• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
2D22I.jpg

<3 Can't wait to hit 22 and make it's big brother If I could I'd have arcane instead of health on execute on it though as well as arcane crit chance

KorrZ

Wow..
Earth
is a shit stain on an otherwise fantastic game. I actually went online and used a guide for the collectibles in this area because I don't ever want to have to return. Awful, I'm going to be dreading this in NG+.

Tokubetsu

This optional boss is pissing me off. He's not even that hard its just you have no room to work with and it's constantly attacking. Blargh.
It's the fucking lava bat thing. Help.

Pimpbaa

Can you go back to previous worlds after you completed the main quests for them? I don't think my level is high enough to take on the hidden bosses.

KorrZ

It isn't that bad for me. Way too easy with the guns, though.

It just feels completely out of place to me. It's all combat, no puzzles, no real traversal. It's nothing like the rest of the game. That's the experience I come to Darksiders for, not for
a shitty corridor shooting segment.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
This optional boss is pissing me off. He's not even that hard its just you have no room to work with and it's constantly attacking. Blargh.
It's the fucking lava bat thing. Help.

Ok easy peasy shit YOU READY FOR FREE WINS?

Step 1 let him land, THEN HE'S GONNA BE LIKE LOL IMMA BREATH FIRE AND FUCKING CHARGE YOU. So you chill on the edges. Wait for the tail swipe then go up.

step 2. Get in his face AND BE LIKE LOL IMMA MASH MAH BUTTONS ALL UP IN YOUR GRILL SON.

step 3. HOLY SHIT HE IS SWINGING HIS ARMS press dodge

STEP 4. Repeat step 2

step 5. HOLY SHIT HE'S GOING TO BREATH FIRE AGAIN TIME TO FUCKING LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE AND HANG HERE LOL.

the end

BY2K

Membero Americo
Btw, the mace you get from
Argul
is fucking insane. 400+ Ice Damage. It's crazy.

EDIT: The fire breath has a limited range, you know. You can just back up and it won't even comes close to touch you.

RPGCrazied

Been playing a few hours. Did the first story dungeon. I'm loving it, but maybe its my screen. I am starting to notice the tearing. Blah. I did switch to 1080i, and it seems to help a tad. I'd kill for a vsync patch. :)

It doesn't do it in dungeons, or in not much going on areas, but baneswood was pretty bad.

KevinCow

Banned
The problem with this kind of leveling system is that if you wait until the end of the game to go back and do sidequests, they wind up way easier than they should be.

Like here's this optional boss. Clearly I'm supposed to use this strategy to avoid his attacks. But now those attacks barely damage me and my attacks absolutely wreck him, so instead of using any sort of strategy, I'm just gonna get in his face and mash buttons.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The problem with this kind of leveling system is that if you wait until the end of the game to go back and do sidequests, they wind up way easier than they should be.

Like here's this optional boss. Clearly I'm supposed to use this strategy to avoid his attacks. But now those attacks barely damage me and my attacks absolutely wreck him, so instead of using any sort of strategy, I'm just gonna get in his face and mash buttons.

That's why you should go as much sidequest as you can before going to the next world.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That's what those stones do!? Do the stats boost stacks in a NG+?

Yup carries over. It's perma

M+M+M = Arcane +5
M+M+P = Arcane Critical Chance +2%
M+M+R = Arcane Critical Damage +10%

P+P+P = Strength +5
P+P+M = Critical Chance +2%
P+P+R = Critical Damage +10%

R+R+R = Resistance +20
R+R+M = Wrath +20
R+R+P = Defense +20

M+R+P = Health +30

KevinCow

Banned
Talking to npc's is important :lol

You missed a GAME LONG sidequest. There is an npc just past the gate you open that leads to the water dungeon. That gives you a quest to collect stone bites. These you feed to him in various combos for stat boost.

Has anyone figured out what all the combinations are? I feel like I've wasted a bunch on stats I don't use very much.

Nevermind, then.

DryvBy

Seriously? Darksiders II definitely not as great as its predecessor? You and I must be playing a very different game.

Why is it that if something is not as good, for some reason, we take that as being "it's a bad game"? I never mentioned it was a bad game. Throughout this thread, I've said I'm enjoying the game. There's been a good number of people that feel the same as me too. Darksiders II is not exactly like it's original self. The original had a much more interesting atmosphere for the most part and the dungeons were way better designed in my opinion. While Darksiders I had dungeons like Zelda, Darksiders II felt more like something in Prince of Persia. It's not a bad thing, just an unexpected thing.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Has anyone figured out what all the combinations are? I feel like I've wasted a bunch on stats I don't use very much.

Look above :lol I posted it like 4 times now x.x/

Why is it that if something is not as good, for some reason, we take that as being "it's a bad game"? I never mentioned it was a bad game. Throughout this thread, I've said I'm enjoying the game. There's been a good number of people that feel the same as me too. Darksiders II is not exactly like it's original self. The original had a much more interesting atmosphere for the most part and the dungeons were way better designed in my opinion. While Darksiders I had dungeons like Zelda, Darksiders II felt more like something in Prince of Persia. It's not a bad thing, just an unexpected thing.

The game needed to stop doing things in sets of 3. Make it once, make the dungeon 3 times longer. Doing the same thing 3 times with the same reward puts you in a mental state of repetitiveness. Doing a long series of events for a single goal does not.

You missed a GAME LONG sidequest. There is an npc just past the gate you open that leads to the water dungeon. That gives you a quest to collect stone bites. These you feed to him in various combos for stat boost.

I swear I talked to every character so far, obviously not lol

Thanks, will look for him.

Btw, the mace you get from
Argul
is fucking insane. 400+ Ice Damage. It's crazy.

EDIT: The fire breath has a limited range, you know. You can just back up and it won't even comes close to touch you.

That's not even the best part of the weapon, its the chance to freeze enemies in place that is the life saver. Its such a good feeling when you freeze bosses as the spawn and you get a good 3-4 seconds to wail on them :)

Here's my baby :)

I went back and did the optional bosses I missed the first time around after the second world. You can literally just stand to the side of Bhetheir and mash the Y button with those Spider-Claws you get and you'll kill him in under a minute without breaking a sweat.

A lot of the sidequests have a sell-by date for them to actually be of any challenge. You either do them around the time they come up or laugh at how pathetic and trite they seem after you leveled up. Or you do a lot of elaborate running around for a chest that may not even having anything good in it. It's like doing a Zelda puzzle and you see a chest and omg what's inside after all that running around omggggg...oh, more ruppees. yaaaaaay

BY2K

Membero Americo
Crit Chance +100%
Crit Damage +100%

DESTROY EVERYTHING!

Primary Crit Chance +56%
Primary Crit Damage +237%
1470 damage per second.

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIT!

And the Seconday is just as good! :O

DryvBy

Look above :lol I posted it like 4 times now x.x/

The game needed to stop doing things in sets of 3. Make it once, make the dungeon 3 times longer. Doing the same thing 3 times with the same reward puts you in a mental state of repetitiveness. Doing a long series of events for a single goal does not.

Yes. That probably is a big issue I was having. "Find 3 x", "Unlock 3 x", "Kill 3 bosses". That probably drove me up a wall more than anything else in the game.

I do love the combat. I'm going through New Game + this week before classes on Wednesday night. Ugh, back to school...

Wow..
Earth
is a shit stain on an otherwise fantastic game. I actually went online and used a guide for the collectibles in this area because I don't ever want to have to return. Awful, I'm going to be dreading this in NG+.

Yep....that section......what were they thinking. I seriously would of rather had a cutscene that had Death showing up, getting what he needed, and then be out.

Side note. I got up to wave 65 on the crucible. I have Death around lvl 26. Going to wait till I max out his lvl till i try for wave 100. Also got some pretty awesome loot at wave 50 that fans of the games will appreciate.

Crit Chance +100%
Crit Damage +100%

DESTROY EVERYTHING!

Primary Crit Chance +56%
1470 damage per second.

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIT!

haha the secondary is the hammer from Argus, seriously, every piece of gear i have on has crit damage or crit chance. I haven't collected alot of those shards yet but each turn in goes to 2% more crit hehe. 2 more levels til cap on the first playthrough. I'm hoping this stuff lasts me til ng+

after making that weapon im broke tho lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Crit Chance +100%
Crit Damage +100%

DESTROY EVERYTHING!

Primary Crit Chance +56%
1470 damage per second.

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIT!

:lol I want end game gear already :( FUCK YOU GAF STOP MAKING ME WANT TO POST AND HELP PEOPLE AND TALK ABOUT THE GAME.... *leaves to play*

Duffyside

Banned

Man, I've been taking my sweet time exploring and I never found this guy either.

Edit: Anyone know his/her name so I can look up how to find him?

XAL

My friend just told me on the heart of the mountain quest, the construct outside of the dungeon for the third maker spirit stone thing never spawned.

So he has to restart his whole fucking game because the game autosaves over a single save.

In this day and age, how did they not make it so that there's multiple save slots?

I'm paranoid now. I think if I had to start over from scratch now I would put off playing this game for MONTHS.

I almost feel sick for him, that's like ~8 hours down the drain.

Dahbomb

Yeah but the weapon/item you get then won't be as good compared to if you had beaten him underleveled that weapon would've been amazing for you.

Does Dusk do anything but fly around? I thought he was suppose to find items, but I can't seem to figure it out.
Don't think he does, he just points you to the way you are supposed to go.

Ok so after beating the game, I still have no clue on how to collect these blue things.

http://i.minus.com/ibcDCDXOZegoyL.jpg

Any help?
ROFL... wow... You talk to a construct looking NPC and he is able to combine various stones for you but first you get some fancy gem that allows you to shoot those stones to collect them. You can then combined them for permanent stat boosts.
8339_original_YesJackNicholson.gif

This is basically what I am aiming for near end game only instead of Wrath on Crit I want Strength in that slot. My Wrath generator will be on the secondary instead of the life steal. Strength on both.

It's odd, one minute I was level 4 working my way to 5, and then next thing I realize I'm level 6. The only thing I did between then was
beat Thane
. Was that worth two levels?

Does Dusk do anything but fly around? I thought he was suppose to find items, but I can't seem to figure it out.

You can hold in L3 and he will supposedly guide you to your next objective.

Dahbomb

I had to reload the game today. I came to a room in the Dead Plains where the enemies were supposed to spawn but they never did so I had to reload. I got real scared for a minute.

JambiBum

Man, I've been taking my sweet time exploring and I never found this guy either.

Edit: Anyone know his/her name so I can look up how to find him?

Blackroot. He is on the left side of the map near the crucible area. He's right in the area that you spawn in when you fast travel there. I can't think of the name of the area though.

Top Bottom