• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ok who is going to be playing on pc and going pure melee build? I need a trading buddy to hook me up with caster loot and I'll give you mah meele goods :p

It was, easily. Best mission design of the series too.
Yup, oh and that dock mission where you are getting ambushed and you have to make it from one end to the other. FUCKING INTENSE no other moment in the series matched that

ironcreed

Banned
I've Just read the Review in Console + (French magazine) and although I don't like their reviews in general, I'm glad to see that they find it superior to the first game in every possible way with the main points being the following :

- Much better feel from the art direction, they have really let their style go further with all the liberty the new settings offered.

- Death is really a better character than War, more charismatic.

- Combat feels better

- The "prince of persia" mechanics added into the blend do not do any arm.

On the bad side, their only complaint was just that the game missed "new mechanics of it's own" to be better (I personnaly don't mind if the "inspired" mechanics are well implemented)

They give it a 17/20

"Death is really a better character than War, more charismatic."

I wonder why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw-Oea_buD0

"The "Prince of Persia" mechanics added into the blend do not do any arm."

This pleases me greatly and it is nice to hear it confirmed. This game has so much going for it that takes me back to the kinds of epic single player games we used to see released all the time in past gens.

DieH@rd

Banned
jsomk4b.jpg

Adnor

Banned
Ok who is going to be playing on pc and going pure melee build? I need a trading buddy to hook me up with caster loot and I'll give you mah meele goods :p
You have my magic loot.
EDIT: Oh, I won't be able to play until the 20 because that's when GMG gives me my key, sorry.

DieH@rd

Banned

I will go with pure melee, maybe little spellz just to augment my slaying of fools. We can sign trade agreement, but only if I manage to enable the game on 14th via VPN. I dont think there will be problem there.

dreamfall

I'm really hoping this game does super well, and that we get a game for Fury next! Joe Mad's art is super incredible- almost wish I could've afforded that War/Ruin statue that came out way back when.

TUESDAY. Sheesh, it feels like forever!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Booted up the first game since I have yet to beat it (I know, I know) and found I was about 5 hours in, and the game is 15. I like it a lot, but some of the level design is very confusing. I think I may just wait for my copy of 2 to get here and read up on the plot to 1.

EDIT: For more hype for those who have not seen them, here's our COIN-OP TV videos of Darksiders 2. Some good stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/user/coinoptv/videos?query=Darksiders+2

Torraz

Booted up the first game since I have yet to beat it (I know, I know) and found I was about 5 hours in, and the game is 15. I like it a lot, but some of the level design is very confusing. I think I may just wait for my copy of 2 to get here and read up on the plot to 1.

Same situation.

I think I got stuck in some kind of sand area. Not sure if it's worth it to finish it.

Same situation.

I think I got stuck in some kind of sand area. Not sure if it's worth it to finish it.

Sand area. Hmm.. Memory is kind of letting me down today but (GAF guys help) isn't that the part with the worm boss fight? You are surely already halfway through.

Yup, oh and that dock mission where you are getting ambushed and you have to make it from one end to the other. FUCKING INTENSE no other moment in the series matched that
INTENSEly annoying! :p I'm not sure what you guys mean by mission design, but I just can't stand the parts where you have to race through checkpoints or escape the authorities (like when you first visit Krew). I just find I can't put up with it.

BurningNad

I started the first game up with the intention of completing it on Apocalyptic for the bonus shizz, but apparently I had done that on my first playthrough. Bonus! Starting new games on hard mode pays off!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
INTENSEly annoying! :p I'm not sure what you guys mean by mission design, but I just can't stand the parts where you have to race through checkpoints or escape the authorities (like when you first visit Krew). I just find I can't put up with it.

Spin shot makes everything better :p

And yes the checkpoint stuff wasnt that great. But 3 had shitty dune buggy battles

Kunohara

So a friend of mine managed to grab a 360 copy already. This place he goes to always sells stuff early. He managed to get Skyrim a week early from the same guy.

He's gonna play as soon as he gets home. Lucky bugger.

Dahbomb

The dock mission in Jak 2 was inappropriately difficult as compared to the rest of the game. That's like the hardest mission in the entire game and it happens somewhere around the first half of the game. Difficulty curve in Jak 2 was all over the place as was the design.

Jak 3 was much more coherent and actually followed a regular difficulty curve.

K[U said:
[/U]unohara;40836880]So a friend of mine managed to grab a 360 copy already. This place he goes to always sells stuff early. He managed to get Skyrim a week early from the same guy.

He's gonna play as soon as he gets home. Lucky bugger.

So a friend of mine...

suuuure... ;)

I remembered that some people streamed MW3 and Skyrim a couple of days before they were out, is that considered illegal?

Kunohara

Some impressions from your friend about the performance (tearing/frame drops) will be much appreciated. :)

Sadly, he doesn't care about shit like that, but I'll ask him anyway, and let you know. I probably won't talk to him till tomorrow though (for obvious reasons).

Mikeside

So I decided what with II coming out, I'd finally give Darksiders a chance, as it's been sitting in my Steam games list for donkey's years.

FAN.
TASTIC.

Everything after the first section is just gold. I'm currently mopping up the last 2 pieces of the Armageddon Blade and then I'm ready for the sequel which looks amazing - have been following all the DSII threads around here for a while and my hype level is higher than ever.

Between Diablo III, Darksiders II, Borderlands 2 & Torchlight II, 2012 = the year of loot.

Top Bottom