• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

d00d3n

I ordered directly from THQ, they will not be sending me a key until the release date. People were asking about when THQ would be sending out keys. I was just posting the info I had received from them via email. I'm not really sure what your trying to tell me?

Sorry, did not know of your specific circumstances.

I have 4 choices :

1) IF I can't change difficulty when I go into NG+ then :

As for the first Darksiders, I'll directly begin on Apocalyptic difficulty...but I'm not so sure about Nightmare mode though...
I will challenge the Crucible on Apocalyptic then, but if it's really getting on my nerves maybe I'll make a Normal run to unlock it and beat it or something.

2) IF I can change the difficulty for NG+ but only go UP then :

First playthrough on normal, then I'll make a double save so I can replay on Apocalyptic to get the trophy, and still level up on normal in NG+ on the side so I can "destroy" the Crucible later on.

3) IF I can change the difficulty for NG+ both ways then :

First playthrough on Apocalyptic, then NG+ on normal.

4) IF Apocalyptic means better loot than Normal, then I'll suck it up and do everything on Apocalyptic. Even if it's really hard to beat the Crucible that way.

forrest

formerly nacire
Sorry, did not know of your specific circumstances.

No worries, I just assumed your comment was directed at people who had already been pre-loading on steam. :D

Loved the stream, though I alt tabbed for the story related segements. One thing I learned, Ben and Jay have a great sense of humor. Not sure who the IGN guy was, but he was pretty boring in comparison. Pawnstars coming to Darksiders had me rolling!

Gbraga

Sorry for dying. Hope you guys enjoyed the stream. More to come today!

Thank you for the stream, it was really cool, the side dungeon was great!

It will be a hard wait until the game arrives, I think I'll have it by the end of the week though.

Already pre-ordered Darksiders 2 after playing the first one for about 5 hours. How did I miss these games? The first one is incredible. Gonna binge on it to get ready for the sequel now. BTW, no THQ pre-order codes yet for me as well.

Facism

tempted to VPN, but so many conflicting issues on valve being meanies about it.

I play other things with steam, so staying offline in steam for a week is not an option :p

NIN90

What's the usual time when Steam releases games in the US? Midnight? Thinking about VPN'ing this. Game's release is tomorrow, right?

Maffis

15hrs

1. download and install tunnelbear from here: http://www.tunnelbear.com/

2. shut down steam or origin

3. start the vpn and choose US

4. open steam and it should unlock the game allowing you to play

5. switch to offline mode and stay offline until after release in your area - also shut down vpn now (for origin you can come back online as it doesnt check again)

Is this safe? Because I have quite a lot of games on my account that I added Darksiders 2 to and I don't want to get banned :(

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
I don't think that's the world map.

I think that's part of the world. I've seen most of those areas with 6 hours played. The story also hints that there are other 'worlds' to see.

you're correct. That map is just for the Forge Lands.

H

mxgt

Banned
Is this safe? Because I have quite a lot of games on my account that I added Darksiders 2 to and I don't want to get banned :(

Yet to be banned and done it with at least 5 games.

If you stay offline it shouldn't be an issue. I mean, you paid for the game.

NIN90

You should be fine as long as you don't buy anything while you are on the VPN.
Valve has nothing to gain from banning you for something that's not really a danger to them. They do want to continue selling games to you, right? :)

jfoul

I'm about 14 hours in now since Friday. I have only finished the first "area", and now I'm finishing up as many side quests as I can before I move on to the next area. Imo, This game so far... is damn good, everything comes together so well. This is how a series should evolve, it's just so much better than the first game.

Most people who haven't played the game yet will mostly gush over the art, combat, and loot... but this game also has an AMAZING soundtrack.

I really hope this game sells well, Vigil deserves it. I can't wait to see where this series goes, and anything else Vigil decides to craft next.

sephi22

you're correct. That map is just for the Forge Lands.

H
Your dungeon designer should get a gold medal. The shortcuts really help.

I spent 40 minutes going through the
temple
only to miss the chest behind
the warden's
legs. I fast travelled back to the entrance, and it took me only 3 minutes to get through the dungeon again. The entry and the exit were actually just in a straight line. This should make picking up missed chests/items a breeze.

daedalius

Livestream is making this game look so amazing.

That initial map is just nuts, if that is just one area. They weren't kidding about the game being like 4-5 times as large as the first game.

Top Bottom