• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

purg3

slept with Malkin
So can someone confirm this, if I start on normal and complete it can I then do new game + on apocalyptic and still get the achievement?

Can anyone please list all of the difficulty settings in depth?

Like for instance, easy, normal, hard, apocalyptic, then nightmare.

I'm trying to decide which difficulty to play on, for recording and uploading it, and whether that should be a feature/focus of my series.

(eg: Darksiders 2 Walkthrough on Apocalyptic: Part 1)

sephi22

Can anyone please list all of the difficulty settings in depth?

Like for instance, easy, normal, hard, apocalyptic, then nightmare.

I'm trying to decide which difficulty to play on, for recording and uploading it, and whether that should be a feature/focus of my series.

(eg: Darksiders 2 Walkthrough on Apocalyptic: Part 1)

Easy - Easy (unlocked at start)
Normal - Normal (unlocked at start)
Apocalyptic - Hard (unlocked at start)
Nightmare - Enemy damage and health is same as Nightmare, but you have only 1 life and no retries. Needs to be unlocked.

Volcynika

All I know is apocalyptic was locked until after you completed the game on the first Darksiders. It wasn't all that hard either, especially with all the upgrades carrying over.

No it wasn't. I selected it on my first run. Stacked my difficulty achievements on Steam, too.

Balance Restored
Defeat the game on NORMAL
Unlocked: Dec 27, 2010 12:24am

A True Horseman
Defeat the game on APOCALYPTIC
Unlocked: Dec 27, 2010 12:24am

Peterthumpa

Gamespot livestream is starting in a few mins
http://www.twitch.tv/gamespot#r=-rid-&s=em

IT STARTS!

EDIT- SHIT! THEY ARE SHOWING THE MAIN QUESTLINE, ONE BIGASS DUNGEON. SCREW THAT, IM OUT OF HERE.

buy-and-bail-out.jpg

Way to much spoilers here, this is a main questline dungeon. Dont wanna see.

In 8hrs game will be released on US Steam!

I hope you're right. Like I said in this thread, Steam says 8 hours for me, and I'm on the East Coast. I don't want to wait 3 hours for Pacific guys to catch up.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
I've been hearing about this game a lot lately, can someone tell me if it's more like God of War or the Splatterhouse remake?

Einbroch

Banned
Apocalyptic didn't seem too hard when I was playing. Then again, I only played for a about two hours. Scythe scythe sub sub sub killed almost every non-elite enemy.

DieH@rd

Banned
PC Version. I'm guessing they forgot to turn on vsync. BTW, OMG gotta stop watching now because it'll spoil the rest of the first game for me (seeing all the cool new features and stuff). Back to epic Darksiders 1 gaming session now.

We saw in SDCC gamespot footage and giantbomb quicklook [they are under same roof now] that game also had tearing, but they attributed that to their capture hw. They ALSO played non-retail version [we saw that in IGN footage today ].

I really hope that retail PC version will run fine.

Maffis

vpn trick doesn't seem to work for me. steam gets stuck at updating and then stops responding when tunnelbear is activated. is there a way to fix this?

DieH@rd

Banned
vpn trick doesn't seem to work for me. steam gets stuck at updating and then stops responding when tunnelbear is activated. is there a way to fix this?

It was mentioned on the previous page that tunelbear does not respond anymore with Steam. I have borrowed paid version of VPN software, and it works for me [it switches to $ and shows US times].

Zeth

Do we know if GB is doing a quick look? edit: yes they did

I hope the tearing is from the capture somehow (GS stream). It seems to tear even when the camera isn't moving around.

RPGCrazied

Can't wait to start playing, but since I had to go with PS3. I guess I'm going to have to deal with the tearing. I was so pumped when earlier they said no tearing it all on console versions, then watching videos and streams you clearly see it does tear. Oh well. Patch please?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Can't wait to start playing, but since I had to go with PS3. I guess I'm going to have to deal with the tearing. I was so pumped when earlier they said no tearing it all on console versions, then watching videos and streams you clearly see it does tear. Oh well. Patch please?

Looking at videos, the tearing looks rare. I don't really notice it unless I pay close attention to it.

Framerate looks fine, too.

EDIT: Wow, either Gamespot's capture stuff really is awful or they forgot to turn on Vsync, it's tearing up worse than the console versions!

damn those big sites make it hard for normal streamers to get any success,lol.

As a little gaming-video guy, I definitely feel the pain =)

Some of the bigger YouTubers can push out crap content, but still get tons of attention, while the little guys like me (I'm at 2k subs), have to work really hard promoting our videos, etc.
just because we arrived late at the scene/feeding frenzy =(

BY2K

Membero Americo
Why the **** does Gamestop closes at 6pm on a Tuesday!? Now I can't go get my copy until Wednesday!

Damn it all!

DieH@rd

Banned
Why the **** does Gamestop closes at 6pm on a Tuesday!? Now I can't go get my copy until Wednesday!

Damn it all!

But on Wednesday is the Independence Day in Gabon [according to wiki]! Gamestop will not work on that day!

I feel for your pain...

Top Bottom