• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Peterthumpa

Getting a lot of framerate drops. Gonna try new drivers.

These are not FPS drops. It's the same goddamn stuttering as the first game.
Check out FRAPS, on a average rig it should stay at 60 FPS, locked. For Christ's sake, I thought that the days of lazy work on ports were over...

The pixelated shadows are also a problem (Darksiders 1 had nothing like this) and I can see that the sun is appearing even when I'm inside locations, WTF.

Gonna disable forced AA to see.

[EDIT] - Disabling AA on CP fixes the sun issue. Shadows are still blocky though.

K.Sabot

These video games sure are great.

54A848A04A0A25A50DE8FD226AA9E62150F4782C

Aeana

Check out FRAPS, on a average rig it should stay at 60 FPS, locked. For Christ's sake, I thought that the days of lazy work on ports were over...

The pixelated shadows are also a problem (Darksiders 1 had nothing like this) and I can see that the sun is appearing even when I'm inside locations, WTF.

[EDIT] - Disabling AA on CP fixes the sun issue. Shadows are still blocky though.
Yeah, I'm getting stuttering and it is driving me totally batty. :(

Working just fine for me. The THQ signup thing didn't work, saying something about the service not working. Managed to get passed it and go into the menu afterwards.

Death feels so good, omg

Gonna go with Necromancer as a change of pace. Tragic didn't show it off from what I saw, hopefully it's rewarding/fun to play.

gdt

Got no stuttering the bit that I played. It was gorgeous (except for the shadows) and smooth. I'll have to add in AA tomorrow morning and experiment with the fps hits. I'll go as low as 40 I think...

K.Sabot

So has anyone got resolutions working?

Edit: There's seriously no way to end the program outside of shutting it down through windows? LOLPC

I'mma have a bit of patience to play this game, sadly.

gdt

BTW, validated my files to see if that was the cause of the shadows, but my file integrity is fine. So they'll probably have to patch that.

JambiBum

So has anyone got resolutions working?

Edit: There's seriously no way to end the program outside of shutting it down through windows? LOLPC

I'mma have a bit of patience to play this game, sadly.
It was that way with the first game too. Thought it was pretty weird

antitrop

Working just fine for me. The THQ signup thing didn't work, saying something about the service not working. Managed to get passed it and go into the menu afterwards.

Death feels so good, omg

Gonna go with Necromancer as a change of pace. Tragic didn't show it off from what I saw, hopefully it's rewarding/fun to play.

I just did it less than five minute ago and it worked perfectly on the first try.

Experiences may vary, I suppose.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Steam site says I can play.
Steam says I have to wait until it's available for my region.
What.

TheExodu5

Banned

I wouldn't blame stuttering on a lazy port job. The Witcher 2 is one of PC's high profile titles and even it has stuttering.

Honestly, I have no idea what to blame stuttering on. Some games are perfectly fine (Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was extremely smooth), some are not (Darksiders).

Maffis

But I remember a PC article that said the game would feature a lot of graphical options. Wtf? Maybe they released some kind of old version or something?

JambiBum

The first game at launch? Because now with the first game I can just quit to the main menu, and quit the program from there.
Now. At least for me. I bought it during the GMG sale and I can quit to the main menu but in order to exit from there I have to alt tab out first.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anybody else experiencing lock ups when returning to the game from a menu? Not constantly, but it's happened to me two or three times now.

Peterthumpa

I wouldn't blame stuttering on a lazy port job. The Witcher 2 is one of PC's high profile titles and even it has stuttering.

Honestly, I have no idea what to blame stuttering on. Some games are perfectly fine (Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was extremely smooth), some are not (Darksiders).

No, this is a different kind of stuttering. Almost a "technical trademark" of the first Darksiders on PC.

If I force vsync and triple buffering with D3D, I get mad stuttering. Disable it and run the game and I'm getting over 150fps with no stuttering and some tearing. In-game vsync does nothing.

Top Bottom