've made. I'm at the end of the game trying to clean up any kind of trophies I can get on my first run. UGH.

Thanks for the reply.

lunlunqq

Yeah Gravelord.

AND FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

First major mistake I've made. I'm at the end of the game trying to clean up any kind of trophies I can get on my first run. UGH.

Thanks for the reply.

well, no matter, you can get it done really quickly in NG+ anyways. at the start, just rush to the catacombs and get it done.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Do you guys know if there are any ports you can open on your router that might clear of some connection issues for this game? I have a hard time summoning people, and it's rare for me to ever get invaded in human form.

Where are all the summoners in Anor Londo? I've been summoned two times in the last hour..

Level 28.

That's low for Anor Londo.

J-Roderton

If it's the same as Demon's Souls then it's 10% of your level ±10. So at level 50, the range to be summoned is 35-65.

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Warrior+of+Sunlight
At the bottom of the page is a picture showing the approximate level ranges for each area.

Cool. I've never played Demon's Souls, so I had no idea about this level range stuff. Thanks, man. Hopefully I can figure out a way to get it to work.

So, it's safe to say that the players invading me and kicking the shit out of me are within 10% of my level range? I must suck at PVP.

I also just got the red soapstone thing. I take it I can just drop this down in an area anytime I want to fight someone? I guess the other player will see it, summon me, then we will fight?

edit: Nevermind. Found it.

Nah it's right by, you'll be fine. Just run when the dragon lands on the bridge. Run under his feet and leg it. You might get a flame blast but you'll get to the Bonfire no issue.

Woohoo, after dying twice (and losing my 6 humanity) I finnaly made it to that bonfire at the bridge.

Question: The red dragon flew off. Do I fight him later on?

Woohoo, after dying twice (and losing my 6 humanity) I finnaly made it to that bonfire at the bridge.

Question: The red dragon flew off. Do I fight him later on?
Well he comes back when you start crossing the bridge or when you make your way around as if you're coming to the area for the first time again. That's what happened to me at least complete with setting me ablaze as I made my way across the bridge.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So many moments I remember from this game.... wish I had time for NG+
Zl4rs.png

That's like 25k souls... they're so close...

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
God I hate the Capra Demon so much. I've been through the Parish so many times now, and I still have trouble on this guy because of the small room/dogs and double sword spam.

Zaptruder

Banned
God I hate the Capra Demon so much. I've been through the Parish so many times now, and I still have trouble on this guy because of the small room/dogs and double sword spam.

If you can one hit kill a dog and can withstand at least one of his attacks, then it's wise to trade off a dog for a hit at the start. Then run up the stairs and pick off the other dog before filling up your health with estus flasks. Once he's alone, he's much more manageable... even easy.

mxgt

Banned
yay got my BK greataxe finally from the BK in the kiln. Can finally drop my non scaling lightning weapon.

Man I love the moveset of this thing

Soulhouf

I thought when you choose "abandon covenant" with Oswald, you don't loose a rank with your covenant but that's not true. I was rank 2 blade of the darkmoon and when I quit and came back I was rank 1.
So what's the purpose of abandoning your covenant this way if you loose a rank anyway?

lunlunqq

I thought when you choose "abandon covenant" with Oswald, you don't loose a rank with your covenant but that's not true. I was rank 2 blade of the darkmoon and when I quit and came back I was rank 1.
So what's the purpose of abandoning your covenant this way if you loose a rank anyway?

but you are not sinned.

MrWisker

Where are all the summoners in Anor Londo? I've been summoned two times in the last hour..

Level 28.

What I have found to be the best summoning levels and locations on first playthrough (I have tried to be specific enough without providing any spoilers):

1. First summonming in the game is undead Parish: Low levels - leave summoning sign either in the church (alter area) or courtyard before path to blacksmith if you want to help clear out the area. If you want to boss only leave summoning in front of boss door.

2. Capra Demon (Undead Burg) area (good for a wide range of levels in the beginning of the game). You will get great summoned success from level 15 to 35 as most people will be around level 20 or so when taking on this boss. Leave summon sign on bridge before boss door. If you want to help with level leave summoning sign on stairs leading down to area or on the street just after the dogs. (In all of my playthroughs I have only seen a couple of summon signs in these areas. Majority have been on bridge before boss).

3. The Depths - There is really not a lot of action in the upper areas of The Depths. Best place is the bonfire you get access to via the sewer key. This is a highly recommended area to spend a lot of time being summoned duing the first part of the game as not only is it a lot of fun, you also get a shit-load of souls if you many to help the summoner bag the boss. Level 25 and up to perhaps 50 to 60 will get you a lot of action. Best around SL 35 to 45. I have spent hours here as a sunbro and bascially got enough sunlight medals to complete the convenant.

4. Blighttown - Best place is in the swamp bonfire (although there is a bit of action in the first bonfire). SL 50 and up will get you a lot of action. This was my strategy while waiting for summons here: (Defeat this boss first allow access to Sens Fortress. Find the ring that helps with item discovery. You should also have the ring that helps with movement in the swamp - HINT back to Asylum). Once you have these go back to Blightown swamp and leave summons. Use rings mentioned above to help farm worms while waiting to be summoned. There is usually a lot of action here, but I have gone through periods when it can be a bit slow. Farming of worms about for ore will help pass the time.

5. Sens Fortress (SL 50 and above) Basically the only place with good action it in front of the boss door. Great place to use for a while as each time you are summoned all of your items are replenished and you can drop another summons without having to go back to bonfire.

6. Andor Londo (SL 55 and above) There are many good summon locations in this area. If you do not mind the possibility of helping people who have not activated the bridge place summon sign on the span of bridge where first gargolye is. (This is best location for higher action though) If you do not want to help people walk the rafters place summon sign on bridge span where 2nd gargolye is. You will most likely be helping people get by the archers though (this area is not as active as the first bridge span is). If you simply want to help with the boss, place summon sign at bonfire inside the castle or in front of boss door. This entire area is great for summons for SL 50 to 80.

Once you get the Lord Vessel you get help people in later parts of the game). Any SL above 70 will get you a lot of action. Action will start to slow down though as you get to higher levels. However, I still get a fair bit of summons at SL 120. At SL 130 I was getting lots of hits in the Painted World.

Recommended locations:
Dukes Archive: 1st bonfire you "find" after you loss to Seth (not the bonfire in the jail).
demon ruins : first bonfire you find after going through the hoard of Capra Demons.
Tomb of Giants: the last bonfire before the boss fight. Or right in front of the boss door while farming for humanity with baby skeletons.

Once you get to higher levels, the best way to play PVP is to join either the Forest Covenant or the Dark Brotherhood and start enjoying the game invading other people. Or go to the Kiln and enjoy some hardcore PVP although this area can be cheap as well.

Hope this helps as bit.

Maxed out BK greataxe, maxed black iron armor set, maxed eagle shield, and dark wood grain ring for ninja flipping. Damn I feel powerful right now.

mxgt

Banned
Maxed out BK greataxe, maxed black iron armor set, maxed eagle shield, and dark wood grain ring for ninja flipping. Damn I feel powerful right now.

That's almost my exact setup, high five

+5 Black Iron set > Smough and Havels imo, only thing it really lacks compared is poise but it isn't that much less

That's almost my exact setup, high five

+5 Black Iron set > Smough and Havels imo, only thing it really lacks compared is poise but it isn't that much less

It looks a lot more badass as well. Havel's and especially Smough's look ridiculous. It lacks poise but I don't see the point if you have a shield.

I wish I could pair it with Artorias shield or Havel's and stay under 50%, but Eagle+15 will have to do. It's stats are actually pretty outstanding considering it weighs about as much as a medium shield.

Shito

It lacks poise but I don't see the point if you have a shield.
Four Kings. :)

But yeah, black armor +5 was my main armor on my first character; I'm trying not to use it on my second one, so to have a little feeling of change, but I find myself coming back to it for each "serious" boss.

If you can one hit kill a dog and can withstand at least one of his attacks, then it's wise to trade off a dog for a hit at the start. Then run up the stairs and pick off the other dog before filling up your health with estus flasks. Once he's alone, he's much more manageable... even easy.
Ugh. I'm there now and will use this strat. Hate trekking back there over and over.

Shito

OH!
By the way!
Speaking about the Capra Demon: I've heard recently that you can kill the dogs by throwing firebombs atop the fog door, before entering it!
Couldn't try it yet, but if it works, mind = blown! (and boss = trivialized!)

Defuser

OH!
By the way!
Speaking about the Capra Demon: I've heard recently that you can kill the dogs by throwing firebombs atop the fog door, before entering it!
Couldn't try it yet, but if it works, mind = blown! (and boss = trivialized!)

Shit,that like the cheesing arrows at maneater before the fight start.

J-Roderton

Day off of work means hours of DS time. Off to help some people kill S&O.

Not too sure where I want to go now. Just finished Anor Londo. I'm guessing the Catacombs?

Dresden

Day off of work means hours of DS time. Off to help some people kill S&O.

Not too sure where I want to go now. Just finished Anor Londo. I'm guessing the Catacombs?

Painted World if you haven't done it yet. And where you go after that is up to you, but . . .

- Catacombs for faith builds

- Duke's for sorcerors

- New Londo if you want to join the Darkwraiths

- Demon Ruins/Izalith for masochists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom