• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah, I don't see how humanity will stay restored for very long. The reason we were wiped out in the first place is that we weren't prepared for the war, despite being basically at the peak of our existence with nukes and stuff. How can humanity possibly defend themselves from what is basically an infantile state.

Darksiders 1 ending

I hope with Darksiders 3 the story actually moves forward. I will be annoyed if the next game with fury takes place the same point as death and war.

There will never be a game with just Fury, being female. That would be too awesome. Darksiders III will feature co-op between Fury and Strife. But you're right - I hope it takes place after the events of DS I, and not at the same time.

Does anyone know where the tomb is where I can use the key I got from Vulgrim for completing the first chapter of the Book of the Dead?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
According to the Darksiders Wikia, Strife may have a weapon that he uses for close combat. He looks cool, btw:

Strife_colored.jpg

Yeah I think Strife is the coolest looking one, Death is close 2nd.

Fury need a complete redesign (seriously this generic fantasy hooker look is stupid Joe Mad is way better than this BS) and War was a complete mess.

But handguns with Strife and Fury use a whip, lets hope they use other weapons or the next game will require a different approach.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Well, obviously Strife can't have his own game to be set at the same time as DS1 and DS2, since he wouldn't have his guns. (War has Mercy and Death has Redemption.)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Well, obviously Strife can't have his own game to be set at the same time as DS1 and DS2, since he wouldn't have his guns. (War has Mercy and Death has Redemption.)

Takes place before BOTH GAMES and you find out how he lost them! PLEASE GOD NO

My friend tells me this game is unplayable, and there's tons of progression blocking bugs in all SKUs, and I should wait for a patch.

Is he lying to me, GAF?

They kind of wrote themselves in to a corner with the other horsemen unless they wanted to quickly dismiss of War and Death in a post-DS1 game. Maybe a Shadow the Hedgehog-style "You guys take that path, I'll go this one" bullshit that no one would be happy with.

I dunno, I don't think they expect to make another Darksiders game anytime soon.

Is anyone else getting an inordinate amount of use from Redemption in this game? The revolver in the original was shit, but now it's an essential part of my arsenal - mostly for charging up my wrath from a distance and killing tiny, flying enemies.

Dahbomb

My friend tells me this game is unplayable, and there's tons of progression blocking bugs in all SKUs, and I should wait for a patch.

Is he lying to me, GAF?
Game isn't unplayable but there are numerous documented bugs including some that might be game ending. A patch might be coming in the near future.

Is anyone else getting an inordinate amount of use from Redemption in this game? The revolver in the original was shit, but now it's an essential part of my arsenal - mostly for charging up my wrath from a distance and killing tiny, flying enemies.

I get a lot of use from it partially because the game keeps equipping it for me for reasons I do not understand.

RPGCrazied

26 hours and beat! The ending... was kinda meh. Though it was cool when
Death took off his mask. Shame they didn't show his face.
Don't forget to watch the credits, short cutscene after them!
Though who was the mans voice?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Capcom should hire Vigil for the next Onimusha. seriously.

They kind of wrote themselves in to a corner with the other horsemen unless they wanted to quickly dismiss of War and Death in a post-DS1 game. Maybe a Shadow the Hedgehog-style "You guys take that path, I'll go this one" bullshit that no one would be happy with.

I dunno, I don't think they expect to make another Darksiders game anytime soon.

so like a brand new Nephilim character? I'd be a-ok with that.

Sheap

I just want to see his transformed state. It's probably some mecha type shit hahaha

I would love it if he went all mech centaur with a giant automatic crossbow decimating waves of enemies on the battlefield with a single shot.

lol nah

The voice is the dark prince, the morning star - Lucifer aka the devil

Dahbomb

Yeah, on day 30, 60 and 90 after launch.
Any news on what these DLCs will be about? Isn't one of those supposed to be Argul's Tomb?

To be honest the side quests/extra features have been the better part of DS2 and anything to expand the game would be appreciated especially in the post-Kingdom of the Dead world.

I hope some of these DLCs also include patches.

BY2K

Membero Americo
First one is Argul's Tomb.

Speaking of which, what are those invisible enemies for? Are those the Bloodless?

Hobohodo

Question: Is it worth upgrading a possessed weapon that is of lower damage than the non possessed weapon I currently use, or should I stick to my ordinary weapon? Its just the possessed weapons I have found so far are always like 15-20 less damage. In the first world by the way.

Raxum

Question: Is it worth upgrading a possessed weapon that is of lower damage than the non possessed weapon I currently use, or should I stick to my ordinary weapon? Its just the possessed weapons I have found so far are always like 15-20 less damage. In the first world by the way.

Each level up they increase the amount of damage they do. Stats also increase based on what you feed it apparently.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Are there any one time achievements in this game like the Gryphon in 1, or can I relax without fear of OCD?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Oh, so they are the Bloodless.

Wait, Karn's treasure side-quest was part of that pre-order bonus? And the construct that lost his limbs?

WEEEEAAAAAAAKKKKK!

It's asking me to create a THQ account to play the game...but the birthdate it's chosen for me is wrong and won't let me change it.
I just know I'm gonna need that date at somepoint in the future to reclaim something and it's not gonna work.

Why do I need an online account for a single player game? :(

Bruiserk

There was a secret ending? Damn, I skipped the credits. Will have to watch it on Youtube later.

It's asking me to create a THQ account to play the game...but the birthdate it's chosen for me is wrong and won't let me change it.
I just know I'm gonna need that date at somepoint in the future to reclaim something and it's not gonna work.

Why do I need an online account for a single player game? :(

Yeah, that was fun. When I tried to sign up, it said my email was taken. I was like "No, it's not", it was like "Yes, it is". Then I give up trying to make a new account and select "existing account"...after all, who else could be using my email? Turns out it signed me up with that email without me even asking. Weirdest fucking thing.

Yeah, that was fun. When I tried to sign up, it said my email was taken. I was like "No, it's not", it was like "Yes, it is". Then I give up trying to make a new account and select "existing account"...after all, who else could be using my email? Turns out it signed me up with that email without me even asking. Weirdest fucking thing.

It's done that to me too. haha

Oh man, why THQ. Why?

Dahbomb

Just finished
Earth.

That was fucking ass. And before anyone tells this... I did that without using the guns. Only picked it up for the 3 giant bosses that popped up where you had to shoot them.

Basically it was on rail sequence that went on for too long and basically featured the same enemies over and over again with an occasional hard sub boss thrown in the mix (that one was hard to take down with normal weapons but still very doable).

I dread going back there for the collectibles. I think someone said it the best, that entire sequence was a shit stain upon this game.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Health Steal = Major <3

Just got to 75 on the Crucible without using a single potion. Health steal primary weapons at 10%. wrath on crit too. I felt like a tank.

protonion

I'm in the middle of world 2 and kind of disappointed.

The two main additions (big overworld and loot) do not add anything to the game. They are not bad, but they are just... there.
I use fast travel all the time. So I just traversed each area once and so what? Pointless. And being not a very impressive game visually,even that one time is boring.

Battle system WTF. I cannot tell what is happening.

Some serious pacing issues. Basically I'm like "not another battle", "not another dungeon" all the time.

DS1 is better in every aspect. Still in my top 5 this gen.

gdt

Fuck me man. I need Health Steal. I found a weapon that had it, but I think I sold it because I didn't know what it was. :/

forrest

formerly nacire
Beat the crucible two days ago and got all of my abyssal armor. Had some family in town yesterday so I had to put off my NG+ action until today. Time to get back at it!

Top Bottom