• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

DieH@rd

Banned
use a vpn to access the vpn
KuGsj.gif

http://inception.davepedu.com/

hlhbk

Of course the cd key to preload on Steam still isn't available at the THQ store. Never EVER buying from them again.

batbeg

How long is the first Darksiders?

I started it last week, I have about 8 hours in so far, I don't want to rush because I'm thoroughly enjoying it, but I also want to get to DS2 so I can talk about it/play it while it's still new and relevant.
Just played it for my first time this weekend, only missing 3 abysall armor pieces, a couple of those weapon mods and things you sell to Griever. 14 hours.

Last dungeon sucked enough enthusiasm out of me that I'm more apprehensive than ever on 2 closing the gap to Zelda-quality dungeons, though all the other components look much improved.

Hawk269

For those playing the PC version, did they make it easy to apply AA solutions and other graphical things to improve image quality? DS1 was a pain in the ass to get proper AA applied and just hoping the dev's made a proper PC version this time.

Thanks!

neoism

15hrs

1. download and install tunnelbear from here: http://www.tunnelbear.com/

2. shut down steam or origin

3. start the vpn and choose US

4. open steam and it should unlock the game allowing you to play

5. switch to offline mode and stay offline until after release in your area - also shut down vpn now (for origin you can come back online as it doesnt check again)
ibuAthK8Bld69q.gif

rybrad

Of course the cd key to preload on Steam still isn't available at the THQ store. Never EVER buying from them again.
I just checked my old Saints Row email and they sent the key at 10:41pm PST on Monday night before launch. Hopefully they get this one out a little sooner than that...

Duffyside

Banned
14 and a half hours.
Midnight EST, 5AM GMT, 6AM CET.

This makes me want to be a PC gamer. Getting games at earlier than midnight is really appealing.

Hopefully the console makers realize how much of an advantage this gives all download-only services (including tablets), and address it next generation. Not with just day-one digital releases themselves, but with having preorder partnerships with retail, in if you preorder for full price you will get your physical copy mailed to you as well as a code to download so you don't have to wait for the mailman or the store to open.

forrest

formerly nacire
I'm guessing THQshop isn't going to e-mail the keys early? Has anyone gotten a key from them yet?

When are digital river/thq sending out the CD keys?

do they usually release them at midnight? or a couple hours earlier?

This is the reply I got from THQ in regards to when I would receive my key or download instructions.

I then asked if there wasn't some way to preload, but I never got a response.

Yeah I'll probably opt to buy via steam the next time this situation arrives.

DPsygnet

Any words on difference between the 360 and PS3 version ?

I'm wondering which one to get and i could not find any rage thread about how one version is a crappy port, so i guess all version are awesome, as it should be ?

d00d3n

The game is not even available in South Korea. Korean vpn does not work with the game. Maybe some other asian country will work? Singapore?

DieH@rd

Banned
Tragic died! [apocalyptic dif]

he said that they built Apoclyptic dif by increasing difficulty until their best players can barely play trough it. Then they reduced diff by a little amount and called it a day.

Nobody at Vigil has beaten Nightmare mode.

Volcynika

he said that they built Apoclyptic dif by increasing difficulty until their best players can barely play trough it. Then they reduced diff by a little amount and called it a day.

So not sure if I should start on Apocalyptic this time. :p

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So wait Apocalyptic deletes your save?

So if you build a character up for nightmare mode from New Game+ in other difficulties, then go in Nightmare and die, you lose all that progress?

I figured you just had to beat the game with no deaths. That's nuts if your entire save disappears.

Volcynika

So if you build a character up for nightmare mode from New Game+ in other difficulties, then go in Nightmare and die, you lose all that progress?

I figured you just had to beat the game with no deaths. That's nuts if your entire save disappears.

I didn't see the stream, but what are you talking about deleting saves? D:

Hawk269

For those playing the PC version, did they make it easy to apply AA solutions and other graphical things to improve image quality? DS1 was a pain in the ass to get proper AA applied and just hoping the dev's made a proper PC version this time.

Thanks!

Anyone???

DieH@rd

Banned

No, Nightmare mode deletes your save if you die in combat [falls from ledges dont count]. You unlock Nightmare mode when you finish the game once. Also, Nightmare mode = automatic Apocalyptic diff.

edit - nobody at Vigils offices has beaten Crucible on Apocalyptic in retail version of the game.

d00d3n

Just got a reply from THQ about there being any chance to pre-load. The answer is no.

The "suspended" status in steam is wrong. Update to the steam beta client and the game will show as fully preloaded. You will find the matching data in steam/depotcache.

FtHTiny

No, Nightmare mode deletes your save if you die in combat [falls from ledges dont count]. You unlock Nightmare mode when you finish the game once. Also, Nightmare mode = automatic Apocalyptic diff.

Can you start nightmare mode only with a new char or can you bring an old one that after death just gets deleted?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Lol Tragic dropping bombs on stream

I didn't see the stream, but what are you talking about deleting saves? D:

Tragic said it on the stream

So character, experience and weapons all gone? Or do you just have to start from the beginning.

If it's the former I don't think I'm hardcore enough for that lol.

Take notes blizzard! That's how you balance a game.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Oh you start fresh for Nightmare mode. Can't bring in New Game + stuff

That makes sense

gdt

So when does this unlock tonight? I heard someone way 10pm? Comes up as the expected time for me, midnight.

forrest

formerly nacire
The "suspended" status in steam is wrong. Update to the steam beta client and the game will show as fully preloaded. You will find the matching data in steam/depotcache.

I ordered directly from THQ, they will not be sending me a key until the release date. People were asking about when THQ would be sending out keys. I was just posting the info I had received from them via email. I'm not really sure what your trying to tell me?

Top Bottom