• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

JAY the BIRD

Neo Member
I own the first one, but never really played it. Do I...

A. Play through it (if so , how long?), then buy DS2 on a sale?

B. Just buy DS2 now and skip the first one?

forrest

formerly nacire
I own the first one, but never really played it. Do I...

A. Play through it (if so , how long?), then buy DS2 on a sale?

B. Just buy DS2 now and skip the first one?

A. Your playthrough depends on how much you want to do. 20+ for full completion on first playthrough and 13-15ish to just do the main quest. That's my guesstimate.

B. Well I'm a big fan of the first, but you get a recap at the beginning of the second game if you decide to skip the first.

JAY the BIRD

Neo Member
A. Your playthrough depends on how much you want to do. 20+ for full completion on first playthrough and 13-15ish to just do the main quest. That's my guesstimate.

B. Well I'm a big fan of the first, but you get a recap at the beginning of the second game if you decide to skip the first.

Yeah. I'm less concerned about missing out on the story, and more so about missing out on a potentially awesome game. I simply feel that if I jump into 2, It would pretty darn hard to go back and play the original. They seem to have improved A LOT.

Yeah. I'm less concerned about missing out on the story, and more so about missing out on a potentially awesome game. I simply feel that if I jump into 2, It would pretty darn hard to go back and play the original. They seem to have improved A LOT.

Ah, well the first game is great...took me about 18 hours to finish.

TentPole

I would recommend playing the first. It is really good but it might be one of those games that is harder to go back to after playing the greatly expanded sequel.

Duffyside

Banned
I went from being incredibly excited that I might get my copy early due to my early email shipping notice, to now being terribly worried I won't get it in time, if at all.

This tracking system is the worst hunk of garbage I've ever seen. Can not believe even a company as dumb as THQ uses them.

Salsa

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

Darksiders II's listed Release Date JUST changed before my eyes, literally:

cqBQ5.png

yet another case of us South Americans somehow being associated with Europe's release dates.

fuck this crap. Cleared out the day tomorrow to play this all day. Cant believe it JUST changed, this has to be a fucking joke.

I bet DS1 feels different if you play it after DS2. Not different bad, but different. Either way, I envy people getting to experience it for the first time. It really came out of nowhere for me. Was bored one day and downloaded the demo. Sold.

iNvid02

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

cqBQ5.png

yet another case of us South Americans somehow being associated with Europe's release dates.

fuck this crap. Cleared out the day tomorrow to play this all day. Cant believe it JUST changed, this has to be a fucking joke.

you know what you have to do salsa

Stuck on the part in DS1 where you have to fight more angels than Ulthane on Apocalyptic. As I've said previously, already beaten the game on PS3. I think I'll just wait a couple more hours for DS2. Getting real frustrated.

Adnor

Banned
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

cqBQ5.png

Here on Chile we had to wait to the 20th since the start.

forrest

formerly nacire

Well man I adore the first game and the franchise and a lot of people who glossed over it originally have come to realize what a gem it is. So my personal recommendation is if you can wait on 2, go ahead an play the first one. If you don't enjoy it you have only your poor taste to blame!!!
3AQmK.gif

dreamfall

The story in the first game is severely overlooked. I think Joe Mad's design takes precedence but really the narrative crafted for the Horsemen and their conflicts with the Charred Council and the Hellguard are worth investing in! I'm really excited about Death. Just give me more Fury!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I love that the Aussie unlock date is the 14th but the retail release date is the 16th.

Nabs

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT

cqBQ5.png

You know how to fix this.

Cheska

For those already playing this, does it pick up much quicker than the first game? I quit Darksiders after a few hours because I was so flippin' bored but the locations of this game have me intrigued to give it a try.

Just finished DS1 for the first time tonight. Great game and the best ending I've seen in awhile. DS2 preloading now. Too bad i gotta work 12 hours tomorrow.

so close. I'll be playing this tomorrow night. A one know if a save from my old ps3 will unlock the weapons or wold I need to boot up the game on my new ps3 to resync my trphies

Just a heads up for those that were harvesting souls in the ios app, it looks like they just went ahead and unlocked the hammer. I was only halfway earlier, and now its showing 100% personal and community, along with displaying an unlock code.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
so is anyone using m&k? First Darksiders was playable but eh, much better with a pad. Mine has been dead for weeks so I hope in comfortable pc controls..

WTF the release date just changed to 20 August 2012 for me as well. I don't live anywhere near EU or South America (I live in The Bahamas). :(

purg3

slept with Malkin
just got home and started watching the IGN stream from earlier today. hype levels off the charts right now. I need this now.

TGMIII

For those of you who are using VPN to unlock the game early, were you able to pre-load the game without VPN or will you be downloading it once it unlocks in a few hours?

TGMIII

You can preload it without any VPN method.

That's what I thought but when I try to pre-load it sits at 0% for maybe an hour and then it stops saying "missing decryption key". Tried the usual stuff like verifying cache, deleting and starting the download and even deleting clientregistry.blob.

Gabe really doesn't want me playing until the 20th.

Muramasa

What about the perfomance of the ps3 version? d1 on ps3 had freezes and tearing on 360. Played 2 hours d2 x360 version and it is ok so far, but im curious about the ps3 version.

Megasoum

Banned
Fucking steam...keeps pushing back the unlock time... Started with midnight, then moved to 00:30 and now it says 2h from now so 1am...

Top Bottom