• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I eventually got by that somehow. It was just gone when I forced restarted the game through the task manager.

I tried to sign in using my existing account (made it earlier in the year, apparently) but received a server error message, and the log-in screen hasn't returned since. I don't know if it's a bug or a result of the game silently signing me in during the initial loading screen.

forrest

formerly nacire
Well my THQ download was moving decently at almost 2mb/sec, but now it's only pulling down 300k per sec and it's telling me it will take over 2 more hours. Currently at 58%. Might just call it a night.

V-Synch won't stick, even when forced, so I get some fluid motion on the walls but not quite tearing. Resolution is fine at 1080 on my TV. Death in the inventory screen is jaggied out to hell though. No shadow problems. Running 100-120 fps according to RadeonPro, even with forced v-sync and triple buffering.

So far I'm not impressed at all with PC tweaking options, but the game itself seems great. Fluid combat (with nice combo transitions when swapping weapons mid-attack), Prince of Persia 2008 traversal (including recovery from falls), and some lootstuffs and skills. Music is epic and inspiring and the art design is exactly what I want. Death's voice is perfect too, so all in all a good time.

Tomorrow I'll truly sink my teeth into this.

After the initial annoyances with the resolution change I am really having a blast. I love the atmosphere and the music in this game. Death is awesome and I like his voice, in fact all of the character design is great so far. Also loving the loot system. Except WTF at the terrible low res version of Death in the inventory screen
KuGsj.gif

Gav47

But I remember a PC article that said the game would feature a lot of graphical options. Wtf? Maybe they released some kind of old version or something?

Yup

http://icrontic.com/article/darksiders-ii-and-the-triumphant-return-of-pc-gaming

On the question of graphics options, I was told by both Fitzloff and Everett that the PC version will have a fully tweakable config file as well as the standard in-game graphics options for various resolutions, settings, and options. However, if you want to get really deep, the config file will be there.

Sr0hp.jpg

KuGsj.gif

After the initial annoyances with the resolution change I am really having a blast. I love the atmosphere and the music in this game. Death is awesome and I like his voice, in fact all of the character design is great so far. Also loving the loot system. Except WTF at the terrible low res version of Death in the inventory screen
KuGsj.gif

Sounds like my experience, love the loot system and animations but I feel like its still missing a hires pack like sleeping dogs

Megasoum

Banned
Well...the game never goes under 100fps which is great...except that I have v-sync on and it's never going under 100? lol... I'll try to force it through inspector tomorrow. Other than the the game is fun but I hope we'll be able to fix some of graphical stuff like blocky shadows and lack of AA...

Looks like it's gonna be a fun game (as expected) but it looks like a terrible and shitty PC port (again, as expected).

+10 to holding left trigger when straddling beams to lean out before jumping. Every damn game with hanging beams kills me because I'll end up jumping while twisting around and miss my mark. Its a small thing, but appreciated.

Also +10 to insta-steed capabilities. Awesome touch.

Gambit61

Hm, using D3Doverrider causes really bad stuttering. I also tried forcing it and then disabling it through Nvidia drivers but I get some really weird hitching with both options when moving the camera. It's like I'm playing at 30fps even though fraps says 60fps. Also, Death looks like a sprite in the inventory screen lol. Besides that, everything else looks fine.

Gav47

Why would they lie to their fans? That's a lame thing to do.

I doubt they lied about it, if they were going to cut the feature out it wouldn't make sense to leave a folder called config in the game directory but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Peterthumpa

Hm, using D3Doverrider causes really bad stuttering. I also tried forcing it and then disabling it through Nvidia drivers but I get some really weird hitching with both options when moving the camera. It's like I'm playing at 30fps even though fraps says 60fps. Also, Death looks like a sprite in the inventory screen lol. Besides that, everything else looks fine.

But what are your settings right now? Are you playing with D3DOverrider disabled, v-sync off?

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
The biggest problem I have so far is the game getting stuck on the gray cloudy screen anytime I pause and unpause it. Anyone else have this issue? I have an Nvidia card (gtx580) and have the setting on "let application decide". This is making the game next to unplayable.

Gambit61

But what are your settings right now? Are you playing with D3DOverrider disabled, v-sync off?

Yeah, I have all V-sync off now and gonna try messing with the frame limit settings in Nvidia Inspector. When I first launched the game it was pretty smooth but the frames were unlocked (jumping around 70 - 85) and had terrible tearing.

Just picked up my PS3 version from Gamestop.

Some dude was dressed up in like.. goth clothes, and had a scythe crafted out of Gamestop boxes. Was freakin' hilarious. Loved it.

scitek

Download MSI Afterburner. Start the OSD Server and add the Darksiders 2 exe to it. Hit the settings button and tell it to limit the game to 60fps. Then, force Vsync through Inspector. It runs without a hitch for me and I'm forcing 2xSGSSAA.

Syriel

Is it confirmed that installing fixes the stuttering?

Sometimes I hate owning both consoles. Multiplatform releases drive me nuts.

Installing to the Xbox 360 hard drive reduces load times (minimal, but still there). Visual tearing happens ocassionally regardless of install or not. It is minor, but it is there.

I noticed the season pass is being advertised already on PSN. It says it gives you a discount on upcoming content, I think it's probably worded poorly. Can anyone clarify?

Season pass contains three items. 60 day and 90 day DLC (dungeons) and one armor set.

If you look closely at the map you would actually say it is quite small because most of it is closed by mountains and what not.

I believe that 7-8 hours will give enough info for reviewers. 25+ is not manageable for a lot of reviewers anymore.

My first playthrough of Darksiders II (not rushing, sticking mostly to main quest, exploring when things looked interesting though purposefully skipping some side quests) clocked in at almost exactly 25 hours of game time on the dot.

I thought they said the console versions don't tear? So its confirmed they both do?

It is most certainly present in the 360 version. Minor, but present. Haven't spent a whole lot of time with the PS3 version, but the short bit I did see looked similar.

So is the Crucible on disc or do I have to put in a password or some shit to unlock it or what

"Back in my day I played shitty-looking games and liked it! You kids today and your standards!"

Crucible is on-disc, but you need to input the code to download the unlock file.

Embargo's at 12EST right? Thought I saw a tweet stating it.

Correct. Review embargo for all official media is 9am Pacific / Noon Eastern.

Well finally got the shopTHQ mails, I got the Darksiders II game steam key, the Argul's Tomb steam key and the Season Pass steam key, the strange thing is that when I try to add the Argul's Tomb key it says that I already own the product, and in the Downloadable Content Tab appears "Crucible Pass" and "Season Pass" so I don't know why the Argul's Tomb can't be added, does someone knows about this?

Thank you

If you're showing the other two in your account, then you have them. It's possible that the first key was a bundle key. Hang onto all emails to be sure, but if Steam says you own the content, you own the content.

neoism

hoping for a patch tomorrow.. because this isn't a pc game........ :/ lies... they siad I could change the fov. :/ sooo glad the game is awesome at least

tragic

Developer
Just got off a plane from norcal. Going to Hollywood GameStop. Will be back soon to answer any questions I can!

pahamrick

What do you need to do to get the Darksiders 1 achievement unlocks? I've already got the pre-order items and the facebook weapon but I've not got the achievement items yet.

And did anyone who pre-ordered from GMG get the Argul's Tomb DLC listed in their DLC list?

antitrop

Just got off a plane from norcal. Going to Hollywood GameStop. Will be back soon to answer any questions I can!
Congratulations, you guys made an amazing sequel and I can't wait to play more. But please take note of all the PC port issues that people are having in this thread.

What do you need to do to get the Darksiders 1 achievement unlocks? I've already got the pre-order items and the facebook weapon but I've not got the achievement items yet.

And did anyone who pre-ordered from GMG get the Argul's Tomb DLC listed in their DLC list?

Wait! There are items you get for the achievements you had in the 1st game?

I preordered thru GMG and no it is not listed.....yet anyway. It does state this in the Steam store for the preorders though "when it becomes available after launch."

Peterthumpa

Thanks tragic. Please try to say something about the so called config file that was going to be available for those who like to change more settings.

Besides that, amazing looking game.

Peterthumpa

Download MSI Afterburner. Start the OSD Server and add the Darksiders 2 exe to it. Hit the settings button and tell it to limit the game to 60fps. Then, force Vsync through Inspector. It runs without a hitch for me and I'm forcing 2xSGSSAA.

Are you having transparent sun that sticks in front of everything when enabling AA? Easy to check in the beginning of the game, just look at it and see if it Death can hide it with his own body.

Also, how are you applying SGSSAA?

Top Bottom