• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

I was putting it in under enter voucher code, yes.

I think the problem was I wasn't logged in. It works now.

Still trying to decide between the PS3/PC version, though. I've got the PS3 version coming in from THQ with the Season Pass. So $60 for a sub-resolution console game with the season pass, versus $37 for a 1080p capable PC game (and I've got the PC to run it).

Just me but if i have the PC that will run circles around a console then it's PC > Console. Rather have all the bells and whistles while having a solid 60 FPS experience. If it means I'll have to pay a little more for DLC and that's if I even get it, it will be worth it.

Carm

So, I ordered the PC CE from the THQ store. I got the tracking number, and have been checking up on it. This shipping service they use kinda sucks. First, the link in my email links to four different packages being shipped. Of course only one is mine, but they all still show as shipping info received. On the seventh, on the bottom of the page, I finally got a shipping notice update saying it arrived at a shipping facility, two hours away from me.

Since it still hasn't shown up, I checked the link again today and it was updated again. The odd thing is, now it's saying it's in transit to Sparks, Nevada, which is across the damn country heh. It was just in central Indiana, why would it go across country using USPS, when it was so close already? *sigh*

Just me but if i have the PC that will run circles around a console then it's PC > Console. Rather have all the bells and whistles while having a solid 60 FPS experience. If it means I'll have to pay a little more for DLC and that's if I even get it, it will be worth it.

I'm the same way. I'd do it in a heartbeat too if I knew for sure that Steam will work at my college (its firewall is nuts).

I think I'll get the PC version and hold onto the PS3 version/Season Pass in case Steam is blocked. It worked the last semester I was there, but they could've cracked down on the VPN program I was using to bypass it.

forrest

formerly nacire
THQ's website is such a god damned piece of shit. For the love of god is it confusing, segemented between support and default site so I've had to register twice and the password requirements are different for each fucking site.
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

THQ's website is such a god damned piece of shit. For the love of god is it confusing, segemented between support and default site so I've had to register twice and the password requirements are different for each fucking site.
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

Don't they use Digital River as the shipping provider, anyway? Those guys are horrible.

Derrick01

Banned
Did they change how preloads work on steam? It's installing like a normal released game for me, no special box that came up with the preload status. In fact it never even said preload, just install.

Also wow only 6gb, thought it was more.

edit: Nevermind it says preloading on the download page.

Did they change how preloads work on steam? It's installing like a normal released game for me, no special box that came up with the preload status. In fact it never even said preload, just install.

Also wow only 6gb, thought it was more.

Yah, I'm completely confused. Will just need to wait for it to finish.

forrest

formerly nacire
Don't they use Digital River as the shipping provider, anyway? Those guys are horrible.

I have no clue, my email from THQ says if I've purchased a download product to just click the "Download Now" button below. There is no button or link in the email to let me download anything.

rybrad

Your key! lol

I'm in the same situation... I guess we'll get them at some point friday.
This happens pretty regularly with them on pre-orders for some reason. It seems that if someone pre-orders really close to when keys release they get the key right away but earlier pre-orders are on a set schedule which is usually later.

So everyone here seems to be getting the PC version, lol. I probably should but I want to try to stream it as well and doing it on haupauge (however it's spelt) HD PVR will be easier to handle at the start for me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have no clue, my email from THQ says if I've purchased a download product to just click the "Download Now" button below. There is no button or link in the email to let me download anything.

I experienced a similar issue when Ubi's DR-based store was buggered and a great many titles were priced at $0.00: While the e-mail receipts had keys for most of the games, several of them were blank. (That said, if I cared enough to chase it up, I'm sure I could have the error corrected.)

carlos

Somebody tell these digital river jackasses that Puerto Rico should be included via the free USPS shipping when ordering from the thq shop, why the hell do they force me to use international post at $12....
Cost them a sale right there...

JoeFenix

Anyone from Canada received their code from GMG yet?

I click on mygames on the GMG website and the darksiders icon shows a see keys things which leads me to a download page.

That page then leads me to some instructions on how to enter my key on steam to preload the game, no key is available in the keys tab in GMG...

First time dealing with them so hopefuly I'll get my key soon!

JordanKZ

Anyone from Canada received their code from GMG yet?

I click on mygames on the GMG website and the darksiders icon shows a see keys things which leads me to a download page.

That page then leads me to some instructions on how to enter my key on steam to preload the game, no key is available in the keys tab in GMG...

First time dealing with them so hopefuly I'll get my key soon!

I'm in the same boat, only I'm in the UK. I think it's pretty likely a mass email went around regardless of your region. Because the game isn't out for another 10 days here.

This is my first time pre-loading and it says "pre-loading suspended". Is that a normal thing or something that I should be looking to take care of? On steam, bought key off GreenManGaming.

DieH@rd

Banned
For those who don't plan on buying hte game on the launch, you will 99.99% have the opportunity to play Darksiders II demo on OnLive from the moment it launches [US servers].

I dont think that they will delay the free demo [first 30 minutes of the game with no restrictions], Batman AC had demo instantly available to anyone.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
This is my first time pre-loading and it says "pre-loading suspended". Is that a normal thing or something that I should be looking to take care of? On steam, bought key off GreenManGaming.
Since the error message says that it's missing a decryption key, I'm guessing we'll just have to wait until the release date now for the files to unlock.

So question or best guess for all of you: I pre-ordered on Steam weeks ago. Cancelled my order after I found the GMG sale. Steam has yet to respond to my cancellation request. Do you guys think if I pre-load the game that they won't go through with the cancellation?

Aeana

So question or best guess for all of you: I pre-ordered on Steam weeks ago. Cancelled my order after I found the GMG sale. Steam has yet to respond to my cancellation request. Do you guys think if I pre-load the game that they won't go through with the cancellation?
I don't know, but they may not even respond in time to cancel. I tried to cancel my Portal 2 preorder on Steam a week out from release and never got it canceled. I was so angry that I will probably never preorder anything on Steam ever again.

JaseC

They should. The key won't be tied to your account until the files are decrypted on release day.

Edit: But I'd wait for a response, just in case.

I've only ever cancelled one pre-order with steam before, and it took them 6 days to respond to my request. I sent in this particular request on August 7th. Cuttin' it pretty close. :|

6 days to respond to a support request is pretty damned insane.

Aeana

I've only ever cancelled one pre-order with steam before, and it took them 6 days to respond to my request. I sent in this particular request on August 7th. Cuttin' it pretty close. :|

6 days to respond to a support request is pretty damned insane.
Having to go through support just to cancel a preorder is also insane.

Khal_B

For those who pre-ordered on Green Man Gaming, did you guys receive your key yet? I received an email notification telling me that I can pre-load but no CD-Key...:(

JaseC

For those who pre-ordered on Green Man Gaming, did you guys receive your key yet? I received an email notification telling me that I can pre-load but no CD-Key...:(

I pre-ordered it after reading that pre-loading had begun and received my key on-screen immediately after checkout. Have you checked the Keys section of your account?

Khal_B

I pre-ordered it after reading that pre-loading had begun and received my key on-screen, immediately after checkout. Have you checked the Keys section of your account?

I have, several times actually. I'm seeing keys for other games I've bought on the site but not Darksiders 2.

JaseC

I have, several times actually. I'm seeing keys for other games I've bought on the site but not Darksiders 2.

Does it release on the 14th where you live? GMG may be holding out on regions with a later release date. Otherwise, just wait, I suppose (I'd say contact Support, but I'm still waiting to receive a reply to my Dark Souls cancellation request, sent yesterday).

Yaska

having same prob, not having the key yet, but might be because the release date according steam for my country is 20th. Ordered from GMG that is and got the email about key.

Khal_B

Does it release on the 14th where you live? GMG may be holding out on regions with a later release date. Otherwise, just wait, I suppose (I'd say contact Support, but I'm still waiting to receive a reply to my Dark Souls cancellation request, sent yesterday).

Just checked the store page on Steam and it says the release date is the 20th. But the email I received from GMG said that I can start pre-loading from today. Hmm, really weird. Looks like I'll have to wait it out.

Top Bottom