• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Roderton

After finishing Anor Londo and the Paniting world, could I kill the fire keeper at the start of Anor Londo without much consequence? I would get a firekeeper souls, right?

lunlunqq

After finishing Anor Londo and the Paniting world, could I kill the fire keeper at the start of Anor Londo without much consequence? I would get a firekeeper souls, right?

you might as well kill
Gwyndolin
if you don't care about the
Darkmoon Convenant.
She will become aggressive once you've done that.

Dolemitesooner

Neo Member
I just got cursed in the depths. I have nothing to heal this. I wanna cry. Is the only way to heal is by buying a book from that dude in the bell tower?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
So no easy way back to the Tomb of Giants?
I want to fight Paladin Leroy & get his armor. Do I have to go all the way through the Catacombs & through most of the Tomb of Giants to get there again?

No way to teleport to Nito's chamber & somehow climb back out to the Tomb?

Maybe I'm not following, but if you killed Nito, Leeroy won't appear. Isn't it the case that NPC invaders must be fought before the boss of the area is defeated?

mxgt

Banned
Does TWoP stun you if you get too close or is there another aoe mircale like that? force maybe?

I had 4 straight fights against a guy in PvP, beat him the first 3 times then I got hit by what looked like TWoP, couldn't move or roll away and he killed me. Just wondering what the hell I got hit by

Maybe I'm not following, but if you killed Nito, Leeroy won't appear. Isn't it the case that NPC invaders must be fought before the boss of the area is defeated?

Leeroy drops two items doesn't he? Both of which are required for the completion trophies? Does he drop one on one playthrough and the other on another (NG+ for example)?

just making my way through sen's fortress, omg those lizard enemies were absolutely solid, was such a massive jump in difficulty, then i got to the mimic and opened the chest and...BOOM ONE HIT KILL.

This fucking game! The fuck?

Anyway eventually got back to the mimic and got the lightning spear and now i am destroying all enemies. Feels good to have finally dropped the drake sword.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Leeroy drops two items doesn't he? Both of which are required for the completion trophies? Does he drop one on one playthrough and the other on another (NG+ for example)?

I am not a Leeroy expert, but IIRC I got his shield and his weapon in one drop. His armor can be found a little later in Nito's chamber.

mxgt

Banned
just making my way through sen's fortress, omg those lizard enemies were absolutely solid, was such a massive jump in difficulty, then i got to the mimic and opened the chest and...BOOM ONE HIT KILL.

This fucking game! The fuck?

Anyway eventually got back to the mimic and got the lightning spear and now i am destroying all enemies. Feels good to have finally dropped the drake sword.

And now you'll always remember to hit any chest you come across before opening it!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Does he just appear? About to enter Tomb of Giants myself...

You need to be human. Be wary of invaders just waiting to capitalize on people trying to fight Leeroy. You can always play offline for a bit, if necessary. Leeroy appears towards the end of the area, when you are on a narrow cliffside path and it's no longer too dark to see. Don't bother trying to be human until you find that area, because chances are good you'll die on the way.

Shito

And now you'll always remember to hit any chest you come across before opening it!
Or, if you're a little bit more clever, notice that the chain running on the left-side of the mimics is not quite the same as it is on regular chests! ;)

You need to be human. Be wary of invaders just waiting to capitalize on people trying to fight Leeroy. You can always play offline for a bit, if necessary. Leeroy appears towards the end of the area, when you are on a narrow cliffside path and it's no longer too dark to see. Don't bother trying to be human until you find that area, because chances are good you'll die on the way.

OK thanks, will do :)

I finally managed to find a gravelord servant in action. He was casting in the undead parish church, and his grave lord sign was by Solaires. The disasters were an additional large iron steel knight (mace) and one balder knight. I killed him several times, but it was fun.

Lots of invastions, even at SL173.

Hmm Leeroy hasn't appeared to me, I am Human and at the right spot. Do I need to have fulfilled other criteria for him to appear?

Anyway, Tomb of the Giants
- Dark as FUCK
- Enemies hate my Pyro globe mu ha ha ha
- I found the two NPCs guarding the girly slightly before I was supposed to. The guy at the top pushed me off afterwards ha ha. I forgave him though when I talked to him again, I am assuming I can summon him like Solaire or at least buy shit off of him.
- Found a ring which increases soul collection
- Fuck its dark, even with the skull lantern!

How's the boss fight here?

one85x

He spawns once you're inside the nearby tunnel. If you equip homeward bones in the quick slot, you'll be able to see when he starts invading.

ughhhh im at that point in the game, got to anor londo, even with my lightning spear+2 the enemies have gotten difficult again :O

i'm at the bit where those stupid bat demons bum rush you, and then theres 2 archers at the top who just destroy me. can not see a way of progressing tbh :(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
^probably the most annoying part of the game. Just run past all the enemies and run towards the right hand side archer. Hug the wall and do your best to not fall off.

J-Roderton

ughhhh im at that point in the game, got to anor londo, even with my lightning spear+2 the enemies have gotten difficult again :O

i'm at the bit where those stupid bat demons bum rush you, and then theres 2 archers at the top who just destroy me. can not see a way of progressing tbh :(

When you do get to the top of the area on the right there will be one of the archers. Make sure you roll under his arrows once you're on his level. That's how I did it. Then just go kick him off the edge or kick his ass.

What are these white circles laying around? I can't seem to interact with them. There are a ton in the forest. They disappear after a while, too.

lunlunqq

Hmm Leeroy hasn't appeared to me, I am Human and at the right spot. Do I need to have fulfilled other criteria for him to appear?

Anyway, Tomb of the Giants
- Dark as FUCK
- Enemies hate my Pyro globe mu ha ha ha
- I found the two NPCs guarding the girly slightly before I was supposed to. The guy at the top pushed me off afterwards ha ha. I forgave him though when I talked to him again, I am assuming I can summon him like Solaire or at least buy shit off of him.
- Found a ring which increases soul collection
- Fuck its dark, even with the skull lantern!

How's the boss fight here?

a divine weapon will make the boss fight easier. don't proceed too deep into the boss area. try to fight him near the spot you drop in.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

alr1ghtstart's advice about just running past all the enemies is good. It works, it's minimally risky, and if you'd died on those archers half a dozen times, you'll be sick of fighting your way back there again and again. This was one of the only things in the game that actually made me mad, and it was mainly because of how long it took to fight through the enemies just to get to the archers and die while trying to fight one on the ledge.

But if you want to fight the bat demons, lure one at a time to a staircase. Stand lower on the staircase and it will miss you when it attacks. Proceed to clobber it at your leisure. Unfortunately there isn't a similar trick for the sentinels, which take a long time to fight and are pretty hard to lure one at a time.

There are a few youtubes about passing that part (just search "anor londo archers", and they show different strategies for dealing with the archer on the right, which is the only one you really need to deal with.

I found Nito pretty easy. There was a couple times I panicked but I was good for the most part. I did the stupid thing and ran to the other side of the area and aggro'd the Giant Skeletons. Even then I just lured them in front of Nito and blocked his attacks so they get killed instead. He's weak against fire too, so Quelaag's Furysword maxed out and pyromancy should tear through him.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I died at the Anor Londo archers like 15 times before I got pissed and was just like "fuck it" and just ran up to them full-ass. Then I was like "oh."

Jhoan

You can also toss a Lloyd's Talisman at the Mimic or use Poison Mist on it (got that from one of the Wikis) to safely open it.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Just spent like an hour trying to kill the Anor Londo boss and was on the last of my humanity so I decided to summon a player phantom as well as Solitaire. So I summon Solitaire first and as I'm summoning the other dude someone invades and kills us all. So now I have to go all the way back to the depths so I can farm more humanity so I can have a shot at killing the boss and actually progressing, since I'm always upvoting people's random humanity requests but nobody ever upvotes mine.

Fuck.

Dresden

Just spent like an hour trying to kill the Anor Londo boss and was on the last of my humanity so I decided to summon a player phantom as well as Solitaire. So I summon Solitaire first and as I'm summoning the other dude someone invades and kills us all. So now I have to go all the way back to the depths so I can farm more humanity so I can have a shot at killing the boss and actually progressing, since I'm always upvoting people's random humanity requests but nobody ever upvotes mine.

Fuck.

Just put down your summon stone and help others kill that boss to get more humanities. It's also good practice.

I loved Anor Lando, it gets tougher after the archers too but the Bonfire location is good. I spent ages in the next bit levelling up, it's great fun there.

Rezbit

Okay um...I think I need help here. I rented this game because I heard it was a bit of an acquired taste, and I think I hate it. I can't even beat that Taurus in that Undead Burg or whatever it's called. Usually I die on the way back to him. The controls seem really slow and sluggish. Obviously I'm doing it wrong so...halp? Or is this game just beyond me?

Okay um...I think I need help here. I rented this game because I heard it was a bit of an acquired taste, and I think I hate it. I can't even beat that Taurus in that Undead Burg or whatever it's called. Usually I die on the way back to him. The controls seem really slow and sluggish. Obviously I'm doing it wrong so...halp? Or is this game just beyond me?

Four basic tips:

1. Limit your encounters to one-on-one as much as possible.

2. Use the lock-on mechanic religiously if you're not already.

3. Keep an eye on your stamina: most weapons won't allow more than 2-5 swings at a time (this might explain your "sluggish" complaint); this is NOT a button masher in any way, it's timing-based, through and through.

4. Keep your shield up! (Though note this also uses stamina when blocking!)

More anecdotally I'd argue that the first 10-15 hours with these games are obviously the worst for everyone, and always present severe difficulty (it's where they get their reputation). However, as almost everyone will tell you, once you get over that hump, start to level up, get better shit, learn the levels & world, etc, etc, it amazingly starts getting rather easy accessible and all fucktons of amazing. Hang in there.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Finally beat the Anor Londo boss. Dem titties.

So anyway, should I spend the titanite chunks continuing to upgrade my steel armor, or spend it on something else? First time through the game so I'm not sure if I'm gonna run into something a lot better to concentrate on soon or whatever.

Dresden

So anyway, should I spend the titanite chunks continuing to upgrade my steel armor, or spend it on something else? First time through the game so I'm not sure if I'm gonna run into something a lot better to concentrate on soon or whatever.

You can farm titanite chunks in
New Londo
once you
drain it
. Go ahead and upgrade it if you like the armor, the only truly rare items are the slabs.

roxya

It's better to upgrade weapons than armour, but if you're in a good situation with weapons then go for it!

Less. Farming for materials is made significantly easier through homeward bound bones, estus flasks, increase drop rate gear and humanity which also increases drop rates.

Might pick it up then. I got the plat for Demon's and while it was (mostly) enjoyable, it was very exhausting (bad luck with Crystal Lizards, pure bladestone). Wasn't sure if I should commit to something like that again lol.

mxgt

Banned
Why are pinwheel masks so popular at the Kiln?

I have all 3 and don't really like any of them look or effects wise, don't like losing all the stats of a decent helm

Shito

Did you summon him for the Pinwheel fight? I think you have to if you want him to appear.
His chest armor is my new love, goes perfectly on my FAI/DEX pyro girl and her crimson waistcloth.

Did you summon him for the Pinwheel fight? I think you have to if you want him to appear.
His chest armor is my new love, goes perfectly on my FAI/DEX pyro girl and her crimson waistcloth.

No, I didn't do that. If that's the case I'll leave it until NG+.

Cheers for the info :)

roxya

Why are pinwheel masks so popular at the Kiln?

I have all 3 and don't really like any of them look or effects wise, don't like losing all the stats of a decent helm

They all have really good effects. Not defense stats, but increasing equip weight or stamina regen or hitpoints ... can't really argue with any of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom