• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

aparisi2274

decided to try and take out
Ghorn
last night, who is a side quest given to you by the blind Shaman in the forge lands.

I was level 12 and the entire dungeon was filled with enemies at level 17. Suffice it to say, it took me a while, and some trips back to the shaman to buy potions, but I finally beat the boss and went up almost 2 lvls. What a feeling!!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
There seems to be a problem with the item codes for the EU PS3 version of the game. The Mace code works, but the Van Der Smasch code is wrong or invalid for a lot of people (including me).

Dahbomb

Just ran into a bug where Death turned invisible for a few seconds.

Well he was invisible to me, the enemies could still him. I then used one of my Wrath abilities and he returned to normal.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Are those items lower than the third line in your sacrifice list? The game will only let you sacrifice stuff in the first three lines. So if you have to scroll to see the item you can't do anything. Yay for shittiest QA in the world... You'll have to drop other items to access the ones you want to sacrifice and then pick everything back up from the ground.

Thank you so much for posting this. I have about 20 amulets that I was resigned to selling since I couldn't get the game to accept them as weapon fodder. Thought that amulets and boots weren't acceptible as food, but apparently its just another bug. Please patch this Vigil!

Just ran into a bug where Death turned invisible for a few seconds.

Well he was invisible to me, the enemies could still him. I then used one of my Wrath abilities and he returned to normal.

That reminds me

Are there invisible enemies? I fought some Constructs that I could not see, but never saw invisible constructs again. Don't know if it was a glitch or what.

Derrick01

Banned
I finally finished the game. Obviously to anyone who saw my other posts here I really did not like this at all and it's the most disappointing game I've played this year, but not the worst. That honor still goes to Syndicate and Max Payne 3, this would be third. I might go to the spoiler thread and explain in more detail, don't want to ruin anything for people here.

I should have played this first so Sleeping Dogs could wash the bad taste away.

Dahbomb

That reminds me

Are there invisible enemies? I fought some Constructs that I could not see, but never saw invisible constructs again. Don't know if it was a glitch or what.
I think there are but that might be because of the DLC, not because of a glitch. It's the Bloodless enemies, you can equip the Blood talisman that will allow you to see the enemies and fight them. There are 6 total, 3 in Dead Lands and 3 in Forgelands.

Maffis

That reminds me

There was a invisible creature in one room in the Foundry I think but it couldn't get hit and Death said something about "it's useless". Dunno what the hell that was about.

I finally finished the game. Obviously to anyone who saw my other posts here I really did not like this at all and it's the most disappointing game I've played this year, but not the worst. That honor still goes to Syndicate and Max Payne 3, this would be third. I might go to the spoiler thread and explain in more detail, don't want to ruin anything for people here.

Hahahaha. Man, I knew you wouldn't like this game. I'd just give up on gaming if I was constantly disappointed game after game. I'd flat out give up.

FtHTiny

There was a invisible creature in one room in the Foundry I think but it couldn't get hit and Death said something about "it's useless". Dunno what the hell that was about.

It´s a preorder bonus from one shop. So if you haven´t ordered from there you see the enemies but can´t do shit with them.

Derrick01

Banned
Hahahaha. Man, I knew you wouldn't like this game. I'd just give up on gaming if I was constantly disappointed game after game. I'd flat out give up.

Well if developers would stop making such bad design choices I wouldn't be constantly disappointed.

But I liked Sleeping Dogs and I liked the first Darksiders. So there's 2 games this gen I don't hate.

Dahbomb

Holy crap....

Soul Arbiters Maze is like a mini-Crucible as a Side Dungeon! I don't know why I took this long to venture into it.

This confirms my assessment that world 2 is the best world in the game by far. Unless you have a phobia of the 3s...

I have also incorporated Flip Saw into my regular combos and it really enhances combat. BnB ground string launcher XX pause X Flipsaw cancel with Meteor Smash into either Just Frame or Spinning Scythe but the timing is tight. If you get the timing the spinning scythe keeps them in the air juggling for more follow ups.

Geez. I do not know how anyone could feel this way if they liked the first one. Granted, I'm not that far yet but I don't see how it could go that much downhill.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Might be, I turned on Unstoppable and then got cornered where the lock on usually goes haywire and I couldn't see shit. Then when I finally rolled out of the corner and disengaged lock on, there was no me...

This sounded like some deep inner self discovery when I read it :LOL

MMaRsu

Max payne 3 and darksiders disappointments of the year? Lol true derrick trolling. Just got to the Lost temple..great game

_machine

Just done the tuitorial, it's ok so far. It could do with a ton of polish though.
Ditto.

Especially the technical aspect of the game is rather annoyingly botched; forcing 3xV-sync and it still doesn't work, the shadow tech and some of the draw distances look rather bad on pc and it just lacks all around polish. The combat and loot feels very, very tight at least so far and art is pretty sublime.

jett

D-Member
Fast Travel?

Despite the game telling me to press "A" to bring up the overworld map within a dungeon, I could never do it. A google search informed that button mapping is fucked in the PC version and you actually have to press down the left stick. LOLOLOL.

This fucking game and its bugs.

A few questions here;

1. I'm getting so pissed at crucible on apocalyptic, hitting a wall in the 60's waves. If I do ng+ will it restart the crucible, will it be harder?

2. Where the hell are you guys getting lifel/wrath steal weapons? I haven't see it on armor or any weapons yet. Level 21 at the very end of the game. My posessed weapon has chance on execute, execute health, health on crit, and frost damage.

3. How exactly do these crows work? Sometimes it seems like they're out for a long time, other times its like for one second then they disappear. Do they have a health bar?

4. Chance on execute seems to be a bit misleading, it doesn't have the same rate on tougher enemies then it does on the weaker stuff. This stat really isn't that great, is there some explanation for the exact way this works?

5. If I complete the game, will it automatically go to ng+, or does it give me the option, saving me right before the ending so I can go do the crucible?

6. Final question, what build/skills/gear did you use in the crucible to beat it? Right now I'm wearing 3/4 abyssal with arcane crit/stat gear, with ghouls and crow, and the final skill (which I don't really use, it kind of sucks). Looking specifically for apocalyptic advice.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
A few questions here;

3. How exactly do these crows work? Sometimes it seems like they're out for a long time, other times its like for one second then they disappear. Do they have a health bar?

6. Final question, what build/skills/gear did you use in the crucible to beat it? Right now I'm wearing 3/4 abyssal with arcane crit/stat gear, with ghouls and crow, and the final skill (which I don't really use, it kind of sucks). Looking specifically for apocalyptic advice.

They go by number of hits/time out. If there are a lot of enimes they will jump from foe to foe faster eating up their charges faster.

Fuck the final skill it's hot garbage. Max out the shield. It gives a ton of arcane crit and free arcane.

With wrath steal you can practically use the final skill all day.

The reaper hits from chains give me back like 60% of my wrath on their own

Dahbomb

Demonheart increases the chance of getting possessed weapons. By a lot.
1. I'm getting so pissed at crucible on apocalyptic, hitting a wall in the 60's waves. If I do ng+ will it restart the crucible, will it be harder?
I don't think it scales in NG+, you can attempt it at LVL30 if you want.

2. Where the hell are you guys getting lifel/wrath steal weapons? I haven't see it on armor or any weapons yet. Level 21 at the very end of the game. My posessed weapon has chance on execute, execute health, health on crit, and frost damage.
Just luck I guess but these are the 2 rarest stats to roll on an item.

4. Chance on execute seems to be a bit misleading, it doesn't have the same rate on tougher enemies then it does on the weaker stuff. This stat really isn't that great, is there some explanation for the exact way this works?
That's probably because you fight way more small enemies than large enemies. It does work as intended though and when you get the chance to execute a high level enemy it pays for itself. Its just that the chance has to be around 40-50+ to be worth it.

5. If I complete the game, will it automatically go to ng+, or does it give me the option, saving me right before the ending so I can go do the crucible?
As long as you don't enter the Well of Souls before the end you should be fine.

Since you are playing Necro build, start collecting those Mystic stones and pump some Arcane stats into yourself. Resistances help too and get some gear that gives you Reaper energy, Arcane + Reaper is really powerful. The Aegis Shield is also a staple for Necro build. Use Redemption at long range to build Wrath while your minions do the work. Other than that just get good items, the frost hammer from the Deposed King is really good as are the life steal claws from the spider boss.

Dahbomb

What is Demonheart and where can I get it?
Acquire chapter 11-20 of the Dead Book. Go to Vulgrim in the Kingdom of Dead and sell it for the Key. The secret room can be found in the same dungeon as the Deposed King side boss only you have to go to the most bottom floor until you reached the multi-color door. Inside there are some chests and I believe behind a statue you pull its a talisman just floating around. The Talisman is the Demonheart.

Holy shit while typing this post I forgot which sequence of the maze I was in right now during the Soul Arbiter maze... :/

Edit: Nah we good son! :D

There is a legendary weapon on the 5th level of the Arbiter Maze if you follow the secret path. The rest of the secret paths are not worth it.

ironcreed

Banned
All this talk about the second half going downhill has me concerned. I did not have much time to play the past couple of nights, but plan to dip back in for a few hours tonight. I am only at the Tree of Death, so when does it actually start to slide off a cliff?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
There is a legendary weapon on the 5th level of the Arbiter Maze if you follow the secret path. The rest of the secret paths are not worth it.

This legendary is awesome if you are harbinger build and early on.

The flame legendarys are better for necro. They are STILL my highest dps weapon at level 21 that I have LOL

Check vendors from about level 20 for % steal stats. I found health and wrath steal on sale about 20 minutes apart

All this talk about the second half going downhill has me concerned. I did not have much time to play the past couple of nights, but plan to dip back in for a few hours tonight. I am only at the Tree of Death, so when does it actually start to slide off a cliff?

Gameplay wise, it doesn't aside from one particular section

The narrative doesn't really go anywhere in the 2nd area. The 'game' only gets better where you're at.

Let the disappointment find you, don't go looking for it

BY2K

Membero Americo
I can't detach myself from the Legendary Scythes you get from killing the Ice Giant in NG+. The freeze chance + lifebane ability are lifesavers.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I can't detach myself from the Legendary Scythes you get from killing the Ice Giant in NG+. The freeze chance + lifebane ability are lifesavers.

LOL I'm still not on newgame plus yet. Im doing too much math work and shit :lol

WHY YOU NO HAVE MANUAL GAME

Acquire chapter 11-20 of the Dead Book. Go to Vulgrim in the Kingdom of Dead and sell it for the Key. The secret room can be found in the same dungeon as the Deposed King side boss only you have to go to the most bottom floor until you reached the multi-color door. Inside there are some chests and I believe behind a statue you pull its a talisman just floating around. The Talisman is the Demonheart.

Holy shit while typing this post I forgot which sequence of the maze I was in right now during the Soul Arbiter maze... :/

Edit: Nah we good son! :D

Awesome. Thanks

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yes it is.

Id say those and the claws are fucking awesome for harbinger up til you get possessed weapons.

The claws are hot garbage as arcane though :( you dont do enough damage to steal enough life to be worthwhile.

On the otherside of the coin the ice mace's ice procs crit for like 4.5k a hit *for me currently* SO HEY THERE WE GO

Ridley327

Am I missing something obvious with the Phasewalker puzzle in the Nook? The first portal is easy enough to find (the one by the door that led to the elevator puzzle), but I can't find the other portal for the life of me.

Top Bottom