• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Is it just me, or are the final skills not that awesome? I tried both and now I'm wondering if my two points would be better spent on Call of the Grave, since there's an obvious benefit to extending Unstoppable's time limit. Or maybe I could get lvl 1 Harvest and Reaping.

Has anyone found either of the final skills useful?

Not really, but the only skill I really bothered with was Murder.

KevinCow

Banned
I could use a little help, because this is bugging the hell out of me:

In dungeon 4, The Foundry. On the top floor, where you get the Deathgrip, there's a little alcove off to the west side. I can clearly see it on the map. I can clearly see the ledge I need to grab, but I can't wall run high enough to reach that ledge.

How the hell do I get up there?

Derrick01

Banned
Do not worry, Derrick, the
portal
puzzles in the
Ivory Citadel
and
The Black Stone
are far better than the Black Throne.

There's no redirect the beams.

Yeah this isn't as bad. It's still pretty annoying as anything involving a portal gun is but it's not unbearable.

Yet.

Monocle

Terminus Est.

Terminus Est is commonly translated from the Latin as "This is the end", or literally "It is the end." It can also mean "this is the limit", "this is an end" (due to the lack of the definite article), or "this is the border".
Also, it's a good Book of the New Sun reference.

Not really, but the only skill I really bothered with was Murder.
The problem is my Death is a pure Harbinger build. Summons wouldn't be especially effective for me because my strength stat is almost twice my arcane. I actually tried out maxed Murder + Bless a while back because I heard it was great for healing. The results were underwhelming. I could restore maybe a quarter life bar with every summon, whereas now, with my health stealing scythe and health on crit claws, I can heal up completely in a matter of seconds and do great damage at the same time.

I am very tempted to start a new file and go pure Necro with Ghoul focus after I beat the game and do a New Game + run.

I used Teleport Slash a few times, but none of the others.
Yeah, Teleport Slash is one of the two skills I focused on for my current build. I've maxed Teleport Slash, Unending Fury, and Death Blossom. I have no idea if Immolation, Inescapable, or Rage of the Grave are worth leveling. They seem like nothing special. I had to put one point in Immolation to reach Death Blossom, but other than that I've ignored those skills.

Carm

In dungeon 4, The Foundry. On the top floor, where you get the Deathgrip, there's a little alcove off to the west side. I can clearly see it on the map. I can clearly see the ledge I need to grab, but I can't wall run high enough to reach that ledge.

After getting deathgrip, leave the room but don't cross the chasm using it. Instead walk to the edge and climb over the side, then drop down and be ready to use deathgrip.

Dahbomb

The Harbringer ultimate skill is really underwhelming.

Also you don't need to start a new save file to change builds, just respec. There are plenty of mystic stones to build up arcane with and just change up your gear, which will take the most time.

remz

There's an alternate route around the back to that ledge. Try looking in the gap you swing over with the deathgrip

Crap....went through wave 1 to 75 in the crucible. On wave 75 Argul spawned in. I totally wasn't expecting it. I got caught off guard and he froze me and then took me out with one shot. Sooooo close to getting the next section unlocked.

KevinCow

Banned
After getting deathgrip, leave the room but don't cross the chasm using it. Instead walk to the edge and climb over the side, then drop down and be ready to use deathgrip.

There's an alternate route around the back to that ledge. Try looking in the gap you swing over with the deathgrip

God dammit. I'm pretty sure I already did that. I just spent ten minutes trying to get to an area that I'd already gotten to but just forgotten about.

Edit: I am an idiot confirmed.

Carm

I beat Scar at lvl11... like a boss.

You must've had good weapons I guess. My level 9 upgraded possessed scythe wasn't making a dent at the time. Weapon drops were pretty poor up to that point for me. The rest of my gear was probably subpar too I'd imagine.

After posting, I decided to go back, level 15 now. No issues till I got in the room with the two lava drains and the two big guys spawn after killing 6ish little ones. I killed them but had major issues, solely because of the camera. I'm really surprised Vigil fucked up the camera after seeing communities complain about Kingdoms of Amalurs camera, DS2 has the same exact issue.

CPCunha

juuuust started the game on pc and i'm having a blast!
Quick question though...why does this game BOILS my GTX580?? Never even noticed anything while plying other games but DSII makes the fan on the videocard go crazy....
Anyone else experienced anything like this?

sephi22

Crap....went through wave 1 to 75 in the crucible. On wave 75 Argul spawned in. I totally wasn't expecting it. I got caught off guard and he froze me and then took me out with one shot. Sooooo close to getting the next section unlocked.
Happened with me too... A dozen times. My first attempt at Crucible 50-75 was at the 32 hour mark. I beat it last night at 42 hours played. I guess i spent 10 hours just retrying it and collecting the dead book pages.

I wouldve finished it much earlier if i had read the post someone made here about teleport slash. Teleport slash makes that battle braindead.

I was running Harvest (full upgrade), Unstoppable (full upgrade) and Aegis guard level 3. After reading about teleport slash, i turned in 2 relics of khagoths and bought teleport slash level 2. Easiest run ever.

Also, still waiting on a sticks and stones locations guide. I dont want to start ng+ till i catch 'em all

Volcynika

I wish the grapple wasn't so finicky. I fell like seven times at the second world's first story-related dungeon because the second grapple never registered after I made the first.

Archpath1

Yes you can. The only bug for item send is the duplication bug, which lets you send the item without losing it yourself.

:]

in that case anyone want , just friend me - 360 GT = archpath1

P. Double Scythes lvl 13
dmg - 125 -143
fire dmg - 32
crit chance - 22%
crit dmg - 25%
health on crit - 40

they served me well till lvl18 LOL
if you got some good crit chance you'll be getting lots of health back ; )

This story quest line in world 2 is BS. Oh hey, get these 3 dudes for me. Get to one dude, he asks for 3 dudes.

Dude.

When will this end? >_>

And I just got dropped into another dimension WTH:

4330AEAB-709F-4C35-9A98-DB948F7555F1-1889-000001B10DE09F8E.jpg

FtHTiny

This story quest line in world 2 is BS. Oh hey, get these 3 dudes for me. Get to one dude, he asks for 3 dudes.

Dude.

When will this end? >_>

And I just got dropped into another dimension WTH:

4330AEAB-709F-4C35-9A98-DB948F7555F1-1889-000001B10DE09F8E.jpg

can you still jump, or try jumping after equiping another secondary.
If that works jump your way back in.

glaurung

So the game finally unlocked for the peasant European Steam users last night around 23.00 local time.

God damn. Aside from looking rather rough in places, I got sucked in pretty much immediately. Once I groaned and decided to call it a night three and a half hours later (biting heavily into my sleeping time), I realized why I was enjoying this game so much. The reason is simple: the vibe that I get from this very similar to the first and second Legacy of Kain games. Yes, the character attitudes and voice acting play a huge role in this, but so does the crazy, enormous overworld map. So does the skill and inventory management, though those old games never went so mad with loot hoarding.

I started out on Apocalyptic from the get-go and have yet to regret this. Gorewood and Thane are impossible to beat at the moment. Took it pretty slow and reached the end of the first dungeon, OCDing all the way.

Sucks not having any proper graphics options and most of the textures look rather poor. Kind of not what I expected from a game in 2012.

Amazon also dispatched my CE of the PS3 version, which should arrive later this week.

Micerider

When did you guys get your first possessed weapon? I'm at the Lost Temple and haven't had a sniff of one.

I had to wait till level 14....bought that damn chest from Vulgrim as I was tired to be without possessed weapons since the beginning. Good purcahse but damn...I wish I would have dropped one earlier.

Whoa,
Achidna's Fangs
are awesome secondaries. Life stealing effect and the damage output is super fast and efficient. These shall be my Crucible and
Arbiter's Maze
weapon of choice. Stack that with my overall Critical Chance of 40% and Health on Critical - I'm pretty much unstoppable at this point.

I also received some great Possessed Scythes from sephi22 with Frost damage so I'm slowing fools down while I'm leeching their life away.

KevinCow

Banned
I've been using heavy subweapons from minute 1. I should probably try out the fast ones at some point.

But the heavy ones are so satisfying.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any particular skills worth investing in Necromancer? I've just been levelling Corpse Explosion because the ghouls seem to die immediately anyways, and the upgraded health wouldn't help that much since they're getting one or two shotted.

Do the Murder of Crows just attack whatever, or do they attack one specific target?

Also does Arcane change how much damage the ghouls do?

I also like when you idle, Dust coming out and chilling (offbalanced) on your shoulder

Top Bottom