• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

sephi22

Because of that item dubplication glitch, I think I'll gift my entire inventory to whoever's interested. Will post all the items i can sell later tonight.

protonion

Very early sub quest question.

The one you get from
Thane
to kill 3 monsters.
I activate one of the 3 and it points me to the east of the first big overworld area. When I enter it the mark goes back at the entrance (pointing back to where I came from). Is this a glitch?

Haunted

Very early sub quest question.

The one you get from
Thane
to kill 3 monsters.
I activate one of the 3 and it points me to the east of the first big overworld area. When I enter it the mark goes back at the entrance (pointing back to where I came from). Is this a glitch?
Not a glitch, but misleading. It denotes that the boss to slay is in that area.

Kicker is that you can't reach them with the equipment you have at the time, the two in the Forge Lands you can only do some hours later.

FtHTiny

Im so there dude. Are ornate boxes from vulgrim worth it? I have enough to buy one..

Normally any chest below the best one isn´t really worth it because it´s just a green or blue weapon. The best chest would give you a possesed weapon that you can wear for a longer time because you feed it.

I understand why money is currency in DS2 and not souls... but it just bothers me that we have an entirely new system of collection and buying. There's nothing from DS1. It seems odd.

Mikeside

Really says something about this game that despite my initial disappointment at the sound bugs and the crappy textures etc I'm still REALLY itching to get home and crack on with it tonight!

Feindflug

This story quest line in world 2 is BS. Oh hey, get these 3 dudes for me. Get to one dude, he asks for 3 dudes.

Dude.

When will this end? >_>

And I just got dropped into another dimension WTH:

4330AEAB-709F-4C35-9A98-DB948F7555F1-1889-000001B10DE09F8E.jpg

Are those items lower than the third line in your sacrifice list? The game will only let you sacrifice stuff in the first three lines. So if you have to scroll to see the item you can't do anything. Yay for shittiest QA in the world... You'll have to drop other items to access the ones you want to sacrifice and then pick everything back up from the ground.

wow...the game sounds like an unpolished mess, I thought that with all these delays the game would've been at least as polished as the first game.

My pre-order arrived a few hours ago but I'm still undecided about starting the game today or not, if a patch for the consoles was confirmed to come out soon I'd probably wait for one or two weeks so I can have a less buggy playthrough...it's like DS1 all over again. :(

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
wow...the game sounds like an unpolished mess, I thought that with all these delays the game would've been at least as polished as the first game.

My pre-order arrived a few hours ago but I'm still undecided about starting the game today or not, if a patch for the consoles was confirmed to come out soon I'd probably wait for one or two weeks so I can have a less buggy playthrough...it's like DS1 all over again. :(

It's unpolished in some areas yeah this is why I can understand them saying they wanted a bit more of a structured set up for ds3 so they could polish it better. But honestly it doesnt consistently happen to everyone it's little bits here and there as a random event for players. On a message board it just makes it look like one long buggy game though.

All the talk about skills in the last couple pages. What is everyone going with. I have 13 points and really haven't had a need to put points in anything nor do I even think I have a good idea whats would be of benefit.

Mikeside

All the talk about skills in the last couple pages. What is everyone going with. I have 13 points and really haven't had a need to put points in anything nor do I even think I have a good idea whats would be of benefit.

Depends, do you wanna fight like a Spartan or think like a General?

Nohar

Hi fellow GAFers,

I've been wondering: is the game too easy on Normal Mode ? Because I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a better idea to begin in Apocalyptic mode right of the bat. Your thoughts ?
Also, does the game has more difficulty modes unlocked after clearing the game (aside from the Nightmare mode) ? What do you think about the replay value of the game ?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hi fellow GAFers,

I've been wondering: is the game too easy on Normal Mode ? Because I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a better idea to begin in Apocalyptic mode right of the bat. Your thoughts ?
Also, does the game has more difficulty modes unlocked after clearing the game (aside from the Nightmare mode) ? What do you think about the replay value of the game ?

If you played video games before, normal is too easy. No other modes to unlock. New game plus exist and scales enemies up. Replay value is determined by how much you enjoy the game. Some people like it some don't. I seem myself playing nightmare and doing different build play throughs myself though.

2nd World spoilers.

Man...I love the whole controlling
possessed ghosts
ability.

Right down to the runes on the dungeon tiles that glow green when you have a
ghost
coming along with you and
prevents the ghost from passing.

After a few disappointments already this year for games...Vigil really knocked it out of the park and reminded me why games are great.

glaurung

Hi fellow GAFers,

If you have any experience with these kind of games and you are willing to enjoy the challenge, go Apocalyptic from the start.

This means that certain enemies will one-shot if you are not careful enough. But eventually your gear will outmatch your enemies. If you want to maintain the challenge, do not equip certain kinds of armor.

On normal, this game is easier than it should be (aside from some bosses).

After encountering someone who I saw a lot of in the first game it's pretty clear that there was a pretty big texture downgrade in PC version

(late game spoiler)
referring to Samael

RPGCrazied

Anyone else get those free items? I started to play D2 and got a screen to register 2 new items.

Van der Schmash

Mace Maximus

Are these old?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
After encountering someone who I saw a lot of in the first game it's pretty clear that there was a pretty big texture downgrade in PC version

(late game spoiler)
referring to Samael

I was more annoyed at the guy you talked to at the start of world 3. I mean a WHOLE SEGMENT OF HIM A MAJOR PART OF HIS BODY was low res textures... wtf?

So after finishing Darksiders 1 the other day, I immediately started playing D2 and I'm loving it (Just finished the Black Cauldron quest). I am a sucker for games with acrobatic/agile/fast characters and Death is so much more fun to control than War was. The platforming is ripped straight from Prince of Persia 2008 which I am totally down with and is also a blast (though I am missing my double jump). The added RPG elements make the game seem so much larger in scope as well and the loot is pretty awesome and doled out pretty well.

My only real complaint so far this early is that regular enemies are way too easy (I'm playing on Normal). I'm itching to release some crazy ass combos but they die half way through. Also the camera becomes a pain whenever I'm fighting more than two enemies. I always feel like someone is off camera starting an attack I can't see until it's too late.

But other than that, so far so good. I'd also like to mention how awesome all of the voice acting has been as well as the music which felt practically non-existent in the first game. Can't wait to get back to it.

Top Bottom