• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Reaper ability is only really good when you have high Arcane and some sort of Reaper generator stat. You get a unique talisman that grants Reaper energy as well.

That Possessed scythe is what I want as well stat wise. I am also interested in how useful Piercing damage is.

Ah I see, yea both my arcane and strength are pretty low (below 80 i believe) been really focusing on crit dmg and crit chance for the most part. I think piercing damage would be great against enemies that have shields or guard? I haven't tested it myself its suppose to negate defense

Reaper is good with with pure necro build. I crit for over 7k a swing in that form :lol

haha nice, I should try the necro tree sometime, right now i have every ability on teleport slash maxed out and am halfway through harbinger (not really used too much). I hear zombies are fun, maybe I should try them out next.

Also, save your boatman coins for the 50k +20coin chests, instant possessed weapons at your level, I got lucky and got my possessed scythe out of there (they come out without stats)

Dahbomb

You can just reroll the chest until you get what you need. Exit out of the game before confirming purchase but you still see the stats. I tried it on the PC version, windowed mode...Simply close the application when you make the purchase.

FtHTiny

Anybody got any weapons that break the game yet?

I got some really nice Level 21 possessed scythes that came with 15% Wrath Regen on every hit. After making them max level, they now do Frost damage (my favorite elemental) and restore MY FULL WRATH every couple of hits.

I now do forward evade + primary attack (Scythe Spin) -> Harvest Skill (maxed out) -> Repeat

Also combined with my secondary claws that do amazing life regen. (Yes, the same ones you get out of killing the World 2 enemy that Thane tells you to kill), I basically don't run out of wrath or health.

Crucible has become a breeze. And I'm playing on Apoc

yep, exactly the same here. Get Health and wrath regen and the game is broken. It´s just over. Spam harvest and teleport slash and win.

Dahbomb

If I have life on hit on both my weapons do they stack globally or just apply on that weapon on use only? Like if I have 8% on my scythe and 7% on my hammer... Does my scythe hit for 15% life steal or 8%?

If I have life on hit on both my weapons do they stack globally or just apply on that weapon on use only? Like if I have 8% on my scythe and 7% on my hammer... Does my scythe hit for 15% life steal or 8%?

Pretty sure they don't, your scythe should steal for 8%

ecierif

Does the game auto-save right away once you purchase those legendary boxes from Vulgrim or can you exit out and try until you get what you want?

I'm pretty sure it auto-saves. I don't recall the save icon appearing, but I bought something and quit the game and when I reloaded I still had the items.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

weapon only, same goes for crit damage and chance another reason necro build is stupid. as the arcane and arcane boost on weapons works for everything for them :3

how are you supposed to beat the second hidden boss. That platform is so dam small. Also is there a guide for the Death pages I'm missing two in the first area.

Dahbomb

I have one more question. Which stat boosts damage of moves like Teleport Slash... Arcane or Strength? Also does Arcane impact the damage dealt by Deaths regular moves like the evasive counter and the last hit of some of his combo strings where he summons his reaper form briefly?

I have one more question. Which stat boosts damage of moves like Teleport Slash... Arcane or Strength? Also does Arcane impact the damage dealt by Deaths regular moves like the evasive counter and the last hit of some of his combo strings where he summons his reaper form briefly?

I know arcane helps with reaper form and any attack in a combo where he turns into reaper briefly.

Not sure about arcane helping with Teleport Slash tho.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Third world now. Level 18 now and I'm still rocking possessed scythes from level 13. Throw me some freaking bones here.
Haven't been paying attention to the story because most of the time it's just an excuse to put me through more dungeons.
"Hey I need a thing from you."
"Where is it?"
"Well it broke into four pieces...and each piece is in a different dungeon."
"ehghghghghgghghg"

So far I'd say this game is a bit of a disappointment.

Yup.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

You can test it by equiping something and looking at the skill. the numbers go up on it if a stat boost it. I'm sure the harbinger tree is all str based though. I'll check right now

Haha.

I've been relying on Qis for good info when tragic isn't around.
It's funny cause I'm barely on world 3 with 20 hours :p I been testing shit out way too much.

My steam playtime is 53 hours :lol fucking neogaf making me alt tab to browse it x.x/

I am a bit disappointed in the last "half" of this game.

The first two worlds of this game are huge areas with like 6 dungeons each (small to big ones), loads to explore. The last two areas are nothing, a giant empty path leading to a dungeon or two. What happened? The last dungeon I did was fantastic as it uses portals in great ways. NOW is when I want a bunch of optional dungeons but they seem to be done with that. If you are going to promise four worlds and the first two are monsterous you expect the last two to be the same if not better, not this.

Great game but the pacing is off.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Don't lie, Q. I KNOW THE TRUTH, YOU'VE BEEN DISSECTING THE GAME FOR ALL THOSE HOURS!
:lol nooooooo!

Anyways yeah every skill on the harbinger skill tree that is damage scales with str.

I'm going out on a limb to assume the crit chance and damage boost of skills in that tree is based off your scythe's stats as well.

Sentenza

I know what your feeling, but as long as this is a single player game, i wont let any chest closed. this kind of min/maxing ruins my gameplay experience. i just chill and play this game like any other 3rd person action adventure. (furthermore its not that hard anyway).
Yeah, that's what I'm planning to do as well. I was just pointing that it's such a waste that they spent so much effort in a feature ("tons of loot, loot everywhere, hundred of different items!!!") that simply doesn't add anything to the experience and in some sense can even detract from it.

Duffyside

Banned
I had to get a haircut! I'm back now!

What questions!? Gimme!

Can you please explain the upgrading of possessed weapons system? There's a limit to how many things you can feed it, or just how many levels it can get? And when/how do you get to choose the additional stats to upgrade? Is it whatever item you feed it when it crosses the level, so I should be careful about when I'm feeding it something if there's a stat I want it to take? Also, should I ever feed a possessed to a possessed?

Thanks in advance!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah, that's what I'm planning to do as well. I was just pointing that it's such a waste that they spent so much effort in a feature ("tons of loot, loot everywhere, hundred of different items!!!") that simply doesn't add anything to the experience and in some sense can even detract from it.

It's only really bad if you want to min/max to the highest potential. It's far far from needed to beat the game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Can you please explain the upgrading of possessed weapons system? There's a limit to how many things you can feed it, or just how many levels it can get? And when/how do you get to choose the additional stats to upgrade? Is it whatever item you feed it when it crosses the level, so I should be careful about when I'm feeding it something if there's a stat I want it to take? Also, should I ever feed a possessed to a possessed?

Thanks in advance!

I explained this already. Like 3 times :lol

You can only level it up as many times as there are skulls

You can only have 4 bonus stats on it, SOME STAT TYPES DO NOT STACK

You can feed it what ever the item that really maters is the last item

Feeding a possessed to a possessed doesn't really matter its just like giving it another item.

Fuck I double posted :(

Sentenza

It's only really bad if you want to min/max to the highest potential. It's far far from needed to beat the game.
My problem isn't if it's needed or not. My problem is that it trivialized the joy of upgrading.

I explained it in another post, so let me quote what I mean:

EDIT: To be more clear: it's cool when you finally change your Kokiri sword with a proper one, and even better when you find the Master Sword. It gives you a sense of accomplishment, it's rewarding and you can see the clear improvement.
On the other hand it's lame when you drop seventy swords and you are constantly looking for the one with a couple of stats you like more. It's boring on the long run, it creates situations where you accomplish some big deal but the reward is useless to you and it greatly dilutes the joy of upgrading.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My problem isn't if it's needed or not. My problem is that it trivialized the joy of upgrading.

I explained it in another post, so let me quote what I mean:

I know how you feel about the subject >.</ We talked about this before. There is still that feeling in a way though. I honestly just pick up most things with out worrying about the stats on them and only view the possessed items as new upgrades. It's far from the same thing of course. So I know what you mean.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Okay,
Earth
was... okay. It's obvious the whole place and enemies was balanced to be done with the guns, but it IS possible (thought a lot harder) to do it without the guns.

And why do I have the feeling
Archon
is going to be a boss? I don't trust him at all now that he has the
Rod

Dahbomb

I have items on auto collect, I just let the loot gather up until I feel its time for an upgrade. Then I look over my almost filled up inventory, sell what I don't need, wear anything that is an upgrade and keep anything with a useful stat. Only time I actively look at a new item as soon as I get it if its possessed or a unique.

Duffyside

Banned
I explained this already. Like 3 times :lol

You can only level it up as many times as there are skulls

You can only have 5 bonus stats on it, SOME STAT TYPES DO NOT STACK

You can feed it what ever the item that really maters is the last item

Feeding a possessed to a possessed doesn't really matter its just like giving it another item.

Fuck I double posted :(

Sorry, I haven't read every page, thread is moving really fast. Thanks.

Still a tad confused about how many times you can feed, cuz I've fed mine twice but there are still four skulls left, so I'm guessing that means the amount of levels it can go.

Third dungeon way more difficult than the others in terms of combat, which is kinda cool.

Dahbomb

Also the order of the stat that you feed matters too because the stats upgrade each level even if you didn't put in an item of that stat in. The fifth stat will have the least upgrades.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Also the order of the stat that you feed matters too because the stats upgrade each level even if you didn't put in an item of that stat in. The fifth stat will have the least upgrades.

Woops yeah forgot to mention that :lol

Also typo you can only have 4 effects not 5 sorry.

I really want to play this game, but I see way too many problems with the game's numerous glitches, some of them being gamebreaking. That's awful. Have the developers said anything in response to these issues?

Top Bottom