• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Normal has been pretty challenging for me. Though, I'm terrible at twitchy games.

If you have any experience with action games, and are decent at them, then yeah, Apoc is probably the mode to start with.

forrest

formerly nacire
I'm wondering if the dlc that speeds up Despair and the one that turn's Dust's glow to purple will ever be available besides the pre-order.

Where is the tomb in the forge lands? Just turned in
the first book of the dead chapter and got a key for it.

Totally missed the shattered forge. Came back to the first area and noticed that area on the map. Felt cool to find that and realize I totally missed it.

Just north of
The Nook

In that little area. Can't miss it.

forrest

formerly nacire
for new page. Just so I can know if I should go for all the side quests now or wait.

There is a point in which you are told there is no turning back essentially. I believe after that the only choice you have is new game plus. I'm wrapping up all of the side quests before I finish. Taking awhile to do. Those damn stone bites!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah fuck stone bites.

M+M+M = Arcane +5
M+M+P = Arcane Critical Chance +2%
M+M+R = Arcane Critical Damage +10%

P+P+P = Strength +5
P+P+M = Critical Chance +2%
P+P+R = Critical Damage +10%

R+R+R = Resistance +20
R+R+M = Wrath +20
R+R+P = Defense +20

M+R+P = Health +30

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
How the fuck do you get the key for the door in the Deposed King's lair?

Man the ending of this game sucks. It's not like they're even trying. Not to mention the poor combat design that is near impossible to cancel when you're in the middle of a combo. This does not bode well for tight spaces with tough enemies to battle.

Such a pity, you'd think with War's badass statement that ended DS, you'd think we'd get more from DSII. Probably they felt the game would never get a sequel (due to their 4-5 million expectation) hence they pretty much wasted the build up DS tried so hard to make.

How the fuck do you get the key for the door in the Deposed King's lair?

I believe you have to get to the bottom of the floor first. But unless you're around lvl.20 don't bother. He'll destroy you instantly.

Fuck's sake.
I went through 20 waves of the Crucible, got bored because I wasn't getting EXP from the kills so I decided to leave.

Open the reward the chest and get ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

SO STUPID!

Third world now. Level 18 now and I'm still rocking possessed scythes from level 13. Throw me some freaking bones here.
Haven't been paying attention to the story because most of the time it's just an excuse to put me through more dungeons.
"Hey I need a thing from you."
"Where is it?"
"Well it broke into four pieces...and each piece is in a different dungeon."
"ehghghghghgghghg"

So far I'd say this game is a bit of a disappointment.

Fuck's sake.
I went through 20 levels of the Crucible, got bored because I wasn't getting EXP from the kills so I decided to leave.

SO STUPID!

Third world now.

Yeah, Tragic said that levels 20 and 95 are bugged.

I can't even imagine getting to 95, cashing out, and getting nothing. Haha.

FtHTiny

Fuck's sake.
I went through 20 waves of the Crucible, got bored because I wasn't getting EXP from the kills so I decided to leave.

SO STUPID!

Third world now.

yes, wave 20 and 95 have bugged chests which are empty.

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem, why can't name my possessed weapons and why can I only sacrifice items on the first three rows of the sacrificable items (PC version).

Derrick01

Banned
Fuck's sake.

SO STUPID!

Third world now. Level 18 now and I'm still rocking possessed scythes from level 13. Throw me some freaking bones here.
Haven't been paying attention to the story because most of the time it's just an excuse to put me through more dungeons.
"Hey I need a thing from you."
"Where is it?"
"Well it broke into four pieces...and each piece is in a different dungeon."
"ehghghghghgghghg"

I'm sharing much of the same disappointment though I haven't done the crucible yet. I don't even know where to find it.

I found a possessed hammer from some side boss I guess and I leveled up 4 times already. I beat a main boss about 30 minutes later and got a hammer that was already better than the hammer I fed about 25 pieces of gear to...

I'm sharing much of the same disappointment though I haven't done the crucible yet. I don't even know where to find it.

After you clear a world you're supposed to go to the dragon statue (which is usually found next to the merchant and is marked on the map). You'll get a card for entering the crucible. You have to jump to the world map to find it.

From my experience it seems like a waste of time though. Possessed weapons are just too good. My current one restores health on crits and replenishes wrath with every strike.
Every fight is trigger Unstoppable then mash teleport slash for a few seconds. If I have full health I hit Y button a few times for massive crit damage.

Also apparently falling in a pit counts as a death. I have something like 60+ deaths just due to that. WTF.

Sydle

An hour in and I'm in love with it. Really digging the world they crafted here.

My only gripe is it does't seem very smooth, it's quite distracting, but I can deal.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Opened a chest, picked up some loot, went to inventory to check it...

Game crashes. (PS3)

Fuck.

k. Really dumb question: what does Arcane do? I must have missed that tooltip, and there's no mention in the "manual". I assume it determines the power of his abilities? i.e. Crows.

Duffyside

Banned
Uh, I'm not sure how feeding weapons to possessed works. I fed a possessed weapon to another possessed weapon because I wanted the 9 health on crit to transfer, but then it didn't, and now I lost the weapon.

I fucked up, huh?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Not to mention the poor combat design that is near impossible to cancel when you're in the middle of a combo. This does not bode well for tight spaces with tough enemies to battle.

What? It's easy as hell to cancel moves in this game you just cant dodge out of finishers

BY2K

Membero Americo
Got me first freeze when I was about to read the Mysterious Book at the Soul Arbiter's Maze.

AND YES! Got BOTH Possessed Double Scythe and Possessed Gauntlet! (Renamed Wicked K and Fist of Fury respectively. Health and Wrath on Crit, +25% Crit Damage, +33 Strenght, fucking awesome.

I also got a talisman that gives me Health Regen +127!

KorrZ

Got me first freeze when I was about to read the Mysterious Book at the Soul Arbiter's Maze.

AND YES! Got BOTH Possessed Double Scythe and Possessed Gauntlet! (Renamed Wicked K and Fist of Fury respectively. Health and Wrath on Crit, +25% Crit Damage, +33 Strenght, fucking awesome.

I also got a talisman that gives me Health Regen +127!

Get ready to devote some time if you're heading into the Arbiter's Maze. It feels like a mini crucible!

Haven't seen people enjoy such a broken game so much since Skyrim.

I really need to start playing the first game because I've heard nothing but good things about this series.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Second game freeze in 20 minutes. I think I should give my PS3 a rest for a little bit even though I've only been playing a couple hours. :|

Dahbomb

Right now my crit chance for the claws is 40%. I'm about to go after the health stealing scythe in the
Dead Lands maze
, so I was thinking health on crit for my secondary weapon might be redundant.

I'm trying to decide whether to save the claws I just made:

dmg 166-186
critical chance +24%
critical dmg +25%
strength 26
wrath on crit 8
Late to respond to this because I just woke up. Your crit chance is really high, basically you are doing crits every other hit and with a fast weapon those crits are frequent. You should go with health on crit for sure. You also sorely need higher crit damage and that will benefit you greatly. You can try to get higher dps on your main if damage is a problem.

Derrick01

Banned
After you clear a world you're supposed to go to the dragon statue (which is usually found next to the merchant and is marked on the map). You'll get a card for entering the crucible. You have to jump to the world map to find it.

From my experience it seems like a waste of time though. Possessed weapons are just too good. My current one restores health on crits and replenishes wrath with every strike.
Every fight is trigger Unstoppable then mash teleport slash for a few seconds. If I have full health I hit Y button a few times for massive crit damage.

Also apparently falling in a pit counts as a death. I have something like 60+ deaths just due to that. WTF.

That would explain why I haven't seen it yet I'm still on the 1st world. My first possessed weapon kind of sucked, well it was good but as I said I found something better from a dungeon boss less than an hour later.

I just found out about the environment deaths too. I noticed I had 17 deaths and I knew I hadn't died that much but they do count pits. I've only died 4 times in combat so far and they were all to that level 10 side boss that I was fighting at 4.

Dahbomb

Uh, I'm not sure how feeding weapons to possessed works. I fed a possessed weapon to another possessed weapon because I wanted the 9 health on crit to transfer, but then it didn't, and now I lost the weapon.

I fucked up, huh?
I would like to know the answer to this as well. I got 3 possessed weapons, each of them has a killer stat on it that I want to combine into an end game weapon. I wonder how this works exactly when you combine possessed weapons.

Duffyside

Banned
I shouldn't feed possessed weapons to possessed weapons, I take it? And how does the carrying-over of stats work? Only when you feed it and it gains a level because of it?

DryvBy

Finally finished it on hard. Definitely not as great as the original but it has it's moments. There needed to be more variety in the dungeons. The dungeons are the weakest part of the game outside of the easy bosses.

But I do love this trophy icon:
3CF.jpg

I don't think you can feed possessed weapons into possessed weapons to carry over stats.

Third world spoilers.
I'm in Earth now. This place is absolutely terrible. What were they thinking?

Derrick01

Banned
Is anyone else's overworld map button broken on PC using the 360 pad? When I clear a dungeon I have to run out because the button doesn't work :(

Maffis

Finally finished it on hard. Definitely not as great as the original but it has it's moments. There needed to be more variety in the dungeons. The dungeons are the weakest part of the game outside of the easy bosses.

But I do love this trophy icon:
3CF.jpg

really? lots of people seem to think the opposite.

Is anyone else's overworld map button broken on PC using the 360 pad? When I clear a dungeon I have to run out because the button doesn't work :(

click the left stick

I'm loving this game, and enjoying how well paced the dungeons are, the combat, the soundtrack how easy it is to track missions.

Things get a little to hectic during combat with the camera and all, and it is a little frustrating because I think sometimes enemies get a little extra boost to hit you when you dodge backwards from their strikes (which could be my imagination) but regardless I still can't put it down.

Top Bottom