• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

neoism

Why would they lie to their fans? That's a lame thing to do.

yep very disappointed in this seems like I at least got my money worth though so far... PATCH this goddamn it. glad the game seems great at the start it can only get better . :/ Night good gaming guys..<3

Volcynika

Got to the what I think is the first major dungeon in the game.

Beforehand, while I was doing exploring in the first open area:

Ah neat, an enemy named Gorewood. I can take him! ....WHY AM I DOING NO DAMAGE MUST ESCAPE I CAN'T NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Also near the beginning (before major dungeon) I could've
totally taken Thane, but his three vertical hits when his health is low is just annoying.

If you're showing the other two in your account, then you have them. It's possible that the first key was a bundle key. Hang onto all emails to be sure, but if Steam says you own the content, you own the content.

Well I got 3 emails, one with the Darksiders II game, the second with the Argul's Tomb DLC, and the third one with the Season Pass.... I added the first one, and was successful, I added the season pass and it was ok, I went to the downloadable content tab and I noticed that "Crucible Pass" was added and "Season Pass" too, when I try to add the Argul's Tomb it says "You already own the product", so I checked on the Darksiders Community page, and I saw that SledgeHammer said that you need to redeem the Argul's Tomb on this site www.darksiders.com/tomb, so I went to that site, tried to redeem the code, this is what I got:

Redeem Argul's Tomb
Steps to redeem Argul's Tomb
SORRY

This code is invalid, or is already in use. Please verify you have input your code correctly. If you're still having issues please contact us at: ds2support@thq.com

So it seems that the key for Argul's Tomb is broken or I don't know! :(

scitek

Are you having transparent sun that sticks in front of everything when enabling AA? Easy to check in the beginning of the game, just look at it and see if it Death can hide it with his own body.

Also, how are you applying SGSSAA?

No problems with the sun. And the latest beta drivers include a profile for DS2.

Well I got 3 emails, one with the Darksiders II game, the second with the Argul's Tomb DLC, and the third one with the Season Pass.... I added the first one, and was successful, I added the season pass and it was ok, I went to the downloadable content tab and I noticed that "Crucible Pass" was added and "Season Pass" too, when I try to add the Argul's Tomb it says "You already own the product", so I checked on the Darksiders Community page, and I saw that SledgeHammer said that you need to redeem the Argul's Tomb on this site www.darksiders.com/tomb, so I went to that site, tried to redeem the code, this is what I got:

Redeem Argul's Tomb
SORRY

This code is invalid, or is already in use. Please verify you have input your code correctly. If you're still having issues please contact us at: ds2support@thq.com

Sorry to hear that.

I preordered thru GMG and have not received anything for the Argus Tomb. I only received the two weapons from linking my accounts (which the codes are not available yet) and the facebook page weapon.

DieH@rd

Banned
FUCKING NOOOOOOOOO!!!
We can not customize controlls for mouse and keyboard [or I cant find that]!

What is this, fucking cheap console port land? I dont want to play with a fucking controller! Dash on a ALT?! GODDAMN I'M SO MAD NOW.

Alright, my only problem with the game so far:

I've got a 360 pad hooked up. When I control Death with the left stick, it feels smooth. When I rotate the camera with the right stick, it looks all stuttery and just doesn't feel smooth. I don't see tearing, it just doesn't feel smooth.

I've tried it with both Vsync/triple buffering on and off through my Catalyst Control Panel to no avail... :/

Dinosur

I had no tearing/framerate issues on my 670. Only tech problems so far...

1) The inventory screen Death model, holy shit 800x600 rez

2) In that opening tunnel, the moon or something was making a lens flare through the entire thing even though you're in a cave

3) Game flipped back to desktop randomly and when I returned the mini-map was a black circle until I hit another zone

malfcn

How quickly the fans turn on a game. It is annoying when things aren't explained, or not the way they were laid out.

Wut. Lulz.

08/13/2012 Pending DRI*THQ.COM STORE -$128.08
08/13/2012 Pending DRI*THQ.COM STORE $64.04

scitek said:
Download MSI Afterburner. Start the OSD Server and add the Darksiders 2 exe to it. Hit the settings button and tell it to limit the game to 60fps. Then, force Vsync through Inspector. It runs without a hitch for me and I'm forcing 2xSGSSAA.
Just wanted to say THANK YOU! This worked brilliantly. The game runs flawlessly. No tearing and buttery smooth with not a single hitch. If I knew you, I'd hug you.:D

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
This is what I found someone saying in the Steam forums.
"no, its key is your game product Key, as you activate the game on steam the dlc comes with the game. I called them to make sure, that's what they said."

That's what I figured, since I never got any key from GMG

I'll worry about it when it comes out. If I don't get it I just won't play it

Probably won't play this until next week. Still collecting the Triforce in the original and honestly I'm kinda burnt out :s

PC port problems don't do anything to alleviate that. Gonna go play Persona and see what's good in a week. Hopefully I'll have finished and digested the first one by then and be hungry for more

antitrop

How quickly the fans turn on a game. It is annoying when things aren't explained, or not the way they were laid out.
I'd hardly say anyone is turning on the game. Plenty of console port bitching to be sure, but so far it's looking like Darksiders II is one of the best action games that we'll see all year.

I've only played about the first hour or so, but it's fucking incredible. There are plenty of live streams up on TwitchTV if you're interested in seeing it.

Aeana

Download MSI Afterburner. Start the OSD Server and add the Darksiders 2 exe to it. Hit the settings button and tell it to limit the game to 60fps. Then, force Vsync through Inspector. It runs without a hitch for me and I'm forcing 2xSGSSAA.
I was getting motion sickness with the game because of the stuttering, and I think this fixed it for me. I still notice a tiny tiny bit of stuttering, but it no longer makes me feel sick, so thank you very much for this.

So its running for me and its running wonderfully... at 120fps.

Yay, kinda wish vsync worked.

Edit: And yeah, after one hour I can already tell this is probably the best action game of the year.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm still unable to start the game. I click the play button on Steam but for some reason it's not starting. Can someone help?

dmr87

hoping for a patch tomorrow.. because this isn't a pc game........ :/ lies... they siad I could change the fov. :/ sooo glad the game is awesome at least

Woah woah, being able to change FoV in a PC-title? Let's not get too excited now shall we.

Is it bad that I'm happy that I can at least change the resolution and the fps is above 60?

I'm normally a stickler for PC options but after the horror surrounding the coming Dark Souls port I'm just happy this isn't complete shit.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Played briefly. Looks nice and clean, if obviously a straight console port not pushing PC hardware in any significant way. Keyboard controls are crud, as expected, so I'm going to wait for my 360 pad to arrive before I sink in. Of what I played moving Death around the environment and the combat flowed much smoother and felt nicer than War. Death still looks like he is straight out of Slipknot. Awesome score.

Look forward to playing it. First Sleeping Dogs, then this. Hopefully by the time my pad arrives and Dogs is done and dusted there will be a few tweaks to clean up the game.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dyam I must be the only person not having issues with the pc version LOL

Also death is the fucking fastest swimmer of all time. That is all.

Kurod

Banned
Apparently I mistyped my THQ account name when I first booted up this game and now my Steam account is locked in matrimony with someone elses THQ profile. It's funny because it accepted my password at the time yet won't at their website.

Anyone know if they can be divorced?

remnant

Banned
Played briefly. Looks nice and clean, if obviously a straight console port not pushing PC hardware in any significant way. Keyboard controls are crud, as expected, so I'm going to wait for my 360 pad to arrive before I sink in. Of what I played moving Death around the environment and the combat flowed much smoother and felt nicer than War. Death still looks like he is straight out of Slipknot. Awesome score.

Look forward to playing it. First Sleeping Dogs, then this. Hopefully by the time my pad arrives and Dogs is done and dusted there will be a few tweaks to clean up the game.

Sleeping Dogs it is. Might as well get it on PS3 so i can redeem some value for it in the future.

Redeem Argul's Tomb
SORRY

Idk, I got my from gmg and when I check under DS2 in steam via properties and DLC it says Crucible Pass, dark Talons, Rusanov's Axe and Skeletal Axe of Rending are in

Peterthumpa

305.53, I got them from here.

The compatibility bit is 0x00001241. I don't know if it'll work with older drivers.

Thanks, works like a charm. And no stuttering! =)
Though I can't find an option to enable triple buffering on MSI's OSD. Can I run it together with D3DOverrider?

Gambit61

Thanks! The game plays perfectly smooth now. :D

forrest

formerly nacire
Im so confused, so I got 3 emails earlier , one for Ds2, one for Argul's Tomb and one for the Season Pass. The one for the actual game had a download link and I've just finished downloading the game and starting installing it. Now steam is asking for the product key which I can't find. WTF THQ? Anyone who ordered from THQ have any words of wisdom?

Nevermind, they apparently dont mail you the key.

The general sense of direction and guidance from THQ for those of us new to order from them has been as clear as bacon.

scitek

Thanks, works like a charm. And no stuttering! =)
Though I can't find an option to enable triple buffering on MSI's OSD. Can I run it together with D3DOverrider?

You can, but I'm forcing triple buffering and vsync through Inspector, though I also have D3DOverrider open at all times, but I'm pretty sure Inspector overrides it.

Top Bottom