• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

DieH@rd

Banned
How can you be so sure?

Quick search on a popular public torrent tracker. Trust me, if pirated version was out, youtube would be full of DS2 playtrough videos. X360 is a totally cracked console, and Sony has managed to secure only newer games that require newer firmwares.

Lothars

Does anyone know how THQ online store is for shipping to canada? I ordered my Darksiders II and got a shipping notice on monday or tuesday.

Can I expect it this coming week or longer than that?

Megasoum

Banned
Arghhh I want my key from Greenmangaming!! I know they are only supposed to give it on release day or on preload day (which hasn't happened yet afaik?) so I'm not really worried....I just want to see the game in my steam list! lol

DieH@rd

Banned
Arghhh I want my key from Greenmangaming!! I know they are only supposed to give it on release day or on preload day (which hasn't happened yet afaik?) so I'm not really worried....I just want to see the game in my steam list! lol

GMG is supposedly getting the keys tomorrow. Not confirmed.

Any word if we can pre-load the game?

Like, start downloading Darksiders II on say 8/12, that way we can launch it at midnight and it's ready to go?

I was really bummed that I didn't have the money to get this day one and play along with everyone else but if my cancellation request for my Dark Souls pre-order goes through on GMG I'm putting the money toward this. Really enjoyed the first one and this looks like an improvement in every way.

tragic

Developer
Anyone in SoCal? More specifically, anyone near Hollywood? Even more specifically, anyone going to go to the midnight release? I'll be at the Hollywood GameStop if anyone wants to swing by and chat about the game! Let's do this!

AAAAH, can't wait!

Necrovex

Damn, I just preordered Darksiders because of that 25% discount from GMG. I'm pumped for another chapter in the DS series!

Pity I'm out of town until the 13th.

So I was supposed to be taking Monday the 13th as a vacation day. But we're a big meeting in my office with high level execs. Now I have Tuesday off instead. Guess I'll be waiting for GameStop to open at 10:00am!

Anyone in SoCal? More specifically, anyone near Hollywood? Even more specifically, anyone going to go to the midnight release? I'll be at the Hollywood GameStop if anyone wants to swing by and chat about the game! Let's do this!

AAAAH, can't wait!

Sorry, I live in Nor-Cal. But I'll still take a Joe Mad signed poster and free Season Pass for '360!

dreamfall

Anyone here read this? I'm thinking about it- just getting really immersed in the world, having finished the first game again. Give me Death and more Fury!

fAG1S.png

Gbraga

Hey tragic, you mentioned some time ago about just-frame button presses, how did you guys balanced that around the different framerates (30 for consoles and I'm assuming 60 was the standard for PC)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Darksiders still has best Platinum Name ever

BFA - Bad Fucking Ass

looks like 2 continues it

Duffyside

Banned
So, how come no one ever talks about the "mysterious" voice in Darksiders the original when (Potentially a big spoiler for the future, though I sure hope not because it seems so obvious)
Ware goes to the Tree of Knowledge to find out who is behind it all, and it's a girl's voice, who says "you tried to summon us." Clearly that's the female Horseman, right?

So, how come no one ever talks about the "mysterious" voice in Darksiders the original when (Potentially a big spoiler for the future, though I sure hope not because it seems so obvious)
Ware goes to the Tree of Knowledge to find out who is behind it all, and it's a girl's voice, who says "you tried to summon us." Clearly that's the female Horseman, right?

Its somebody else according to the people in this thread. Supposedly its
Lilith a female demon like Samael.

chris-013

No.
It's Lilith and yes, she's in DS2. IGN have one video of her.

Duffyside

Banned
Yeah, I had heard that she was in the Darksiders comic that came with the game, but I never read it and can't find my copy anymore (if I ever even got one).

Still seems strange, as it seemed they were really trying to shock us with a future reveal. Don't know why
Abaddon would've been surprised/upset at a demon
doing that.

BadData

Did anyone notice any differences between the console versions of Darksiders 1? Do you remember if the controls made heavy use of the triggers or anything? Trying to figure out which version of DS2 to buy...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Did anyone notice any differences between the console versions of Darksiders 1? Do you remember if the controls made heavy use of the triggers or anything? Trying to figure out which version of DS2 to buy...

very heavy use its the item button

Megasoum

Banned
Oh...just got an email from GMG saying:

Thank you for prepurchasing Darksiders II: Limited Edition from Green Man Gaming.

You are receiving this email because your game will be available for download on 10 Aug 2012 at 00:01 UTC.

With a link to a how-to guide to set up steam and download a game... Still no key tho.

Finished Darksiders for the second time. Still don't understand how War gets to Earth if the seals aren't broken although I got a pretty good understanding of everything else that I missed the first time around.

forrest

formerly nacire

Awesome, just entered over at GuitarWorld.com

I would have preferred some concept art. I'm not sure why they always want to plaster the higher res CG stuff everywhere. Although looking at it now, that is probably an illustration, just more realistically rendered

What the.... So if you buy it today you get a key right away but if you pre-order it a month earlier you have to wait?

It's on GMG right?

I guess it doesn't really matter as long as we get it before tuesday but that's stupid.

Right, from GMG. Agreed that's pretty rotten, I wasn't sure if I was gonna get it from Steam on via THQ directly for the season pass, but seeing how I had a $10 credit + %25 off it was a no-brainer.

Odd, just used it and got my key.

Just tried it again. You're adding it under the vouch code, right?

742b00e4767d37ebed36e310ebe59bbe.jpg

Also you guys may wanna check your GMG account under games and see if the key is there. I'm downloading it from steam right now.

I was putting it in under enter voucher code, yes.

I think the problem was I wasn't logged in. It works now.

Still trying to decide between the PS3/PC version, though. I've got the PS3 version coming in from THQ with the Season Pass. So $60 for a sub-resolution console game with the season pass, versus $37 for a 1080p capable PC game (and I've got the PC to run it).

Salsa

Key woes. Always happens, no one's ever sure or recieves the same thing on the same day etc etc. Small price to pay for a much better deal.

No key yet from GamersGate either.

The only time it got bad was during Deus Ex Human Revoltion. I got it from GamersGate and they were gonna take 3 days after release to give me the key so I just got it again on Steam.

Salaadin

Thats the full game and not a preload or anything?

Tempted to cancel the amazon preorder and get from GMG now even though Ill lose the horse upgrade.

Top Bottom