• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Haunted

Huge, long and HARD!
s5kiY.png

<3

tragic

Developer
Here's how I see Nightmare Mode (as told in the voice of Liam Neeson):

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have extra loot. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long story-mode. Skills that make me a nightmare for game-modes like you. If you give me a reward now, that'll be the end of it. I will not attempt you, I will not pursue a speed run. But if you don't, I will grind out exp, I will get stronger, and I will beat you."

Darksiders 2's response:

"Good luck" - /hangsup

forrest

formerly nacire

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have extra loot. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long story-mode. Skills that make me a nightmare for game-modes like you. If you give me a reward now, that'll be the end of it. I will not attempt you, I will not pursue a speed run. But if you don't, I will grind out exp, I will get stronger, and I will beat you."

Darksiders 2's response:

"Good luck" - /hangsup

Haha! Can't wait man!

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
The game has shipped from the THQ store :) I'm in Canada so I don't expect to get it for some time yet though.

Darksiders 2's response:

"Good luck" - /hangsup

Oh great, now I'm going to be compelled to beat Nightmare mode just so I can pretend I'm Liam Neeson.

Facism

LOLOL pretty god damn much :D

Also Darksiders 2 ps3 version is now SOLD OUT COMPLETELY on THQ's very own store

lol i'm still waiting for support to tell me why there's no record of my purchase anywhere on their site or at paypal even though i got a confirmation of the order being processed -_-

forrest

formerly nacire
lol i'm still waiting for support to tell me why there's no record of my purchase anywhere on their site or at paypal even though i got a confirmation of the order being processed -_-

Hmm searching for my order by number seems to get me no where, but clicking on my order history brings my purchase right up. I also paid with paypal, but my transaction went through immediately.

Facism

Hmm searching for my order by number seems to get me no where, but clicking on my order history brings my purchase right up. I also paid with paypal, but my transaction went through immediately.

Where did you find your order number? I've literally got nothing from them after the confirmation told me my order went through and to check my email for the paypal invoice.

edit: just found it.

Order pending payment. wtf paypal should of been instant :/

forrest

formerly nacire
Where did you find your order number? I've literally got nothing from them after the confirmation told me my order went through and to check my email for the paypal invoice.

edit: just found it.

Order pending payment. wtf paypal should of been instant :/

Sorry was looking how to tell you to get there on THQ's site, which is kind of a clusterfuck I might add.

Facism

Sorry was looking how to tell you to get there on THQ's site, which is kind of a clusterfuck I might add.

cheers.

For anyone else, i had to go to support > General Questions > My Account > My Order History. Obviously you have to be logged in.

hrmppph. Guess i'll see what happens tomorrow.

Do we know what the Wii U Gamepad will be used for in DSII ?

While Death deals ultra combos, you'll be able to use the the intimate Wii U tablet's personalized screen to pick the individual seeds out of his butthole.*

*This is representative but not necessarily specifically indicative of the particular actions allowed by the Wii U gimmick as paralleled by it's progenitor the Wii waggle gimmick.

probably just basic maps/inventory stuff

I would like that, actually, though probably not enough to play the game again (since I am playing it on the PS3).

I really wish the screenshots I was given were a better representation of the game... I might have to hook up this HD capture box.

Sentenza

This is the same shit those idiots who think every game should be non-linear say

Tell me you're not one of those idiots, Derrick01.
And yet, I can't think of a single game that couldn't improve with some degree of non-linearity.
Even when you are planning to model a linear progression/storyline, you can easily improve the experience, the immersion, the player agency just adding occasional chances to deviate from it.
If anything, even just because when you have options, your input becomes actually relevant to overcame the game's challenges; when you have just to follow a super-strict path, you are like a Pavlov's dog reacting every time your pointer changes shape.

When people complain a lot about not liking non-linear games (there are a bunch of those too, on GAF) more often than not they are actually complaining about bleak game design, not about the degree of freedom itself.

But of course, feel free to keep the inappropriate and narrow-minded namecalling going.

While Death deals ultra combos, you'll be able to use the the intimate Wii U tablet's personalized screen to pick the individual seeds out of his butthole.*

Sounds like a pretty accurate prediction.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I might have to do that too. How is Darksiders on the PC?

The PC version runs fine but lacks any advanced graphics options, so if you want AA and AF, you'll have to force them through nvidia/AMD drivers. The default kb&m controls are garbage, however X360 controller support is present.

Sentenza

It runs like shit. I have a core i7 2600 with an Nvidia GTX 570 and while fraps says 60 FPS the camera panning is jerky. This is a common issue without a known fix. Hope DS2 is ported better.
What? I can run it silk-smooth with a dual core duo (2,3 Ghz) and a GTX 460.

Top Bottom